Normandie Radio goes silent

An observation from the video in the OP that I don't think has been mentioned yet. At 5:30 there's a sudden jump in Mandie's health bar - from about 60% full to about 20%. So it seems that it took them longer to take down than the video suggests.

Anyone who wants to see for themselves might wanna forward to 3:30 to cut through all the "hey look at us, we're flying in formation in space" crap.

we could not show the entire battle due to some private information being released.
therefore Aeris did a great job on montaging the visual captures together.

Last edited:
Hello people :)

This was an awesome fight and embarrassingly enough I have to confess I was one of the gunners on Mandie and alas any pirate that came within range got shot (hence me shooting down Aeris).

I do think I had had a wine but that normally makes me a better gunner :O

Anyway it was very kind of Stagger to arrange his band of merry men and Gardener - incidentally Gardner, are you actually a gardner? I like gardens, they have grass and plants and things (TV sets in Aeris case) and sometimes nice little ponds with wooden bridges and gnomes with fishing rods, I often wonder what the gnomes are called so I like to make names for them myself and pretend they have a whole social network going on and trade with each other stuff like dandelions, I digress...

It was kind of Stagger to help the Mandie crew develop and learn where any weaknesses are, what doesn’t kill (and loot) you makes you stronger :)

I truly look forward being part of the most consistent and strongest fleet in space.

Sasha

Oh yeah...... :whistle::smirk:

was most probs at the point all of the pirates said holy s**t stagger we need alot more lazer cells as its burning a hole faster in my ped balance than a morning after a vindaloo ...

they wasted alot of ped for nothing .. they got there fingers burned and walked away with nothing ... only a bit of glory hunt hunting .. what i can add to this is what 2 of the normandies better quad pilots were not on board at this point or the pirate loss count would have been alot higher.. usein the floor in the motherships guns is under handed tactics.

so you claimed you looted 100's of ped .. if this had happend there would have been screen shots of it just to rub it in ..there has been non supplied and as i was in team speak at the time ..all was asked if they had been looted for anything ... i think perhaps the only 100s of anything that got looted may have been dung which we all carry in space ...

as for silence'in Normandie radio .. this will never happen as we buy our station stream from a external provider for internet radio stations that cover royalties and all legal requriements for us to broadcast over the internet .

perhaps the title needs to have been

"WE took down the normandie usein a known mothership flaw "

regards

was most probs at the point all of the pirates said holy s**t stagger we need alot more lazer cells as its burning a hole faster in my ped balance than a morning after a vindaloo ...

they wasted alot of ped for nothing .. they got there fingers burned and walked away with nothing ... only a bit of glory hunt hunting .. what i can add to this is what 2 of the normandies better quad pilots were not on board at this point or the pirate loss count would have been alot higher.. usein the floor in the motherships guns is under handed tactics.

so you claimed you looted 100's of ped .. if this had happend there would have been screen shots of it just to rub it in ..there has been non supplied and as i was in team speak at the time ..all was asked if they had been looted for anything ... i think perhaps the only 100s of anything that got looted may have been dung which we all carry in space ...

as for silence'in Normandie radio .. this will never happen as we buy our station stream from a external provider for internet radio stations that cover royalties and all legal requriements for us to broadcast over the internet .

perhaps the title needs to have been

"WE took down the normandie usein a known mothership flaw "

regards

you are suffering from the illusion of power

Can you pls use Paint or Photoshop to cover all the "important pirate top secret information" and show us all the peds looted?

I'm curious too :)

To many targets to chose 1

:yup: was fun shooting some of your pirate mates :ahh: pity is we havent have an army of quads to exit Normandie and enjoy quad vs quad fights ....

I hate this

IM FLOTING NEAR NEXT ISLAND SPACE STATION !!!!!!! WHY THE HECK MA DONT REPAIRE THE REVIVE TERMINA GRRRRRRRRR :mad:

just out of curiousity,how much ped did it take to take the nm down ?

Well, paid or not, you're still a crew!

It's funny for someone to say "Ooooh, you suck because you got other people to help because you can't take the ship by yourself!" if that one ship has a dozen or so people crewing and defending it! :D A crew is a crew, whether it's on one ship or spread across a dozen ships.

Also, most of us pirates are as good friends as you guys on the Normandie are; we fly together, we fight together, we train together, we laugh and carry on together; we're a loosely fitting crew, and most of us would have taken on this battle regardless. :)

{removed}

What a load of nuts..... Did you take payment? If so then why say you'd have done it regardless? If its about the battle and principle i'd think all of you should hand your payments back to Stagger cos all i can see and hear is that it was a hell of a costly night in space for ONLY the pirates!

P.s. You say you stick together and fight together in space? Is this not what stagger and DrPaddo did when they were friends of Normandie then saught out a quick buck and back stabbed a few ppl on thier way home? IMO you are all pirates by every sense of the word and i would not trust any of your so called friends further than you can throw your house!!

ALL FACT!

Last edited by a moderator:
{removed}

What a load of nuts..... Did you take payment? If so then why say you'd have done it regardless? If its about the battle and principle i'd think all of you should hand your payments back to Stagger cos all i can see and hear is that it was a hell of a costly night in space for ONLY the pirates!

P.s. You say you stick together and fight together in space? Is this not what stagger and DrPaddo did when they were friends of Normandie then saught out a quick buck and back stabbed a few ppl on thier way home? IMO you are all pirates by every sense of the word and i would not trust any of your so called friends further than you can throw your house!!

ALL FACT!

am in your teamspeak server right now,
ready to discuss this post.

thanks for letting us know how you really feel, former-buddy-with-his-mask ;)

Oficial Anouncement !!! ( sorry for my bad english btw )

GL to all the players wish me an ATH lol cuz i need 1 :eyecrazy:

Last edited:
Just my twopennyworth here,

I wasnt there when the battle occurred so Im not gonna comment on that one, neither am I going to slag off or slate anyone here, as I dont know many of the players involved outside of the Normandie Crew...but what I will say is that the lead title on this post is a crock!!!

FACT: Normandie Radio DID NOT and WILL NOT go silent in the event of the Normandie MS being taken down, as it is run on an external server and is therefore not affected by in game play!!! This I know to be fact because the radio operations are run from mine and Mel Bosshart's home, and we organised the set up of the stream.

I am not one to get involved in slanging matches with people, I am here to have fun, but what I do is sit and observe.......and it seems to me that some people in game do not like the fact that Normandie Radio has taken off and has obtained as many listeners and supporters as it has. I observed a conversation yesterday at PA where it was announced that a certain radio station owner had put a bounty on the Normandie, paying for pirates to take it down. If this is true then it would seem to me that said person cant handle a little competition.....EU like real life is all about choices....we chose to run the radio station, and crew the normandie, the pirates chose to go into space and attack ships, those who travel in space chose to take stackables along.....but most importantly the listeners have the CHOICE of which radio station they listen to.......they are all adults and are perfectly capable of deciding which station they tune into and anyone who feels the need to influence this by causing mayhem and disruption needs to grow up!

All I want to do is play eu, hang with my friends and play the music I (and I hope our listeners) enjoy....live and let live people!

Man, you totally missed the boat.

"Normandie Radio goes silent" is a metaphor of the event which took placed, nobody is saying the radio actually went silent, lol.

Hello people :)

This was an awesome fight and embarrassingly enough I have to confess I was one of the gunners on Mandie and alas any pirate that came within range got shot (hence me shooting down Aeris).

I do think I had had a wine but that normally makes me a better gunner :O

Anyway it was very kind of Stagger to arrange his band of merry men and Gardener - incidentally Gardner, are you actually a gardner? I like gardens, they have grass and plants and things (TV sets in Aeris case) and sometimes nice little ponds with wooden bridges and gnomes with fishing rods, I often wonder what the gnomes are called so I like to make names for them myself and pretend they have a whole social network going on and trade with each other stuff like dandelions, I digress...

It was kind of Stagger to help the Mandie crew develop and learn where any weaknesses are, what doesn’t kill (and loot) you makes you stronger :)

I truly look forward being part of the most consistent and strongest fleet in space.

Sasha

The only time Aeris was shot down, was when she was there with Stagger before everyone else arrived, preventing you guys from initiating warp. (again, check the video, the rest of us were nowhere to be seen at that point) And Aeris's main task was filming the battle from start to finish..... once the rest of us arrived, that was it, you guys didn't know WHAT to shoot. :D

And yes, they do have secret social networks, how do you think the TV go delivered to Aeris' lawn? The gnomes were about to watch the big game. :D

An observation from the video in the OP that I don't think has been mentioned yet. At 5:30 there's a sudden jump in Mandie's health bar - from about 60% full to about 20%. So it seems that it took them longer to take down than the video suggests.

Anyone who wants to see for themselves might wanna forward to 3:30 to cut through all the "hey look at us, we're flying in formation in space" crap.

The battle itself lasted maybe 3-5 minutes?

The hardest and longest part of the entire battle was waiting on the edge of space, out of sight, for the "Go!"

I beg to differ,
To anyone reading this thread for the first time it implies that the radio station was silenced.......if that wasnt the intention why mention Normandie Radio at all.....after all it is associated with, not part of, the Normandie MS

Or is that what certain parties within EU want people to think, because they cant take healthy competition????

:yup: was fun shooting some of your pirate mates :ahh: pity is we havent have an army of quads to exit Normandie and enjoy quad vs quad fights ....

..... and honestly, that's exactly what you need, an army of 'experienced' combat pilots in quads; because your ship gunners can't shoot the broadside of a planet. :p

Gardener i need to make ped so i can play the game,i dont need an army of pilots :)
Il not join any of pirates or pilots or organization's of space....im not wiling to depo anymore for a period of time cuz in RL im out of job from this day....cuz they have stop payng the employes so SPACE MEANS PED AND PED MEAN'S DEPO....

..... and honestly, that's exactly what you need, an army of 'experienced' combat pilots in quads; because your ship gunners can't shoot the broadside of a planet. :p

The battle itself lasted maybe 3-5 minutes?
Well there'd be no question mark in your statement if the whole of this minor incident had been on film, but unfortunately that elusive secret pirate stuff that .stagger seemed fairly displeased that I'd dismissed as nothing means we'll never know. :laugh:

Rumor has it that there were total expenses of around 2k ped involved in taking Normandie down :cool:

lol? the only way for you to know is if i told sash that.
you know, the thing that sucks so badly jbk. is that you use other people to aquire information from me.
letting them act like friends being all kind.. then they pass you any information which could be relative to your plan.

i know enough, am slowly filtering out my contacts
sooner or later my friendlist will be cleared from you assholes

oh and i do feel pushed now to say..
that even thou normandie was aware that we Nebula Virus were going to do a big strike on them.
they still were not able to prepare themselfs against it.
even thou the battle took place 2 hours after they were made aware..

and another mole out of our system ^^

Gardener i need to make ped so i can play the game,i dont need an army of pilots :)
Il not join any of pirates or pilots or organization's of space....im not wiling to depo anymore for a period of time cuz in RL im out of job from this day....cuz they have stop payng the employes so SPACE MEANS PED AND PED MEAN'S DEPO....
Goodluck finding yourself alternative employment IRL, Cristy. Hope to see you manning PP in the near future, bud.

TY

wish you luck to :) and ty

Goodluck finding yourself alternative employment IRL, Cristy. Hope to see you manning PP in the near future, bud.

you know, the thing that sucks so badly jbk. is that you use other people to aquire information from me.
letting them act like friends being all kind.. then they pass you any information which could be relative to your plan.

oh and i do feel pushed now to say..
that even thou normandie was aware that we Nebula Virus were going to do a big strike on them.
they still were not able to prepare themselfs against it.
even thou the battle took place 2 hours after they were made aware..

and another mole out of our system ^^

The funny thing is if i asked other mothership / privateer owners to assist the Normandie in a flight some would do it gladly for free - but for 2k peds i probably could launch a whole fleet of motherships/privateers to any point in space to surprise some pirates just for fun and with the same amount of possible loot you guys were able to aquire.
I dont need to sent people to aquire informations from you - you keep running around telling everyone what you want to do and i get input from all over the universe about it. I guess thats the advantage if being one of the 'good guys' ;)

From this day il stop working on normandie i dont wanna ofence nobody...im waiting for MA to Revive me on NI space station cuz im floting and have pass like 1 hour now....but what i wanna say is i have make some calculation and i have lost alot of ped.... and im not the tipe of player to depo big cash in game....what im tryng to say is il mind my busnis in this UNIVERS and from this day il be a freelancer.....but for now il wait MA to revive ME and il go to a soc Terminal and exit TITANS OF SPACE !!! im not joining the pirates if is what you guys think ;) il mind my own lil busnis to make some ped in my way...so gl guys with the space war gl JBK with your future plans gl stagger gl crew pirates etc....:smoke:

are you losing your members on this one John Black Knight?
perhaps you should be a proper captain like me, and just pay the workers what they have right on!

PEOPE YOU ALL SLAVES FOR JOHN BLACK KNIGHT
HE EARNS PEDS OFF YOUR HARD WORK TO FUND ANOTHER NEW MOTHERSHIP
its no problem thou.. he won't be giving you guys ammo to shoot the pirates attacking HIS ship.
so your pedcards will sooner or later run out, or you will all see that JBK IS A SLAVEDRIVER!

hey.. atleast i made sure that the people who came to the event i was supposed to host,
all turned out in profit on their pedcard after it.
even thou it took a little minus peds off my card, i just feel like you had to die JBK.

Rot. I already figured out that same total myself, independantly, just by adding up the boasts I'd heard about profit...profit which could only have come from your payments :laugh:

The morale of the story?
Don't ever let Stagger tell you privileged information, if you like to think he's your friend. He will turn on you for supposedly divulging it. No wonder these rat packs fall apart so fast! :laugh:

jay :)

It was a fun video to see, but reading about all this animosity and fingerpointing in this thread just saddens the whole experience.

Thumbs up for sinking the titanic

Thumbs down for the "trash talk"

{removed}

ALL FACT!

Hey, if you want to go ahead and throw every person in the same personality pot because of something someone else might have done, go right ahead! Sure, maybe one of the pirates will end up getting paid by someone to shoot me down, that won't make me any less friends with them; that's just how the game is played. Hell, if someone is silly enough to pay them for it and they tell me about it, I'll let them shoot me down, lol. It seems to me, that a lot of Entropians have trouble separating friends from PvP combat; you ever notice that a lot of friends play Call of Duty, or Battlefield, shooting each other to sin and trash talking one another? But then, once the fight is over, everyone laughs and carries on with other and that it's just another game? Yeah, that's how Entropia is for me and that's generally how pirates behave. Some of us are in it for profit, some of us are in it for fun, but in the end its just another game to play, win or lose.

Moving on, one of my stated goals from my first week in Entropia even before I met Stagger and before I was officially flying in space, I heard about the "invincible" Normandie and that set the bar for me, because in my eyes that was the only real challenge Entropia provided; everything else about this game is success based purely on how much $ you invest, not on any sort of learned skills or any sense of balance. In space, however, this is not true; with a very minor investment ~everyone~ is equal, and the only thing that differentiates people ~are~ their actual flight and combat skills. And the Normandie, a ship that "could not be taken down" by pirates, owned by a player, heavily armed, filled with an experienced crew, now there's a challenge to sink my teeth into. And it just so happens Stagger and the crew provided the opportunity to make good on that challenge. I wouldn't have missed it for the world and paid myself far more than Stagger did for the opportunity to see it happen (unfortunately, I didn't use near as much ammo as I was hoping it would take and the battle itself lasted only minutes, so there's plenty of ammo left for drifters in space). I also told Stagger if he did this without me I would haunt him for the rest of my Entropian life, lol.
That said, now that we've defeated the highest level boss and won the game, I'm not sure what else Entropia has to offer me except a social network. Though, I still do have the yearning to see a massive scale battle between multiple motherships and dozens of quads..... so, there may be yet another challenge to overcome which may take some heavy investing in the future. Can you picture it? Multiple pirate motherships patrolling the depths of space, armed from teeth to briches with a compliment of quads all of their own, sporting the Jolly Roger..... willing and able to not only take down passing ships, but intercepting motherships at a moment's notice.... that's how I envision my Entropian future, and when I get bored enough, I'll be more than willing to make that happen. ;)

As for the payment, I'll keep it? Why not? It was offered. However, you're talking to someone who deposits strictly for ammo, fun, and PvP space combat, not for profit ..... any loot I win, goes directly back into the game as ammo (or oil as the case may be). First and foremost, I am here to fight in space, not because I expect there to be returns. The day I expect Entropia to earn a profit, or even break even for me, will be the day I lose my mind, lol. This is a big ol' playground, not a business. And if you're trying to play a game like a business in my playground, well, that's your folly, not mine. :D

Until another game can provide what Entropia does at the quality and level it does, I will continue to make space one shade darker as a pirate, picking fights with both those who want to fight and those who want to run, as one offers combat training and the other offers evasive target training.

Yarrrrr!!!!! :D

Back