• Yes

Votes: 35 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 147 80.8%

• Total voters

SODERD

Marauder
soderd soder soderstrom
Are loot better the first 0-24 hours after a new VU?

Yes the loot is always better for a short time after the VU for few reasons.

1. People want to loot nice NEW things so they gamble more.
2. Servers offline for many hours = addicted gamblers on their toes waiting impatiently to be able to gamble again = big spike in activity just after the VU ;)
3. Snowball effect: more gambling = more hofs on the list = more gambling = etc... etc...

So IMHO the loot is better both because of high markup of new items and because of better loot pool (tt value).

Well i am surprised so many of you voted "no".

Explain please.

I Voted NO and I think that the main ”theory” is that it takes time for the loot pool to re-build after a new VU.
But, you increase your chances of getting a new discovery the first 0-12h after a VU.

Explain please.

easy explanation....experience..
after 5 years ingame and frantically playing after each new vu my experience is that loot is low after vu..
even once had an hour after vu that i killed 40-50 feffs and all were nolooters...so..40-50 in a row nolooters

I Voted NO and I think that the main ”theory” is that it takes time for the loot pool to re-build after a new VU.

Re-build after what ?
Staying frozen for few hours ?

During the update noone takes and noone adds to the loot pool so it shouldnt have to rebuild itself... :scratch2:

Re-build after what ?
Staying frozen for few hours ?

During the update noone takes and noone adds to the loot pool so it shouldnt have to rebuild itself... :scratch2:

There is a big red "reset" button that gets pushed after each VU. Defaults everything back to 0. ;)

after V.U the only thing good about the loot is the chance of a discovery ... usually for me the loot after V.U is not quite good

Hi,

always had great loot immediately after servers went online again, and this is how I'm think it works:

There's a coefficient variable expressing: ([deposits] - ([withdrawals] + [current loots])) that, beneath other factors, is determining the available value of loots. A simplified expression, sure.
But since, after downtime from an reboot, [current loots] would be zero, the small amount of withdrawals wouldn't hurt, so quite some money would be available for loots.

This changes as soon as the first 5 to 6 -digit loot of OA-*0* or [any incredibly hard mob] occurs - from this on all is down to the usual, [current loots] are eating up our chance to hit nice average again.

Just an idea. Have fun!

Explain please.

fluske hit it on the head..
almost 6 years now ingame and I have yet to have good loot after a vu.. Usually can take up to a week for loot to average out.

i voted "no" because there isn't an "it always sucks" option :silly2:

i think loot is more personal than some would like to admit. i voted no.

No - loot simply sucks, I think the game is generally negatively biased against my avatar ;)

iv had when the servers are full and u can not get on Lol man that was retarded

So, as per usual everyone complains about the loot, now I remember why I don't visit the forum often and just have Fun in EU. It is because of your constant bickering regarding loot. If the loot is "really" so bad in general, why don't you start playing 2nd life..:mad:

So, as per usual everyone complains about the loot, now I remember why I don't visit the forum often and just have Fun in EU. It is because of your constant bickering regarding loot. If the loot is "really" so bad in general, why don't you start playing 2nd life..:mad:

because 2nd life sucks and entropia doesnt :scratch2:

And yes there are alot of whining on the forum but i think most of it are justified. people are losing huge sums doin the exact same thing as the neighbor who just had his 3rd ATH :laugh:

because 2nd life sucks and entropia doesnt :scratch2:

And yes there are alot of whining on the forum but i think most of it are justified. people are losing huge sums doin the exact same thing as the neighbor who just had his 3rd ATH :laugh:

That's pretty much how I see it too I'm afraid.

LOL... nope. "This creature carried no loot" is mostly what I see. w00t

:yay:

Personal experience is that loot always have to recover after a new VU up to a week or so before its back to normal again, probably adjusted to a satisfying lvl from MA:s point of view bye the mysterious balancingmanager.
Voted no ofc.
/Arwen

I had hunted 7 times sins the update, 1 was -0.7 ´peds. 1 +10 peds, and the rest a loos betvin 5 peds to 17 peds. The general spending is from 35 peds to 65 peds,. :rolleyes:
Before the vu 9.4. I was close to 0 ore a little under ore over
I wood say that the loot is less now, for what ever reason, ma has ? :scratch2:

Yes the loot is always better for a short time after the VU for few reasons.

1. People want to loot nice NEW things so they gamble more.
2. Servers offline for many hours = addicted gamblers on their toes waiting impatiently to be able to gamble again = big spike in activity just after the VU ;)
3. Snowball effect: more gambling = more hofs on the list = more gambling = etc... etc...

So IMHO the loot is better both because of high markup of new items and because of better loot pool (tt value).

In theory I agree with you, but all experience shows otherwise. Usualy it takes op to a week before loot gets back to "normaly bad"

On the other hand I've had some good experiences just before a new VU.

3 days of bad loot for me after latesest VU .. down 1k ped.. umm so i say no:)

As always loot hasnt changed at all, it is the same as it ever was, before & after VU, i believe the majority of people voting here, are complaining about loot in general not about the VU

Regards

Ace

I had good for 3 out of 4 hunts (actual profit after repairs :yay: not counting skill gain which is still higher than during the 2x or 3x event) at Atrax beach but sadly now its back to the normal 25% return for me.

Back