No-loot ambus?

Coz1969

Stalker
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Warden Coz Coz
Okay, admittedly, I don't often hunt ambus, but I have hunted my fair share of them, and not once have I ever gotten a no-loot from one. Tonight at about 18:20 MA, I was hunting at Neas, as I had been for a few hours, and suddenly got a no-loot ambu. :scratch2: I thought, hmmm, this isn't right. Killed another, and got that ugly yellow message again. Needless to say, sometimes it takes me a few minutes to comprehend things that surely cannot be happening.

FIVE, yes, five no-looting ambu in a row. :bs:

So, to those who regularly hunt ambu... ever gotten a no-looter? And anyone hunting at Neas during that time frame, did you experience the same?

It sort of reminds me of the issue that happened near Caravan during the steelbird mission, where we were all getting a message the there was an internal error, the kill didnt' count. Eventually, MA reset the server, and our ammo/decay etc, were rolled back. Wonder if this is the case here?

nah no looting ambus are normal.

I guess the question is, what do you consider "normal"? As I said, I have been hunting ambus for a while now, over 500 ped ammo, without a single no-looter. I headed out to start another run, and the third ambu in started the run of no-looters.

Also, just figured out that I am getting an internal error, when I try to do things like merge ammo stacks, sell to TT, etc.

Dude.. no loot ambus is completely common. I can't believe you went long enough without one to make it seem odd.

Pretty common with no loots on all mobs i hunt , specially big argos and ambus , yes plenty of no loots , :mad:
And do i need to tell about nerfs when mining ,lol i rather play withmyself instead :dunce:

Interesting opinions given so far.

When I made a similar thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?183570-no-loot-gone

about me never getting a no loot message from ambulimax, I don't think anyone said they gave a no loot message. In fact everyone said ambulimax don't give no loot messages...

Conclusion seems to me people don't know what they are talking about :laugh: :eyecrazy:

i get atroxes, kingfisher, proteron and leviathan no-loots. Ambu are no different.

hunt another 10000 ambus, and tell us what the no-loot % is, and then you can legitimately complain if no loot % < 5%

I hunt some ambu still... and I dont usually get no looters from ambu.. I cant even remember when the last time was actually.. but I remember getting some and it was after the "high regen VU"

5 is imo alot.. and 5 in a row is in theory possible but in practice its extremley rare.. if they didnt change ambus like yesterday that is..

ambus is nothing like atrox youngs... I get alot of no looters from small troxes
highest feffoid I have gotten a no loot from is warlord I think.. it might have been a hunter..

Wow, I didn't know Prots could do that! :eyecrazy:

I have never gotten a no looter from prot either..

levis providers is no looters kinda often.. and guards has started to drop novas.. didnt get novas from guards before..

Yep, I have. Also atrox, feff, and molisk.

Having the higher regen reduces the no-loot rate, but doesn't eliminate it.

Were you using a bigger/higher dps weapon than you would normally use?

I don't think I've ever got a no-loot on post-regen ambus but others have told me they have for years, I think it may be to do with kill speed, though I've never hunted ambus extensively.

Well, just logged in and decided to check things out. Prior to logging, I checked my total loot count, ammo usage, decay, etc. As I said, it seemed a bit odd, and it felt buggy like when the same happened for steelbirds.

Sure enough, got ammo and decay back, as if I had not gone out and killed those no-looters... in short, it was buggy last night, at least for my avatar. Not sure if others experienced the same, which is why I had posted the thread.

Therefore, as far as I am concerned, I still haven't gotten an ambu no-looter :silly2:

And for those who said, yes, ambu no-looters are common. I'm sure you would think something was buggy too, if you got 5 no-looters in a row from a mob like ambu, levi, prot, etc.

No loot Ambus is not common in my opinion. Killed a fair share of them mostly in teams and plenty solo - haven't seen a non-loot msg. Strange indeed.

I have hunted thousands of ambu myself and the common thing about them is that they ALWAYS give loot. Haven't hunted ambu for the last 2 months tho as the average return just isn't worth it.

But in months of hunting them on a daily basis I never ever got a no loot from them.

Lol what nonsense. Only once I found no loot in an ambu as the kill wasn't registered according to support. There have never ever been no-looting ambu's aside from that time. It has always been a special mob in that way. Think ppl are just pulling ur leg stating otherwise.

It has always been a special mob in that way. Think ppl are just pulling ur leg stating otherwise.

yeah to me they dont give No-Loot often maybe 1-2 from 50 give it..maybe some bug or someting report to MA and ask them check u avatar is it fine or bugged :)

Oleg may be on the right lines here. Since we obviously have some people who never receive a no loot message from ambu (i was one of them) and some who do there must be something that causes this phenomena...

Perhaps it's some characteristic about the gun being used or perhaps it's a global condition ?

Anyway at the time i made my thread i was using an im2870 and not particularly well skilled on it maybe 60+ hit and damage. I didn't receive a no loot message from over 2k peds cycled.

Perhaps we can narrow down what causes this if we share what weapon we used that gave use no loot message or indeed lack of such message...

I dont ever recall having a no looting ambuli.
And I've hunted alot of them, too many.

Oleg may be on the right lines here. Since we obviously have some people who never receive a no loot message from ambu (i was one of them) and some who do there must be something that causes this phenomena...

Perhaps it's some characteristic about the gun being used or perhaps it's a global condition ?

Anyway at the time i made my thread i was using an im2870 and not particularly well skilled on it maybe 60+ hit and damage. I didn't receive a no loot message from over 2k peds cycled.

Perhaps we can narrow down what causes this if we share what weapon we used that gave use no loot message or indeed lack of such message...

I used lr32/41/48 and hl6/8 both in teams and solo and never any no loot

Ambu is not the only mob that I always get loot from I have the same thing with evicerator:wise:

Although it seems as if I get less and smaller globals from these kinds of mobs:scratch2:

Never gotten a no loot from ambus, haven't hunted em much since VU 10 thou.

I have had no looting ambu even after regen. Very rare but they did occur, 5 in a row would be extraordinary.

Maybe we should include if we live in sweden or not. :D

I have, and don't live in sweden.

I also got 3 no loot levi in a row on many occasions. The other day I did ~20, ~10 no looted, and I got 3 no loots in a row twice, although they aren't high regen like ambu/trox.

Last edited:
when you swunt them believe me you get many nolooters hehe.
I did'nt even knew there were supposed to allways loot or at a better frequency than other mobs. I might have cycled 4k-8k ped on them, only young, I had my good share of noloots.
But since I did 3 longteeths nolooters in a row + various others separated when doing my 50 quest... for me "ambu allways loot" looks like a dream, gonna read it one more time

hmm interesting i camped ambus on the old CND and funny enough I came across a no-looter was an Alpha too but killed the next alpha and boom got my shopkeeper in 115ped global, there has been very rarely but definately happens after 8 months from Feb-Sep 2008 i came across perhaps 10 no looters (Provider, Old, Guardian & Alpha) never seen a no loot on another maturity not since the Young at Neas place late 2007

Only had one no looter, that was before the regen nerf in 2008.
After that one, never had one that looted less than 60 pec, don’t know why though.

Used all kinds of weapons on smaller ambulimax, including LR63 and CB26 while hunting old and providers.
Doesn’t seem to matter much how much dps you do, loot remains mostly the same most of the time.
My main weapon for ambulimax is Isis LR48 +a104 or Isis LR53 + a104.

Since more than 3 years I may have killed thousands of ambus, either in swunts or alone since I was skilled enough to do this : I NEVER got an empty ambu. NEVER. And this is the only mob I can be completely affirmative. Of course loot can be poor, but never empty.
So, 5 empty ones in a row is more than pretty uncommon : I can't believe it. Find the bug out...

Last edited:
Back