Nostalgia: An attempt!

Society
Freelancer
CptKARA - Starbuck- THRACE
Heya fellow Entropians!

Following some of the discussions here in the Forum, I though it would not be a bad idea to collect some imagery (screenshots, videos, etc) from the days of Project Entropia. No, this is not an "ahhh yeah, the good old days" thread, just a genuine and honest attempt to keep the history of Entropia a bit alive. So please, don't bash me for this!

Anyway, there might be attempts like this already out there, and maybe far better ones, but I give it a try. You can check it out here, on my Starbuck's Entropia blog:

http://newscienceportal.com/EU/Gallery_PE

Unfortunately, this is my very own personal blog-engine, so I am the only one allowed to edit and add. Sorry for that. Also, it is not very flexible (but allows me to do what I want to do, namely baseline blogging). Maybe I will code some more functionality inside. In any case, what I would like to ask now officially is whether anyone has some nice pictures/videos from the times before VU 10 to CE2 (i.e. from 2003-2009), and is willing to share them with the public?

I, and surely many of the older players (I played with another avatar back then), would really very much appreciate. Also, all stories or thoughts from these times are welcome. Let's get together and write a History of Entropia, or at least keep some of its history alive!

If you want to make a contribution, just reply here, or contact me.

Thank you very much in advance. Again, I very much appreciate!

-Starbuck-

if you can read diz youre not one of us.
P.S. You will DIE
HUMAN SCUM

if you can read diz youre not one of us.
P.S. You will DIE
HUMAN SCUM

Hehehe, many thanks there! I'll update the caption! ;-)

Sent you a mail with a large collection of PE clothes pics from july 2003.

Sent you a mail with a large collection of PE clothes pics from july 2003.

Thanks so very much, Loco!!! I don't know what to say! I got the mail, and are about to reply! Thanks for all of it, it's just awesome!!!

;-)

-Starbuck-

take a look through some of the older members galleries. there should be a lot of them out there. i especially recommend PEC and oil art pics :)

Happy to share some old-ish Project Entropia vids here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1CCFD078463D244E

I expect there is a huge amount of olds screenies out there from older players.

Thanks a lot, Steveyneo! I very much appreciate. I received a lot of old imagery so far, and need to rethink a bit the presentation on my blog, with the idea to make now a dedicated page (the short name might be "Nostalgia Project"). Working on it right now. And of-very-course, I will link to those old clips on YT.

Thanks again for your contribution! Loads of memories, indeed ;-)

-Starbuck-

take a look through some of the older members galleries. there should be a lot of them out there. i especially recommend PEC and oil art pics :)

Thanks a bunch, Pretender! Also here, big appreciation!!! I did already take a brief look at those. The only problem is, I am not sure about the copyright. I cannot just rip them off and put them on my site. But surely, I will link to some of those galleries there.

So, thanks again for the hint. We'll see how far things go. I didn't know how much I enjoy looking at all those old stuff ... yeah, that's how it started ;-)

-Starbuck-

You should post a link to gamer chick. That's a must for nostalgia!

Whow!

Now I'm immortal! Thx a lot!

Have fun!

PS: Will check for more old stuff. Should have the complete old soundtrack somewhere on one of my HD's ... You could add a "juke box revived" ;-)

i love browsing my old pics :ahh:

my first hof

my first beacon

there was this claim a swiss mountain event

my first coloring event ..

opening my shop

We need pet pics :yay:

I remember always strawling by the little exo farm at Twin Peaks whenever I was there.
The strangest site ever.

Can't remember which VU it was when the pets came along, but it turned everyone into crazy cuddling and whipping avas.

I think if you rank our nostalgia points the pets will come very high on that list.
They are the best embodyment of the PE nostalgia I can think of.

You should post a link to gamer chick. That's a must for nostalgia!

Hehehe, have to check this out, as I don't know this one. But sure, I'll do that! In the next few days (during a little vacation), I will make a dedicated page on my Blog, as there is already loads and loads of material. I'll post for sure a link here once it's up and running.

Cheers, and let's get "Project Nostalgia" started (I think the name is right, with an eye on "Project Entropia", but I am not sure yet)!

-Starbuck-

Whow!

Now I'm immortal! Thx a lot!

Have fun!

PS: Will check for more old stuff. Should have the complete old soundtrack somewhere on one of my HD's ... You could add a "juke box revived" ;-)

Hehehe, my pleasure! And thanks again so very much for these memory-intense imagery!!!

Yes, a playlist with old soundtracks is on the list as well! Gosh, so much material (did not really think that this idea will create that much feedback LOL) ... writing in the next few days on a dedicated page on my blog. Depending on how big the collection becomes, I might even consider a dedicated subdomain on my server. Seems there is a lot of material out there, and people appreciate this look back.

I'll keep you updated about the progress. And thanks again a big bunch!!!

-Starbuck-

i love browsing my old pics :ahh:

my first hof

Ohhhhhh ... GREAT!!! Thanks a lot for these!!! If you are fine with it, I put them on the "Project Nostalgia" page as well. Of course, updates will be posted here as soon as they come along. I am working on it the next few days!

LOL, and during my old times I never had actually a HOF. Nice to see how it looked like LOL! Cheers for that!

-Starbuck-

We need pet pics :yay:

I remember always strawling by the little exo farm at Twin Peaks whenever I was there.
The strangest site ever.

Can't remember which VU it was when the pets came along, but it turned everyone into crazy cuddling and whipping avas.

I think if you rank our nostalgia points the pets will come very high on that list.
They are the best embodyment of the PE nostalgia I can think of.

Absolutely agree there, Loco! I might have some screenshots with pets ... at least I remember having taken some (as far back as '05), because I was so excited about the whole virtual reality thing (LOL, funny side note: It never came to my mind at this time that things might change ... and here we are, some years later ...). But then, with several HD crashes in between, I am not sure to still have them. I'll take a look ...

Updates as they come along! And thanks a big bunch again for the amazing pics ;-))

-Starbuck-

Hehehe, have to check this out, as I don't know this one. But sure, I'll do that! In the next few days (during a little vacation), I will make a dedicated page on my Blog, as there is already loads and loads of material. I'll post for sure a link here once it's up and running.

Cheers, and let's get "Project Nostalgia" started (I think the name is right, with an eye on "Project Entropia", but I am not sure yet)!

-Starbuck-

Ahh, you don't know it? Here's a link than:

you wanted pets:

those are not so friendly:

and my own personal farm:
(thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?169397-New-Proffession-RANCHER&highlight=)
stable_1.jpg

mewiththebunch.jpg

takingaride2.jpg

outride.jpg

Ahh, you don't know it? Here's a link than:

Cheers ;-)

Watching right after some cat-business here (27 of them around me, and they want fooooooooood) LOL

Update: Done! AWESOME clip ;-)

KK, seems next days I need to work hardcore on getting the site up and running. So much to show already! Cheers to all of you ;-)

-Starbuck-

Last edited:

Oh, the old terminals :<

showimage.php

Some of the Real Old Haunts in the middle of no where that you could find on the tp runs.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=37194&catid=member&imageuser=5364

Some Proper loot and one of my first ever globals and so very special ;)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=48940&catid=member&imageuser=5364

Hunting with a maddoxiv when you didn't need the skills to use it ;)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=36803&c=22

Looting a space ship drop and getting either the 50 ped or if you were lucky a robot beacon ;)

showimage.php

Some of the Real Old Haunts in the middle of no where that you could find on the tp runs.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=37194&catid=member&imageuser=5364

Some Proper loot and one of my first ever globals and so very special ;)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=48940&catid=member&imageuser=5364

Hunting with a maddoxiv when you didn't need the skills to use it ;)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=36803&c=22

Looting a space ship drop and getting either the 50 ped or if you were lucky a robot beacon ;)

Hehehe, thanks a big bunch there, Sal. If you don't mind, I'll put them on the "Project Nostalgia" page as well. Currently I am preparing it, so should be online soon (give to take a few days).

Thanks again ;-)

-Starbuck-

Dated but not to old:)
Marber SGA loot:)

you wanted pets:

Aww, Smitty and Jenny. :) Miss them. :cry:

Here's a pic of Jenny, when she also was a member of SRC, heh.

Old style flying. :D Can't remember anymore where that huge tower was located.

Thanks so much there, for all the contributions! You guys rock, really!!! Seems I am much slower here LOL

Anyway, a brief update: I wrote today a dedicated page (which does now occupy a whole subdomain on my server, so there's room for a lot). It's a simple home-brewn CMS, but should do the trick. Tomorrow I will then start to fill it up with content! Of course, I will post then the link here :rolleyes:

-Starbuck-

Marco the noob (at the time avatars started with 20 in each attrib except for 9 in stamina)

Movie Awards (Prize: Terminator)

Marco invokes the blessings of Lootius at the 2005 Movie Competition Award Ceremony

Old school component skilling / global

Awesome loot window (my first hunting global; a bery old)

Back when SOOTOs and beacons were cool

Another awesome bery loot from the days when MF chip levels were descriptive instead of numerals

The "GSI" (generic skill implant) before it was renamed to "ESI" and came in sizes (the GSI had ~0 pec tt iirc)

Movie Awards (Prize: Terminator)

Really? A Terminator? And so many people contributed? Gosh ... I mean, wow. The last time I saw so many in one spot was like ... at SkyCorp's DryProt Party. No price there, just the pride after sweating a Proteron LOL

Anyway, cheers for those! Hehehe, and GZ for your late Global there! Tomorrow I will put these images on the site, so stay tuned for a link! :D

-Starbuck-

Old school MF effects and apartments

Drone Madness at Nate (first robot event-- POE introduced as the prize. Pre shared loot mobs so they could (and did) get turretted, but would last long enough to revive kill you, leading to quite a mess at the RT)

Mid 2006: (L) is launched with the immensely popular Korss line of handguns, among others. The H400 would drop from feffs and bristlehogs and it's a wonder the feffs didn't go extinct.
This was also a time when it was possible, with determination, to loot yourself a full set of the lesser UL armors (most of them up to gremlin). It was just a matter of knowing which mobs to hunt (the true glory days of entropedia)...
"Hunting lots of bristles. Dreaming bristles. Eating bristle steak."

2006 also brought ore amps, and forever changed crafting and mining

Artefacts in the old maps

Taming went through some phases...

Old-school storage actually held snable snot refills (little known fact ;)

VU 8.6 morphed the molisks into bobbleheads.(Look at soc chat response) IIRC that was also the infamous PhysX VU that brought sliding and rubber-banding issues. It also saw the igni reduced to insect size:

At that time, you could target yourself if you switched quickly from fap

R.I.P. umbras :(

RIP tant plateau :( ("Poor-man's CP")
Coolness
Global 1
Global 2
Avoidance (featuring the new professional level advancement swirlies--not too long before this we could only guess at pro standing because only skills were shown)
MDA
Wounding and, last but not least...
20070815-EU-Unlocks-CombatSense.gif

20071213-EU-VU9.1-Tantillionskin.jpg
The skin finally dropped in VU 9.1 at the end of 2007

R.I.P. tant plateau :(

The end of 2006 brought us ammo in loot, which took MA forever to get sorted.

oils showed up, too

Before the mob regen buff, fun events like this were possible

2007 Brought us insanely high loot multipliers

R.I.P. taming :(
20070722-TamingDaikibaStalkers.jpg

Last edited:
Back