NEWSFLASH: Posting auctions with crazy prices is ILLEGAL

Status
And the example with the children even more stupid. I can not imagine those irresponsible people. They do not have to live amongst us, they must be isolated from normal people. But if these people have decided to play in the EU, then let him suffer and would pay for all. Hmm, also, from where these people taken their money for playing?

You can't imagine because you are clueless about how human minds work.'

It was an example of another situation, where the brain malfunctions or takes a shortcut (parent not used to situation, brain puzzles day together through old experiences), but with consequences much larger than the ones that might happen from doing a mistake ingame.

You'd don't think that anyone would be that careless, and most likely no one is either except from a very few psychopaths, however it is not a unique event but has happened multiple times.

Last edited:
Please explain how scamming does not interfere with anyones enjoyment of the game, their enjoyment of the trade functions and how it is not misleading.

I wont go too deep into that discussion I will explain myself and leave it be after that.

I was never affected by auction scams, it didn't annoy me or affected my enjoyment in any way. Anyone is a strong phrase and it make you look like you trying to speak for everyone wich isn't the case.

Selling 1 cld for 15k in a list where you sell 10 cld's for 15k is not misleading. Whoever dare to fail double and triple checking the god dam price for each god dam stack with 1500 usd on the stake doesn't deserve better. Its not the sellers fault its the buyers. Its not misleading since the price is clearly visible.

Misleading would to have 2 avatars trade 5000 cld's between each other for 15k each to make the market graph look like that's the real value people willing to pay for a cld. Setting a cld up for 15k and someone unrelated to you buy it is not misleading its just a failure on the buyers side. That's all the difference.

I also believe its not your position to interpret the eula, that's mindarks responsibility and they are ok with that kind of behaviour. Are you saying you know better than mindark how the eula has to be read ? If so, why does mindark dosnt do anything about this "scams" ?

If I really want I can read whatever I like to read in a book. Some books cause so much drama in our world because people just read what they want to and use that as justification they are right. Leave the eula interpretations to mindark , that's what I believe. Its not wrong tough to speak against the bad conduct of scamming people by exploiting their sensory deficits but that's a new thing that need to be added into the eula. its not in there yet.

here I explained myself , I respect your point of viev but I cant agree with you and want to state you not speaking for me with using phrases like "anyone". The main point of my disconcert with your thread isn't the topic itself but the way you act like its the truth hammered in stone and not your personal opinion.

that's all I have to say

I wont go too deep into that discussion I will explain myself and leave it be after that.

I was never affected by auction scams, it didn't annoy me or affected my enjoyment in any way. Anyone is a strong phrase and it make you look like you trying to speak for everyone wich isn't the case.

Selling 1 cld for 15k in a list where you sell 10 cld's for 15k is not misleading. Whoever dare to fail double and triple checking the god dam price for each god dam stack with 1500 usd on the stake doesn't deserve better. Its not the sellers fault its the buyers. Its not misleading since the price is clearly visible.

Misleading would to have 2 avatars trade 5000 cld's between each other for 15k each to make the market graph look like that's the real value people willing to pay for a cld. Setting a cld up for 15k and someone unrelated to you buy it is not misleading its just a failure on the buyers side. That's all the difference.

I also believe its not your position to interpret the eula, that's mindarks responsibility and they are ok with that kind of behaviour. Are you saying you know better than mindark how the eula has to be read ? If so, why does mindark dosnt do anything about this "scams" ?

If I really want I can read whatever I like to read in a book. Some books cause so much drama in our world because people just read what they want to and use that as justification they are right. Leave the eula interpretations to mindark , that's what I believe. Its not wrong tough to speak against the bad conduct of scamming people by exploiting their sensory deficits but that's a new thing that need to be added into the eula. its not in there yet.

here I explained myself , I respect your point of viev but I cant agree with you and want to state you not speaking for me with using phrases like "anyone". The main point of my disconcert with your thread isn't the topic itself but the way you act like its the truth hammered in stone and not your personal opinion.

that's all I have to say

As you do not intend to carry on I'll just point out a few things;

- Anyone refers to the people effected by the scams

- OP might be a bit poorly constructed, I agree with that. It is solely my interpretation of the ToU.

Edit: I do however not agree with the lazyness of MA working as a guideline. Just because no one has been banned for this to our knowledge, doesn't justify it. There are plenty of cheaters and scammers out there that are still out there despite clear evidence solely because MA don't care enough.

Okay, update;

Support replied: Scamming is 100% legit as it falls under the "All trades are final"-policy.

So fuck me.

I am wrong. Let us all start scamming.

This game is stupid.

Edit: They are however, looking into it. Whatever that means. Suggested to make the screen start flashing and the speakers buzzing whenever someone is about to make a bid that falls outside three standard deviations of market history.

Edit2: The policy would include any scam in game pretty much.

Edit3: It is beyond me how MA can actually support the activity; Which they do by not acting against it. I just don't get it.

Last edited:
Okay, update;

Support replied: Scamming is 100% legit as it falls under the "All trades are final"-policy.

So fuck me.

I am wrong. Let us all start scamming.

This game is stupid.

This is not the only instance where MA will actively protect scammers.

Since auctions are optional, it's not a big deal. If someone is purposely setting high prices and using an alt to buy them, that is a different story. But someone trying to do that probably has a lot of PEDs to begin with and I doubt would risk the ban hammer.

/mod note/ closed at request of OP.

Status
Back