FYI: NON tradable & NON TeeTeable weapons/items in the TT! =O

sdragonfire

Alpha
The TT is something we've all come to trust over the years, we knew we could always TT stuff back that we buy from it. Well HUNT The Thing has broken this TT trust for me,,, Like the title says they have items you cant trade or tt back, for sale in the TT, so take head and dont over buy!!!! Theres not even a warning or anything in the item description, you dont find out till you try to TT or Trade.I don't think this should be allowed,, quest loot fine, but to mess with the TT? What are your feelings on this?

UPDATE:

OK so the items in question are:
assault rifle (fa)(l)
pistol (sa)(l)
medkit (l)

this incident is NOT closed to a TT on HTT, these items cannot be TTed or traded in rocktropia either. heres message you will recieve: "This item is not refundable and its value of 50 pec will not be returned to your balance!"

It seems intended that quest gifts, especially things for new players that let them try out mainstream professions for free, cannot be TT'd in order to avoid people exploiting it for "free money".

However on the "Hunt the Thing" planet NEVERDIE Studios decided to also use the quest gift items in the TT, rather than using a different set of items.

The result is that if you buy the items from the TT you cannot then sell them back to the TT to recover their remaining value.

Since it has been this way since they released the planet in September 2011 it would appear that the choice is deliberate despite the bizarreness of it.

- Deathifier

Last edited:
I thought you can't TT only quest items. Care to list things you can't TT and they are not rewarded ? As far as I know, there were some broken TT machines on THE THING place, where you couldn't buy/sell anything, so maybe it's some kind of bug ?

I thought you can't TT only quest items. Care to list things you can't TT and they are not rewarded ? As far as I know, there were some broken TT machines on THE THING place, where you couldn't buy/sell anything, so maybe it's some kind of bug ?

well the 14pec rifle available in TT and also FAP cannot be sold back to TT or traded, i havnt tried tting the ammo they use there back yet but ill login now and make a complete list. I do hope its a bug tho because it defeats purpose of a TT.

Update!

assault rifle (fa)(l)
pistol (sa)(l)
medkit (l)

this incident is NOT closed to a TT on HTT, these items cannot be TTed or traded in rocktropia either. heres message you will recieve: "This item is not refundable and its value of 50 pec will not be returned to your balance!"

been like this for, well fucken ages lol.. I thought this would have been fixed,
they said they fixed the un TTables..
LOL anyways, what do you have so many storages for?? Use them to dump the crap.. would be nice if this were fixed but it seems... well anyway it seems like i Dont wana be "Negative" and start up so I'll leave it there

been like this for, well fucken ages lol.. I thought this would have been fixed,
they said they fixed the un TTables..
LOL anyways, what do you have so many storages for?? Use them to dump the crap.. would be nice if this were fixed but it seems... well anyway it seems like i Dont wana be "Negative" and start up so I'll leave it there

I encountered this because i bought guns/healkits for a group of us to hunt the thing with,, so im stuck with 8 of everything lol,,maybe vu will fix it:scratch2:

assault rifle (fa)(l)
pistol (sa)(l)
medkit (l)

Thanks for warning + reped. I didn't know about this. I sometimes do crazy stuff like buying 3k ped rookie ammo and go hunt small things on other planets and I was thinking about buying those RT weapons as well. Glad I didn't do it.

odd one. if i understand this correctly, the items have a TT value. if so and they cant be traded to the TT their TT value is 0. either a bug or... whatever you want to call it.

if they have no tt value, then its the same as sweat, fruit etc.

odd one. if i understand this correctly, the items have a TT value. if so and they cant be traded to the TT their TT value is 0. either a bug or... whatever you want to call it.

if they have no tt value, then its the same as sweat, fruit etc.

Oh you can TT them, but you do not get the residual value returned.

It seems intended that quest gifts, especially things for new players that let them try out mainstream professions for free, cannot be TT'd in order to avoid people exploiting it for "free money".

However on the "Hunt the Thing" planet NEVERDIE Studios decided to also use the quest gift items in the TT, rather than using a different set of items.

The result is that if you buy the items from the TT you cannot then sell them back to the TT to recover their remaining value.

Since it has been this way since they released the planet in September 2011 it would appear that the choice is deliberate despite the bizarreness of it.

- Deathifier

- Deathifier

I see, yeah that makes sense now, thanks for clarification. So it's pretty much a bug they don't wanna fix, because it's bringing them extra money. Or they simply don't care about it.

I see, yeah that makes sense now, thanks for clarification. So it's pretty much a bug they don't wanna fix, because it's bringing them extra money. Or they simply don't care about it.

If its known and they dont wanna fix it then arn't they deliberately stealing money from the player base? When does not fixing a bug become cheating?:scratch2: would be different if there was some type of warning

Last edited:
If its known and they dont wanna fix it then arn't they deliberately stealing money from the player base?

Lazy and/or deceptive tactics from that planet partner? Why I've never heard of such a thing :laugh:

non TTable items, L items that don't show the L in the name, blueprints named as items that the blueprints create and vice versa. Sounds like MA ought to force Neverdie Studios to clean up this crap since this is a REAL CASH economy, and all planet partners are supposed to be equal, or fix it themselves, (or kill off Rocktropia all together?)?

Damn rock n roll rebellion, lol.

non TTable items, L items that don't show the L in the name, blueprints named as items that the blueprints create and vice versa. Sounds like MA ought to force Neverdie Studios to clean up this crap since this is a REAL CASH economy, and all planet partners are supposed to be equal, or fix it themselves, (or kill off Rocktropia all together?)?

Agreed.

Oh you can TT them, but you do not get the residual value returned.

Wish i saw this warning before i bought 10 of each when i did the mission a while ago (thinking i'd need at least a few since so low tt to finish the whole The Thing mission). You buy them at the tt, so they cost you as usual the tt value. On trying to tt them back after finishing the mission, only then do you get warned that you won't get the tt value back.
Tt'd 2 of them at Port Atlantis Equipment Building tt, it's indeed so that you do NOT get the tt back.

what is their TT value and what does the Trade Terminal give you?

For pistol(L) and assault gun(L): 14 pec => 0 pec received.

Support case sent, response is ~ 'forwarded to design departm., looking into it'. (Considering they already knew a long time => :().

Last edited:
Gee guys

You must be the kind that asks the penny back at 9.99$ sale...

And hold the 10 ppl line till poor saleslady provides it :yay:

I.

Gee guys

You must be the kind that asks the penny back at 9.99$ sale...

And hold the 10 ppl line till poor saleslady provides it :yay:

It isn't the value that concerns me in this instance, it's the change in a fundamental aspect of Entropia - that an item acquired from TT (and equivalents, like the technician) can be returned to the TT for its listed remaining value.

Entropia requires a substantial amount of confidence in the system to operate properly and things like this decrease that confidence ever so slightly.

- Deathifier

It isn't the value that concerns me in this instance, it's the change in a fundamental aspect of Entropia - that an item acquired from TT (and equivalents, like the technician) can be returned to the TT for its listed remaining value.

Entropia requires a substantial amount of confidence in the system to operate properly and things like this decrease that confidence ever so slightly.

- Deathifier

ye that is for me only right.

and is not only what you buy from tt. the arctic items are also in the loot of the arctic mobs so you loot items with tt value but you cannot sell them and someone hunting high level thing creatures cant use them for that also.

is for confidence of system and for the land you hunt on important to have it right way.

- Deathifier
too true. If the 'promise' that the trade terminal value cannot be obtained on all items at any time, the promise that the ped is tied to the dollar in a 10 to one ratio is ever so slightly going away... Before long, down the slippery slope we slide and we'll all be holding the equivalent of gold in diablo iii and comparing the going rate of the pec to the linden.

Last edited:
I had the same issue, i bought around 30 of these guns, couldn't tt them so they are sitting in storage. This is really unacceptable as there is no warning.

Agreed.

Wish i saw this warning before i bought 10 of each when i did the mission a while ago (thinking i'd need at least a few since so low tt to finish the whole The Thing mission). You buy them at the tt, so they cost you as usual the tt value. On trying to tt them back after finishing the mission, only then do you get warned that you won't get the tt value back.
Tt'd 2 of them at Port Atlantis Equipment Building tt, it's indeed so that you do NOT get the tt back.

For pistol(L) and assault gun(L): 14 pec => 0 pec received.

Support case sent, response is ~ 'forwarded to design departm., looking into it'. (Considering they already knew a long time => :().

be glad you didnt buy the faps their 50pec = 0 pec recieved.

thought vu woulda fxed this, it didn't.

Back