News: EBN: CDF looking for files

ow i misread it, you must turn in a full set of 1-14 to get a L whip. yeah..... like there are very many fulls sets. i think theres a ton of log1s but each log there afters dropped less and less. so i think unless someone desperately needs or wants jag ul feet for an armor set i don't think they will do this.

I bet alot of people probably tted there logs as well.
and most people probably only have 1 or 2 logs so its going to be funny if people show up wanting to trade 1 or 2 logs and they offer nothing unless its a full set.

better idea, offer a ul jap armor piece per log or a L whip per log, then offer a ul whip or ul jag for 7 piece log set, for 14 piece both, for 19 give them both plus something really special like maybe protector of the empire!

without pay i take it?

Hmm, will be interesting to see what the mentioned but unnamed special prize will be. One of the last 5 logs will probably be as rare as a red banana...

Hmm, will be interesting to see what the mentioned but unnamed special prize will be. One of the last 5 logs will probably be as rare as a red banana...

I think they mean that the special prize is Jag Feet + Whip, not Jag Feet + Whip + special prize.

I think they mean that the special prize is Jag Feet + Whip, not Jag Feet + Whip + special prize.

I'm thinking the same, but the text is kinda confusing ...

yes the text is confuseing, but i don't think many people have a full first series set, most logs i think were tted because most people thought there wasn't going to be a prize trade in like the robot event because they usually announce that right when of shortly after the event begins.
I don't think there will be much of a hand in unless all those tted logs start dropping.
they really should offer a prize for single logs as well.

A rare opportunity for me to leap to MAs defence over an event :eek: :laugh:

There is a prize for individual logs...that is whatever you can sell it for before this ends.

Protector of the Empire set in exchange for a few notes looted from fairly low level and very popular mobs? Too easy, and we don't know how many sets are out there but there must be a fair few compared with the bot parts?

If you loot a log from an Argo in the next few days and can't possibly complete any of the sets, are you really going to cry that it's not fluff and oils...or will you see a silent global and rush off laughing to sell it ? A log is a bonus for a while, worth something finally.

The whole story is active again, that's cool too..and what we all moaned about aand requested for ages ...we got it. We have a helmet to look for too by the look of it, and maybe more interesting happenings to come in future?

It has also to be said that no-one can say this is uber only (As often happens), another bonus which pleases me not a little bit.

We got what we wanted even if it's not a jackpot, it's a sign that someone is listening and the promises made about storyline are being kept.

+rep when deserved ..not much to complain about here (unless you TTd a set because of the time delay).

t

A rare opportunity for me to leap to MAs defence over an event :eek: :laugh:

Protector of the Empire set in exchange for a few notes looted from fairly low level and very popular mobs? Too easy, and we don't know how many sets are out there but there must be a fair few compared with the bot parts?

Haha, are you kidding me. Were noobs that looted red bananas from drones and medium sized bots at Medusa and Troy.Was just 1 item to rule them all, rest of parts were tt food. I was there busting my ass in a team, trying to loot one.

There are people that payed lots of K of ped for these logs. I know few cases who payed up to 20k and still haven`t managed to complete the set.

ok then, selling my log no.5 for 5kped.:laugh:

Why all are thinking that special prize is Jaguar foot guards ??? Where is said so???
Special prize is Jaguar BOOTS, you know like Reilly boots :laugh: (boots is not armor) :D

what you think about that, is it worth to get boots for logs ???

By the way Jaguar foot guards (M) is for sale in auction now tt+6934 PED

:cool:

Can we please have an answer from MA on:

a) Wth Jaguar "boots" is, is it simply a typo (most likely since it says "Unlimited") or are we talking some sort of limited clothes here?

b) Are we talking "A special prize + Jaguar Boots(feet?) + The whip".
Or are we talking "The special prize is Jaguar boots(feet?) + the
whip".

Going by how its written id guess theres 3 prizes, but it could be both...

People are paying alot of money for these damn things, would be kinda nice if you maybe let someone native to english check text before you put it in the ClientLoader so they know exactly what the deal is?
Not like its the first time theres been confusion about something like this :s

(For the record only logs i have i looted during this (final?) event, and i wont be going for a "full set" so it doesnt really concern me that much personally... Hearing people ingame, on IRC etc complain that theyre not sure what you mean, and not knowing if they should go for this or not seems kinda daft though...)

It does seem to be a special item at play too...

But, considering the other items it's probably something like a plaque.

:scratch2: one more thing I thought: if the prize is "Jaguar boots foot guards" (not "Jaguar foot guards" and not "Jaguar boots") do you know where I'm going.:confused:
Maybe its a new armor part which could change foot guards and shin guards. Less armor parts = less decay on armor :yay:

what are you all thinking about it ?

and anyone know price for log nr 2 ? :rolleyes: if anyone need pm me! :)

I think MA/FPC uses auto translation software when they do these "News Reports". I have seen ALOT of bad grammar and I can only assume that there are some very well educated individuals working for MA/FPC thus leading me to the assumption translation software is used. So when they typed in Jaguar Footguards, the auto translator translated it as Jaguar Boots. ;)

There are people that payed lots of K of ped for these logs. I know few cases who payed up to 20k and still haven`t managed to complete the set.

I admit I was one of the idiots that paid a fortune for the original lots...
paid 6k for 1 log (no 5 i think it was)

couldnt tell you how much ive paid in total for the logs/notes etc I do have...
although I know its alot...

Dont forget that the whip is limited and we dont know about the TT value...
It would be nice if it is 1000 peds and over TT for instance but it would be 80 peds TT too :laugh:

Updated text from the client loader:

In addition, those that turn in a complete set of all Duchev files, both old and new ones (i.e. files #1 to #19), will get a special prize - a set of Jaguar foot guards (Unlimited) as well as an Ach-O Torment’s Tainted Whip (Limited).

Indicating that the special prize is a set of 'boots' (footguards) and a whip

Last edited:
Indicating that the special prize is a set of 'boots' (footguards) and a whip

And there is comma between special prize and set of boots :) So i think it means, Prize+Boots+Whip.

And there is comma between special prize and set of boots :) So i think it means, Prize+Boots+Whip.

Actually, there isn't in the client-loader, but my CTRL+C didn't CTRL+C at first

Actually, there isn't in the client-loader, but my CTRL+C didn't CTRL+C at first

they probably updated it. I remeber it definately had a comma at first and at sometime yesterday when i looked it was a hyphen

its still very vague...

can still be read either way...

*sigh* not sure whether to bite the bullet and spend another 5k or so on the collection (seeing as ive spent at least 30-40 by now) or just leave it

although a whip, and pair or jag footguards seems like a crummy prize for an event thats been going for over a year (perhaps MA just want to close it!)

whats so special about jag footguards anyway?
/shrug

its still very vague...

*sigh* not sure whether to bite the bullet and spend another 5k or so on the collection (seeing as ive spent at least 30-40 by now) or just leave it

although a whip, and pair or jag footguards seems like a crummy prize for an event thats been going for over a year (perhaps MA just want to close it!)

/shrug

IMO it is now not vague at all. They obviously changed it so it is clear that the "special prize" is the addition of the jag fg.

its still very vague...

/shrug
How the hell did you spend that much????

I spend max 1.5k ped on my collection :confused:

wow :eek:

Why?

It's cheaper to buy jaguar footguards from auction :silly2:

Back