NRF Log Sharing - Ok, I coded it I hope you find it useful

The site is down for a day, so bump this up in case people come to the forum to find out why.

Site still down? Got a data file I want to upload, so I can get this monster and analyze it myself ;).

Must try this.

Ok, so I upload a database that covers about ~2k finds, get the link, and it won't let me download it? Keeps saying the website doesn't exist, wth? Half the time I try to load any of the pages, it keeps telling me the website itself is down, or doesn't exist, or is an invalid URL, and when I use the key I got from the upload to go to the analysis part, nothing works - doesn't let me click anything (or it simply isn't reading my mouse clicks)...

:confused::confused::confused:

Ok, so I upload a database that covers about ~2k finds, get the link, and it won't let me download it? Keeps saying the website doesn't exist, wth? Half the time I try to load any of the pages, it keeps telling me the website itself is down, or doesn't exist, or is an invalid URL, and when I use the key I got from the upload to go to the analysis part, nothing works - doesn't let me click anything (or it simply isn't reading my mouse clicks)...

:confused::confused::confused:

He must not have changed the links for things to accommodate his new host and address.

Think so... new message that states something about random FTP errors... ah well, hope it gets fixed soon. I only have one more upload worth of data before I have to spend some time mining, and would like to get an active download link this time... added ~2.9k mining finds from those two uploads I tried, lol.

Also made one upload and didn`t get the file
got this page instead:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Hey sorry you guys for the troubles. Don't worry, I'll take care of you and PM you links to stuff and new keys if needed.

I did test it last night before announcing that the site was back up, but I will test it again by deleting some of my own claims and uploading my own log a few times.

UPDATE: Yup, there was one line of code still pointing to the domain of the old site I was hosting this with using a re-direct. It was the line that generates the link to the file. Sorry about that.

I tested it last night, but once I saw the link I assumed everything was working properly. Guess I should have clicked the link. Its fixed now and I will be PMing dentX and Sunab a link to the most recent file.

I am not finding any problems with the links for the Analysis pages.

END UPDATE

Last technical note: I work for a Windows shop so everything I code is made for IE. It does sound like we've got some problems with my code, but in the future if you can use IE you might find things work that don't with Firefox or other browsers.

Koister, the host I use is http://www.easycgi.com I think. It's between $8 & $10 / month depending on whether you pay month to month or a year at a time. It's not the very cheapest, but their control panel allows for just about everything to be set by you without having to wait on their support to make changes and except for the 4 day downtime on this site, I've found their support to be excellent.

Last edited:
Ah, cause I was gonna say. You should check out http://www.bluehost.com

Cpanel :)

Has quite amazing features. And is $8 a month if you pay for a year. Or $7 a month for 2 years.

Cool idea.

I R N00b miner (only started mining this week), have to get NRF and have a play, then make 100 claims.
Probably just add 100 useless (Tinys) to the pool.

Guess I am one of those leeches, but you can't start at the top :p

Cool idea.

I R N00b miner (only started mining this week), have to get NRF and have a play, then make 100 claims.
Probably just add 100 useless (Tinys) to the pool.

Guess I am one of those leeches, but you can't start at the top :p

Tiny's aren't useless. They show where big claims havn't been found :p

Valid Records: 4329 Invalid Records: 76 Duplicate Records: 0

Let's give it a whirl and +rep for initiative ;)

Valid Records: 4329 Invalid Records: 76 Duplicate Records: 0

Let's give it a whirl and +rep for initiative ;)

Wow, 36,455 now!

How much longer til we find NRF becomes inoperable due to data overload?!

Seriously, I am thinking about ways to allow people to filter their results better. In the meantime, keep in mind that most database apps (i.e. Access or if you have your own MySQL database somewhere) easily import CSV so you can start filtering on your own before I'm able to provide something. Excel sort of works, but I find it tries to format the date fields and then won't format them back to anything NRF will use.

I also find that once I get the latest import loaded and a map populated with green dots, I can then make use of the Analysis pages to select a region of the map and get information about types, depths, and sizes much more quickly than trying to zoom in with NRF. In other words, try using NRF and the Analysis pages together.

GL! I hope everyone is finding some new spots. I certainly have. :)

Wow, 36,455 now!

How much longer til we find NRF becomes inoperable due to data overload?!

Seriously, I am thinking about ways to allow people to filter their results better. In the meantime, keep in mind that most database apps (i.e. Access or if you have your own MySQL database somewhere) easily import CSV so you can start filtering on your own before I'm able to provide something. Excel sort of works, but I find it tries to format the date fields and then won't format them back to anything NRF will use.

I also find that once I get the latest import loaded and a map populated with green dots, I can then make use of the Analysis pages to select a region of the map and get information about types, depths, and sizes much more quickly than trying to zoom in with NRF. In other words, try using NRF and the Analysis pages together.

GL! I hope everyone is finding some new spots. I certainly have. :)

Why not do this instead :p

Someone make a new and improved nrf which if you want it to, connects to the db and uploads your stuff automaticly etc :p

cant seem to export my database, NRF crashes if i choose dateformat, but not if i use NRF-default, too big database ? it's currently at 24,4MB

cant seem to export my database, NRF crashes if i choose dateformat, but not if i use NRF-default, too big database ? it's currently at 24,4MB

I'm guessing 'yes' it is the size.

Or maybe you've got some screwy dates that it chokes on when you try to use the 2nd date format.

I'm curious, are those all claims or do you record your misses too?

The only thing I can suggest in order to determine if it is a size issue is that you export your whole record set in the format that does not crash.... Export it as csv. Then open that file with notepad and hack it down to about 1/4th the size. Then reimport that back to NRF. Then try again and see if you still get errors. That should at least tell you if its a size thing.

24MB NRF log, wow, that's got my attention! Hope you can figure it out.

Why not do this instead :p

Someone make a new and improved nrf which if you want it to, connects to the db and uploads your stuff automaticly etc :p

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mining/111165-new-tool-miners.html

See the link above. Bear wrote a new one that I think is better than NRF. We talked about having his program work with the NRF log share, but I think we're both too busy in RL to coordinate.

Also, the thing that NRF offers that is most valuable is the OCR capability. I've never done any of that sort of programming and as long as NRF still works for that purpose, I'm not too inclined to learn. Even if you don't have it working at game time, you can get your screenies then upload all your claims using the NRF Batch Processor after you log off.

I'm guessing 'yes' it is the size.

Or maybe you've got some screwy dates that it chokes on when you try to use the 2nd date format.

I'm curious, are those all claims or do you record your misses too?

The only thing I can suggest in order to determine if it is a size issue is that you export your whole record set in the format that does not crash.... Export it as csv. Then open that file with notepad and hack it down to about 1/4th the size. Then reimport that back to NRF. Then try again and see if you still get errors. That should at least tell you if its a size thing.

24MB NRF log, wow, that's got my attention! Hope you can figure it out.

Yeah i record everything =)
Why dont you add support for unix time instead? a quick google gives me a couple of codesnippets for asp =)

Yeah i record everything =)
Why dont you add support for unix time instead? a quick google gives me a couple of codesnippets for asp =)

Sorry for the delay Jehfvel. Darned RL keeps getting in the way of my fun!

Actually it's ASP.NET, but your point is still valid. I originally chose the other date format because it required no extra code to convert that string to a datetime value. But it took all of two line of code (which I did grab off a post I found using google) to make the Unix format work as well.

So now it will accept either format. However the code change was a lot easier than updating my Instructions page, so for now I'm not advertising it.

Now let's see if your 24MB file chokes the web site like it did your NRF! It shouldn't 'time out' but you may be waiting a while for the processing to complete.

blu

Can barely... load... database...

Seriously, it takes me a good 2~3 minutes to load the entire database, and then another 30+ seconds inbetween each movement and/or type of resource lookup (checking the box... waiting 30 seconds... and then it removes them/adds them to the map!).

Perhaps look at now sorting it into a bunch of mini-databases, such as:

Ore
Enmat

And then sub-divide into: (in order of size ;))

Amethera
Eudoria
CND

Yes, I can see this being very complex and annoying, having to download multiple databases (looking at at least 6 to download) but IMO, that would be a HELLUVA lot better than having a 50k+ claim map for Amethera which chokes even a high-end machine. (also easier for those specific miners {I'm only an ore/enmat miner, I'm only doing Amethera/CND/Eudoria, no need for the other databases, etc})

p.s. - can you also have a feature where it automatically saves all database "dots (radius)" at around 20m size? It's a bit annoying to have every size from 1m to 50m lol.

i get a connection reset trying to upload it..
any size limits on the webserver ?

I'll check Jehfvel, but I almost could have guessed that was going to happen.

Sunab, I can hook you up with something that is sort of manually. I will do so later, but yes, I need to code something better.

Keep in mind I did not write NRF, so I can't change how that works, only what you load into it.

Another suggestion for now, cuz this is what I do, is to put in that time waiting for NRF to load so I can at least see where there are green dots. But then I use the Analysis pages on the website to click and drag areas of interest. That way I can find out what is in the area, and what sizes and depths have been recorded in the past.

But I will come up with some more stuff on the site. Thanks for the feedback.

Some time yesterday somebody uploaded 100 or so new records and pushed the total over 40,000! So I'm BUMPing to celebrate that mark.

Over the past couple of weeks the database has grown slowly. Actually, it's working as I had hoped... it seems every few days someone adds approximately 100 new records, which I bet are people returning to add some more new records of their own, so they can get the latest. I do the same myself.

But I truthfully didn't expect it to be seeded with thousands of records at the start, so in that sense it's worked better than I ever imagined!

Maybe after this bump I'll let this post fade away and mining spots will become something of a secret again (except for those that know about the log sharing site), but the 40k mark motivated me to bump again in case some new EU users / NRF fans still haven't had a chance to share and share alike. :)

I'm pretty sure I fixed the Analysis pages to work with Firefox as well as IE! Try 'em out!

Account for uploading files?

So, I am ready to upload my log of mining locations. It was a bit of challenge to find the upload page, but then it said that I have to have an account - and here I gave up after trying for an hour. How the hell do I create an account there for uploading?

By the way, great tool, i quite like it. great work!

Tryed to upload my logs, but got this message:
Line: 3 - Position: 250 - The 'radius' element is invalid - The value '54.5' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:integer' - The string '54.5' is not a valid Integer value.
Since many finders have radius with a decimal I would sugest the application shouldn't expect an integer value there. ;)

Bump for over 50k records! :yay:

Sorry for bumping this old thread but the file i got when i uploaded my entries only contained around 22000 entries. Why is that so?

Back