Official Mindark InWorld Event Sponsorship

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Official Mindark InWorld Event Sponsorship
18 June 2008

Mindark have received a number of requests regarding official sponsorship of InWorld events. Our official policy for sponsorship of InWorld events is as follows:

Event sponsorship requests must be sent via post using the Event Sponsorship Request Form to the Entropia Universe Support Dept. at:

Mindark PE AB
Support Dept.
Jarntorget 8
413 04 Gothenburg
Sweden

To be considered for sponsorship, an event must have been successfully administered on one previous occasion i.e. first time events will not be sponsored.
Event sponsorship requests must be submitted six months before the event will be held, including all details of the event and statistics from previous event(s).
Events must be in full compliance with the Entropia Universe EULA.

Sponsorship will be decided on a case-by-case basis in consideration of theme, size, promotion plan etc.

Originally Posted Here

**EDIT**
Link to copy of request form pdf:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/downloads/event_sponsorship_request_form.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
nice to see some official guidance on this +rep MA!

Hopefully they might give some bigger prizes for next years WoF considering the size of competition!

Sorry...

But what does that 'really' say???

LOL...

OK, jump on the MA band wagon...'GREAT MA, YOU RULE MA...GLAD YOU LISTEN MA..."

Dudes, it does not say anything...sounds like someone running for president of the US...sheeee

DS:wtg:

nice to see some official guidance on this +rep MA!

Hopefully they might give some bigger prizes for next years WoF considering the size of competition!

Sry to say but WOF dont need Bigger prizes, already WOF is degenerating, if BIG money are involved ppl lose their minds and there is no more fun.

Imagine all ppl from England support that ask for a share from a Supposed gift MA would give to England main team members.

I see that perfect gift for WOF winners will be something that have a sentimental value rather that a market one..

LOL...

Dudes, it does not say anything...sounds like someone running for president of the US...sheeee

Erm.. it tells you there is now an official procudure to apply for MA sponcorship, that you have to apply 6 months in advance, it needs to be an established event.. gah! why am I telling you this! Read the post!

I think its time MA came out with guidance of what they expect from us if they are to sponcer an event and IMO thats a good thing. Mind you, from your post history, they could have offered everyone in the game an imp fap and you would moan it wasnt a mod...:silly2:

Sry to say but WOF dont need Bigger prizes, already WOF is degenerating, if BIG money are involved ppl lose their minds and there is no more fun.

Imagine all ppl from England support that ask for a share from a Supposed gift MA would give to England main team members.

I see that perfect gift for WOF winners will be something that have a sentimental value rather that a market one..

Bad choice of words on my part - when I say bigger, I didnt mean in value, i mean something for everyone - for example atm the main team get jackets from MA, but close support got nothing, indeed certain members of support spent thousands of Ped fapping the main team or helping damage mobs with no loot what-so-ever - yes, I know thats their choice, but it would be nice to see prizes for the entire team, but I only mean stuff like jackets or maybe a certificate to hang on wall of something ;)

LOL...

wtf...I am speaking up in favor of MA more and more...*shrug*...

What is says...to me...is that MA is *considering* sponsorship of significant events ingame.

"DorkFish's Sweat-za-pa-looza" might not warrant sponsorship. But events like the WOF would ceratinly qualify. It says to me that instead of being a faceless, black-box corporation that treats players like crap, they are a corporation willing to sponsor and "validate" professional, well-organized and well-trafficked events...while still treating players like crap ;)

This is a move in the RIGHT direction...towards working WITH players in making...P...E...U...a better place. ( *almost* said EU!:eek:)

This is what we have wanted, people, for a long time and though this is a baby-step, its direction is in our favor!

While we may say the MA sucks at events, fine, but now players who make REALLY good events can get support and hlep from MA to make them even better! I am thrilled by this small note for the potential it holds and for the change in MA's attitude it shows.

Kudos to MA.

Lets use this to our benefit and show them we can make good events that will be greatly enhanced with a bit of help from MA. I fear that every Tom, Dick and Lars with half a brain and a lame event may inundate MA with requests trying to weasel unique items from them, but after enough rejections they may stop.

And how *dare* you compare this to a US Presidential Election! As an American I can tell you that our candidates *never* give this much info or clearly outline a plan in this way! Shame on you! ;)

Apply by hardcopy mail... :rolleyes:

Trying to be a real virtual visionary are we ... :laugh:

Pm me if you need help opening pdf docs, I know it can be abit tricky for some ppl. :silly2:

MA link works good.

I have no problem opening PDF files (opened it easily once I got it from MA's FTP server), but not all browsers handle ftp:// type links properly. When clicking that link in IE7, it shows a page not found error, but when clicking the link in Firefox, it opens fine.

Thus, I thought it would be useful to provide a http:// link to the file in case other members encountered an error.

This is really nice :D

About WoF... wouldn't it be nice for people in the winning team (yes, the whole winning team) to get some RL diplomas sent to them? :)

Examples:
Name:
Team:
Support

Name:
Team:
Main

Right? ;)

I don't like the idea that WOF has a prize/big prize, some cool shirts or clothes that show they won should be enough worth fighting for. This is all about fun

For other events this seems to be a very good idea :)

And I hope we see some Eomon's in WoF next year :)

Anyway this is a very good step MA, nicely done :)

I think this is great.
MA would have a hard time to folow (well not realy but still) small weekly events. The WoF and champions leage are major events where people spend lots of time and peds on both preperations (big thanx to the organizers of theese events) and on partisipating. For a weekly event all you need is a LA and you can create events al lthe time.
Also for example WoF, that I know best since I partisipated in it, have alot of hunting on non entropian owned ereas realy pushing the return for MA for these weeks, while most other player created events are based on their own LAs to increase their own profit (nothing wront att all with that, I love the events, keep en coming) but MAs share of this is not affected as much as from a 3 month hunting event.

Back to the basics, all events I have partisipated in so far have been great and I think it is great that MA has decided to make it possible to get sponsored events, maby there will be some large events for other profesions too

So...

All honour to Hurricane with his magnificent event, but what I really wanna know (from MA not other participants) is:

Do you need to make an event that uses a whole lot of decay, either in ammo or armour or both, or is it ok to be a member that has done a lot for all the noobs at a significant lower cost for all involved?

I hope you guys know that this is in reference to REAL LIFE events like trade shows, gaming conventions, etc... and NOT in-game events like WoF.

I hope you guys know that this is in reference to REAL LIFE events like trade shows, gaming conventions, etc... and NOT in-game events like WoF.

i think an example of recent inworld sponsorship by ma, was the london meetup where in game prizes were provided to the trivia competition held at the meet up.

sure, since that, they have been inundated with similar requests.

anyhow, just my two pecs on it as well.

So...

All honour to Hurricane with his magnificent event, but what I really wanna know (from MA not other participants) is:

Do you need to make an event that uses a whole lot of decay, either in ammo or armour or both, or is it ok to be a member that has done a lot for all the noobs at a significant lower cost for all involved?

I would imagine the sponsership level would be adjusted accordingly....;)

Nice to see MA is willing to step up and sponser events in their own game....Pixels are free after all. :silly2:

The announcement clearly says in-world events, so I think events like WoF are exactly what they are talking about.

The announcement clearly says in-world events, so I think events like WoF are exactly what they are talking about.
Oh my mistake, I got this thread confused with the one talking about real life ambassadors. Good catch :)

please gimme an LA as price money for my event because my returns are kinda slowing down right now, I know you do that for good old friends ;)

Well ppl...

I have to say that MA outdid itself with the issuing of the Miss event prizes.
They were great, the diploma a bit corny but the dress or gown and the scepter are fantastic.
The nice thing of the scepter is that it can be used as a weapon!

I agree 6 months is a long time but I think MA has proven to come through.
Two new requests are in the mail for next years events (Miss en (s)He-Man event)

Last edited:
:) Yeah they did a awesome job!!

Altough I must say that that 6 months rule is to prevent abuse and give em time to check it out.

So its not all to bad. Its not like you have to give em the exact date:)

welly welly interesting :)

i may take this up one day...subscribing

Does the same procedure for applying for sponsorship still stand now that we have FPC?

Does the same procedure for applying for sponsorship still stand now that we have FPC?

hmm yeah this is an interested thought

Back