Next Island and other new planets....

Zingking

Guardian
Next Island uses the idea of time travel...which is great and all, but imagine the possibilities. If programmers and animators were willing, next island could be used as not only a tool for entertainment, but also for education, where you could travel time, and witness historical event, great for those who might not be able to wrap their heads around a text book.
And Rocktopia, a way to publicly promote your music, where making music video and such could be amazing (kinda like what WoW did with lvl70 tauren or what ever they are call)
With the great expansion I can see the reason why Mindark is trying to weave its path away from having EU be considered a game, but more as a universe.

What other possibilities do you think EU could achieve?

Next Island uses the idea of time travel...which is great and all, but imagine the possibilities. If programmers and animators were willing, next island could be used as not only a tool for entertainment, but also for education, where you could travel time, and witness historical event, great for those who might not be able to wrap their heads around a text book.
And Rocktopia, a way to publicly promote your music, where making music video and such could be amazing (kinda like what WoW did with lvl70 tauren or what ever they are call)
With the great expansion I can see the reason why Mindark is trying to weave its path away from having EU be considered a game, but more as a universe.

What other possibilities do you think EU could achieve?
Then i would wish to travel back to the first golden age

why make another thread about this ? :|

:wise: God Forbid we make another more positive thread :wise:

In keeping wiht the spirit of positive thinking of this thread
maybe you and your friends could have your own planet

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:thumbup: I hope one of the possibilities is that planets and different times all produce different things and minerals so the posibility of interplanetary and intertime trade becomes possible.... things like mamoth hides and tusks than can onlybe used to manufacture things on that planet... that can exported to other planets... for example and I hope that weapons and tools from advanced ages cannot be used in earlier time periods... and you can only use methods and materials from that time period...

:thumbup:I imagine that at some point... once time travel is established we will have historicaly themed planets both for education and historical role play and political strategy scenerios...

:thumbup:I also imagine that we will evetually have a virtual planetary system based scientifically and accuracy on our solar system similar to what they proposed to NASA instead MA could use their NASA and approach the Eurpoean Space Agency and be elegible for European Union... It would be great way to inspire and educate both young people and adults about the real universe...

:cool: very very :cool:

There is an endless possiblity for broader applications beyong simple gaming... and in the end that is one of the areas that they will are already committed to working on... it's all very exciting... and what makes their vision so much more than what's currentaly availble...

Way To Go MA

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
Brooklyn u just gave me a cool thought (+rep)

Imagine if Nasa teamed up with Mindark and made a perfect replica of out solar system, so that we (non-astronots) could have a first hand look at what mars is truly like, I would actually love that, and then we could after some months begin to inhabit it as Nasa looks at idea for future astronomical endeavors

Imagine if Nasa teamed up with Mindark and made a perfect replica of out solar system, so that we (non-astronots) could have a first hand look at what mars is truly like, I would actually love that, and then we could after some months begin to inhabit it as Nasa looks at idea for future astronomical endeavors

There was a proposal made to NASA... see if I can find the reference... I think it's in the 2008 annual report...

< removed politics>

But I'm with you it should be on the models of current space exploration including Russia Europes India China and NASA's it would be nice to see the different visions... maybe sign up for a country space explaoration vision with citizens and scienctist in different countries competing and tansalting those into a real world view and way forward into space...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hopefully some developer who owns a really really good telescope (or satellite) can get started on it :D

Following up..

"The diversity of the Entropia Platform was highlighted when we made a presentation of its capabilities as a contemporary educational platform to NASA. Of the 100 presentations that were received by NASA and its advisors, our presentation emerged as the top European entry.

The diversity of the Entropia Platform was highlighted when we made a presentation of its capabilities as a contemporary educational platform to NASA. Of the 100 presentations that were received by NASA and its advisors, our presentation emerged as the top European entry.

The use of the Entropia Platform within the medical profession was also touched upon during 2008 through our involvement in the initial stages of a new home orientated stroke rehabilitation project."

Way To Go MA

Brooklyn nice job on finding it, I can actually see EU also being used as a teaching tool is so many aspects, but for one (which im surprised not many ppl do use it for) is using it for the study of economy and such, that would be the best way to learn about economy and business, lol :D

teamed up with Mindark and made a perfect replica of out solar system, so that we (non-astronots) could have a first hand look at what mars is truly like, I would actually love that, and then we could after some months begin to inhabit it as Nasa looks at idea for future astronomical endeavors

Wouldn't need NASA or any space agency to acomplish that. A private party with the determination or a college or scientific organisation could do it.

Indeed it would be kind of neat, but don't know the profit potential of it.

The profit sharing model of 50/50 for MA and planet partner would be hard pressed just for a site seeing space tour of sorts.

There needs to be a regular source of decay/fees to garner the income they want and need.

That is what makes the whole planet system neat, but difficult. How do you add variety of a multi-verse, but can be profitable without repeating the same genre already established.

Last edited:
Well there could definetly be mining on these planets, and even have like a research aspect to it, where you can find DNA on the planets, which then could be used for one's LA, also if one were to find some water, much like what has been found on the moons of (fill in planet here, because I forgot) you could potentially but that LA and have life by building a dome, there are so many possibilities, and schools could pay a fee to rent the planets for educational reason (since the government pays for school, lol). Wow my brain is actually flowing with too many ideas now, lol

yes it does sounds interesting, facing the facts now.
NASA has rejected MA, what was the reason for that to do so since MA tells to be the best and most exciting, with tremendous capabilities and such.

NASA is awesome IP to do business with, MA couldnt close the deal. Really unfortunate I think, does anyone know the real reason for that?

NASA is awesome IP to do business with, MA couldnt close the deal. Really unfortunate I think, does anyone know the real reason for that?

I can't say if that's the real reason, but some companies choose their partners by their financial background and their manpower. Obviously MA is a small company. I'm thinking that by voting MA into the final round the NASA showed their appreciation which obviously isn't worth anything in the end.

And the Europe vs. USA thing wasn't really a help IMO. I'm not saying that it was a show-stopper, but you never know what's in the minds of the decision makers...

And then there are the bosses who know somebody who knows somebody else ... And then there are the bosses who are highly attracted to the dollar sign, like "Is there anything thing else we can do to make you more comfortable with signing with us?".

In the end there are many reasons why or why not decisions are made. The official ones might not be the real ones ;).

Wouldn't need NASA or any space agency to acomplish that. A private party with the determination or a college or scientific organisation could do it.

Indeed it would be kind of neat, but don't know the profit potential of it.

The profit sharing model of 50/50 for MA and planet partner would be hard pressed just for a site seeing space tour of sorts.

There needs to be a regular source of decay/fees to garner the income they want and need.

That is what makes the whole planet system neat, but difficult. How do you add variety of a multi-verse, but can be profitable without repeating the same genre already established.

Not so difficult as MA can also arrange for educational only licensing fro example... accessable to the public... but non-accessable or limited access for the... avatars of profit sharing planets... or the model could be the same but the RCE taken out... I'm sure there's plans for private corporate training where you could pay huge fee for a limited time to use a special planet developed a planet partner to focus on such activities such as employee development.... or product testing and design... corporate meetings of thousands of employees strectched across the planet with on planet lectures and team activities... etc etc etc... The bank will add a whole other demension to all of this...

You really just need to start using some imagination and get of the gameboy mode... when seeing alternatives beyond FPC... at the moment

All things that are posible in virtualreality can make use of the platform... as It much cheaper to use an existing platform... with a much lower up front investment cash and personel than working from scratch and building the structure from the ground up.... it's what creative developers want... and that is the genius of the plan... even if they grow to the point of leaving... MA would have benefit of thier using the the platform for development of their games....

MA is on the ground floor and first out of the box with all of the big advantages that it gives... with an established platfrom and continoius devlopment it becomes much harder fro another company to prove that their "platform" not their games... offers significant advantages...

This one samrt company... they didn't get distracted by the games in which anyone could compete... but focused their efforts on building a supportive platform where it ver tough to compete...

Way To Go MA

Do not discuss real world politics on this forum, as it only results in alienating other forum members. (or in lack of better words: pissing people off.)

yup i see a lot of nice possibilities in the MA future, i m really excited and really i cannot wait to touch with hands all this.
I just hope that Marco from FPC will have nothing to do with this or he will transform all those new possibilities in shit like usual.

Back