Newbie needing assistance

LadyTath

Hatchling
First of all, thanks for poking your head into this thread.

My main problem is that I have downloaded Entropia perfectly, everything is ready to go...except my drivers. Apparantly I need to download the newest driver from two different sites...And I'm rather lost. *Is not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to finding what is needed*.

I don't suppose someone could give me a kick in the right direction at all?

Thanks in advance...:)

Hi

First of all welcome to Eu, after looking at your post I think the best course of action would be to download the specified drivers.:wise:

-Noddeth-

Aye, I know that. The thing is when I click on 'newest downloads' on the site, I am faced with a list of the different types of drivers. I basically need guidance as to exactly which one is needed.

*Yes, I feel like a n0ob* :rolleyes:

The best choice would be the one that is suitable for your computer. It is also best to find out which driver you need and look it up.

If your using windows xp , right click my computer > click properties > select tab blad hardware > then click device manager and then check by display adapters

That should tell u wich u need .

well, no idea what drivers, but maybe try to update the graphics card ones and the direct x, the graphics card depeding on what card you use, e.g. nvidia.com or so

still, even if i cant really help in that problem, maybe i give you something to read while you wait for a real solution
you can find a guide in my signature :D (gotta love advertising, don't you? )

hope the solution comes soon

Alice :)

You get payed for adds on your site or something ? :p

The thing I have is apparantly an 'Intel(r)'...thing...>.< Gah. This is absolutely typical of me. I download a game I really fancy playing, without first knowing exactly what I need to run the blasted thing.

I'll just have to go and have a look and try to figure it out. -Le sigh-

I'm not the most patient person on the planet...can you tell?

Does it say any nr behind it ? try looking with the intel part with the numbers

Cq "intel 1234 drivers" in google

Do u know wich motherboard u have ? coz im guesing its on board video .
If so go to the manufacturers website and look for drivers there.

Or if u bought a "premade " pc ( cq dell , compaq , hewlet packard) go to there website and try looking for drivers there.

What's your graphic card?

Look at your card name and download the appropriate driver for it from the website of the manufacturer.
(I am using on-board card on an ESI mother board, after installing the driver from the disk of the main board, I found the name of my graphic driver was from Intel, I checked Intel site for its driver and downloaded the latest driver, it worked!). Hope you could have the same result!
You can have a look here to see how well your computer go with EU:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/6130.html

also try to run the game cuz some times, the requirements in the launcher are a bit off, i had a problem some time ago with the ram one didnt checking my real ram but the one i had before i upgraded

Sounds like she may have an Intel Shared Ram video adapter. Will impact perfomance pretty heavily unless you have a suitable amount of ram.

Are you playing on a laptop or a desktop? My laptop has 2 gigs of ram and an intel video adapter and it runs ok.. not the greatest... but ok.

If the driver thing fails try this : http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/index.htm

Disclaimer : I have yet to use 3danalyze to tweak my vid card settings, therefore I do not know what you would have to select to get it to work properly.

Best of luck!

What you need to know is the exact drivers you need, graphics card etc. ?

Assuming you're a little lost looking in Windows itself..try this:-

First step is to get the PC manual and look there, if not in posession of that or any other method of checking hardware, try a trip to http://www.pcpitstop.com and run the full tests on your PC ...that will cost nothing and end up with a complete list of everything in your Pc that you need to know, and a health check too. Free but requires registration.

Once you know the make and model of the graphics card and hardware you can go to the manufacturers site and get it, save it, then update it in windows.

If you can't get the drivers from your manufacturers site or they are out of date, try http://www.driversguide.com (it requires a login but forget that and use this USERNAME : drivers PASS : all ) they should have them for you.

Hope this helps, if you get stuck, don't hesitate to ask for help :)

Tim

Back