Noob Wants To Craft

olz10

Guardian
Society
The Dung Kickers
olz hunter wyvern
I have tried mining and hunting but have ot yet tried crafting. Does anybody have any useful tips on starting to craft? Im looking to actually choose a proffesion and want to see how i get on with crafting. :)

Try to buy a basic filters BP, one with a higher QR, and some oil and lyst and be prepared to spend a lot of time in front of a crafting machine.

Once you have some skills move to a Standard dampers BP and skills some more until you unlock BPC - Blueprint Comprehension.

Try also to search EF for some threads regarding crafting tips, I sure did found many useful information here.

One more tip: be prepared to loose some ped on this :D

Good luck,
Sitram

I actually enjoy standing around clicking lol

+rep for the tip :)

One more tip: be prepared to loose some ped on this :D

One of the reason I like component craft is that, I know how much I'll lose (about 10-20% for sure). There's none of "damn, maybe this is my day for hof" or something. Just: "k, lets spend some ped and gain some skills". And sometimes that is just what i want ;)

P.S:
Alternative way instead of filters /dampers is to craft basic tubes as a newbie crafter. Next step in Metal eng prof is lvl IV standard plate. it"s cheap too and u can always say: "i"m not skilling on dampers - that"s too obvious" :D

sry for some vocabulary mistakes - english is not my native language ;p

One more thing regarding crafting. Low lvl BP's, like filters don't give you many skill gains, even if you have 0 skills. I did some 4k oil and lyst so far on filters and not gain many skills.

So if you are looking for a quick skill gain, try some high lvl BP's but expect to loose more PED.

Is "Basic processors" anything good to start with? :confused: Because i bought a BP with 82 QR, and i think i skill in a rather good speed.

(its 2xlyst, 1xmelch)

Basic processors BP is a bit expensive than Basic Filters BP because it uses 2 lyst and 1 Melchi and basic filters only 1lyst and 1 oil. But as far as I know, when I did a few short runs on that BP I gain way more skills than on Basic Filters BP.

If you're Basic Processors BP has a high QR then my advice is use that one and not Basic Filters BP,

Sitram

well it has 84.3

So should i go with it?

If you don't have any higher QR BP, then yes, my advice is go with it.

At 84.3 QR on a level I BP and zero skills you should already have the COS maxed. Go for it if you want a career in electronics.

the thing is, in the end i want to be able to craft attachment, but a lot of ppl tell me that it doesnt matter what i do until i get BPC, just to get BPC as cheap as possible. Is this true?

There is alot of speculation out there about several skills, and especially BPC. Some say it increases the minimum value of crafted items (on average). What we do know for certain is that it increases all of your engineering-related professional standings. These in turn increase your COS for non-SIB BPs, albiet extrememly slightly. How high your BPC has to get before it makes any appreciable difference is also a matter of some debate.

Personally, I believe that while skilling junk may be the fastest way to get there it may not be the most efficient. I find the Engineering bumps from mining to be far superior to the bumps from crafting dampers, and I tend to profit far more from mining than from skilling dampers. Also, a good career in hunting can fire up your LWT enough to give you 3-4 free levels in your Laser engineer professional standing. From there it is only 6 levels or so to BPC, less if you mine frequently also. Maybe spend a little change of a nice unlimited BP that makes limited items (Breer M1a/M2a, etc) and skill that. At least you can sell the products occasionally for a markup to offset your costs. Or just go the Jester D-1 route if you want to grind as if you were doing dampers.

While it is true that it is much more expensive PER CLICK to skill weapons, keep in mind that the products you recieve have a larger TT value in proportion, as are the size of the skill bumps. By skilling weapons instead of equipment, you may be able to accomplish the same goal for a whole lot less if you shoot things already.

My Weapons man skill is 113. My mech man skill is 560. My laser weapons engineering pro standing is still higher than my mechanical pro standing.

Also, it may be far cheaper in the long run to simply buy an attchment BP with a high QR and just start banging them out since you will already have a max COS anyway. Eventually if you stick with it you will hit BPC anyway just from making the attachments.

Last edited:
Good post Rival :)

I would just like to add:
There are many components that sell for markup, standard dampers isnt the only option.
While skilling crafting you get intelligence that you dont get hunting, what it does is obsucre too but it cant be bad ;)
Having skills to craft components and all the bp's you loot can be useful later on because many bp's require components.

As for the cost per click, it just means you will need a much bigger starting budget. To even out the loot you need to do as many clicks as possible, preferably a few thousand clicks each session.
When crafting dampers you can do 1k clicks for less than 100 ped, when crafting jester d1 you need over 1k peds for it.
If you have enough money in the long run it shouldnt matter, your expected loss will be the same more or less (depending on the markup for resources). But if your budget is limited then skilling the expensive bp's is more of a risk.

Thanks you for the good and very informative answers!

Well since i am a studying 18-year old with a bad income, i can't invest much. I can't think "i will save x money if i buy a larger stack", because i can afford to deposit enough. So i think i'll stick to dampers now, since i have a 100 QR bp and has already gotten up about 70 mechanics and 165 MME (i know that's not much). I have only deposited 20$ so, and i do not intend to deposit a lot.

But is there anytime when its possible to go + on dampers? :p I have never done that. Ok, i get back at least 75%, but still.

Should i still be clicking at full quantity? i have maybe 1.5 CM (lol) left until i have max CoS when i have full quantity.

Last edited:
Thanks you for the good and very informative answers!

Well since i am a studying 18-year old with a bad income, i can't invest much. I can't think "i will save x money if i buy a larger stack", because i can afford to deposit enough. So i think i'll stick to dampers now, since i have a 100 QR bp and has already gotten up about 70 mechanics and 165 MME (i know that's not much). I have only deposited 20$ so, and i do not intend to deposit a lot.

stick to dampers imo especially if you dont intend to "deposit alot". It takes time, cheap mats and moreso, patience.

But is there anytime when its possible to go + on dampers? :p I have never done that. Ok, i get back at least 75%, but still.

Yes there is a time its when you do longer runs with globals to off set ur regular loss...

Should i still be clicking at full quantity? i have maybe 1.5 CM (lol) left until i have max CoS when i have full quantity.

u can try to up the condition a bit and do a number of runs at that condition, Etopia post imo the best on CoS etc. Do a search and that should help answer some of your questions. There are a number of componants that crafters such as myself use, check them out like basic coils :) this could assist in your crafting carrier tho it will require much more capital to do runs...

Gl :p

Thanks for that post Ferdiad! I must say, learned a lot after hanging on these forums for like, 2 days =). So you mean that i could try and make some mechanical components (because that my profession) that i can actually sell for some markup aswell? Well yeah i guess if i get a good BP i can "trick" the game with markup, and not necessarily HAVE to go minus until i have X skill.

Basic Coils? Is that mechanical?

Last edited:
Basic Coils? Is that mechanical?

Lvl 2 mech yes :)

THere are other items which aren't as expensive but just a heads up and a gl to you:)

Fera

There is alot of speculation out there about several skills, and especially BPC. Some say it increases the minimum value of crafted items (on average). What we do know for certain is that it increases all of your engineering-related professional standings. These in turn increase your COS for non-SIB BPs, albiet extrememly slightly. How high your BPC has to get before it makes any appreciable difference is also a matter of some debate.

Personally, I believe that while skilling junk may be the fastest way to get there it may not be the most efficient. I find the Engineering bumps from mining to be far superior to the bumps from crafting dampers, and I tend to profit far more from mining than from skilling dampers. Also, a good career in hunting can fire up your LWT enough to give you 3-4 free levels in your Laser engineer professional standing. From there it is only 6 levels or so to BPC, less if you mine frequently also. Maybe spend a little change of a nice unlimited BP that makes limited items (Breer M1a/M2a, etc) and skill that. At least you can sell the products occasionally for a markup to offset your costs. Or just go the Jester D-1 route if you want to grind as if you were doing dampers.

While it is true that it is much more expensive PER CLICK to skill weapons, keep in mind that the products you recieve have a larger TT value in proportion, as are the size of the skill bumps. By skilling weapons instead of equipment, you may be able to accomplish the same goal for a whole lot less if you shoot things already.

My Weapons man skill is 113. My mech man skill is 560. My laser weapons engineering pro standing is still higher than my mechanical pro standing.

Also, it may be far cheaper in the long run to simply buy an attchment BP with a high QR and just start banging them out since you will already have a max COS anyway. Eventually if you stick with it you will hit BPC anyway just from making the attachments.
From what you say i understand that you get more skills if you craft a lvl1 bp with higher cost per click(jester d1) that a lvl3 bp whith lower cost per click(standard dampers)? It isn't that the higher the lvl for bp the more skills you get?
Please corect me if i'm wrong.

Back