FYI: No Profit Through Hunting

Status

Nobody

Hatchling
I found many players in game says something like, "hunting is just wasting peds" "eu became suxx now, no one can profit through hunting" "dpp wont increase tt return in loot 2.0, only extremely expensive weapons with very high efficiency matters, u cant profit without it".

well, I am just nobody who drawn to share something.
I rarely see any psychological aspect discussed here, so Ill try a bit of it...
most hunters basically looking for enjoyment through hunting, it just because of its RCE element, the enjoyment tend to come through the sense of satisfaction when one realize that he actually made profit through it, at least based on what I noticed. so, if u one of them and feels like u cant make it u may receive some benefit by continue reading, or maybe not, idk lol.

even in loot 1.0 or 2.0 there is no way the "house" permit its players to beat itself, so ofc we r not supposed to maintain long term profit through tt return in loot 1.0 nor 2.0 (even if its possible they ofc will change it through updates lol), one can only profit through MU (well unless u made a few short run to kill few hundreds or thousands monster and lucky enough to hit high multiplier and then stop hunting forever). up to this point, even one who just started play for weeks mostly understand but here comes the bigger problem, "the market got too saturated there is no way MU from my loots can overcome my tt loss". well, all I can say is even low-mid or mid lvl hunter with mediocre efficiency weapon can get high enough MU in their loot to more than just cover their tt loss for long even if its in caly!

from my point of view, the biggest problem is one tend to put too much belief over their own assumption. my advice here is, dont assume too much! simply try to know through experiencing instead of assuming, ofc through experiencing. for example, u may open the auction and start to check which hunting loots contain good mark up and at the same time u may open entropia wiki to check which item come from which monster and then do I have enough damage to kill this efficiently or does my armor good enough for this, etc. this kind of thing can take hours up to days. well, it can be after first hour, it started to feels like an impossible task, and if u start to drawn into ur own thought assuming its impossible then u will most likely give up here.

but if u keep up, being optimistic, and maybe u dig more and more and found new obstacle maybe u face something like "i dont wanna loot something with 5 digits MU but the last sales was years ago", you can then start looks into the auction order and u see there are many orders for something like output amplifier component, or tier component and some animal oils, or maybe some demanded rare loot such as shroom, etc and start thinking "its gonna be good if I can find a single monster which have most of those demanded items in their loot", it can feel difficult at first, u may found something like "alright, this rextelum can give me output amp comp and spleen as its common loot... seems easy... but i dont think its gonna be good enough to cover my tt loss... im only have 60ish mediocre efficiency weapon after all.... i prolly will end up less than 95% tt return and even with those output amp and spleen im not gonna make it" or u tried a bit and found the wiki is outdated, inaccuracy of the data, etc...

Again, dont assume! trial and error, keep try it, keep experience it! (and try it with seriousness, as much as u can with considerably enough bankroll), u may think 1k kills is enough u may think 10k, whatever it is, through the willingness to experience it u will learn, the way u perceive things will become more adjusted, improved, and perfected lol. after u killed 1k u prolly get 99% tt return, it can be 86% tt return, it may vary... if u get 99% tt then with just shrapnel conversion and oils u may profit, but dont conclude like "I finally found it, rextelum is pure profit", if u do this the next 1k u kill and u get 86% tt return ull feel veeerrryyy disappointed and vise versa. instead, keep killing it more and more, the longer it takes the more solid ur conclusion will be.

or u may feel challenged to find something harder like shroom, try it, there are many options (even if it can also feel quite limited). its important to understand the feeling of claustrophobic by the limitation of options to start ur trial can be a distraction at first, but for me at least, this very limitation can give sense of relaxation later on. it just somehow at early stage, this limitation mixed with confusion tend to induce rebellion kind of thought towards our own goal. just keep up, trial and error. and if u play maybe 4 or 8 or 12 or 16 hrs/day and by the next few years or months u can feel so sure u can make stable profit, then u can start to use ur own profit to buy something much more expensive to increase ur efficiency and u experientially understand how valuable 1 or 1.5 more % of tt return will be.

this trial and error is the most important, for an extreme example, lets say someone start from this kind of thing "I have to face south when I shoot the monster to get better chance of multiplier" or "I have to do a bong rip every 1 hr to get an ATH". as ridiculous as it can be, no problem, just keep try, see the result. if its good then keep up, if its bad then try another way, be honest with urself. thats all.

dont let urself drawn into pessimistic thought such as "my looter lvl is too low" "my efficiency is too low" etc n hinder u to start chasing ur goal. good luck!

Theres no low lvl mob on caly that can cover a 92% tt return with MU. 8% average MU is not seen on pretty much any mid-low lvl mob and even a lot of uber mobs dont even have this much. Looter lvl is a giant hinderance that only hurts the game for the average player who cant cycle millions of ped just to get to 95% tt return. I find mining way more fair since MA didnt shove a giant middle finger in our faces and every1 gets around the same return long-term no matter their skill lvl or how much they can spend.

Theres no low lvl mob on caly that can cover a 92% tt return with MU. 8% average MU is not seen on pretty much any mid-low lvl mob and even a lot of uber mobs dont even have this much. Looter lvl is a giant hinderance that only hurts the game for the average player who cant cycle millions of ped just to get to 95% tt return. I find mining way more fair since MA didnt shove a giant middle finger in our faces and every1 gets around the same return long-term no matter their skill lvl or how much they can spend.

Take for instance crafting. Every clicks you do with a 1 QR bp you lose and you "invest in QR" for later break even or profit eventually. The same system is active now in hunting in loot 2.0. You grow in skills and eventually you get higher tt return. Main problem i see most of hunters have is not trusting the game and they refuse to invest in EFF also. For me was most easy move i did during FEN i swapped from 61 EFF to 83-90% and never went under.

Also i think after everyone had 10 HA MA decided to make us lose again so this looter system in my eyes is the old hit ability system when all misses were lost ( just an example ignore the comparation lol)

Take for instance crafting. Every clicks you do with a 1 QR bp you lose and you "invest in QR" for later break even or profit eventually. The same system is active now in hunting in loot 2.0. You grow in skills and eventually you get higher tt return. Main problem i see most of hunters have is not trusting the game and they refuse to invest in EFF also. For me was most easy move i did during FEN i swapped from 61 EFF to 83-90% and never went under.

Also i think after everyone had 10 HA MA decided to make us lose again so this looter system in my eyes is the old hit ability system when all misses were lost ( just an example ignore the comparation lol)
Yeah, but theres a difference in needing to cycle 10+ million ped and the amount needed to get the QR to 100

Yeah, but theres a difference in needing to cycle 10+ million ped and the amount needed to get the QR to 100
There is indeed. The comparison is flawed though as the equivalent in crafting would be getting ALL bps to QR 100. I am fairly certain that would cost more than 10 million ped, (also none of your looter skills will even be close to 100 after just 10 mill cycle)

Dude its not about the AMOUNT !! Its about they way it works, i gave an example thats all. In both u need to invest peds and later get the return expected.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is the need to make a throwaway account to post this. Also the timing, as there was a pretty intresting hunting log posted earlier today. OP also fails to mention 24/7 hunters basically overtaking the profession.

Hhmm, let's see: 🤔
  • New account made today
  • "nobody" acct name
  • Only 1 post made, ever
  • obviously an older player who's been here for many years
  • long post on loot subject
  • practically designed not to give any specific info, but encourage debate
Yep, not trolling at all. nope, nope nope.

I don't get it. This topic isn't even close to needing to hide behind a fake account. Why bother?

Just hunt vixens till you get some looter skill, works for me. Can’t beat 400% MU on the most common loot item in the game (gears drop more often than muscle oil or any other item)

Reactions: jak
dpp wont increase tt return in loot 2.0
true.
even in loot 1.0 or 2.0 there is no way the "house" permit its players to beat itself
false.
from my point of view, the biggest problem is one tend to put too much belief over their own assumption. my advice here is, dont assume too much!
"12 angry men"

-side note.You are too optimistic for this forum, you won't make much friends.Also showing your avatar's name helps here.

even in loot 1.0 or 2.0 there is no way the "house" permit its players to beat itself, so ofc we r not supposed to maintain long term profit through tt return in loot 1.0 nor 2.0 (even if its possible they ofc will change it through updates lol)
But that is literally why loot 2.0 came out, because people WERE TT profiting.
well, I am just nobody who drawn to share something.
I rarely see any psychological aspect discussed here, so Ill try a bit of it...
most hunters basically looking for enjoyment through hunting, it just because of its RCE element, the enjoyment tend to come through the sense of satisfaction when one realize that he actually made profit through it, at least based on what I noticed. so, if u one of them and feels like u cant make it u may receive some benefit by continue reading, or maybe not, idk lol.
Not everyone hunts for the reason of profit, some genuinely hunt to hit hofs and this is their hobby. For example my mentor(obviously I've been graduated). He strictly just plays to have fun and just gives himself a monthly or weekly depo amount.

I play to entertain, converse with others, relieve stress and play a very non effortful, chill game with a great community. I've shown that I can profit and in the future I will as well, but for now I'm just focusing on having fun, doing missions and getting my BLP Sniper up.

Everyone is not here to profit and to say they are shows you don't have a true understanding of the game yet.

If everyone was here to profit. The game literally WOULD NOT EXIST. There would be no economy or ANYTHING.

If someone disagrees please tell me why, but this game would cease to exist if everyone was here to profit.

Not everyone hunts for the reason of profit, some genuinely hunt to hit hofs and this is their hobby. For example my mentor(obviously I've been graduated). He strictly just plays to have fun and just gives himself a monthly or weekly depo amount.

I play to entertain, converse with others, relieve stress and play a very non effortful, chill game with a great community. I've shown that I can profit and in the future I will as well, but for now I'm just focusing on having fun, doing missions and getting my BLP Sniper up.

Everyone is not here to profit and to say they are shows you don't have a true understanding of the game yet.

If everyone was here to profit. The game literally WOULD NOT EXIST. There would be no economy or ANYTHING.

If someone disagrees please tell me why, but this game would cease to exist if everyone was here to profit.
Someone has to be the loser, if we all profit than who is paying for that profit? MA? I don’t think so.

Should bring back advertisements and other such ideas so there can be businesses paying into loot who are not part of the system, that way possibly everyone can profit, or at least get the biggest losers closer to break even.

Someone has to be the loser, if we all profit than who is paying for that profit? MA? I don’t think so.

Should bring back advertisements and other such ideas so there can be businesses paying into loot who are not part of the system, that way possibly everyone can profit, or at least get the biggest losers closer to break even.
Exactly. If no one is the loser then there is no mark up. If there is no markup, there is no Entropia.

Although honestly losers is the wrong word, because like I said, some just genuinely play to relax, have a beer, and just try and hit something fun to get excited about and it doesn't bother them one bit, my mentor, one of my good buddys, etc.

But there are still advertisements. Every sign you see in shops, apartments, Land Areas, etc., right click it and it shows how much each advertisement costs. So I do think there is a lot of advertising, especially the terminal ads which I believe do have an expiration date for your ads.

i think the OP made this post because he wants new players to have optimism about how profiting is a very likely outcome, he saw my post and how upset I was that even tho I do pretty much everything right and have the skills of a veteran player, i still end up in either making no profit or very little profit, and the only way to change that is to invest a lot of money from the outside, tho my solution isn't you just have to be rich or fuck off, my solution is remove overpowered UL items, everybody will play by the same rules at that point..

i have to note here.. its also perfectly fair that somebody comes into the game with a million dollars and just buys gear that allows him to profit regardless of playstyle, that's life, but if we take this approach, then i have to wonder what the purpose of loot 2.0 was, i assumed it was to close the gap between the biggest losers and higher earners, yet this is exactly what is being created again with some very powerful weapons in this new system

yes, if a new player reads this he will be discouraged, and tho it is possible that i am missing something about hunting loot that would make my opinion more optimistic, i can only talk from my experience and what others are reporting, if im stuck at 98% tt return, and this number cannot be significantly affacted by the way i hunt, meaning that a bot is getting same numbers, and the only decinig factor is time invested and gear used, then my assumption for future is, very few new players will come into game, the existing players that can profit will bot, this will keep driving markup further down since they don't buy anything from the economy, and more disgruntled players will start complaining

-side note.You are too optimistic for this forum, you won't make much friends.Also showing your avatar's name helps here.
didnt aware of it, but yes i was so, luckily now am not
yea thats 100% what i mean by change it through updates
Not everyone hunts for the reason of profit
true, what I noticed is also most hunters not all hunters

it is indeed so. but personally I see it already perfect as it is, if what u said came true, sure there will be less whining but there will also be less satisfaction. the very thread itself been made to boost the competitiveness here xD

Exactly. If no one is the loser then there is no mark up. If there is no markup, there is no Entropia.

Although honestly losers is the wrong word, because like I said, some just genuinely play to relax, have a beer, and just try and hit something fun to get excited about and it doesn't bother them one bit, my mentor, one of my good buddys, etc.

But there are still advertisements. Every sign you see in shops, apartments, Land Areas, etc., right click it and it shows how much each advertisement costs. So I do think there is a lot of advertising, especially the terminal ads which I believe do have an expiration date for your ads.
I mean loser in the strictest sense of the word, they have losses. I don’t mean loser in the social way

They used to have external advertisers like McDonald’s (as an example) with ped going from that directly to the lootpool, where users could opt in to see the ads to get access to the pool, or opt out and not see them and not get bonus loot. (According to VU notes, I was not around then)

if we take this approach, then i have to wonder what the purpose of loot 2.0 was, i assumed it was to close the gap between the biggest losers and higher earners

Ah I believe it was stated that the largest purpose of Loot 2.0 and the attending systems were to 'stabilize returns' across the board. I'm just saying that from memory though.

At the same time they decreased penalties (decay) in several areas, made compensation for certain costs much more direct, and added ways for a player's investment in time and gameplay (well skills) to influence their "performance" as well as just their gear.

In a sense, there was plenty of "gap closing". It doesn't change the fact that you can blow a small depo in a couple of cycles heh. It did definitely make things a lot easier on people who aren't hard grinding for large numbers though.

Once and for all................

DPP = More stuff in your loots = More MU% overall = More profits.....
EFF = 0-7% More tt loot per loot....
Looter skills = 0-7% More tt loot per loot....

End of line.

DPP = More stuff in your loots = More MU% overall = More profits.....
It's not really more stuff in loot, it's actually less cost for the looted MU. Except extremely low DPP, will give shrap mostly and much less oils/hides & stuff.
You'd be surprised to find out that there are people that hate hunting with DPP because it means less loot (tt) pet kill. Some people prefer "phat loots" :D :D they don't last long in game ofc, but they exist.

• Haha
Confirmed by Messi, looter skill scales past lvl 100 to infinity and beyond for 100%+ tt returns

My new audi has way better DPP and EFF then your new 2.0 weapon :D

Your car worth 25% less once you take it out of dealership lol
Someone hasn't been watching the used car market. The market is getting better, but it's not back to what it was. Bought my 08 mustang for 6400 mid covid, Insurance company gave me 9300.

Bought a 19 fiesta new for 16,000 and sold for 16,500 during covid.

Bought a 97 honda civic for 1500, and my buddy wants it for 2500

Doesn't count all the NEW sports cars, off roading vehicles etc. that are selling third party for multiple thousands of dollars over msrp.

in 5 years you wont be able to buy a 2008 weapon with it :)
The most obvious joke here is: "because Entropia will be dead in 4.5 years" :ROFLMAO:

I don't believe that, but it's too obvious not to pass up.

Status
Back