Newbie requires some advice

goodgrief999

Old Alpha
Society
All Great Of EU
Boo Boo Riddler
Ok I've been playing for a month (I've deposited about 2700 ped lol). I play MMOs a lot and expect to pay to play.
Anyway, as a newb in EU I am seekin some advice please.
1) People keep trying to get me to join their socs. (probably 'cos I wear ghost armour) - I am looking for a good soc. and am more interested in mining, but have an open mind. I don't really understand the soc system, but I have had very little contact with other players and am looking for a big, friendly soc to join. Any suggetions?
2) There seem to be very few options to upgrade my isis cb5(L) BLP rifle and it's useless, my skills are level 1 blp and rifle. Any suggestions? (I have to use a really expensive battleaxe when I land on top of large mobs)
3) I have level 4 in mining - so I am using amps, are the light ones a good investment versus the full ones or not, i.e. is it just a bigger gamble to buy the 101(l)s?
4) what the hell is up with the auction price on ghost footguards - the rest of my ghost armour was tt + 11 to 20 ped, footguards are like tt +300 ped!
5) Is it really true that there are only about 1000 ME users? EU seems like a bigger MMO than that and I wouldn't enjoy the way I've played without my tp chip.
6) would using a good helmet instead of my ghost faceguard be worth the investment, for a little hunting?
(BTW what are EFDs for please?)
Any general advice for newbs? i.e. common mistakes.
:) Thanks in advance for any help:D

can't answer all your questions but I'll give it a try:

1) people are trying to get you in their soc, because you are not in any and wearing Ghost and because of that think you are more experienced than you are. A soc is just a group of people that came together for some reason. Those reason can be anything from being friends IRL, all having an interest in mining or hunting, all being noobs or any other reason. The good thing about a soc is that you can leave it at any time if you don't like it or it isn't up to your expectations, so just try one and find out if it is a soc for you.

2) Somewhere on this forum there is a list of the next SiB weapon you should use after the CB5, just do a search for SiB.

3) no idea :)

4) The Ghost foot guards are just rare items and therefor expansive, I know a few months ago they went for TT+600

5) I think there are more ME users than 1000, but I don't base that on any facts, just a feeling. But of course some people will use more than others. I myself use my TP chip pretty often.

6) I don't think there is a difference in face guard and helmet other then the stats on it. If you use a face guard and a helmet with the same stats they give the same protection (not a 100% sure of this one tho)

EFD are the forum money. They allow you to buy advertisement space and avatar icons (like the champagne bottle under my avatar). Go to the EFD store link on the top of the screen. You can donate EFD to other forum members if you think they have written something useful or funny or whatever.

P.s.
Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

1) People keep trying to get me to join their socs. (probably 'cos I wear ghost armour) - I am looking for a good soc. and am more interested in mining, but have an open mind. I don't really understand the soc system, but I have had very little contact with other players and am looking for a big, friendly soc to join. Any suggetions?
Different societies have different purposes. Joining a society can indeed be a great way to meet new people and make new friends, learn new things about EU, and can help you find your own direction within the universe. You can find out more information about societies by reading the soc chat section of the forum here, or by reading the information that each society makes available at the soc terminal in EU. Not everyone joins a society though, some people prefer to stay solo.

2) There seem to be very few options to upgrade my isis cb5(L) BLP rifle and it's useless, my skills are level 1 blp and rifle. Any suggestions? (I have to use a really expensive battleaxe when I land on top of large mobs)
Check this link: SIB chart

3) I have level 4 in mining - so I am using amps, are the light ones a good investment versus the full ones or not, i.e. is it just a bigger gamble to buy the 101(l)s?
The difference between the light amps and the regular amps is simply the TT value. If you want your amp to last longer, buy the one with the higher TT. (This does not apply to the difference between say a 101 amp and a 102 amp, but between a 101 light and a 101.)

4) what the hell is up with the auction price on ghost footguards - the rest of my ghost armour was tt + 11 to 20 ped, footguards are like tt +300 ped!
Ghost footguards are somewhat rare. A couple of alternatives that you can use: nemeis, boar, bear, jaguar, martial (even if only the (L) versions of these

5) Is it really true that there are only about 1000 ME users? EU seems like a bigger MMO than that and I wouldn't enjoy the way I've played without my tp chip.
No, where did you get that number? Almost everyone uses a TP chip. Perhaps someone told you there were only about 1000 serious ME users? In that case, they would be referring to the people who use ME for the mindforce weapon chips/focus chips/healing chips, and use them regularly. :)

6) would using a good helmet instead of my ghost faceguard be worth the investment, for a little hunting?
What armor you want to use depends on what mobs you like to hunt. A helmet does not necessarily protect more than a faceguard. Check the statistics on the armor to find out what types and how much protection it offers. (You can check the statistics by right-clicking on the armor, selecting item info, then clicking on the magnifying glass in the popup window.)

(BTW what are EFDs for please?)
You can use EFD to purchase forum items, such as advertising space, icons, etc... there is even a daily raffle on the forum if you like that sort of thing.

Any general advice for newbs? i.e. common mistakes.
Don't rush into anything. Take the time to learn everything, take your time skilling. Learn the market, try all the professions a little bit to see what you really enjoy, but don't jump head first into everything or sink massive peds into everything or you may burn yourself out really fast and walk away disappointed. Take the time to learn where the opportunities are, there are many. Have fun.

EU is an incredible and unique place, with an amazingly diverse playerbase. Welcome aboard! :)

You are in to mining eh? You might check out NBK Miners... https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-nbk-miners-nbk-elite-miners.html#post1943157

One tiny advantage NBK Miners might have over other mining societies is that we have a number of crafters in other NBK societies, or in the mining group itself, that can make mining amps pretty cheaply for you... which is helpful going forward as you advance in to the more pricey amps down the road.

As far as price of footguards go.. it's because they were introduced just a few vus ago... a lot less time has happened since they came in to play than the rest of the suit, so the MU is still high due to the "new and cool" factor... that will go down over time I think.

sounds like you have some peds to burn and using ghost at your level will certainly do that.. it's not needed but good for getting out of trouble, but it's quite important to hunt at ones level.. ghost is overkill and not necassary inmho, a new comer will typically hunt young mobs.. daikiba, snablesnot, sabakuma... for example.. no-one needs needs ghost for them :)

Aim too high too soon and you could find yourself broke and pissed off real quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can amplify your CB5 with T-Rap(L) amp and level 1 is not enough to even think about upgrading.

You max CB5 at about 5 pro level IIRC.

And as Hellraizer said Ghost is much too good for hunting newbie mobs.

Use Pixie or go hunting naked.

Welcome to Entropias Universe , my first thought was to say you should slow down on spending ped right off the bat and read some of this forum so you get an idea of the direction you want to take it can get very costly doing everything at once and then you will find you get pissed off because of the ped your spending and the lack of results your getting. If money is no issue you can stop reading this post now and go have fun :) If your going to play long time get rid of the ghost stay away from L and invest in decent economy weapons and armor/fap.
And i would suggest joining a society but NEVER lend members anything !!! Unless you would trust them with your wife or kids;)

Back