Nissa's n00b journal

well you could go for matter only ..still i guess you need a bankroll of 500 PED doing that comfortably

thats also the downside of being eg on ark.. stuff pretty much mainly sells on the weeends there

but still i like mining on ark a lot more then on caly

You're right, the biggest thing about cycling enough PED to get a good average return, and hopefully small profit on MU, is having the PED to cycle. If you don't want to deposit more (I don't blame you at all since you already put in $25 not long ago) then there are a few things you can do to get more PED.

1. Get Lucky, lol - You might be the next 330k ATH ;)
  2. Become a trader - Boring, but good money if you stick at it.
  3. Sweat or Swunt - Team swunting is kinda fun. Bit of PED and some socializing.
  4. Use a third party system to earn money

By third party system I mean the Sometrics offers that MA has available or sites like Entropia Partners, you won't earn PED fast but you will get some and every bit helps. Lots of those do task/ fill out survey sites also have prizes like game cards that you could use to buy PED.

Bottom line, aside from depositing there is no fast way to make PED in the beginning. It takes money to make money and the way loot returns are you need to drop a LOT of probes to make it in mining unless you get lucky.

I wish you the best of luck though and if you want some tips on any of the above feel free to get ahold of me here or in game - I've done all of those things myself (except the getting lucky part, lol) and they work, just depends on how much effort you want to put into building up a better bankroll for mining.

1. Get Lucky, lol - You might be the next 330k ATH ;)
  2. Become a trader - Boring, but good money if you stick at it.
  3. Sweat or Swunt - Team swunting is kinda fun. Bit of PED and some socializing.
  4. Use a third party system to earn money
And after 10+ years that's why WoW has 10million active users and EU has maybe 10,000. I have plenty of money in RL. I am somewhat interested in dropping another $50 just to experiment but heavily debating it. That is 3 months subscription fees on WoW or EvE but maybe 2 weeks of play here if you force yourself to play eco.

My stuff has yet to sell in Arkadia so just doing the basic missions there now. Arkadia is defiantly a more navigable planet and looks nice. If I have to TT my ore then not sure I can sustain it there though.

And after 10+ years that's why WoW has 10million active users and EU has maybe 10,000. I have plenty of money in RL. I am somewhat interested in dropping another $50 just to experiment but heavily debating it. That is 3 months subscription fees on WoW or EvE but maybe 2 weeks of play here if you force yourself to play eco.

My stuff has yet to sell in Arkadia so just doing the basic missions there now. Arkadia is defiantly a more navigable planet and looks nice. If I have to TT my ore then not sure I can sustain it there though.

This does not bear true.

At some point there is a sense of break even with a game, be it this game or the game of life.

Arcadia is fun yes, and underrated but this still does not ring true.

This does not bear true.

At some point there is a sense of break even with a game, be it this game or the game of life.

Arcadia is fun yes, and underrated but this still does not ring true.

I agree Peezle :)

With a big enough PED card to ride out the highs and lows of the loot you can profit here. I've seen people mention needing to do about 2,000 drops in mining to see a good average on returns and I'd tend to agree, somewhere between 1k and 2k drops. Of course that translates to $100-$200 worth of probes alone, not including any repair costs for finder and excavator, fuel / repair costs if you use a vehicle to get around, and if you use amps then each drop costs more of course.

If you can do this and you can find an area to mine where the average MU of your finds is ~112% then you can profit mining quite easily. Of course depositing $200 and finding the right area to mine might not be considered 'easy' lol. Just something to consider as you think about depositing that $50.

I ended up having a lot of technical issues in 2013.. constantly losing connection to EU server and stopped playing. GW2 had a content update at the sametime so I played through that and pretty much forgot about EU.... Well fastforward a couple years and I found my user name and password and decided to try this out again.. Bought the gold starter pack and now collecting the TP points and exploring. Will start mining again soon.

Played for a few hours after work last night. Collected a few more tp points and ran a couple missions. I did a small mining run and did ok. Probably concentrate on mining and start a log for that. I have a theory on mining I want to try out.

How would you react to being given 1000 peds ?

Are you principled or just full of shit.

I assume the answer to your second question is based off the answer to your first question. Anyway I am financially sound in RL so I wouldn't take 1000ped. However if they insisted it would go to mining probes for my planned mining project.

I will let you decide for yourself what the answer to your second question is.

Today I am waiting for my auctions to close and then will do another run for the mining project in the mining forum. However the auctions will not close for several more hours so as I wait for that I am popping vodka shots and burning the ammo that came with the Gold pack and using the skill pills. Once ammo is burned will probably do some more TP runs... Depending how drunk I get anyway. :dunce:

Back