Votes: 58 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brooklyn

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Brooklyn lyn York
Auto Aim, Auto Fire, Auto Heal, Auto Mine, Auto Craft, and now Auto Looting is being suggested... What part do skills play in this?...

I believe that skills should be earned and propose that no skills be given for any Auto Activity... Skills should be given to those who actually hunt in first person without auto aim... and take the trouble to prospect... not strip mine... to craft... not manufacture... etc... etc... If you want to be lazy... fine but you shouldn't get any skills for it...

It's high time we we give
focus to rewarding
GAME PLAYERS
instead of
game miners.

Since the invention of L gear skills only earn you the right to be privledged enough to pay MU for items that realy dont give much more skill then real gear that I have seen.

As far as auto everything...too many here play games from IGG and other wannabe games like Facebook and Myspace apps that require nothing more then logging in, hell some dont even require logging in now.

I disagree, i like useing auto use tool feature, i dont have to make alot of noise clicking my mouse and getting yelled at by my g/f. that and if i use the tool if i do go afk useing it i lose all my ammos. and that sucks.

And skills represent the money you put into something. if there is a way to auto farm this game they would still need to make a suitible investment into the game and buy the gear, so no loss there. and they would have to go through the same grind of potential losses as everyone else.

i do not like auto aim, or auto walk. thats just me.

and as far as auto drilling, or even auto crafting, people are making the same amount of investments as everyone else, and crafters want to click one time to make some items more power to them. they should be awarded loot and skills, regardless.

tools exist for people to use. they are avalible for you to use as well.

As far as auto mine, shoot and craft. they help the fingers. Auto shooting gives you the ability to use your weapon speed to fullest effect, and mining... come on 1 click instead of 4-5 and if you hit a small hof, the finger burn. Save your fingers support auto. lol

As far as auto aim. i do not support this its not that hard to aim. auto loot meh sure whatever. auto move to target sure whatever.

But to not get skills for useing tools...... i say no way. noooo way. you take away skill gains whats next take away loot too?

Enjoy the new luxurys. You buy a new Big screan TV. buy some payperveiw movies and enjoy it. dont just use a big screan to bitch about having only 3 channels to watch. hmmmm i think i messed that up. but at any rate.

NO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And by the Way i hunt in 3rd person with auto use tool. :D i should get extra skills for that :D

why shouldn't we get skills for auto-mining or auto-crafting? that is stupid. how does sitting there extracting 1000 ped of lyst manually or on auto make you more skillful. some people have better things to do than click the mouse thousands of times in repetitive tasks (crafting too)

besides. it saves us from carpal tunnel. your proposal is :scratch2:

why shouldn't we get skills for auto-mining or auto-crafting? that is stupid. how does sitting there extracting 1000 ped of lyst manually or on auto make you more skillful. some people have better things to do than click the mouse thousands of times in repetitive tasks (crafting too)

besides. it saves us from carpal tunnel. your proposal is :scratch2:

Why should you get skills beyound the orignal click while your off watching television... you should get skills by playing the game... if you just want the economic benefit... by all means use auto... but for skilling it should be one click at a time... you're not buying skills... if you want to do that then fork over some cash for a chip... this is just another skam perpetrated by the rich and lazy... to gain more skills with less work and investment of time...

because without the auto-fire/extracting/craft im actually using and gaining real life aim, drilling or manufacture skills :rolleyes:

funny how the auto click feature works for some and not others( and yes im doing it right) works once or twice every 3 or 4 times then stops so i give up using it:(
i vote no but if it worked(4me) id probably vote yes:rolleyes:

you get skill in proportion to the amount of PED you have cycled, not your physical work or your time.
Always been like that, and I can't see it should be anyway different.

With the new auto-feature, MA has finally taken a definite stand and allowed an already widely used tool to be used by all without need for much discussion.

Using the auto features are no less playing then any other click of the mouse.

Its quite a smart game mechanic to allow tedious tasks to be performed "offline", like skillgrinding and research and such, also used in other games.

whether YOU call it playing the game or not, doing tedious things like clicking basic filters, regardless of automatic or manual clicking you cycle the same amount of ped. if there were no skill gains, then nobody would want to autoclick anything because thats the point of auto-click in the first place, so that we dont have to do extremely repetitive tasks like 20,000 clicks on basic filters (which takes over a day).

if you think you are more deserving of skills for wanting to click manually all day long then by all means go ahead and do it, but at the end of the day, we cycle the same amount of money in the game and thats all MA will care about. now how you do it.

Skills should be gained at least for any ped wasting activity, even if there's a chance of gain.

you get skill in proportion to the amount of PED you have cycled, not your physical work or your time.

Always been like that, and I can't see it should be anyway different.

Using the auto features are no less playing then any other click of the mouse.

Absolutely Wrong... you get all many, many interrelated skills by just sweating that have nothing to do without recycling peds. It is the fault of the uber goober players that think because they cycle more peds that they somehow are earning skills by the amount of peds cycles not by the actions they are taking in cycling that amount of peds...

No... it is not like any other click of the mouse it is a click that is worth more based on money and resources not effort... Like I say if you just want the economic then by all means use auto click but you should only get the skills assoicated with that one click... and while MA has not thought about how unfair this system is to low level and mid level players or to the effects it will have on artificially inflated skill levels... gnerated by auto clicking non-players... this is one of the great emerging faults of EU in that it is not about skills and gameplay and a game that gets harder wiht advancement... but only about givng rich players a greater return on their investments...

Absolutely Wrong... you get all many, many interrelated skills by just sweating that have nothing to do without recycling peds. It is the fault of the uber goober players that think because they cycle more peds that they somehow are earning skills by the amount of peds cycles not by the actions they are taking in cycling that amount of peds...

No... it is not like any other click of the mouse it is a click that is worth more based on money and resources not effort... Like I say if you just want the economic then by all means use auto click but you should only get the skills assoicated with that one click... and while MA has not thought about how unfair this system is to low level and mid level players or to the effects it will have on artificially inflated skill levels... gnerated by auto clicking non-players... this is one of the great emerging faults of EU in that it is not about skills and gameplay and a game that gets harder wiht advancement... but only about givng rich players a greater return on their investments...

I have yet to see a post where you dont whine about one thing or another, nothing is ever good for you is it?

i normaly dont agree with Brooklyn but on this i do and when we are at it remove the options to buy and sell skills as well. try earn your skills insted

I have yet to see a post where you dont whine about one thing or another, nothing is ever good for you is it?

I have never complained about loot... I have never complained about to many mountains, I have never complained about mining claims that are unacessible... or crafting in small batches... and I have offered many poistive solutions to these issues and the problems and issues that concern me..

I do have real concerns over the influence of this very small community of upperclass... uber whiners who can't seem to or want to engage in this environment as a challenge... I do believe they are unduly weakening the dynamics of what should be a very exciting and challenging environment for real players...

I have always been about making this game not only more interesting but a more difficult game... in order to drive out the ramblers and the gamblers no loot whiners... and game miners. A good game and challenging enviroment is one that gets more difficult and demanding of skills and attention to details... not less... as is the case now... I want a better class of players... this should be the ultimate gamming experience not some auto - automated slot machine...

Last edited:
I have never complained about loot... I have never complained about to many mountains, I have never complained about mining claims that are unacessible... or crafting in small batches... and I have offered many poistive solutions to issues and problems and issues tha concern me..

I do have real concerns over the influence of this very small community of upperclass... uber whiners who can't seem to or want to engage in this environment as a challenge... I do believe they are unduly weakening the dynamics of what should be a very exciting and challenging environment for real players...

I have always been about making this game not only more interesting but a more difficult game... in order to drive out the ramblers and the gamblers no loot whiners... and game miners. A good game and challenging enviroment is one that gets more difficult and demanding of skills and attention to details... not less... as is the case now... I want a better class of players... this should be the ultimate gamming experience not some auto - automated slot machine...

Fair enough,

But dare i remind you, this function (auto-fire/auto-craft) was also implemented due to the fact that several people have developed serious RSI (or whatever the term) due to these tasks?

Me for one, am one of those people that would rather hunt "manually" but when i craft, if im doing a batch of whatnot, and i know im not going to add materials/whatnots while doing it, i would rather click and receive crafting skills and everything just the same with auto mode as without, simply due to the fact that removing the skills would just make people use "their own" auto-mode crafting supplies again, and thus the whole implementation would have been in vain.

Just my two pecs on the issue.

It's the avatar that has the skills not the player, why further alienate another chunk of the EU population by expecting a real human being to posses a set of fantasy skills? Auto is a necessary feature for those that choose to use it for whatever thier reason, and one reason can be due to disability.. you wanna punish them for needing auto features?

Its not the uber that design the game , it is MA.
Its not the uber that say how the game work , its all the people who spend time to test things.
So , far , it is proff in many profetion , that the amount of skill you gain , is closely related to the amount of ped you spend per click.
If you craft filter , you will gain less skill than if you craft lvl 15 weapon...and that plain logic , since filter cost 3 pec and lvl 15 weapon cost 100 ped per click...It is same with gun , fap , and all creafting area from what i know.

No... it is not like any other click of the mouse it is a click that is worth more based on money and resources not effort... Like I say if you just want the economic then by all means use auto click but you should only get the skills assoicated with that one click... and while MA has not thought about how unfair this system is to low level and mid level players or to the effects it will have on artificially inflated skill levels... gnerated by auto clicking non-players... this is one of the great emerging faults of EU in that it is not about skills and gameplay and a game that gets harder wiht advancement...
again its not player that decide how the game work...but MA...
And , if player auto craft for exemple , its to put a tiket for the big lottery but also for gaining skill...
Why would people waste tons of money if they dont even gain skill...
but only about givng rich players a greater return on their investments...
No , its to make the rich player deposit even more...
That game didnt get where it is now with the free loader...
Its all those people who did deposit for years to gain skill and buy items that did pay MA bills.
And if MA put all those auto-feature , its because they know its the best way to suck up the last $ from any player...
MA didnt put the auto feature in game to looks cool... they did it , because they think it is good for their income.
If MA notice the auto feature reduce the income , you can be sure they will remouve it.But if MA notice the income go up , they will extend the auto feature to help player.

Beside all that , many people can not click so much as required in EU due to their health...EU is suposed to be still a game , and something you do for fun...If MA when to maximise their potential player , they have to got feature that make people with RSI abel to enjoy the game like all other.
Its specially important in game like EU , since many player work with computeur and are over 20 years...
no need to say they have the money to spend in EU and are willing to do it , as long as EU dont become more hurting for their arm than their job...

I dont think MA will shoot them self in foot and remove skill gain when player use auto feature....
and why ask for it anyway ? they pay same like other , so why not get the skill ?

I usually disagree with Brooklyn, but I can somewhat agree with this. I was fine with the autoclick aspect when it still required you to stay at the computer to keep from getting an AFK logout, but now that you can just set the tool and leave the PC, I think it is rather cheap.

What I would propose would be either:

A- add the AFK logout again.

or

B- Add an AFK timer for the AutoUse function that is independent of the AFK logout timer. Every 5-10 minutes, have it pop up a warning box that skill gain is going to disable due to AFK activity unless they click a button that is in the box to reset the timer. This would let those individuals who actually want to PLAY to do so while still using the tool and getting the skills. If someone is just using the tool to go AFK and reap whatever benefits they can, then those benefits should be limited to the outcome of the activity and should not include skill gains. Have this be not only for AutoCraft, but also the AutoUse - one click every 5-10 minutes is nothing for somebody that is actually playing and not just using the tool to make themselves a BOT.

Have this be not only for AutoCraft, but also the AutoUse - one click every 5-10 minutes is nothing for somebody that is actually playing and not just using the tool to make themselves a BOT.
On the contrary. The point of the auto feature is to allow you to do boring work, that requires no skill whatsoever, so you don't have to turn yourself into a miserable, clicking bot. That's why it does the bot work for you, so you can remain human. :)

i disagree auto in crafting, coz will be alot players afk.. its not right for other profesions like hunting or mining :)

On the contrary. The point of the auto feature is to allow you to do boring work, that requires no skill whatsoever, so you don't have to turn yourself into a miserable, clicking bot. That's why it does the bot work for you, so you can remain human. :)

Yes, and that is why only one click every few minutes. It doesn't seem right that someone should be able to set their game to play itself while they go to work, eat dinner, sleep, etc. Gaming bots do nothing but automate the game playing process so that the "player" doesn't have to do anything and can just set it up and forget about it.

I'm not so concerned about someone trying to bypass a boring task - more over the ability to now have active skilling and potential profit-making 24/7, every day of the year. Hell, I don't care what somebody does as they craft with auto - read a book, watch the TV, whatever - just so long as they prove that their is a live person at the other end every few minutes.

Oh - and it was put in because of RSI - not because the tasks were boring. It would have been in a bit sooner if it were because the tasks were boring and nobody wanted to do them. Lots of people started geting RSI from the constant clicks and the community became rather vocal about MA needing to do something about it.

Using the auto feature shouldn't affect skills in anyway ..... people who use it are paying for ammo/matl/bombs just as much as you are ... let them play how they want to play, MA has decided that this feature is needed for some ppl to play(RSI injuries etc) .... leave them alone, it's really got nothing to do with you or me whatsoever.

You also seem to have forgotten that it is the Avatar that is being skilled up .. not you. The only skill that you are getting is one finger clicking skill

Last edited:

maybe they should stop the skillgains when you dont spend any peds ingame? :p
why should you get skills if you only invest time?
your causing load on the server?
lets make this game more of a challenge?

this cuts both ways brooklyn :p

p.s.
i dont seriously want this to happen...

I had to vote no here, As my wife says, "As long as the game is on, and you are logged in, you are playing!" even if you aren't at the computer!

The day you can craft, hunt or mine without being logged in will be the day that i will completely agree here!

It seemed like a good idea at the time........ nuff said :D

I wish Brooklyn ten 3999 lyst/oil hofs on 1 day, so she would have to sit infront of comp 24/7 manually clicking it out, otherwise they would expire.....

I wish Brooklyn ten 3999 lyst/oil hofs on 1 day, so she would have to sit infront of comp 24/7 manually clicking it out, otherwise they would expire.....

Can you wish me those? I would gladly extract 39990 PED of ANYTHING :wtg:

Can you wish me those? I would gladly extract 39990 PED of ANYTHING

Manually? Unfortunately reserved for Brooklyn, she REALLY deserves it.

Manually? Unfortunately reserved for Brooklyn, she REALLY deserves it.

I would be willing to do that manually... that is almost $4000 before MU. That would be ~$167/hour - ten times what I make at my job. So yeah, I will manually exract 39990 PED of lyst... just bring me a steady stream of excavators.

Bring it on Bitch!
:laugh:

The issue is not the question of using or having the auto function... but getting what I believe are undeserved skills for using it... so that economically in some situations it might worth the trade off of gained skills for expediency. It becomes your choice... much more dynamics and a fair trade off in that situation...

Back