News item - FPC's Second VU - The Missions!

THANATOS

Dominant
Society
Irken Invaders
Simon Thanatos Smythe
man-on-a-mission.gif

Today, First Planet Company saw the release of their second Version Update which contains the much anticipated expansion of the mission system.

The missions were first launched two months ago as a preview and test of the system. It met with a very positive reaction from the community and FPC has been working hard since to build a number of new missions for avatars of all levels to participate in. Today’s VU came with the announcement that over 80 new missions have been added and interestingly FPC have added the twist that no single avatar will have access to all missions and various missions will unlock dependent on the choices you make as you progress. This could make for a very interesting process, as some people plough right in, while others wait for reports of what mistakes and pitfalls to avoid.

2_878589.jpg

On top of the existing two mission brokers (Port Atlantis and Swamp Camp), a further 11 can now be found at the following locations:

· Camp Phoenix, just north of the teleporter.
· Outpost near the swamp west of Port Athena.
· The Junkyard Bar in Fort Fury.
· Outpost north-east of Fort Ithaca.
· Outpost north of Fort Troy.
· Outpost south-east of Jason Center.
· At the gate to Camp Echidna.
· Outpost south of Fort Argus, near PvP border.
· Outpost south of the Oil Rig.
· Service container in Minopolis.
· Outpost west of Fort Zeus.

So far the reaction from the community has been mixed, with some criticising the fact most missions appear to be aimed at hunters, ignoring Crafters, miners and a number of other in game professions, while others are disappointed with the prizes on offer for completing the missions, which range from various fragment pieces to attribute bonuses.
One thing is for sure - this will keep most of us busy for some time to come and the majority of the community are overjoyed at being given a new purpose in game. Rumour has it, some DNA may just be appearing some time soon too.... Good luck everyone!

1_435484.jpg

An explaination of the above post....

I figured it's been a loooong time since we had any actual "News" on the front page, and after searching, I noticed that every time someone mentions this, they get shot down in flames and are told to write a news story themselves. So I did. :D

It's probably not very good, and I have no idea how to post in the news section, as it says I am not allowed when I tried.

I followed some advice (Thanks Pinky! ;)) i was given to copy picture sizes of previous articles so it would not distort the front page should it manage to find its way there. (Fingers crossed!)

Anyway, there we go. My first news story.... be nice, or I wont bother again! :laugh:

(No disrespect to Marie or Pinky btw who have both recently posted articles, I just mean my comments to be about it being unfortunate that there is a lack of actual news items rather than stories, or April fools jokes ;))

Hmm....

Interesting that no mission brokers are in Amethera... Wonder how long it'll be before FPC adds that to the LA upgrade offerings?

Interesting that no mission brokers are in Amethera... Wonder how long it'll be before FPC adds that to the LA upgrade offerings?

Good point - I bet an LA owner would pay through the nose to have a mission set up on their land that gave attribute bonuses! Kill 500 mobs for 1 point strength and they would earn a fortune!:laugh:

Good point - I bet an LA owner would pay through the nose to have a mission set up on their land that gave attribute bonuses! Kill 500 mobs for 1 point strength and they would earn a fortune!:laugh:

Even better would be if they could make their own missions that have actual good rewards for completing them! The LA owners would have more traffic in their LA's, meaning they make more money, which in turn, they could possibly give out good rewards for completing missions :)

Even better would be if they could make their own missions that have actual good rewards for completing them! The LA owners would have more traffic in their LA's, meaning they make more money, which in turn, they could possibly give out good rewards for completing missions :)

It will be interesting to see what Rocktropia comes up with too... Mr Neverdie is pretty creative, so expecting good things from him!

Missions could be fun distraction..Could be efficiant way to skill up and have a purpose..

However.. missions for attribs is BAD!!
Everyone forget what double and triple skill bonuses did to us already?

Easily gained attribs just means they will be getting devalued and less effective.

Look at agi as i is now.. a 2nd day nub can auto follw someone with over 60 agi AND KEEP UP! Guess what all this free strength will do to melee hunters, or worse yet to miners who need to carry higher weights..

Easy attribs is yet another sinker attached to the ass of the player base.

I think they already can do that - its called events.

Look at agi as i is now.. a 2nd day nub can auto follw someone with over 60 agi AND KEEP UP! Guess what all this free strength will do to melee hunters, or worse yet to miners who need to carry higher weights..

I have 40 Agi and I certainly cannot keep up with somebody with over 70. People with 2x my agi tend to run off the radar quite easily, in fact.

Lol no - was taking some noobs to neas before month or so. They are pretty slow. And Im low on agi, not even 55.

The gap between 10-50 is much easier to see then 50-70 or so and higher it goes less effect it has.

An explaination of the above post....

I figured it's been a loooong time since we had any actual "News" on the front page, and after searching, I noticed that every time someone mentions this, they get shot down in flames and are told to write a news story themselves. So I did. :D

It's probably not very good, and I have no idea how to post in the news section, as it says I am not allowed when I tried.

I followed some advice (Thanks Pinky! ;)) i was given to copy picture sizes of previous articles so it would not distort the front page should it manage to find its way there. (Fingers crossed!)

Anyway, there we go. My first news story.... be nice, or I wont bother again! :laugh:

(No disrespect to Marie or Pinky btw who have both recently posted articles, I just mean my comments to be about it being unfortunate that there is a lack of actual news items rather than stories, or April fools jokes ;))

Absolutely no offence taken Thanatos. I love that someone else has taken the initiative to write some news. Thank you for making the effort. I look forward to seeing some more work from you and if you need any help in the future feel free to drop me a pm.

Good initiative Thanatos, nice job :)

Service container in Minopolis.

I sicerely hope that they at the same time addet a turret to Minopolis. If not there will still be Araenatrox's blocking that service container...

Anyway, it sounds good, could bring back some life to Minopolis. Just a pitty that it lost all it old glory with VU10. Now just a bunch of cheds there.

Missions could be fun distraction..Could be efficiant way to skill up and have a purpose..

However.. missions for attribs is BAD!!
Everyone forget what double and triple skill bonuses did to us already?

Easily gained attribs just means they will be getting devalued and less effective.

Can you currently sell attribs? No. Were you ever able to sell attribs? No. Will you be able to sell them in the future? Don't know.

Can a 2 day old noob keep up with me? sure can't. :scratch2:

other than minimal game advantages and health increases, attributes were mostly about accomplishment/bragging rights anyway.

although the concept of what constitutes "good" atributes might change slightly, that number was always fuzzy anyway because of all the skill nerfs that happened over the years.

Old school players who are still active will be able to maintain their place at the top by doing the missions...

Old school players who don't play anymore might lose a tiny bit of their competitive advantage, which I don't see as a horrible thing...

Good iniative + rep!!!

And I think some points in stuff will not change much if everyone's doing it...and benefits all of us ;)

Nice job Thanatos! Yes more articles are always a good thing. Recently it seems like a few have sat on that front page quite a while. While they were good fresh content is always welcome!

I see many have failed reading comprehention..such is life..

Agi--running-- keeping up-- AUTOFOLLOW.

As for the attrib nerf... Call me back when you all run outta breath running from a mob... or some where else.. or run outta energy when whacking a regen mob with melee weapons...

I was 100% right on the skills fucking us over... I will be 100% right when the full nerf of tiering hits.. and I will be 100% right when the attrib nerfs start showing their ugly faces.

But gl and many hof's to all !

Super

Thanx for the great article. Scooped the front page no less Perhaps we are seeing another Clark Kent :) +rep to you

:yay:Well done Than!!! :yay:
Great to see your article on the front page and looking forward to more in the future!

As for the attrib nerf... Call me back when you all run outta breath running from a mob... or some where else.. or run outta energy when whacking a regen mob with melee weapons...

I was 100% right on the skills fucking us over... I will be 100% right when the full nerf of tiering hits.. and I will be 100% right when the attrib nerfs start showing their ugly faces.

I can only dream of what it would be like to be 100% right, 100% of the time... As I gaze into my crystal ball...:lolup:

Thanks for taking the initiative Thanatos!

News articles are much appreciated, and I hope you'll write many more :)

Back