News: Notice

Status
Just posting to say how much I disagree with this "notice"

All this does is hurt Entropia Universe and weaken its investment power....

I hope 'my government' doesn't do something stupid in the future and completely destroy the value of my Entropia account.... yikes, not sure who decided this move, very stupid. This will harm the product long term.

Don't forget to ban and block all countries that supports and cheers this war as well.

I am an Entropian fighting the robot invasion of Calypso. If you want to drop 10K PED into my avatar account MA, and maybe a few uber weapons and armour, it would certainly help me fight the current aggressive robot invasion. Thanks :)

Just a reminder; while moderation of the "Real-world Controversial Discussion" rule will obviously be more lax in this thread due to the subject matter (and I understand that emotional levels may be high), other forum rules still apply. Personal disputes, insults, flaming, flamebaiting, racism, wishing or threatening death on others, etc will not be tolerated.

Posts violating these rules will be removed. Repeated (or more severe) violations of these rules will result in a temporary or permanent ban, depending on severity.

Also, please try to stay on topic.

Just a reminder; while moderation of the "Real-world Controversial Discussion" rule will obviously be more lax in this thread due to the subject matter (and I understand that emotional levels may be high), other forum rules still apply. Personal disputes, insults, flaming, flamebaiting, racism, wishing or threatening death on others, etc will not be tolerated.

Posts violating these rules will be removed. Repeated (or more severe) violations of these rules will result in a temporary or permanent ban, depending on severity.

Also, please try to stay on topic.
lock the thread ffs, it will just generate even more hate between community.

This is a good point. Not a fan of comparing Russians to Jews in 1939, but these extra discriminations towards Russian civilians under the guise of "sanctions" could also lead to them supporting war if they feel the world is against them.
100% on point.

Lock the thread. I would hate to have this game become untenable more than it is.

Well i hope they calculate the risk because when you hit and take side you will surely be targeted too so thats make all our account at risk now ,war is sad but russia don't do war alone and many country are involved now and have interest that the war last...don't fall to war propaganda or your kids gonna kill others kids for false pretext... no one bomb for nothing ...the people don't follow. Note ,this choice gonna impact all your mu item price ect ect .... So i hope they think good for us. Mindark take side its fine i accept it, but this mesure just put oil on fire in my opinion and i just have to not deposit
To stay neutral.

Well i hope they calculate the risk because when you hit and take side you will surely be targeted too so thats make all our account at risk now ,war is sad but russia don't do war alone and many country are involved now and have interest that the war last...don't fall to war propaganda or your kids gonna kill others kids for false pretext... no one bomb for nothing ...the people don't follow. Note ,this choice gonna impact all your mu item price ect ect .... So i hope they think good for us. Mindark take side its fine i accept it, but this mesure just put oil on fire in my opinion and i just have to not deposit
To stay neutral.
Our accounts have always been at risk. Risk of bans, risk of game collapse, risk of global banking collapse, risk of war, etc. Nothing has changed..and in this case MA has little option but to take this route, the rest of the banking world set the stage, Mindark is simply following suit. I think they genuinely care as can be seen by the donation...but they did not take an anti Russian stance. Or all the accounts would be locked and in game assets seized. If the world decides to bank with russia again, I suspect mindark will as well.

I am Russian and it is very unpleasant for me that politics has come into such a long-existing game ... I do not support the politics of my government, but who cares at the moment ... I agree with those who believe that in this situation, investing in EU is risky an investment ... but I consider what is happening to be a robbery under a plausible pretext !!! No war!!!

Like many of you, MindArk is saddened and angered by the unjustified and unlawful Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The MindArk PE AB Board of Directors has therefore decided to indefinitely suspend all financial transactions to and from Russia. This includes disabling of new accounts from Russia, as well as deposits to and withdrawals from Entropia Universe by persons and/or entities located in Russia.
Great news especially for 2.5 million of Ukrainians living in Russia currently. How can this help Ukraine btw?

As others have said, MA's hands are or will be further tied by the sanctions going on (and obviously justified when a government is in that kind of state), so there's not much point in pointing the finger at MA. They need to protect the game. For those in Russia, their ped just can't leave the game for now, so it's not like investments are gone.

First of all, I am against all forms of violence. Secondly, I do not take part in arguements before hearing both sides of a story.
And without taking sides, and remaining objective and neutral...

Why do the PEOPLE of Russia have to pay for their government's actions?

I thought POLITICS was FORBIDDEN TOPIC on this FORUM ?

PlanetCalypsoForum Rules​

3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion
Discussion of real world politics, nationalism, religion, war, or other similarly controversial topics is NOT permitted or appropriate for this forum. PlanetCalypsoForum, as the game, is a global community with players from many different countries around the world. Discussion of such topics often disrupts the forum community. Therefore, refrain from starting or participating in any such discussions, as they will be deleted from the forum without notice.

Is Entropia, and thus Mindark, a game for all people? Or do you have to be of a certain political conviction to participate?

fuck this.

why do you blame your russian players, is it any of their fault that putin started a war?
did you also ban others, when their armies illegally invaded foreign countries? hypocrisy at its best!

that said ... STOP WARS ... nothing more to say

Last edited:
I was hoping that MA would stay out of politics since EU is a niche game and bringing politics into it would achieve absolutely nothing, nothing good that is (donations aside), but here we are. And what's the point of turning PCF into a platform for political debate? This is a game where people come to relax and enjoy spending their time and money.

As others have said, MA's hands are or will be further tied by the sanctions going on (and obviously justified when a government is in that kind of state), so there's not much point in pointing the finger at MA. They need to protect the game. For those in Russia, their ped just can't leave the game for now, so it's not like investments are gone.
We don’t take kindly to that kind of rational thinking around here mate /s

all joking aside, this 100%. It’s not a punishment of Russian people, but sadly collateral damage from the actions of their government, MA aren’t the ones to be angry at.

We don’t take kindly to that kind of rational thinking around here mate /s

all joking aside, this 100%. It’s not a punishment of Russian people, but sadly collateral damage from the actions of their government, MA aren’t the ones to be angry at.

Nobody is responsible for your actions but yourself. Clearly MA is punishing the russian players for their government's actions.
This is an action of MA, a choice of MA, and hence their personal responsability.
Unless their hand is forced by higher powers?

I am the first person to support refugees and victims of war. But I'll never discriminate an entire population for their government's actions.

Nobody is responsible for your actions but yourself. Clearly MA is punishing the russian players for their government's actions.
This is an action of MA, a choice of MA, and hence their personal responsability.
Unless their hand is forced by higher powers?

I am the first person to support refugees and victims of war. But I'll never discriminate an entire population for their government's actions.

sippenhaft wasn't forbidden for no reason. this isn't the stone age anymore, but actions like these put more fuel into an already horrible fire.

if MA were cool, they'd have done BTC deposits and withdrawals already ages ago.
the MA we know, locks people out and even cancels payment channels, instead of looking for more options, to be as inclusive as possible. way to go!

fuck this.

why do you blame your russian players, is it any of their fault that putin started a war?
did you also ban others, when their armies illegally invaded foreign countries? hypocrisy at its best!

that said ... STOP WARS ... nothing more to say

MA, when will you IP-ban players from the USA for invading a country and killing thousands of civilians every couple of years?

Needless to say, it isn't the fault of the inhabitants of the USA that many countries have been, and are currently being bombed by the USA. Neither is it the fault of the Russian population of what is happening today. Please be kind to people who already live in a difficult country.

Stopping wars begins with yourself,
at stopping all forms of aggression,
that includes discrimination.

Last edited:
If you haven't been paying to attention world events (also be sure to read Ludvig's posts on forum rules above), there is a thing called sanctions against Russia that pretty much all international companies are having to deal with if they did any business with Russia. MA is no different. Generally, the people are expected to keep their government in check, especially for extreme actions like this, and that's where sanctions come into play if that process fails because you can't neatly separate people/government. If someone wants to learn more about that, there's plenty of reading nowadays between news, newspapers, etc., so that doesn't really need to be rehashed on the forums here.

If there's no de-escalation in Ukraine, sanctions aren't really going away, and MA has to do the same as practically every other company out there. MA has no control over government actions whether instigating war or imposing sanctions, so if someone wants to complain to someone, MA definitely isn't the one to be pointing fingers at.

MA has no control over government actions whether instigating war or imposing sanctions, so if someone wants to complain to someone, MA definitely isn't the one to be pointing fingers that.

MA did not state that the actions they are taking, were asked or forced upon them by any government at all.

On the contrary:

Notice​

Like many of you, MindArk is saddened and angered by the unjustified and unlawful Russian invasion of Ukraine.
The MindArk PE AB Board of Directors has therefore decided to...

MA did not state that the actions they are taking, were asked or forced upon them by any government at all.

On the contrary:
Yup, many boards of directors are having to decide how to comply with sanctions and banking restrictions and be careful of potentially gray areas. Again, there's plenty of reading off-forum if you want to learn about sanctions whether with the EU or Sweden specifically and how they would apply to a company that has financial dealings with Russia.

Yup, many boards of directors are having to decide how to comply with sanctions and banking restrictions. Again, there's plenty of reading off-forum if you want to learn about sanctions whether with the EU or Sweden specifically and how they would apply to a company that has financial dealings with Russia.

I am aware of what you are saying.
The tone of the message could have been different from MA's side, for instance:

To comply with current international regulations we can no longer accept transactions from and to accounts from players in Russia.
Our heart goes out to ALL victims of war.

I'll never discriminate an entire population for their government's actions.
Naomi, PLEASE try to understand what I write here.

This isn't the historically standard bigotry we're seeing. There's no "Oh now we hate all those evil Russian people". This is "When your gov't stops this bullshit, we'll be happy to re-establish relations with you, but until then, we can't sanction our money going into their hands".

This is by all accounts a war of money, not of bullets. And in that kind of war, you can't just take the leader's personal money, because they'll just use the "government's" money. So you have to reduce the money power of the government's tax payers, which means their people.
Yes it sucks on every level, but honestly, I hope this kind of warfare results in simply a few rough weeks for some folks vs thousands/millions dead.

Once Putin stops his bullshit, all this will stop and we can go back to normal.
And like i said, don't point to other wars. This kind of warfare is really a brand new thing, and TBH, I hope it stops ALL future wars. (it won't, but I can dream)

Good move Mindark!
Anyway Russian people cant use international payment systems so its not changing anything, exept creation of new avatars in fact !

Maybe the 140M russian people will start realize something is going wrong and do something when they wont be able to purchase or do anything

And like i said, don't point to other wars. This kind of warfare is really a brand new thing, and TBH, I hope it stops ALL future wars. (it won't, but I can dream)
I'll echo all that and mention whatboutism is something that Russia has been regularly employing in this war and is something to be on guard for. That and both-sides-isms, or "all" sides become propaganda and have been readily documented with Russia in the lead up to sanctions. Both are used to distract from what Bertha said in the OP of "the unjustified and unlawful Russian invasion of Ukraine" by making it seem like this is just like any other war and not something that's to such an extreme degree we haven't seen since WWII by many accounts. That is why we're even seeing impacts in our little corner of the internet world. That's also why MA cannot be tone-deaf and the Bertha post is quite balanced actually.

Last edited:
And you think denying russians entropia accounts is going to change that? This is a clear example of higher ups being effected by social media propaganda and making a change like this just to get some posi vibes xD
No I think a people that can watch thier government do this, should not be able to participate in any activity with the rest of the world. How can anyone sit and play video games or worry about earning money, while these atrocities are being done in your name. How can the rest of the world allow it?

Status
Back