Help: Nvidia g210

fnalig

Prowler
Society
Lost renegades
Lazze fnalig oaktree
Hiya all. Wanted to have any kind of input about this graphic card NVIDIA G210. Any of you use it ? Or at least anyone able to tell me if this will be at least good enough to play EU Cry ?
Here is the specs of the whole puter. Sadly its in Swedish:(

Processor
Typ av processor AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core
Nummer 7450
Hastighet (GHz) 2,40
CPU Cache L2 3MB
Chipset RS740
Minne
RAM - typ DDR2
RAM (GB) 6 144
RAM - Maximal uppgradering (MB) 8 192
RAM - Hastighet (MHz) 800
RAM - Portar (total) 4
RAM - Portar (tillgängliga) 1
Hårddisk
Antal skivspelare 1
Kapacitet (GB) 640
Hårddisk - hastighet (RPM) 7 200
Gränssnitt (Interface) S-ATA
Ljud & Grafik
Ljudkort - typ HD audio 7.1
Fristående ljudkort
Grafikkort - typ NVIDIA G210
Dedikerat grafikminne (MB) 512
Delat grafikminne (MB) 3 327
Anslutningar
TV Out VGA/DVI/HDMI
USB 2.0 6
FireWire (IEEE 1394) 1
LAN-kort - Typ 10/100
Port för minneskort
Stöttar följande minneskort CF1, CF2, microdrive, SD, SD ultra II (high speed)
Expansionsportar
5¼ (Totalt) 2
5¼ (Tillgängliga) 1
IDE 3½" (Totalt) 1
IDE 3½" (Tillgängliga) 1
SATA (Totalt) 2
SATA (Tillgängliga) 1
PCI (Totalt) 2
PCI (Tillgängliga) 2
PCI-Express 16x (Totalt) 2
PCI-Express 16x (Tillgängliga) 1
CD/DVD
Optisk drive CD/DVD +/- RW DL
Övrigt
Operativsystem Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
Operativsystem - version (bit) 64
Mjukvara Magic Desktop, Photoshop Elements 6, Nero Essentia
Höjd (cm) 41,30
Bredd (cm) 18,00
Djup (cm) 41,20
Vikt (kg) 13,50
Leverantörens varunummer (ID) A5530NCD - PT.U230X.012

NVIDIA G210 is a rather low-cost card. With an end-user price of 30 - 35$

It will be DX10 capable, but I think the performace will be to low to enjoy EU.

The rest of the PC looks pretty good.

:)

I second that

I have a NVIDIA 8800 GTS on my own puter thats able to run Cry in HIGH res. now, actually it was able to run EU in VERY high until this last patch. But if i put AA up to 8 q now it will lagg me to death. This puter was ment for my GF. Is this G210 better or worse then my 8800 GTS ?

From EU website:

""

High Settings
Internet Connection: ADSL or better

Operating System: Windows XP or Vista

Do you use Vista and have download or installation issues?
Right click on the client software iconSelect 'Run as administrator' option

Computer Processor: Intel Core duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Series or better.

""

The processor of your choice won't run EU very well on Very High settings. Combined with that gfx card it probably even will have some trouble with running High Settings at a high fps rate.
The 6 gb of memory won't bring you much more, since EU not even takes a full 2 gb of memory. It theoretically might even slow down you system a bit because it needs more time to allocate memory usage for EU.

Concluded, the processor type is rather old and the gfx card, see comment above. If you really want to get a new system then better consider something with an AMD Phenom II processor and a Radeon HD4770/4850 combo.

Don't ask me for a solid argumentation for my remarks, this is what I have learned from why own investigations when I was considering an upgrade or buying new.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Series processor myself. It's 3+ years old. Since there weren't really good upgrade options for me except builing a new system, I decided to just buy me a Radeon HD4770, whack it in and see what happens.
So my system is quite comparable to what is mentioned above, but with a better gfx card and less RAM. I can run High settings at 30-60 fps. Very High settings though means immediate return ot the good old rubberbanding effect :eek:

What about this card ?

What about this card ? ATI Radeon HD4650 1GB Discrete. Would this work better ? Is this one good enough ? Im looking at ready puters in a local store. And one of them that at least on the paper seems better has the card above.

Last edited:
I have a NVIDIA 8800 GTS on my own puter thats able to run Cry in HIGH res. now, actually it was able to run EU in VERY high until this last patch. But if i put AA up to 8 q now it will lagg me to death. This puter was ment for my GF. Is this G210 better or worse then my 8800 GTS ?

Your 8800 GTS is better than the G210. Maybe you can swap the cards?

The G210 is at the low-end of the newer range of nVidia cards. It copes with simpler games no problem, and it will play EU, but very slowly.

The 8800GT/9800GT (same thing pretty much) are quite a lot faster than the G210, even though they're part of the old range of cards.

I'm fairly sure you can pick up a nice Radeon HD4850 or better, which would outperform the G210 by a long way. You're only talking about $30 extra, if that. It will improve your gaming experience many times over.

What about this card ? permalink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about this card ? ATI Radeon HD4650 1GB Discrete. Would this work better ? Is this one good enough ? Im looking at ready puters in a local store. And one of them that at least on the paper seems better has the card above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my advice.. if you buy new PC ... dont go under nVidia x250/275 1gb ram... no sense ;)

What about this card ? permalink

The 4650 is marginally better, but still relatively low-end. You need a mid-range card, and that will play EU acceptably.

Especially nowadays, the difference in price is so little you might as well get a good card. Alternatively, get a similar spec machine with an integrated graphics card (cheap), and add one yourself. You will only need to spend about $80 for good graphics performance in EU.

Back