Not enough RAM for Update 10.5

JaKst3r

Prowler
Society
cK Coat Killers
Intalled update and now im getting not enough RAM messages as soon as i get past the loading screens even tho no other apps running and 3GB still being recognised.

Anyone else getting this?

Any ideas lol

Now saying server with avatar location is down instead getting better(ish). :)

Last edited:
Well this is bad news then for me as I only have 2GB to start with on my PC. I was thinking on getting the other 2GB guess it will be sooner then I thought now. I'm at work and can't see if I will have any trouble yet...I hope not.

Last edited:
I’ve got the same message too and I choose to ignore it and after a while disappeared.:D

its not better...

Since this problem in this order;

I have changed RAM completely, error persists.

I have completely removed, downloaded, reinstalled and repatched EU, error persists.

I have updated all my graphics drivers , error persists.

I have tested with Crysis which ran fine on high settings.

Still getting out of memory immediately after login.

Any ideas?

(i have sent a support case but figure theyre asleep now)

I had the error previously, but removing and completely reinstalling Entropia fixed the problem.

I only have just over 2GB of RAM. No issues involving it. But for me after the update it said my graphics card did not meet the rquirements. But after closing and starting the client loader that went away and I`m back to meeting th erquirements. Now my problem is I can`t log in. It says "{missing o corrupt files" Then I try again and it tells me :your avatar is already logged in". Try again and the cycle repeats. I sent a support case before I go ahead and uninstall and reinstall EU which took me 3 days to get it right just a few weeks ago. They really botched something in this update.

I am having issues with memory not recognized.

The client loader shows only 1 gig, it has always shown this, before and after the cry engine.

It shows everything else as being ok to play.

My comp sees 2 gigs
All other games I have that shows specs see 2 gigs.
I can run crysis pretty well but not EU.

I have tried the X86 fix etc...

I am planning on some upgrades to the comp to play at a higher level but only if I can get this issue resolved first, no reason to upgrade if it wont be seen.

Any ideas??

f**k that, just ignore it.
OR increase page file. It should be @ 1.5 times the ram you have minimum

I had to install entropia from the original 10.0. As if I was a new player. and The link for 10.3 doesn't even work. I cant update

I have only 2 gigs of ram and do get thjis message as well.

BUT..

the only time I get this is when I am in twin peaks and there are more then 15 avas there at once. It tells me to lower the ava quality to reserve some mem. I of course ignore it and go on with buisness just fine.

Check what you have your ava quality at, if you have an uber system and it is maxed and you happened to log in a town where many players may be at once I spose this could cause isses.

BTW there are two lines you can add to the settings-ce file that tell it specificly what your system memory (ram) is and your video ram to make sure its not just genericly set by the devs. That may help as well.

PM me and I will be glad to tell you what to add to the file to do this.

I have only 2 gigs of ram and do get thjis message as well.

BUT..

the only time I get this is when I am in twin peaks and there are more then 15 avas there at once. It tells me to lower the ava quality to reserve some mem. I of course ignore it and go on with buisness just fine.

Check what you have your ava quality at, if you have an uber system and it is maxed and you happened to log in a town where many players may be at once I spose this could cause isses.

BTW there are two lines you can add to the settings-ce file that tell it specificly what your system memory (ram) is and your video ram to make sure its not just genericly set by the devs. That may help as well.

PM me and I will be glad to tell you what to add to the file to do this.

Thanks.. I am running XP, Nvidia GTX 295 and 3GB of RAM. I dont get a warning message - it just jumps straight to this error after i have put gcard info:

I was low on HDD resources by the looks of it so i have cleared up 65GB free (35% total from 14% previously), reset the Virtual page file resources to 3072 - 4084 MB and am just defragging before I try again..

Support have answered and were trying to work it out. I still want them to move my ava as i got a sneaky feeling its something to do with the Service Center im trying to log into lol?!

p.s. Ive also tried loggin in under Safe mode and with audio disabled with same error result.

Well this is bad news then for me as I only have 2GB to start with on my PC. I was thinking on getting the other 2GB guess it will be sooner then I thought now. I'm at work and can't see if I will have any trouble yet...I hope not.

Just for notes...Windows XP will only recognize a max of 3 Gigs memory...even if you install 2 x 2G memory.

I suggest 2 x 1 Gig and 2 x 512 MB memory sticks to total 3 Gigs for a smooth operation.

I`m really not in a hurry to upgrade to a new computer and this works fine for me at the moment.

Thanks.. I am running XP, Nvidia GTX 295 and 3GB of RAM. I dont get a warning message - it just jumps straight to this error after i have put gcard info:

I was low on HDD resources by the looks of it so i have cleared up 65GB free (35% total from 14% previously), reset the Virtual page file resources to 3072 - 4084 MB and am just defragging before I try again..

Support have answered and were trying to work it out. I still want them to move my ava as i got a sneaky feeling its something to do with the Service Center im trying to log into lol?!

p.s. Ive also tried loggin in under Safe mode and with audio disabled with same error result.

Definately something to do with a corrupt file I'd say. I had the exact same message. After half a dozen replies from support they finally told me to reinstall entropia. That's what fixed it for me. Having someone else log in and move my avatar also helped for me until I went back to the same location.

Jak

What OS do you have? There is a memory variable in the Boot.ini file that you can tweak to tell your machine to use mre memory. I believe it is adding the /PAE switch to the end of the Operating systems entry line.

GL

Roy

Back