Noob's Give away Event

Tango

Dominant
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Sierra Tango Sam
this is a event that i know many others have done in the past and it turned out great....

our goal is to help out the new arrivals that come off the ship and give them a chance at this very addictive game.

Me and my soc mates as well as other soc's are going to be giving away to fresh noobs armor, guns and other things to help them out on there first day and also to promote good will.

I know my good friends at PE ADDICTS have done this in the past and thats where I got this Idea from, it just needs to be done again...and besides, its the christmas season, so why not!

we have not set a date for this yet because we want positve feedback first to see how we all could contribute to this event and make it a sucess for all who come.

we'll of course need people to scan noobs as they come around to make sure there noobs.

lets all see what we can do to make this Christmas event work, shall we!

please define noob. Is it :
1) a player newly arrived

2)a player with low skills
a)only a few (hundred) total skills or less
b)no skills higher than level ?(2)
c)sweatgather skill counts (or doesn't) toward non-noobhood
These are just a few possibilities that I thought of. Please define so I and others can determine if we meet your definition of noob-hood.:laugh:

I Love It!!

:hug: I think it's a great idea!! When I was doing the "Freebies @ Billie's", most of those turned out great:cool: It allowed me to give back to the community and help players get a bit of a head start.
It was a great way to chat with newer players, answer their questions, and even unofficially mentor a few of them.

I'll see what I can gather to help out...
Best of Luck!!!

PS... not sure that greeting them right off the ship and giving items right away is the best idea... I know your heart is in the right place... most new players still need to get acclimated to the controls and learning how to chat and trade... not that they wouldn't appreciate the jesture... that's why I went to Billie's.... Figured PA is way too busy and Billies is usually the first TP on the list..

I beleive it is a nice thing to do:grouphug: A lot of beginners will appreciate this opportunity:cheer:. Should you need any assistance, do not hesitate to buzz me. :dance:

please define noob. Is it :
1) a player newly arrived

2)a player with low skills
a)only a few (hundred) total skills or less
b)no skills higher than level ?(2)
c)sweatgather skill counts (or doesn't) toward non-noobhood
These are just a few possibilities that I thought of. Please define so I and others can determine if we meet your definition of noob-hood.:laugh:

this is defintion of NOOB here

our goal is to help out the new arrivals that come off the ship and give them a chance at this very addictive game.

good idea :)

Good work on helping the new players.

If I were you, I wouldn't make the date/time publically known. If you do, there will no doubt be people who read it on here and set up a new ava or 6 to relieve you of your gifts. Better to do it unannounced, I think.

Good work on helping the new players.

If I were you, I wouldn't make the date/time publically known. If you do, there will no doubt be people who read it on here and set up a new ava or 6 to relieve you of your gifts. Better to do it unannounced, I think.

I agree... I figured that would be the case when I held my lil' events... I didn't want ppl taking advantage of the situation... So I got all the items together, made my way to Billies and then made the announcement of the EF and to my Friends ingame. 1 item per player while supplies last!!!

Best of Luck!!:)

ok Vix. that sounds like the plan then because your the best at this stuff and i was hopeing to get your attention on this event and would be great if you and your Soc would help on this.

THANK YOU! :)

Fyi- I got my started my new job yesterday :yay: , anyhow I drive Snow Plows and well, its snowing up here where I live so I'm now on the Night Crew for Highway Snow Removal so when i get home I sleep now during the day.

We are going to do this event , when?, I say around Christmas time or shortly before,I have contacted several Soc's for help and they agreed to help.

CRT (Calypso Rescue Team) is one of the biggist sponsers other then NBS to help with the event, I know I've contacted others but right now after being awake for 24 hours I just cant remember all the details, but they all will be listed and we thank you for your support on this event.

Hey Tango, I'm all the way behind you on this event, let me know what I can do to help.:)

awesome

so glad to see the giving spirit is not just for xmas and family

good idea tango i am 100% behind you

Sounds good mate.

I would of course be happy to come along and help out how ever I can.

Had you considered the possibility of a 'Noob Olympics' for an event to determine who gets the gifts. I can think of a number of events that would work:

Swimming
Running
Long Jump
Orienteering

You'd need to decide on Agility classes etc but it could be fun and help people learn about the game with a possibility of a prize at the end.

Just a thought,

Slappy

Glad to see your efforts here Tango ... this is something JSA enjoys doing each Xmas, and this is our 3rd giveaway event. This past weekend we had "Part 1" ... this coming weekend we will have "Part 2" ... and it's very organized in the way we handle it so that it can be as efficient as possible.

I understand Vixen78's concerns ... and while advertising an event like this always comes with those who might potentially exploit it by creating new avatars just to get the items, if we become too paranoid about this, we lose the spirit of the event and giving new players an opportunity to acquire a few things that will give them a start. I can tell you that the new players that participated in our event this past weekend that became a part of the "TP run to Phoenix" in order to engage in the running race, were all very genuine and excited to learn. We answered their questions along the way to Phoenix, and watched them shoot their first mobs with excitable comments in chat. I think if we become too overly concerned about people creating new accounts to exploit these events, we'll lose something in the process.

We set up a criteria for this event ... and in doing so, it helped moved it along quite nicely. Even though TOAST contributed a few things to our big prize packages for the races at Camp Phoenix, we do not solicit the community for items, but rather collect them over a period of time from hunting, or crafting them ourselves ... except for some of the items for the big prize packages, but those were few.

However, in your event Tango, it's nice to see the community coming together to support your effort in this great gesture toward helping new players. This is JSA's 3rd year doing this, so I know how much it takes to pull it off. Per your PM to me, if there's any way I can assist in helping make your event just as successful as ours was, please let me know. I am more than willing to donate some items toward giving more new players a start in EU as well.

As a sidenote ... the PA new arrivals area that JSA chose for their Xmas giveaway location worked quite well. It was away from the major hub around the TP and inner city area, and did not present any problems at all. Simon, the MA Guide, continued to be as helpful as always (along with others), and new players received a set of armor, a fap, a weapon w/ammo, and clothes to either start or continue their EU experience.

It was all a very pleasant experience, even with a couple who tried to get past the "Moonie Scanner" that qualified or disqualified individuals from participating, because one of those who tried (and perhaps as a joke), actually ended up being a cute part of our video. Nothing was scripted, and it all turned out to be quite a bit of fun. You never know what you'll end up capturing. :laugh:

It's a lot of work, BUT ... with the support of your socmates, as well as some awesome community members contributing their efforts, I see no reason why your event shouldn't be smashing as well. :D

Also ... if our weekend events don't clash, I'm more than happy to attend yours and collect footage to do a video for you. This way we can show the community the efforts of some to give back and help others. I'll also be doing an EU Blog entry about Xmas giveaways by the community, so I can add this to it as well, but will wait to do your video too and include that if you accept this offer.

And speaking of video ... a shamless plug that the JSA Xmas Giveaway Video has been posted. It gives a little idea of how "Part 1" went.

Lot's of success with this Tango ... and please let me know how I can help. I'll get with you again in PM to sort this out. ;)

WTG Slapnuts...great idea

Yes i agree with what Slapnuts has said, he came up with a great plan for this event,
so mindstar, we will pm you and tell what we've (me and slapnuts) came up with to do this, it will be a later date then what we talked about.;)

Way to go Tango! Good on ya! :thumbup:
Warmest wishes and GL with the event. :yay:

P.S. What Star said. :)

For sure nice idea, hope it help some new participants out and keeps them in the Entropia universe.

sorry wrong threat posted :p

Last edited:
Add me to the list of helpers if needed and I'll see if I can loot some things to give you :D

+rep for helping out the new guys & if i can help in anyway let me know :yay:

Great idea Tango! You already know that I'll help you out if I can:)
I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be good to help out the new players and give them an easier start.

Back