NRF - No Resource Found - Mining/Skilling App

1. Delete last input button. Ie i press 1 to get a drop, and i notice i havent ran far enough.. press 3 to delete it and keep running. etc.
Or you could make a check coords button that you press and it shows up for a few seconds on your map then goes away again.

Yes that would be cool! I occasionally use the maps in NRF to check my position in relation to the place on the map (revisiting recent claims, making maps, ...). It would be great to have a positiion check option in NRF without showing a fake drop in the mining log.

BTW: Hey Legion! ;-)

i have been using NRF since i started mining, great app :)

only prob i have ever really encountered was when MA changed the way text rendered, but i have since then found a workaround

what else i would love to see added although unlikely that you will add it ;P

When doing a miningrun, check what is dropped ore/enmatter bombs and then compare that to the average loot which you also check the markups on via that website i never can remember the name of, and then calculate if the run was profitable and such, and then also record at what time a specific area was profitable to mine and so on.. you get the picture i guess :D

The only thing I'd like to add so far is separate hotkeys for different ore and enmatter finders so i can keep better track of my hits on specific finders and eventually amps. I can change it in the settings but if I alternate ore an enmatter I don't really want to change it each time.

ok yet another thing i want added ;P

I want to be able to link certain runs and also name them by what area i'm in or sort runs by coords. ie i want to be able to see which runs i did in this particular area and then for example link the last 3 runs i did so i can see where i been getting hits and where not. also i want to be able to toggle the dropped bombs/drills for the run i'm doing now and NOT show them in the old runs, ie i want to see where to drop bombs the run before so i dont drop bombs in the same spot again ;D

*edit* just noticed that this kinda already been asked for i think, maybe not as precise as my wish though. But to get more votes on that i'll explain WHY i want this ;P

Lat day at 16.00 i was mining this spot and it's quite a small spot. Came back again just to test if it respanwed and sure there was some ore there but i got a lot of skillgains so i decided to wait until the morning to come back again.. and now at 11.00 i was there again and voila.. new ore again..

BUT what i did notice was that the ores i found now was the ones i didnt find ore in before :p

so run 1 was like this (x= miss o= hit
run 1 xxoxxxooxxxo
run 2 xoxxxoxxoxxx
run 3 oxxooxxoxoxx

so ie the spots i hadent found anything in before was the spots i did find stuff in now :D

Last edited:
Some stuff i'd like added.

1. Delete last input button. Ie i press 1 to get a drop, and i notice i havent ran far enough.. press 3 to delete it and keep running. etc.
Or you could make a check coords button that you press and it shows up for a few seconds on your map then goes away again.

Make ores green by default and all enmatter blue.

I had a similar idea. Consider it added to the list. It is a function I could really use as well.

Yes that would be cool! I occasionally use the maps in NRF to check my position in relation to the place on the map (revisiting recent claims, making maps, ...). It would be great to have a positiion check option in NRF without showing a fake drop in the mining log.

BTW: Hey Legion! ;-)

I think this has been asked for before. I will recheck the wishlist.

what else i would love to see added although unlikely that you will add it ;P

When doing a miningrun, check what is dropped ore/enmatter bombs and then compare that to the average loot which you also check the markups on via that website i never can remember the name of, and then calculate if the run was profitable and such, and then also record at what time a specific area was profitable to mine and so on.. you get the picture i guess :D

I have code on our website ( webbased reporting ) that already does this. It would require NRF to have more extensive reporting functionality. More on that at the bottom of this poast.

The only thing I'd like to add so far is separate hotkeys for different ore and enmatter finders so i can keep better track of my hits on specific finders and eventually amps. I can change it in the settings but if I alternate ore an enmatter I don't really want to change it each time.

Is request and on the wishlist. A work arround is having 2 folders with NRF, both NRF version with unique hotkeys. One for ores, one for enmatters.

ok yet another thing i want added ;P

I want to be able to link certain runs and also name them by what area i'm in or sort runs by coords. ie i want to be able to see which runs i did in this particular area and then for example link the last 3 runs i did so i can see where i been getting hits and where not. also i want to be able to toggle the dropped bombs/drills for the run i'm doing now and NOT show them in the old runs, ie i want to see where to drop bombs the run before so i dont drop bombs in the same spot again ;D

*edit* just noticed that this kinda already been asked for i think, maybe not as precise as my wish though. But to get more votes on that i'll explain WHY i want this ;P
As you said, is requested.

As for progress on NRF..

1. The update will come, but there is less pressure as there seems to be no problems with the new VU.

2. There will be a second project coming, packaged with NRF, that will take over the mapping of ore finds. NRF's mapview will be reduced to a mere indication while running, while the new project will do more extensive reports on the finds. This is a schoolproject for someone, and I will cooperate support him being able to load and save mining logs, as well as start directly from within NRF. I will not remove an functionality from NRF, but won't add any to the mapping either. I hope this second project can fulfill many wishing for the charting of finds on the map.

3. There have been several requests to cooperate with NRF and help program for the project. So far I declined all requests.
However...
When thinking and being honest, I am not sure if I can bring up the hours I used to for the project in the upcoming future. Lately I havent worked on it alot either, not since I got ingame display working in my tests.
So I am considering several options atm like giving the project on to another reliable person and only work on it in the background, or take the management of the team developement into my own hands, and only check the code before releasing it as a security measure.
As the last update was long ago, I will first use my time to work on the update, then on starting some selection procedure for a new main programmer, or start on a procedure to select a few trusty programmers to work on it. As I notice in other projects I work on, there arent many willing people that are truely dedicated, so that is another problem. Most don't really have the time, though they might want to.
So this is something I still got to think about for a while. But it is pretty sure something will change on the developement side to improve the current developement speed. No need to PM me about it ATM though.

Thanks for the update Squee!

Can't parse deposit

Usign NRF both for skills and for mining - great app really.
However, I can't parse a deposit. NRF just can't parse the screen shoot (which looks OK to me). Am I the only one with this problem?

/Ole

Usign NRF both for skills and for mining - great app really.
However, I can't parse a deposit. NRF just can't parse the screen shoot (which looks OK to me). Am I the only one with this problem?

/Ole

i think it could be due to colors and such, check the website about bugs or the manual. I had a similar problem some time ago if i remember correct.

i think it could be due to colors and such, check the website about bugs or the manual. I had a similar problem some time ago if i remember correct.

Thanks Legion.

I tried, but no success. I changed the colors and the "sensitivity", still the same.
/MrOle

Thanks Legion.

I tried, but no success. I changed the colors and the "sensitivity", still the same.
/MrOle

Try it with a 1024x768 resolution. If it is screen resolution related, it should work in 1024x768. Some widescreen resolutions put the text on the deeds, slightly higher then in other resolutions. I have seen one or two ppl that really had a driver configuration problem. But that is very rare.

There have been some reports about 16bit resolutions. So if your not running 32bit, you might want to confirm its not this problem.

There have been some reports about vista needed extra rights. Might want to try that. Go back one or two pages for that solution.

What has happen, its seems like your homepage dont work anymore...
Hope U will get it up and running soon :)

Regards
/Droid

yep, site is down - "no dbserver"
2 hours ago everything was ok

I was attempting an update at that moment. It run's automatic but the database server is the only thing that doesnt automatically reboot. The update failed and ended bad, and the server is completely down now.

I was attempting an update at that moment. It run's automatic but the database server is the only thing that doesnt automatically reboot. The update failed and ended bad, and the server is completely down now.

Ouch, GL resolving things

Can't parse deposit

Try it with a 1024x768 resolution. If it is screen resolution related, it should work in 1024x768. Some widescreen resolutions put the text on the deeds, slightly higher then in other resolutions. I have seen one or two ppl that really had a driver configuration problem. But that is very rare.

There have been some reports about 16bit resolutions. So if your not running 32bit, you might want to confirm its not this problem.

There have been some reports about vista needed extra rights. Might want to try that. Go back one or two pages for that solution.

Thanks Squee.
Tried that but no success. I'm running 32 bit. I'm using XP. The strange is that both skills and boms works nice.

did the recent update change the way text was rendered?

i can get NRF to see the "p" coords and record them, but not the find coords/type/size.

anyone else having this prob?

Unsure about how to use NRF

Sorry about this rather noobish question but its my first time using nrf.

I've already installed nrf and set eu to run in wind 2000 mode.

The hotkeys settings are:

Found deposits : num 0
Bomb or drill drop : num 1
Skills : num 3
Parse and upload: num 9

I've also read the mannual in nrf site and well, don't really understand what I;m supposed to press while mining to record my runs.

Am i supposed to press 1 everytime I drop a probe? And at which instant should I press 1? After the probe explodes and my finder shows no resourse found or before it explodes?

And i should press 0 only if i find resources?? At which point of time should i press it?

And what does skills and parse and upload do? When do i press them?

Yeah, that are my current questions:)
Will appreciate prompt replies as I'm gonna go mining later lol.:wtg:

i can get NRF to see the "p" coords and record them, but not the find coords/type/size.

well something has happend.. i have to change the %slider quite often now it seems to get depos to stick.

well something has happend.. i have to change the %slider quite often now it seems to get depos to stick.

I wouldn't know what changed.. It all works here with 2k or Vista.. Either of you updates drivers? Just wondering... MrOle seems to have the same problem.. So far I have no explanation for this.

Sorry about this rather noobish question but its my first time using nrf.

I've already installed nrf and set eu to run in wind 2000 mode.

The hotkeys settings are:

Found deposits : num 0
Bomb or drill drop : num 1
Skills : num 3
Parse and upload: num 9

I've also read the mannual in nrf site and well, don't really understand what I;m supposed to press while mining to record my runs.

Am i supposed to press 1 everytime I drop a probe? And at which instant should I press 1? After the probe explodes and my finder shows no resourse found or before it explodes?

And i should press 0 only if i find resources?? At which point of time should i press it?

And what does skills and parse and upload do? When do i press them?

Yeah, that are my current questions:)
Will appreciate prompt replies as I'm gonna go mining later lol.:wtg:

You might want to check your Color Settings first..
Then check this page from the point it says "go mining".

--

I have already fixed some known bugs and have added some features to align the text on screen correctly. Also considering to use some time to write some kind of "wizard" to help configure NRF.

Well i'm always using the latest drivers.. ofcourse :D

ok today my nrf is totally whacko :( i only get a few 0 in the log and i tried to change every possible settning to fix it but nothing seems to help :(

any ideeas?

I can't get program to record screenshots, coordinates, show skills or anything. I followed the additional directions. I have windows vista 32bit, I have everything check to run in compatibility mode for xp sp2. I really would like to find a program that works well with vista. Maybe I did something wrong, I have tried opening program before/after running EU and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

I can't get program to record screenshots, coordinates, show skills or anything. I followed the additional directions. I have windows vista 32bit, I have everything check to run in compatibility mode for xp sp2. I really would like to find a program that works well with vista. Maybe I did something wrong, I have tried opening program before/after running EU and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't used vista, so can't comment on that, but... in order to make NRF work under XP, you have to enable win2k compatibility mode, not xp. That might be your problem.

Just a thought, are the problems on machines that don't have shader 3? I have two machines, the one which makes the new PE graphics look like crap won't parse in nrf any more either. The one with better graphics still works fine. :scratch2:

I haven't used vista, so can't comment on that, but... in order to make NRF work under XP, you have to enable win2k compatibility mode, not xp. That might be your problem.

I tried this and it still doesn't work, not sure what to do about it.

Just a thought, are the problems on machines that don't have shader 3? I have two machines, the one which makes the new PE graphics look like crap won't parse in nrf any more either. The one with better graphics still works fine. :scratch2:

I run in the lowest GFX I can, and NRF work for my under Vista and 2K. I do this because when I use shaders, within 2 hours my whole system crashes. PA, Twin and Argus as much faster this way too :)

But its a nice point, and I will add the quality of EU to the list to test for the minor NRF update.

I tried this and it still doesn't work, not sure what to do about it.

Walk through this question list, and if mentioned, PM me where you end up. It will ask you questions and based on your answers give you a possible solution or tell you to contact me. If you PM me, please tell me what you last question was so I have a clue what is going on. It basically walks you through the configuration step by step.

Any idea when the fix for the Explosive Projectile Weaponry Technol... will come?

Also it might be nice to have enmatter and ore finds mapped in a different colour.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

Is it possible to export only the most recent skills to CSV instead of the entire log?

Also it might be nice to have enmatter and ore finds mapped in a different colour.

You can select different colour on matter/ore, just rightclick the matter/ore and select fillcolour.

You must have the map active and some runs selected to see the list of matter/ore to the right of the map. If you dont see the list, click the second button from right in the toolbar.

Regards
/Droid

Back