New uses for Mindforce

davidgr1200

Elite
Society
Gloryhound Irregulars
Maxic
What suggestions do people have for new uses for mindforce, i.e. new chips that could be used for different things.

What suggestions do people have for new uses for mindforce, i.e. new chips that could be used for different things.

Nothing!

I think MA need to overhaul the MF part of EU and make it an actual worthwhile alternative to the existing options. For example heal chips are by FAR a worse option economically and in effectiveness than a FAP. The most basic offensive chip, Nerve Blast, is incredibly expensive to use and does very little in the way of actual damage. And the major expense? The decay. You need to use an ultra high decay insertion device to insert an implant to use chips. The implant is high decay too as well as the chips themselves. Drop the decay costs for one and it would make MF a more possible proposition. Drop the amount of ME needed per chip use as well as it is grossly over specced and things start looking a lot more "affordable".

Only once you make MF an actual useful thing to have would it make sense to add more features....

Only once you make MF an actual useful thing to have would it make sense to add more features....

Yeah but if you add more features that does MAKE MF more useful? :rolleyes:

The problem is that if you count tt value of MF... I think it's eco enough? :silly2:

Staelth mode >> Visible on screen but not on radar
Ghost mode >> Visible on radar , not on screen
Force field >> Gives additional protection on top of armor protection
Skill modification >> gives % temporary all skills, to use better weapons, finders,...
Hologram mode >> Makes a duplication(s) of yourself to mislead mobs or other players

Use the force!
OooOOOoOoo, i'd like to see some Jedi mind trick stuff :laugh:
How cool would it be to take umbras axe using telepathy?

Yeah but if you add more features that does MAKE MF more useful? :rolleyes:

Why not focus on simply fixing whats broken first rather than new developments?

The problem is that if you count tt value of MF... I think it's eco enough? :silly2:

Problem is, last time I checked was that MF wasn't available at the TT... :rolleyes:

Staelth mode >> Visible on screen but not on radar
Ghost mode >> Visible on radar , not on screen
Force field >> Gives additional protection on top of armor protection
Skill modification >> gives % temporary all skills, to use better weapons, finders,...
Hologram mode >> Makes a duplication(s) of yourself to mislead mobs or other players

Nice ideas!!!!

if you are sure about the MF career buy a bd imp before the price sky rockets!

then start with lvl 1, 2 and 3 chips and camp in the swamp camps giving heals and kill dry mobs. Do this for 6month and you should be a couple of steps up the mf stairway.

Problem is, last time I checked was that MF wasn't available at the TT... :rolleyes:

Yes... And it never will.

However, the only way right now (that I can think of) to make MF have better eco is driving down the ME prices... and for that droprate of nexus would have to decrease, sweat prices would have to fall even more, or both. The sweat price can't fall lower if MA want newbs to stay ingame long enough to depo, unless they get some other more profitable thing for newbs to do (and if they do, ppl will stop sweating and do that instead, driving up sweat prices and forcing people to sweat themselves ;))

I'd just be happy if they started dropping firestorm chips again!

New chip that does Cold damage.
Looted from creature that does Cold damage like feff.
New skill: Cryotropy, instead of Psychotropy and Pyrotropy.

Last edited:
levitation chip... drift along in the wind, or use its powers to lift others or mobs.

Shield modulation chip, to enforce certain armour plates.

Vision enhancer chip, to see 25 - 50 meters further.

Stun chip... use it and cut the internet connection of your friends.

Highlighter chip... giving the user the ability to tag ( make glow) a another target for a certain time, making them more visable at a distance.

Planter chip... used maybe for spreading flowers for bueatification of glum areas. Nothing like running over a barren worlderness and having flowers sprout where you've run.

Control chip.... force untammed or tamed mobs to attack selected target.

Cycadelic chip... makes the world go fuzzy and colourful, your stoned dude look.

Steal chip... used to steal the looks of another avatar for a period of time. Could also be called a cloner chip.

Holographic projector chip... used to project yourself as a distraction from pk'ers or high end mobs.

er... I'm out now...

hope any of this adds to the pile.

mind control chip, makes you able to 'force' another avatar into doing an emote of your choise ;) lol

oh btw with the coming night/day cykles of CE2...

Nightvision - Chip that enhanches your eyes so that you can easier see during dark hours. (Higher levels gives stronger enhanchment and longer time before you need to reapply).

and also:
telekinesis chip, that will make you able to 'force push/pull' (see star wars) mobs, avatars, items, etc... and also makes you able to use tools (thinking about extractors here) over a distance, loot mobs at a distance, etc to avoid aggro...

invisibility & flying

stop time for x sec so you can run to extract claim or loot a mob in an area of high agro mobs...

or dodge shoots in pvp-matrix slowmo ;)

teleport your mind to check out other places or have a look at cords before tp in...

aslong as they dont implement spells and other wow crap.

aslong as they dont implement spells and other ___ crap.

Okai if I fireblast the daikiba you use the 'heal team' spell and... right :D none of that ;)

Blinding- A chip that blinds mobs (and avas in PvP) so you can escape because they can't see you...

how about some nerveblast/firestorm combination chip with area damage around you? :D
higher level chips could increase damage and splash zone ;)

MF chip amps maybe? :rolleyes: to enhance the chips a bit? ^^

Yeah an update to the "magic" of EU could be nice ;)

Speed-up chip, giving U 10%-??% more speed for certain time:)

Hunting with mindforce is on the same level as hunting with a gernade launcher on high regen mobs

Mf weapons are eco but its ruined because the ammo you need(MF) is based on an item that has markup...
Now in yeserdays game that was a downside... but intodays High markup L weapons.. it will probably even out...
Im not sure if there is a MF weapon like opalo but there shoud be... I guess they need to make one tiny chip with 10/10 HA cause skilling up with a HA chip would be way to expensive...
I think one thing they do need to fix is Make MF weapons different... there is no difference between MF chips and a rifle except the chip is way slower...
They need a MF that is faster than most guns and shoot farther this might persuade some to go on that wagon for the benifits...
As it is now, there isnt many people willing to say, yes i want to use MF because the ammo has a markup ;P

Yes... And it never will.

However, the only way right now (that I can think of) to make MF have better eco is driving down the ME prices... and for that droprate of nexus would have to decrease, sweat prices would have to fall even more, or both. The sweat price can't fall lower if MA want newbs to stay ingame long enough to depo, unless they get some other more profitable thing for newbs to do (and if they do, ppl will stop sweating and do that instead, driving up sweat prices and forcing people to sweat themselves ;))

Ummmm ... to bring ME down you need to INCREASE the amount of Force Nexus on the market. If there is an oversupply prices drop.. if its decreased then there is an undersupply and prices rise...

Space Travel Wormhole - (group travel) open a wormhole to CND/CP (alternative to hangars/pilots)

Space Travel Teleporter - personal travel to CND/CP
(alternative to buying a flight)

Some nice ideas here, I particularly liked Nighthawks "mind control chip, makes you able to 'force' another avatar into doing an emote of your choice"

Fast Chip -> Run Faster (add's 10 extra agi to you'r avatar for 20min)
or 10mins

Fast Chip -> Run Faster (add's 10 extra agi to you'r avatar for 20min)
or 10mins

Oh this could be really awesome. This could be very useful for TP runs. You could like give people a speed buff so they can run/swim faster for a certain time.

I think MF is an area MA started, and then abandoned.

A bit like the huge effort that went into flight using lighter-than-air-technology before the 2nd world war. Germany spent a small fortune developing the Zeppelins, only to abandon it (along with the rest of the world) in favour of aerodynamic-lift from powered craft, aeroplanes.

Or alternatively, consider the battle between Beta-Max and VHS for video recorders. Beta-Max was probably the better of the two, but lost out to VHS.

MF is no different. It is a technology that has been abandoned by its developers, in favour of a competing technology (Guns). Weather of not MF was better, or not, is not an issue. It's been sidelined, forgotten, and that's it.

Of course TP chips have a use, but then Hot-Air balloons continue to be used, but only for fun, and not for serious travel.

I have always used mindforce skills even though most told me it was a waste of money. I believe the nerve chips do a decent amount of damage and do hope to find a firestorm chip someday.

The bd implants are beyond my budget but are ideal and needed to utilize all the chips...and yes the inserter has way too much decay.

They do need to add some more chips...

Why not have lightning bolt chips and hurricane chips and fireball chips...things like that. I don't like guns and use swords mostly...but mindforce is my preferred distance damage.

Back