NRF - No Resource Found - Mining/Skilling App

Serica said:
Is there anyone out there with a better understanding of NRF who can suggest how to get the new map to show ?

Solved: Make sure the name of the map is spelled correctly :ahh:

With the old Entropia, I just set it to Windows 2000 compatibility mode, and that got NRF working. But with the new Cry2 engine, Entropia wont run under Compatability mode.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Right now I am entering data manually, but it would be really nice if NRF could parse fonts again.

Right now I am entering data manually, but it would be really nice if NRF could parse fonts again.

NRF will only parse correctly if everything looks the same as in the previous VU :D

So... without changes on either MA side, or NRF side (neither of which are very likely) this won't work.

any chance that this app will/has been updated for VU10 maps?

any chance that this app will/has been updated for VU10 maps?

It will not work with 10.0 at all now. The OCR was programmed to look in a specific spot according to the size of the window. Now that you may move claim deeds around, the OCR no longer works. The creator of NRF has left EU therefor I doubt it will be updated as he has the source. I requested the source code months ago so I could have it modified for VU 10 with no luck.

Quick answer: No.

It will not work with 10.0 at all now. The OCR was programmed to look in a specific spot according to the size of the window. Now that you may move claim deeds around, the OCR no longer works. The creator of NRF has left EU therefor I doubt it will be updated as he has the source. I requested the source code months ago so I could have it modified for VU 10 with no luck.

Quick answer: No.

That's a bummer... Mining is not the same without NRF... :(

It's the main reason I switched back to hunting after it stopped being supported.

That's a bummer... Mining is not the same without NRF... :(

It's the main reason I switched back to hunting after it stopped being supported.

Hehe, there another program out there, but ummmm, it's private :)

How private?

ATM, NBK only. It is a program an IRL friend of mine developed for me for use by the NBK only.

There has been some talk about releasing it in the future but that is a long way off. ATM, it is in beta test. Honestly, since I am the one financing the development of it and it's future is pretty much left up to me, I would say it is a safe bet that it will never be released to the general public.

So basically what I am saying is that it is VERY private.

Hey, i'm still using NRF manually, because I haven't really found anything else with as much functionality, is anybody else?

Can anybody help me out with a world map of calypso to use and the corresponding .ini file, I would be a great help :)

I can't help you there because I'm new to mining myself. I'm wondering if anyone has the installation files for the program, so that it can still be used manually as some people seem to be doing?

Last edited:
I dont get it why some coder doesnt remake the thing. I bet a lot of miners would be willing to pay a small subscription fee to be able to use a program as good as this. I know i would be more than willing to pay maybe $1-2/month to use it.

I'm not i miner but you looking for something like this ?

I'm not i miner but you looking for something like this ?

well not sure where he has taken that project yet as i havent been following it to good.
But i want it to be just like the old nrf, a standalone app (storing the data on the net is ok though cause then i can always get it even if not playing at home) But it should show the hits in the app etc and the data and so on.

I dont get it why some coder doesnt remake the thing. I bet a lot of miners would be willing to pay a small subscription fee to be able to use a program as good as this. I know i would be more than willing to pay maybe $1-2/month to use it.

the main problem with such app working with VU10 is that we have now beutiful graphics (fonts are antyaliased, alpha blended, sometimes additionally a bit darkened if i.e. Item Info is not selected)

as in old game engine such app like NRF could be written in a day (pixels in letters had same color), now it can take weeks of trying to make own simple OCR, or try one by one some free OCRs if they will do their job (what sux is the fact that it would be quite hard to make 100% accurate auto-recognition now, and I can bet that even if app would recognize 8/10 claims automatically, there will be lots of ppl whining about it ;))

the easiest solution would be to ask MA to add info to chat, saying: You have found Ample (IX) of Lysterium Stone at xxx, yyy, zzz (ofc that info should be logged to chat.log as well), simple solution, taking maybe 5 min. to implement, but guess if it will be or not ;) I also miss old yellow "No resources found" :D

cheers,
JIIIS

stay tuned Little Big Mining Log public beta is very very close ;)

your website is down with following error

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_register() in /usr/local/www/irken-invaders.net/htdocs/eu/inc/session.php on line 95

Well that's hardly surprising, NRF hasn't been available for years, as you should have seen by reading the last few posts.

:locked:

Back