Nvidia driver issues

I have more trouble with the old driver than the new one.. dont know why :scratch2:

1. How do you find out whether you are at 64 bit OS, or the other?

2. How on earth do you uninstall old drivers, and install the new ones?

Didn´t you install your OS? Dind´t you know what OS came with your hardware? :scratch2:

As I already said you can uninstall the old driver in your "hardware manager" (don´t know if this translation is 100% correct but you should know what I mean). You can find your drivers also in the system/software settings.
Did you really never ever install new drivers fox your gfx card ... :eek:

To determine your OS version (and Service Pack!)
Start button.
Right click on "My Computer"
Click "Properties"
Read the OS stuff. If it doesn't say 64 bit, it's 32.

I have an nvidia geforce 9800gt card and was having trouble with the bsod; i couldn't stay logged in for mote than 2 minutes. I tried installing the latest drivers and then the earliest drivers. nada.

So I restored my PC to its earlier settings with the latest nvidia driver, uninstalled vu10 and then REINSTALLED vu10 and lo and behold I was able to play for an hour. I have my ingame graphics set to medium and so far so good.

I logged out after an hour, but if I hadn't done that, who knows, I might still be playing.

Anyway I thought that might help someone

Last edited:
I have an nvidia geforce 9800gt card and was having trouble with the bsod; i couldn't stay logged in for mote than 2 minutes. I tried installing the latest drivers and then the earkiest drivers. nada.

I have the very same card (9800GT on XP 32bit, 2GB RAM), driver ver. 182.50 IIRC and haven't had a single BSOD and - a very few CTD. But still getting near any building makes FPS reach almost 0, if not hang.

I tend to think that the fault is not completely on NVidia side (if any fault is on NVidia side), because I've never experienced such bad performances with any other game.

I wonder what is so GPU/CPU-eating in a building.. considering that hunting with light reflecting on the grass floating in the wind should be much more consuming (and is pretty smooth instead)...

Last edited:
those drivers do not install on my dell laptop with nvidia 8600

I have more trouble with the old driver than the new one.. dont know why :scratch2:
I used to have same thing, did you uninstall properly?
And uninstalled (in safe mode) all remaining driverstuff (there's a tool for that but can't remember name atm)?

Anyway, since last update (8600gts) lots of things seem to be fixed for me, there are still shading and texture issues and so forth but of a smaller scale.

I use 8600GTS and i tried all theses drivers oldest one to the newest one.. same thing.. as soon as i put the security code... authorizing .. then crash...

Anyone else?

info:

OS 64bits
RAM 6Go
Dual core...

those drivers do not install on my dell laptop with nvidia 8600

I have the same issue... Although I seem to be able to play the game!

I have a 8600M GT card in my laptop, and am trying to get some newer drivers for the card... MSI didn't have those on their site, so what I did is go to a site called laptopvideo2go.com (or something simular, try google...)

And with a modded inf file you can install newer drivers for your gforce card inside your laptop.
I haven't experienced any BSOD or CTD's but still have some problems during logon (also with Goldcard, I seem to be able to logon!).
But it looks like the logon screen needs to load forever before any ingame picture is popping through... the sound is then already loaded!

I have put all values on high, except some like shading and shadows I have put on medium. And some other slidebar I set on medium aswell.
This way I seem to be able to play the game quite well.
Hope this will be the same if I can reinstall my desktop and try it on that. (specs are lower of my desktop then my laptop!)

Hope this helps!

HHHmmmm

So I have had crashes for a long time now. I have a Nvidia 9600GT. I've used 3 different driver versions, the one i had already, the newest one, and the one MA recommends. I still crash A LOT. Then other times I can play for like 1-2 hours. Nothing with that makes sense. If it was a driver i would think the crash would be somewhat consistant. Right now it's totally random. Ya and it blows my mind... this is supposed to be optomized with Nvidia. I have noticed that Nvidia doesn't even mention this game on their website. Anyone suprised?

Latest patch fixed crash for me. I am now able to be online :) I played for like 1h shoot 5 ped ammo on combibo and had my first global in VU 10.xxxx :ahh:

For those that are having issues with the drivers not installing, with the error message that it can't detect an NVidia graphics card, I ran into this same issue when I began installing my 9500GT.

BFG Tech Support said I needed to update my motherboard drivers in Windows and restart.

Fixed it like a charm. The older motherboard drivers wouldn't let the driver install program detect the card properly. Once the new mobo drivers were in, driver installation proceeded with no problem.

Hope this helps (if you're having that issue).

I had more crashing with bertha bots Nvidia suggestion.. now gone back to
190.38 and all is fine, my PC is like 7 years old :p and works like a charm.

Does anyone still getting BSOD with latest (190.62) Nvidia drivers?
Is it fixed?..

bump?
(to short)

Is Entropia still messing up the drivers?
Anyone, is it fixed?

my graphics card died ( I suspect it's the graphics card) While I was playing entropia...(gtx 280) tho I suspect it was me neglecting to have it properly cooled )-=. When I bought it I bought it for the brand because it had lifetime warranty...didn't take into consideration that I needed to be the origional purchaser of the product and I bought it on ebay...poop lol

Okay, so new motherboard, new PSU, new GTX 260 graphics card, suggested driver seemed to work well for several weeks. Currently experiencing regular blue screen crashes usually within about 40 minutes or so of game play.

At this point I have pulled out the card and cleaned out the nvidia drivers and running onboard graphics at medium setting.

Am I correct in assuming that the dreaded blue screen is related to graphics?

Back