FYI: No Profit Through Hunting

Status
Your car worth 25% less once you take it out of dealership lol
Probably :) Nobody is buying the car to sell it right after they walk out of dealership.
in 5 years you wont be able to buy a 2008 weapon with it :)
Person who buy car does not probably intend to sell it few years later to be able to afford weapon in online game.
Your new Audi can't make a new audi every year or couple of years ;)
Probably not, but it can save you 15 hours of grinding a day, sitting at your PC, not having a life etc.

I invested vast amount of money in Entropia and I believe I understand how it works, but I simply have no time to throw in trash can. If I am spending 15 hours a day, it should be on something meaningful, I can always log in to EU and have fun once in a while, without needing 2.0 weapon.

My reply is mostly for Alina who said people refuse to invest in 2.0 weapons, not that they refuse, people have better things to spend $15.000-$30.000 USD. If you are let's say rich, $30k USD is nothing for you, then making money argument falls in water.

My suggestion for every normal person is to enjoy the game within their RL budget for hobbies, if it's $10 a month, do that, have fun, sweat, talk to ppl etc. - Taking a big loan to buy 2.0 weapon + rings + armor + bankroll is dumb retarded ridiculous as it's not going to make you serious profit or most importantly normal lifestyle and good health.

But what do I know, I come from 3rd world country where you can get fed with $1 a year ;)

last time i posted on these topics was not a "master" now i find myself "grand master" and this seems strange because i still feel a Neophite.
but i learned that onbly MU counts.

Eve states it perfectly with a "i make profit in mayhems pulling items from vendor with my big gun and selling them". Fair. to reach that level need some firepower but he used Lp100 so yasuki explained us that it can be done (with many caveats) in 5 months.
i will reach 100 in 2 years, but with a "LOSS" of less than 1500 Euro, that i consider negligible for such progress, but i am a ligurian, we are like Scottish, deep pockets, short armed ppl.

Dr. GF tell us "i skill for free" yes, and we calculated make 4 ped per hour, so the progress in skill terms on "green lines" is 40/100 = 0.4 ped tt value in skill per hour, make it 0.75 ped with death roill bonus, it is to me half a point in anatomy or phandgun, vixesn are funny but not for progress, sorry

Messi dares Mango to find that statement, IT DOES NOT EXIST... sorry NO ONE SAID THAT IT IS 7% LINEAR, MA stated "It impacts maximum 7%" .... it is a different sentence
that could be that Eff is not linear, that it impacts 0 to 6,99 with strange shapes in the function, that it overlaps partially or totally with looter at some levels ... there is not a precise statement.
we can just say referring to a 2017 test.. FRESH PLAYERS (i assume that are less than 6 month active) expoerienced 96 and some percente return, average was 98
being 10% most active players shooting 90% of ammo, it is easy to understand that some must make 99% return on average, to rise the bar to 98
in this casem the baseline eff of 55% is for sure not (100 - 7% - another 7%) but something else for the average player that reach 96 average

Some player call "i loose 20% per run... i suppose they are like Enter Game, buy a perseus, buy biggest weapon they can wield, kill with 2000 ped like 50 moloch master, with 20 looter and destroying armor and pretend that their MU sinking becomes profit in some magic way... if a starting player kills vixen he will make 100 usd last 1 year, apart the MU that can extract, because are of their "correct level to kill efficiently"

i feel that yes there is people that comes to shoot for fun, but most try to squeeze MU to play for free.... and in the process pour money to collect better gears and create an economy.
i keep trusting who has 300 and more levels, and test math of dr. GF, that is correct but negligible.... sister your is another game....

Alina uses the gears that impact 0.1% on DCLASS Amp cost to craft, who drops it cycles in mining 10x as you shot
a nanobalde burns over 4k ped per hour so in 1 hour it cycles like 100hours of your Azuro, 4 ped per hour profit last 12 second in a T10 LP100 Shootout....
simply this game has different points on the ladder..... and every point has its chances for big profits (pull and sell a 20k EURO item) and big losses (ask some "big guy" his bleed in a summer migration without a UL drop and with no boxes to mitigate TT losses... you would be terrified to see some "bad month swings"... i was...

So all in all... if a player approach game he can totally expect to reach 96% costant returns if followed by a "decent" mentor while progressing
there is no need of 50.000 Eur investment in gears (it speeds up the thing of course). who fears the losses can play conservative and stay safe, who wants the thrill can mine FOMA...there is something for everyone

and i plan to stay until servers close, apart all uncertainty, the community is awesome

Probably not, but it can save you 15 hours of grinding a day, sitting at your PC, not having a life etc.

I invested vast amount of money in Entropia and I believe I understand how it works, but I simply have no time to throw in trash can. If I am spending 15 hours a day, it should be on something meaningful, I can always log in to EU and have fun once in a while, without needing 2.0 weapon.

My reply is mostly for Alina who said people refuse to invest in 2.0 weapons, not that they refuse, people have better things to spend $15.000-$30.000 USD. If you are let's say rich, $30k USD is nothing for you, then making money argument falls in water.
That if you want/need/feel to be saved. The topic discussed here is about making profit.

Having/not having a life argument is the worst one can bring to the table but it's being heavily used in gaming to justify giving up at something one attempted but failed.
Buying a car is a liability, owning a loot 2.0 weapon is an asset that makes money and since in this space people discuss how to make money in a RCE game, the car argument falls. I don't think you wanted to show off but some may believe you did. There are a few cases of players that didn't deposit but managed to pull out probably several new Audis worth of PEDs, like Alina's case (while a student and playing for fun even :D sry stoica :D), so there was no loan, just will to learn, brains to understand and hard work.

Hard work can have many forms and successful people don't usually complain for a 16hr day work, especially when it's something they really like and where they are very good at. That should be something to be respected, not looked down at as nolifing...

Good luck in your endeavours and wish you to find something meaningful and to be as good at it as stoica is at this game ;)

That if you want/need/feel to be saved. The topic discussed here is about making profit.

Having/not having a life argument is the worst one can bring to the table but it's being heavily used in gaming to justify giving up at something one attempted but failed.
Buying a car is a liability, owning a loot 2.0 weapon is an asset that makes money and since in this space people discuss how to make money in a RCE game, the car argument falls. I don't think you wanted to show off but some may believe you did. There are a few cases of players that didn't deposit but managed to pull out probably several new Audis worth of PEDs, like Alina's case (while a student and playing for fun even :D sry stoica :D), so there was no loan, just will to learn, brains to understand and hard work.

Hard work can have many forms and successful people don't usually complain for a 16hr day work, especially when it's something they really like and where they are very good at. That should be something to be respected, not looked down at as nolifing...

Good luck in your endeavours and wish you to find something meaningful and to be as good at it as stoica is at this game ;)
You are saying a lot without saying anything.

1. Only a few people in this game actually make money they can live off, you are among those people, so is messi and Alina.
2. I can teach a monkey to make profit in Entropia Universe without 2.0 weapon, is it worth it? I am claiming it is not worth time, best to spend time in Entropia is to enjoy it, do some fun stuff waste few hundred $s a year.
3. Alina is a hard core player, that commits majority of his life to this game, of course he would make profit
4. I am very good and successful at what I do, wishes and luck is not something I need, as i make my own luck.

Let me help you again, as you need obviously to hear something multiple times to aknowledge.
Making profit is easy, 2.0 weapons are not required to do so. I can teach monkey to make profit in Entropia without using 2.0 setup that cost $20.000. You can literally start with 100 peds.

Conclusion:
Buying a car is better then investing in Entropia and buying 2.0 weapon.

That's so subjective that it doesn't mean shit to me personally and probably to a lot of people. There's a different topic here. Some people live in civilised but busy towns, driving a car can be staying in traffic many hours a day.
How time one spends is totally a personal thing. There's no car vs. loot 2.0 weapon that's generally true what the fuck... but pretty sure there are forums out there for audi owners, eh?

Making profit is easy, 2.0 weapons are not required to do so.
It's not easy but doable. But, a 2.0 would increase your profit, greatly. It's really easy math, even a monkey could understand it.
The list of people who "heavily invested" but didn't quite understood the DPP/EFF/DPS aspects of the game is so long it's embarrassing already.

So what you need is to jsut not be poor lol its not that hard. If you can't afford the $10 000 low mid gear you really don't belong in the game mate, go play something else.

but if you can risk financial ruin with severe 100% risk investements and 0% security. Then just start cycling at least 100-300k a week that should get you to be around a mid lvl player. You'll see some ok numbers then around 95% returns, so you can make a few ped pr 10k peds spent profit.

To really ramp it up though what you should do is considering buying a proper set of tools. Theres a lot being sold right now and many are selling for very cheap, you can get a ok low to mid lvl hunter gearup for around 100 000 ped that should let you be able to easier maintain those high returns, and more steadily make a few peds and pecshere and there :)

/sage

Someone hasn't been watching the used car market. The market is getting better, but it's not back to what it was. Bought my 08 mustang for 6400 mid covid, Insurance company gave me 9300.

This.

Slightly unsure in other countries but through 2021 and 2022 up untill this day and without any slow down due to various factors in sight, the used car market is booming. Especially in the electric market (in norway 95 out of 10 new cars sold are electric or some crazy shit, no one deliberatly buys a new gasoline car for private use anymore.) Many who bought new cars in 2020 and 2021 just up and sold them for 30-50% of the new car value in profit. ie 450 000 NOK new, they could sell it for 600 000 on the day no problems. fun to see that it infact is getting better elsewere too

That's so subjective that it doesn't mean shit to me personally and probably to a lot of people. There's a different topic here. Some people live in civilised but busy towns, driving a car can be staying in traffic many hours a day.
How time one spends is totally a personal thing. There's no car vs. loot 2.0 weapon that's generally true what the fuck... but pretty sure there are forums out there for audi owners, eh?

It's not easy but doable. But, a 2.0 would increase your profit, greatly. It's really easy math, even a monkey could understand it.
The list of people who "heavily invested" but didn't quite understood the DPP/EFF/DPS aspects of the game is so long it's embarrassing already.
Again, a lot of words but nothing smart said. Collection of random words with no actual meaning. just an insult here and there.
It's a simple comparison which you seem to not understand.

Your opinion on 2.0 weapons is subjective as you are producing too many mayhem items and selling, which is why your opinion can never be taken seriously when you are talking good or bad about certain weapon.

Yes, 2.0 weapon will increase your return. Never said that is false. But is it worth it? No. Prices of 2.0 weapons are currently overinflated, convince me that I'm wrong ;) If you manage to pull your own 2.0 weapon from the vendor, it's still best to sell it versus use it, as right now it will yield better profit.

$ in + time in = $ out = not worth at this moment, if you are going down the road of living off the game.

Vast

all value is subjective including worthiness
2.0 weapon increase tt return can be objective
the increasement tt return can increase profit can be objective
but the worthiness of all of that can only be subjective

this thread is just to encourage ppls who honestly and subjectively gives value over hunting total return to be precise
hopefully, more optimism towards it would elevate the competitive level of its community into a whole different level
stretch the boundary of disappointment and satisfaction produced by it further

You are saying a lot without saying anything.

1. Only a few people in this game actually make money they can live off, you are among those people, so is messi and Alina.
2. I can teach a monkey to make profit in Entropia Universe without 2.0 weapon, is it worth it? I am claiming it is not worth time, best to spend time in Entropia is to enjoy it, do some fun stuff waste few hundred $s a year.
3. Alina is a hard core player, that commits majority of his life to this game, of course he would make profit
4. I am very good and successful at what I do, wishes and luck is not something I need, as i make my own luck.

Let me help you again, as you need obviously to hear something multiple times to aknowledge.
Making profit is easy, 2.0 weapons are not required to do so. I can teach monkey to make profit in Entropia without using 2.0 setup that cost $20.000. You can literally start with 100 peds.

Conclusion:

Depreciation is rarely discussed in this game, yet that can amount to considerable sums. If a player makes 20k ped profit hunting but their high end equipment has dropped 50k ped in value, then they're really 30k ped down.

Obviously if a player is able to aquire high value items to sell via token trader etc to bounce back then that's a result, although that strategy is not guaranteed longterm. Plus they're constantly fighting to keep up with upgrades to be stay at a level to potentially gain free top end items. Therefore there're equally high risks when seeking high rewards.

Even the most top end player in this game, can't come close to gains that can be made on the real world stock market or property. But they will make it sound like they're driving around in ferrari's made on their in game profits.... if they say so... funny. 🤣

Just this week I cashed in a share that beat the highest ATH on the board. But now and then I'll pop into the game and play with my pets. 😁🤣

Rick.

Just this week I cashed in a share that beat the highest ATH on the board. But now and then I'll pop into the game and play with my pets. 😁🤣

Rick.

Even the biggest failures, can't come to any succes in a very simple game. But they will make it sound like they're driving around in ferrari's made on their stock profits.... if they say so... funny. 🤣

they are pulling your leg dude... MA have said skills affect 0-7% so how can i t be more? :D But the didnt say lvl 100 is the max for the full 7%? (Mind blown!)...
There has been no official statement on the magnitude of impact looter prefessions have

(in norway 95 out of 10 new cars sold are electric or some crazy shit, no one deliberatly buys a new gasoline car for private use anymore.)
0. Found it for you. Here in Oz we still prefer oil burners. EV's are good for taking you to your gravesite. If you want to return from it you need mined resources.

Even the biggest failures, can't come to any succes in a very simple game. But they will make it sound like they're driving around in ferrari's made on their stock profits.... if they say so... funny. 🤣

Depends how you measure success right. Waking up in the morning alive, to shoot another 12 hours is a success.😁

I've got deeds though, players do the shooting for me. So very true, simple game to make a few ped. I did over 10 years full time shooting , we are allowed to take our feet off the peddles. Maybe I'll dabble more when the pension years kick in.

I don't actually 'desire' a loot 2 gun myself, I simply don't have the time to use it. Although if that is the desire of others, go ahead, blast it up.

Rick

Edit: that share trade btw was Abdn (ticker) I bought 40,000 at £1.37 sold them for £2.05. Not a bad gain in a month. I do it to fund free holidays and meals out. Could have waited for £3+ but I'm not greedy.

Last edited:
In my opinion you don't need to be a super grinder in hunting to profit in EU. You may need to play at that level if that is how you make a living but there are other ways to make PED outside of just hunting. My ROI in terms of EU is based on making some PED and having fun in the process. It did take time and capital to get to the level I like to play but not everyone needs to go down the path I chose. I've played PE/EU so many years and one thing is for sure those players who are flexible and adapt to the system tend to have the most success. There are ups and downs and lines to profit will change and when they do you just have to adapt and find a new path. I used to make a decent amount of PEDS back in PE because I knew of a good dunkel spot that maybe one or two other miners knew about but after a number of VUs it was "adjusted" so I had to venture out and find something else that worked.

Nothing is routine in terms of loot so learn to ramp up or down shift your playing style based on the system output. I sometimes just want to have fun so I will throw caution to the wind look for some windfall loot but I do that knowing full well those opportunities are far and few between. It's the cost of entertainment.

Last edited:
I personally play for fun and the challenge of finding what works, ie profit for fun which is what i thought most folks were about.

In my mind when you start investing real money in uber gear rather than real world stocks, shares it's no longer about fun and ofc that depends on what you classify as uber based on what you can afford. Point is, if it's no longer fun and all about making money in game then you might just have your priorities all mixed up ESPECIALLY if your gonna complain about in game profits with money invested in gear which could otherwise have served you better in the real world.

Status
Back