Noobs spawning without clothes?

narfi

Elite
Society
Lost Renegades
Narfi Hungry Willem
This morning two noobs spawned on Rocktropia with no clothes on them and none in their inventory or storage.

Has anyone been interacting with the new players on Calypso today that would know if this is just on Rocktropia or if its an issue on Calypso as well?

thanks,

narfi

I started yesterday with no clothes.

On a side note, I did some hunting yesterday and got up to level 1 laser sniper and 10 agility, but when I logged in again today all my skills were reset to 1, including some attributes I got from pub crawl and tp running and 100 daikiba mission :confused:

I have not seen any public statements that new players arent being given clothing anymore.

You should file a support case for that and your skills,

https://support.planetcalypso.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15086

hopefully they get the bug fixed, I can understand why it would cause more modest people, esp Females to quit the game if they start like that.

narfi

Last edited by a moderator:

On a side note, I did some hunting yesterday and got up to level 1 laser sniper and 10 agility, but when I logged in again today all my skills were reset to 1, including some attributes I got from pub crawl and tp running and 100 daikiba mission :confused:

That means the skill loss on logout bug is back apparently. This sucks man :(

I have also observed this phenomenon today. A newbie told me he started with nothing but his bare hands, not even clothes!

Maybe it's a move towards creating tougher, cold resistant newbies who can deal with Ice Age conditions, so we can send them as pioneers to the historic timezone on Next Island? :scratch2:

I say it was MAs plan all along.

Beer will arrive any minute now, just ask Marco, he waits eagerly for the shipment.

Last edited:
Hi.

At the moment i find two new players asking how have clothes or offer buy some. At first, i think they not know how look inventory and repair colonist clothes, but with this thread i see they have reason, no noob clothes forever or sometime.

If this is a bug i think will be fixed soon, but while time pass, can be a little business for people skilling tayloring with basic set clothes.

Greetings.

Do they have at least their VSK ?

Saw that earlier this week. Hasn't happened to me and I just started. Thought there was some sort of naturalist group on Calypso ;)

Have to start calling them n00d instead of n00b.

I saw a new player, who said he didnt have any clothes was strange & quite saddening :(.

Maybe if you donate some clothes to him you will not feel saddened any more :silly2:

yes.. and pixie armour and opalo with 10 peds of bullets, then he may be a happy man that won the sky :D

Full TT value for newbie cloths!!!

Hi.
At first, i think they not know how look inventory and repair colonist clothes.

Hello All,

All I'm going to say is that I see a lot of lots of newbies plain and simply don't wear cloths, its probably because of the fact that the colonist cloths issued to a new player look like shit, and this is because they are at minimum TT value. Okay ill admit that the colonist cloths look good when repaired to full TT, yellow and black is good mix of color's. :D

Now for what is want to say about a new player and his/her new/not so new colonist cloths.

Okay for a new player who is new to this world of calypso, should they not have a brand new set of cloths all ready to take on the new world? I'm sure the last thing a newbie wants is to have to repair there ugly colonist cloths, I'm well aware of the fact that it dose not cost that much to fully repair the colonist get up, but as i say, "New Game/player = New cloths" and in the end a new life, This should also include the colonist cap that you get for the swamp camp quest, don't remember the name of the quest but you all know what I'm talking about. :D

Thank you all for reading. :)

Last edited:
colonist cloths issued to a new player look like shit,
I kind of like the rough and meager texture quality of the n00b clothing before they fully are repaired. I kind of wish all clothes in EU did that sort of thing when the tt value on them went down. IRL people pay good money to buy brand new jeans with tears in them, shirts with bullet holes, etc. In EU you pay to not have that stuff...

I kind of like the rough and meager texture quality of the n00b clothing before they fully are repaired. I kind of wish all clothes in EU did that sort of thing when the tt value on them went down. IRL people pay good money to buy brand new jeans with tears in them, shirts with bullet holes, etc. In EU you pay to not have that stuff...

I think most all clothes show decay if under half repaired..... at least the ones I have do and some I keep that way as I like them better.

MindArk are aware of the problem, it will be fixed.

Pic or it didn't happen :D And are we going to get a insert picture button that links to the gallery?:confused:

Selling newbie outfit tt+1000 :D

I paid 80 ped round trip to spend the day yesterday at Rocktopia, just looking for nood noobs. Came away disappointed. Oh well.

/I know, I know.

I paid 80 ped round trip to spend the day yesterday at Rocktopia, just looking for nood noobs. Came away disappointed. Oh well.

/I know, I know.

LOL,

narfi

Is MindArk also aware of the skill-loss problem, and will that be fixed as well?

I for one would rather go nude and keep my skills than have tattered clothing but lose a day's worth of skills just for logging out.

Is MindArk also aware of the skill-loss problem, and will that be fixed as well?

I for one would rather go nude and keep my skills than have tattered clothing but lose a day's worth of skills just for logging out.
:eek:

thats a word and reason for MA to fix that :D

That is the gameplay according to the latest feedback from MA.

Dear FPC staff, could you also please comment on this. Rumours are getting stronger, screenshots have been posted, why would people lie? What's up with this skill loss issue that we keep hearing of more and more?

Is there some rule against FPC/MA staff responding to the lost skills issue? :scratch2:

We get two separate staff responding to the missing clothing issue, but nobody will touch the skills issue?!

At least a response "Hey, we hear you, but we aren't allowed to respond," would be greatly appreciated.

Back