NTI Shares gone in 22 minutes, FOMO?

How come that CP shares are 70 % up compared to NTI while their absolute payout is the same? In case you are right and NTI is a crap, who cares when dividends are OK?
I'll also offer a few possible answers. It could be that the investors who very quickly grabbed up NTI in the hope of a quick profit are still trying to sell off large amounts at close to breakeven so they can move on to something else. They possibly do not consider 5%ish to be ok returns on their monies. They presumably do not own CP shares, and holders of those are simply holders by now, with little selling pressure.

OK man I will spread the question out different way - How come that CP shares are 70 % up compared to NTI while their absolute payout is the same? In case you are right and NTI is a crap, who cares when dividends are OK? I mean why the hell would anyone now buy CP shares which are more expensive, worse ROI with current price and therefore having less potential to grow in price too...

psychology. the concept of support and resistance. people are psychologically opposed to selling things for less than they paid for them. often it takes a while for things to go back down

psychology. the concept of support and resistance. people are psychologically opposed to selling things for less than they paid for them. often it takes a while for things to go back down

I believe will see the slowness effect this winter, if RL events go ahead as planned.
I'm for sure are going to follow closely how Entropia economy is going to react.

Wixe said:
How come that Crystal Palace shares are 70 % up compared to New Treasure Island while their absolute payout is the same ?

That is a very good point. I've been wondering that myself.

Furthermore New Treasure Island is a better share than Crystal Palace because it's planet side and UNTAXED. So in theory when payouts are the same the value of NTI shares should be higher than Crystal Palace.

I guess its the the human factor
which equates to illogical decisions from players ?

Ok, You have addressed a major question, and you are totally right.

The current value of New Treasure Island Deeds is clearly biased, UNDERVALUED if compared -for example- to Crystal Palace Deeds, as you have wisely pointed out : New Treasure Island is on the biggest Planet of Entropia Universe ("biggest Planet" economy-wise), and it's also UNTAXED.

ALSO, so far it hasn't been considered that the whole Island
, if put in the right Hands , would become a MAGNIFICENT source of Incomes, an 'Economic Weapon' :

If a single-Player (or even a Family-Society for example) owned ALL the 800k Deeds of New Treasure Island, then such Player (or Society) could use this exclusive-Property to boost his/her Activity-Returns for Hunting/Mining/CRAFTING on New Treasure Island : infact some of the Player-losses for any Activity ON-the-Island (Hunting/Mining/CRAFTING ) would return back as Deed-Payouts, while the remaining part of those losses would still be cashed by MindArk, 'as usual'. (Infact, currently the Incomes generated by the Island are split between MindArk and the 800k New-Treasure Island Deeds : -EDIT- It's still unclear if the Percentage for the Deeds is 12.5% OR 25% of the Total Incomes generated by the Island : therefore contact MindArk regarding the EXACT Percentage)

-->Let's add to this 'Economic Weapon-Effect', also further Incomes , generated by all other Players that "Interact Economically" with New Treasure Island : by Hunting/Mining/CRAFTING, etc .

I mean, in-game there are already Weapons that cost about 500k ped =0.5 million ped : well, currently the cost of the whole New-Treasure Island is about 8 million ped : and, in the right hands, New-Treasure Island is a magnificent 'Economic-Weapon' for the Owner (or "Owners" : in case of a Family-Society owning 100% of the Island ).

-UPDATE- This message has a 2nd, and even more Interesting, Part :
Here-->
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-gone-in-22-minutes-fomo.285075/post-3837295

Paul

Last edited:
I'll also offer a few possible answers. It could be that the investors who very quickly grabbed up NTI in the hope of a quick profit are still trying to sell off large amounts at close to breakeven so they can move on to something else. They possibly do not consider 5%ish to be ok returns on their monies. They presumably do not own CP shares, and holders of those are simply holders by now, with little selling pressure.

Well imagine being current CP share hodler/owner. Why wouldn't you sell shares for almost 17 PED and then buy more units of NTI shares and therefore enjoy higher income? Just a few clicks to make 70 % more passive income from dividends... And on top of that due to the reason I just described the NTI is more likely go higher in price longterm compared to CP which is at its maximum.

Last edited:
Well imagine being current CP share hodler/owner. Why wouldn't you sell shares for almost 17 PED and then buy more units of NTI shares and therefore enjoy higher income? Just a few clicks to make 70 % more passive income from dividends... And on top of that due to the reason I just described the NTI is more likely go higher in price longterm compared to CP which is at its maximum.
Your thinking is off. Just during the mini event on CP, my CP shares gave out 2 % ROI in less than one week! MA has stated that there will be more mini events, less longer grind events like Summer mayhem (which is now gone forever, probably). I'm not switching my CP shares for TI any time soon.

Why wouldn't you
I don't think CP share owners are "holding on for dear life" - they are just holders not hodlers. I think they have their reasons that are not solely based on returns. However quaint the idea of loyalty etc may be, perhaps they do indeed have that.
Personally, there were various things about the TI sale and TI itself that I don't much care for, so I've not swapped over any shares as you suggest as an idea.

Your thinking is off. Just during the mini event on CP, my CP shares gave out 2 % ROI in less than one week! MA has stated that there will be more mini events, less longer grind events like Summer mayhem (which is now gone forever, probably). I'm not switching my CP shares for TI any time soon.
But you never know if at all and when the next mini event on CP will start. MA stated that future mini events will be on different locations. Let's see if CP or NTI mini event comes first.

I believe will see the slowness effect this winter, if RL events go ahead as planned.
I'm for sure are going to follow closely how Entropia economy is going to react.
my gut says that anyone who can have strong hands will be able to get some good deals.

but then again, maybe not. hard to say with certainty.

But you never know if at all and when the next mini event on CP will start. MA stated that future mini events will be on different locations. Let's see if CP or NTI mini event comes first.
Agreed, that is a risk. But also, the 5k aurli mission must be cleared in order to hunt the broods on CP, while none of the TI creatures are crucial to hunt. TI has unique spawns, so that's a plus (although very few worth hunting for MU). But I made a rushed argument, and your thinking isn't off. Gambling on NT shares now is probably a better bet if you're betting for value (not dividends).

Wixe said:
How come that Crystal Palace shares are 70 % up compared to New Treasure Island while their absolute payout is the same ?

The current value of New Treasure Island Deeds is clearly biased, UNDERVALUED if compared -for example- to Crystal Palace Deeds, as you have wisely pointed out : New Treasure Island is on the biggest Planet of Entropia Universe ("biggest Planet" economy-wise), and it's also UNTAXED.

ALSO, so far it hasn't been considered that the whole Island
, if put in the right Hands , would become a MAGNIFICENT source of Incomes, an 'Economic Weapon' :

If a single-Player (or even a Family-Society for example) owned ALL the 800k Deeds of New Treasure Island, then such Player (or Society) could use this exclusive-Property to boost his/her Activity-Returns for Hunting/Mining/CRAFTING on New Treasure Island : infact some of the Player-losses for any Activity ON-the-Island (Hunting/Mining/CRAFTING ) would return back as Deed-Payouts, while the remaining part of those losses would still be cashed by MindArk, 'as usual'. (Infact, currently the Incomes generated by the Island are split between MindArk and the 800k New-Treasure Island Deeds : -EDIT- It's still unclear if the Percentage for the Deeds is 12.5% OR 25% of the Total Incomes generated by the Island : therefore contact MindArk regarding the EXACT Percentage)

-->Let's add to this 'Economic Weapon-Effect', also further Incomes , generated by all other Players that "Interact Economically" with New Treasure Island : by Hunting/Mining/CRAFTING, etc .

I mean, in-game there are already Weapons that cost about 500k ped =0.5 million ped : well, currently the cost of the whole New-Treasure Island is about 8 million ped : and, in the right hands, New-Treasure Island is a magnificent 'Economic-Weapon' for the Owner (or "Owners" : in case of a Family-Society owning 100% of the Island ).

Paul

About this precise part of my previous Message :
" Let's add to this 'Economic Weapon-Effect', also further Incomes, generated by all other Players that "Interact Economically" with New Treasure Island : by Hunting/Mining/CRAFTING, etc "

In that part, I forgot to mention another Decisive Theme about New Treasure Island :
if the Island was owned by 1 single Player/or Family Society (or EVEN an Ordinary Society, regarding the very specific Task that I describe here), therefore such Player/Family Society (or EVEN an Ordinary Society) could organize UNTAXED Events on the Island : an UNTAXED Evolution of those already popular Events where the Winning-Players are Rewarded :

e.g. a Reward for the Highest-Loot achieved in Hunting (here different Categories are recommended : one Category for each of the Mob Species located on the Island), AND a Reward for the Highest-Loot achieved in Mining (again different Categories recommended : one Category for each of the Ores located on the Island), AND -absolute Novelty for Entropia Universe- a Reward for the Highest-Loot achieved in Crafting (also in this case, different Categories are possible : at sole discretion of the Owner/Owners of the Island).

About Rewarded Crafting Events I underline one last thing "That Says it All" :
just imagine a Competition among Explosive-Projectile Crafters, an Exclusive of New Treasure Island :love:

As I wrote in my previous message, New Treasure Island is the Ultimate Economic Weapon, if owned by 1 single Player/or Family Society (or EVEN an Ordinary Society, IF it comes to Untaxed-Rewarded Events for Hunting/Mining/CRAFTING on the Island)

Enjoy (y)

Paul

Last edited:
I am not sure I buy the idea that NTI is "worth" 800k for the sake of complete ownership defraying grinding decay.

I bet you could get a whole planet partner deal for half that.

Back