NW's EU Assistant (Pre-alpha Discussion)

[OSS] NW's EU Assistant [CANCELLED]

Official Site
Frequently Asked Questions

Project cancelled for personal reasons, see the final-ish posts in this thread for more information.

Disclaimer: The binaries are not available yet, this thread is just so I can stop cluttering Chainfire's existing PE Assistant thread and continue discussion elsewhere, in a more appropriate place.

Screenshots coming, once the game will let me back in it again :ahh::laugh: (Currently, as of 1st October 2009, I cannot access Entropia Universe (for testing purposes) due to gold card loss. I'm waiting for my new passport to arrive so I can prove to MindArk I'm really me and not some white & nerdy imposter :silly2:)

Introduction:
Hello fellow Calypsians! I got tired of the Alt+Tabbing and didn't really like running Entropia Universe windowed so I decided to write a little thing I call 'Entropia Universe Assistant' which can show me the info I want when I want it.

Shamelessly ripped from chainfires thread and altered for my own purposes :laugh:

This thread is just for the discussion of the Assistant, features and other things, for the Icon Design competition, please click here.

Anything to suggest? Want more info?
Please post in this thread :D

- Nightwolf

Last edited:
looking forward to it, peAss from chainfire was a awsome great tool that was made, now i believe you can make a good work too, and i'm hoping to start using it as soon as possible :)

Currently at GO3, so work is temporarily on hold. Even the team needs a little fun on occasion ;)

I've been updating various pages on the wiki ;)

Last edited:
You finally got around to making the thread? +rep mate :D

I've been attempting to hire some additional developers to help get the FullScreen mode complete, all the while adding additional features from PEAss to the toolboxthat hadn't already been added.

A preliminary version was tested at GO3 today, however it failed.
My laptop really doesn't like the new VU =/

I'm preparing to upload more changes from the Private svn to the public one.

Bad news...

The only thing I can say at this point:
Nytewolf Creations Dev Team 2 said:
The developers that were hired recently to finish the new Hijack module and the fullscreen mode toolbox didn't release their code by the internal deadline (october 4th) , thus we are currently waiting for them to upload changes.

Since they're not responding to correspondance (via Skype, MSN, etc) it leaves us little choice but to consider cancelling, or postponing BETA 1 till a much later date.

I will keep trying to get in contact with them ;)

- Nightwolf

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, thx anyway for all the efforts:(

Finger's crossed . . .

For everyday they are over...start charging them $20...It will get done quicker that way...

Lol...:D

But definitely looking forward to it!:yay:

+rep

NW's EU Assistant - Development Update

While things may not be progressing the way I hoped (fullscreen mode wise), I am making progress on the Launcher, people who've used PEAss may find it familiar...

euasdev_launcher201.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a decent background for it, like a screenshot from the game, as well as removing some of the obsolete text.

Also half that text is development related, from revision 201, we're now up to revision 212.

I'm also working on a skinning system, which is almost complete, I'm just experimenting with a few things... Namely the design...

Edit: Before you even see that screen, a box may pop up asking you which mode you want to use (Window mode, or Fullscreen) It defaults to Window mode on our test machines. It will ask you if you'd like it to never appear again. Don't worry, it won't cry... :haha:

- Nightwolf

While things may not be progressing the way I hoped (fullscreen mode wise), I am making progress on the Launcher, people who've used PEAss may find it familiar...

euasdev_launcher201.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a decent background for it, like a screenshot from the game, as well as removing some of the obsolete text.

Also half that text is development related, from revision 201, we're now up to revision 212.

I'm also working on a skinning system, which is almost complete, I'm just experimenting with a few things... Namely the design...

Edit: Before you even see that screen, a box may pop up asking you which mode you want to use (Window mode, or Fullscreen) It defaults to Window mode on our test machines. It will ask you if you'd like it to never appear again. Don't worry, it won't cry... :haha:

- Nightwolf

you forget entropiabay.com

Excellent news about the design part, keep up the good work. :)

Wistrel trundles over to take a looksie! Sounds interesting :)

Incidentally, I know Chainfire's prog hasn't been supported for some time now but I take it that its now dead in the water? i.e simply doesn't work anymore?

So I'm guessing this fella you have at least so far allows you to overlay stuff on screen and potentially access underlying pixels? (e.g for blend effects?)

Right?

Wistrel

PS isn't mytwopecs broken for a while now? Someone should really get in touch with the author cause its a nice site and presumably just needs some updates to the bit that fetches the expiring auction items data to accomodate whatever it was MA changed that broke it.

Wistrel trundles over to take a looksie! Sounds interesting :)

Incidentally, I know Chainfire's prog hasn't been supported for some time now but I take it that its now dead in the water? i.e simply doesn't work anymore?
For some it 'just' works, for others (those with 64 bit systems) it doesn't, and for some others it doesn't work as intended... Its complicated :laugh:
So I'm guessing this fella you have at least so far allows you to overlay stuff on screen and potentially access underlying pixels? (e.g for blend effects?)
More or less.
Work would of course speed up if I didn't have to re-hire half the team (see above posts)
Righto ;)
PS isn't mytwopecs broken for a while now? Someone should really get in touch with the author cause its a nice site and presumably just needs some updates to the bit that fetches the expiring auction items data to accommodate whatever it was MA changed that broke it.
Yeah, Just noticed myself :ahh:

Nightwolf would like me to post the following on his behalf:
While I've posted a new revision to the SVN, however, I need to reupload the prereq library files required to build the project - otherwise its more useless than a dead horse:
Namely;
NW.Framework.Shared (rev. 2035),
NW.Framework.Hooking and (rev. 2035),
NW.Framwork.UI (rev. 2035)

These files will be reuploaded once my wireless modem stops acting up (wishful thinking?)

In hindsight I'd have done it earlier :ahh:

I'm swamped with other work at the moment, currently my shop's been extremely busy in the lead up to Christmas. Work's still being done... Just far slower, not glacier slow, more like snail slow. ;)

Not much to report, other than fixing some bugs with compilation and with missing files, latest SVN should deal with the above issues.

keep up teh good work, shame that i have no such experaince in these areas

+rep

So any news?

We're still alive and kicking, just taking it slow - most of the team is still on holiday :scratch2:

Nightwolf merged some changes from the private svn and posted onto the public one. Still no working fullscreen though.

Can't wait Can't wait!! WOOT WOOT!!!!:yay::yay:

Keep up the great work!! :wtg:

We are currently looking for free open source IRC Clients to 'plugin' to the EUAss Toolbox, while we wait for everyone to return from holidays, crypts, etc...

Nice to receive a litle update again!
When do you think you can release a beta assistent?

I can't _really_ give an eta at the moment, as I'm not authorised...

But "soon" is my guess...

We are currently looking for free open source IRC Clients to 'plugin' to the EUAss Toolbox, while we wait for everyone to return from holidays, crypts, etc...
Wouldn't be more easy and better to add overlay ability for Miranda IM? ;)
And after that you could just call it, when you need. Also a lot of peoples at Miranda IM forums ask about that functionality for years and would be happy (including me :ahh: ).

About Miranda IM - Open Source, multi protocol and multi account Instant Messenger.

Some of Supported protocols (list not full): AIM, Facebook, Gadu-Gadu,
IAX, ICQ, IRC, Jabber, MSN, Netsend, Tlen, XFire, Yahoo...

subscribing..

Posted via Mobile Device

so where we at now? any news?

Work is still progressing...
Slowly...
Getting there...

Back