FYI: OLA#44 - New management - February event, 6 reward's with 500p guaranteed min. prize pool

Hego Damask

Stalker
Society
Victory
Hego Damask II
Greetings!

See the detail's of the February event in the 2nd Post in case you wish to skip the bla-bla.

The bla-bla:

Since i first ever played, my dream was to own a Land Area, and when returned later with more free time and available funds, this was my most important goal.
The goal has been reached finally by claiming Ola#44 at today.

I, the happy new owner of OLA#44, looking forward to make this LA one of the best in Caly.

Lon: 20,000
Lat: 60,300

index.php

Mob

Currently 3x MOLISK DNA has been set to maximum Maturity and maximum Numbers.
(See some information about them in 2nd post)

These settings are not matches with my own concept about the mob selection (sounds much better than it's f***ing expensive to keep up, right?).
DNA lock's have been unlocked today on everything, but 1 DNA on maximum Number's.

It means, over time, the maturity will be dropping to minimum, however it will take month's.
The number's also will be reduced, but a bit faster than maturity, to give some room to the possibly mining activity.

In case you are interested to Hunt big Molsik's, dont hesitate to do it while they are still on maximum maturity.

Future adjustment's possible based on activity and feedback.

Shed

Lon: 19,991
Lat: 60,348

Awesome never seen before (well, not by me) additional event fasten with SHED coming soon!
Need some testing before i'm able to launch it.

Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper is located next to the Shed
Mostly for Shrapnel, in case you ran out of ammo, as long as i dont have a TT console, but also will have 1-2 random items like weapon's, amp's, pill's.

See you at Ola#44, Good Luck and Have Fun!

Last edited:
The February Event

6 reward's to be won with a guaranteed minimum 500 ped total prize pool that could be multipied based on activity.

Current prize pool: 500 ped

Hunting TAX 3%
Mining TAX 3%

Mob
Currently a few Raider, but mostly Hunter - Warrior and Leader.

index.php

Event time
Running from February 1st 20:00:00 MA time till February 28th 23:59:59 MA time.

Prize distribution with current 500 ped prize pool:

HSL 1st place: 150 ped
HSL 2nd place : 100 ped
HSL 3rd place: 75 ped
HSL 4th place: 50 ped
HSL 5th place: 25 ped

Most global score combined: 100 ped

with each Hunting global worth 5 score and each Mining global worth 2 score

See the current leaders in 3rd post.

Rules

Both Hunting and Mining global's plays!
Maximum 3 HSL winner from each profession, to be able to reward both Hunters and Miners.
In case of no eligible number of global from any profession, this rule is off.
In case of no 5 global's, 1st place get every prize without additional winner.
1 person can win multiple or even all the prize's, no restriction here.
TEAMS are welcome and alloweed, eligible to win Hunting HSL and Most global score combined prize's, but all team members count as individuals with the mining globals.

Tie breaker for HSL
Hunting global wins VS same ammount of mining global.
The latest global wins if 2 hunting or 2 mining global have the same value.

Tie breaker for Most global score combined
The score that have more hunting globals wins.
Individual hunter / miner wins VS Team, in case of same score with same hunting globals.
Top 2 score same, and both participant's are team's or individual's with same ammount of hunting globals, the winner is the one, with the last hunting global, or last mining global if they dont have any hunting global's.

For example:
Hunter A with 100p global
Hunter B with 95p global
Hunter A again with 92p global
Hunter D with 91p global
Miner A with 95p global
Miner B with 50p global

Top5 place:
1st Hunter A with 100p
2nd Hunter B (same value as Miner A but Hunter global wins)
3rd Miner A
4th Hunter A with 92p
5th Miner B (1st, 2nd and 4th winner is hunter, no more hunting global wins as long there is an additional mining global)

Prize pool

Minimum guaranteed prize pool is 500p for the February event, that i will pay out even if the incoming total TAX wont reach this ammount, not even talking about the deduction of operating cost's.

In case of better than expected activity in the LA, after the incoming TAX reaches the 500p prize pool and the monthly cost of operation of the LA,
every additional PED of TAX will be split 50-50% between the Land owner and the prize pool.

Registration?

Not needed for individual's, i will track your globals in Entropia Life, track your score, and will PM you in case you WIN any prize.
Registration needed for team's, with TEAM NAME and Avatar name who eligible to receive the prize's.
You can register your Team in this thread, or ingame by MAIL or PM to Hego Damask II
You can start your team hunt right after the registration was sent, not need to wait for my confirmation, but please be sure your team name not match with an existing registration.
All registered Team names can be found in 3rd post.

Only globals can be verified on Entropia Tracker eligible to win prize's.

Feel free to ask if you have any question or point out something i may missed and can be important.

Last edited:
Final result of the February event

HSL 1st place for 150 ped: Hego Damask II - 389 ped hunting global
HSL 2nd place for 100 ped: Graden Switch Foss - 267 ped mining global
HSL 3rd place for 75 ped:
Willard Phule Phule - 266 ped hunting global
HSL 4th place for 50 ped:
Flinter Raven Hex - 238 ped mining global
HSL 5th place for 25 ped:
Graden Switch Foss- 156 ped mining global

Most global score combined for 100 ped:
Hego Damask II (Team) - 59 score

Registered team's and responsible person:
+BIG GAINS+​
varezius Var solus​
"Noobs make peds"​
Jason Janos-Audron Aguilar​
The Rule of Two​
Oder Hano Hano​

Last edited:
Oki, since you seem even newer at this then me - Ill point a few things out.

First of all - GZ on the LA.

Now to business:
Pointer #1 - keep the costs down, your prize pool is 500 PED. Add extra say 410 PED for naming and 4x30 PED on fert (one DNA max numbers) per month. That is 1030 PED in expences. At 3% you people have to cycle around 34k PED on your land just to cover costs. And trust me when I say molisk young are not something that attracts ubers who cycle 1k PED / hr.

Pointer #2 - never mix miners and hunters in reward system. Some guy will come along with a L13 or Terra 10 and and all your hunters are pretty much screwed for top rewards. Chance for someone shooting a 50 pec mob (without no looters) to win against 20+ PED drop (with no resources) is exactly zero. Damn, if you had daspletors on that land it would still be unlikely.

Hope those pointers help you atleast a bit.

Regards
I.

Now to business:
Pointer #1 - keep the costs down, your prize pool is 500 PED. Add extra say 410 PED for naming and 4x30 PED on fert (one DNA max numbers) per month. That is 1030 PED in expences. At 3% you people have to cycle around 34k PED on your land just to cover costs. And trust me when I say molisk young are not something that attracts ubers who cycle 1k PED / hr.

Pointer #2 - never mix miners and hunters in reward system. Some guy will come along with a L13 or Terra 10 and and all your hunters are pretty much screwed for top rewards. Chance for someone shooting a 50 pec mob (without no looters) to win against 20+ PED drop (with no resources) is exactly zero. Damn, if you had daspletors on that land it would still be unlikely.

Pointer #1, i have calculated around the same cost's for February.
The first few month's will be about testing mostly, i will see how the 500p total prize pool works, and make changes for next month if necessary.
I dont mind to give out a bit more ped than i earn during that testing.

Global naming is paid by the previsious owner, i got it with the land, but not sure if i need it, it is a very significant ammount per month.
I will see if the land can cover that cost, but if cant, i will let it go when it expire and will organize an event that not need the global naming.

The mob also came with the LA, for now, i will go with them.
i realize the big Molisk's are not really interesting for advanced players, the small ones may can be interesting for low - mid hunter's, also the prize's are split to 6 different prize instead of one, to give the possibility to reward more player's, who may just jump in for 1-1 shorter hunt.
However, if somebody do enough activity, he probably will be able to win multiple prize's.
The mob may will be changed later if i m not satisfied with the performance of the LA, but it would be too drastic change for day 1.

The goal was something like, give the possibility to win reward even if you are not a hardcore hunter with big cycle.
But also give the possibility to win higher ammount of PED if you do enough activity.

Pointer#2, i appreciate the advise, however this is exactly what i will do, just not necessary they will always competing for the same prize pool.
I like hunting, i like mining, i will always try to offer something for both profession's :)

L13 amps are the reason why i allow only 3 reward per profession, to be sure not all the rewards goes to hunter's only or miner's only, unless there is not a single mining or hunting global, as long as there is hunting and mining activity too, there will be winners from both profession.
Most combined globals scoring also in favor for hunter's as it is harder to global during hunting than mining.

And to be honest, if a miner drop a lot of probes with L13 amp with current number of mobs on LA, he deserves those prize's :)

Adjustment's for next event will be made as number's decreases.

Thank you very much, all advise and feedback is appreciated, and if something is highly requested, i will take into consideration for future events of course.

Will the argos still be there with both at Max maturity i did decent progress on codex on both when i hunted as a medium hunter !

Havent seen any other mob as natural spawn when i was flying around over the LA, and there is no Argo DNA installed.
Maybe it was in the past, but currently Molisk only, and to be honest, if i change the mob selection, it wont be the Argo's after i would go.

Added some tie breaker for most global score combined game too, those were missing before.

Added more information about team registry.

First "actual standing" i would like to post at tomorrow, EL tracker said 20 hour = all acces, but may not stands for 20 hour on Caly, so i had to buy credits, hopefully they will be added to my EL account at tomorrow.

Many globals in past 24 hours, gratz to everyone.

Unfortunately still not received my purchased credits for EL tracker, asap credits received, will post actual standing's.

Actually the big mollisks are more interesting than you would think, mollisk have an excellent hp to level ratio, makes them a good leveling mob all around. Theres already places with lower to mid level mobs as well, so the high maturities arent a bad idea for people looking to skill quick. Its good to note mollisk are one of the few mobs that actually have a better hp to level ratio the higher they get in maturity.

According to the wiki Youngs have 160 HP and are level 7, which comes to 22.9 Hp/level, while a Mollisk Warrior has 600 HP and is level 29, bringing it down further to 20.7 HP per level. And the Leader is 990 HP at level 45. Level 45 mob at sub 1000 HP is basically unheard of.

Last edited:
I will see the result at the end of the month, next month the "starving" will make them around mid level, 3rd month low level.
I will be able to compare the result's for all 3 months, and than decide what level should i choose, or in case not any of the result i like, i can replace them with an other mob.

Big molisk really not bad, i start to like them after 4 days of hunting, however i need a healer with me otherwise i would die too often.

Received the credits for the tracker, updated the 3rd post with the current standing.

Currently all 5 HSL is hunter, as there is no mining global yet.

8 global's today, Gratz to everybody.

Actual standings updated bump.

Actually the big mollisks are more interesting than you would think, mollisk have an excellent hp to level ratio, makes them a good leveling mob all around. Theres already places with lower to mid level mobs as well, so the high maturities arent a bad idea for people looking to skill quick. Its good to note mollisk are one of the few mobs that actually have a better hp to level ratio the higher they get in maturity.

According to the wiki Youngs have 160 HP and are level 7, which comes to 22.9 Hp/level, while a Mollisk Warrior has 600 HP and is level 29, bringing it down further to 20.7 HP per level. And the Leader is 990 HP at level 45. Level 45 mob at sub 1000 HP is basically unheard of.

Call me crazy but seems to me that this is a bad thing for a mob... danger level is a function of mob health and damage, being proportionate to those two parameters, ofc.

I mean - I can easily shoot down a 1000 HP mob if it hits for 20, even naked. It one hits me if it hits for 150...

Is there a connection between leveling speed and HP / level? I was under impression that was the function of PED spent shooting and efifciency... genuine question, Im curious.

I.

Yes, less hp / level is faster skilling.
Molisk have around half the HP compared to a same level Atrox for example.

Im hunting them in adjusted musca, with proper range and dps, they are dead before they could reach you.
The area at the right side of the river is flat, it is more easy there.

You can read more about it here and find a link to a more detailed thread

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/.../hunting-high-vs-low-on-skill-returns.277002/

Shopkeeper placed next to the Shed.

Will have some shrapnel always in case you ran out of ammo midhunt, and dont have a portable tt console.
Also will have some random item's in the rest of the space.

Currently

Shrapnel
5-6 random weapon's.
1-2 cheap ring
Laser and melee strongbox amp's
NeuroA pills
15mg hyper pills

Daily bump

Daily standing updated bump.

Mining globals has been scored, from now on, max 3 from each profession HSL rule is on!

Daily bump after a quiet Wednesday.

Current standing's can be found on 3rd post.
Need minimum 85p hunting global or 66p mining global to place (if same value, the newer global wins).

Shopkeeper next to the Shed with:

NeuroA pills 4p each
15mg hyper pills 25p each
15mg accu and deva pills 20p each
10mg hyper, accu and deva pills 5p each

some L weapon's
mayhem Laser alpha and delta amp
emergency shrapnel

daily bump

Daily bump, there were some bigger globals on Friday, top3 HSL is new in the list.

Currently needed 94 ped hunting global or 95 ped mining global to be placed.

Daily bump, standing's updated.

Minimum 152 ped hunting global or 154 ped mining global required to be placed for reward.

Halfway thru the event, monthly upkeep cost almost reached, prize pool can start growing hopefully this week.

Daily bump

Daily bump, kill some big Molisk while you can, there are fewer and fewer Leader spawns every day.

Im happy to see another OLA come to life :) please dont let it become another common mob OLA, would love to see something interesting on there. IMO Molisk is easy to find mob without tax :/

Back