Old player would like to come back

Makro

Hello.

I would like to ask You, what I will see, if I would come back. I started playing entropia when It was called PE and I finished about year after the NEVERDIE bought his asteroid (I think that there were two asteroids at that point. One which was bought by ND and second - with aliens). At that time, I was able to play easly with doing small deposits (10/20$ per month), I didn't had luck with HoFs, but I was doing some trading which allowed me to play from time to time. I'm wondering if now it is still possible? I know that game has changed a lot, there are vehicles, additional taxes (based on daily % at auctions ?).
So I would like to ask, if playing is still based on fighting for cash, hofs, and deposits? I understand that MA has to earn, but spending 100$ each month to do some hunting or mining it's not what I'm currently looking for. I would like to hear opinion from people who tries to play like me (10-20$/month). Of course opinion from other players is also welcome.

Hello.

I would like to ask You, what I will see, if I would come back. I started playing entropia when It was called PE and I finished about year after the NEVERDIE bought his asteroid (I think that there were two asteroids at that point. One which was bought by ND and second - with aliens). At that time, I was able to play easly with doing small deposits (10/20$ per month), I didn't had luck with HoFs, but I was doing some trading which allowed me to play from time to time. I'm wondering if now it is still possible? I know that game has changed a lot, there are vehicles, additional taxes (based on daily % at auctions ?).
So I would like to ask, if playing is still based on fighting for cash, hofs, and deposits? I understand that MA has to earn, but spending 100$ each month to do some hunting or mining it's not what I'm currently looking for. I would like to hear opinion from people who tries to play like me (10-20$/month). Of course opinion from other players is also welcome.

u can definitely play for $20 a month. and trading is still a good idea

u can definitely play for $20 a month. and trading is still a good idea

You can't do much, but you can still play for $20/month. But to be honest, MM S2 costs me $30/hour. So yeah... I guess it's not way to expensive to play.:scratch2:

Ape, if you lose 300ped an hour you do something wrong.

Now can you play for 20$ a month. Yes of-course, but it mainly depends on what you want. If you want to hunt with opalo (or the L equivalent, which are better, much better in eco); you can hunt many hours. You might want to slap an a10x on top of that; because eco is still important.
If you want to go 1k+ HP mobs, then unless you know what you do (and then you don't need to depo); 200ped won't last you more than 5h max, unless you get lucky.

Try all missions first. Start with the the newbie mission on Calypso, after that you should pop up in the new Cornith noobie mission (the sabakuma one). After that, go check the NPC's in PA. Check entropiawiki.com for missions, eco guns and stuff.

Don't sweat; really, price for sweat plummeted years ago.

And try to find some old friends that still play; they can fill up on the details, cause so much changed since then it is a whole different game. Try to get a flying vehicle (VTOL is best, low oil consumption).
Go to the other planets to do the noobie missons there and search a mentor
Even if you graduated previously, you can get a mentor again; at any skilllevel. If you are very skilled already the discipleship will go very fast (it's based on tt value of skills).
If you complete the descipleship you get adjusted pixie, which is the most eco UL armor I know off; it's just like it says, pixie with better protection; but many players use it.

Can you still trade? ofcourse; go visit twin peaks. You might want to study the market a while. It is a little bit more complex than it used to be. No ped and pecs in loot; alot more consumables and market fluctuates alot more. Something can be 101% one year and 150% the next.

What you really could use is a couple of old friends; or you old soc maybe?

ohh, and don't take stackables into space (space is kinda like PVP3 but without the need for tox shot)

you played back in the old engine. Mindark has gone through some lengths to ensure the cost to play can be low.

these are some improvements compared to the old days:

-shooting in the air does not cost ammo or decay on your weapon.
-mindark introduced puny mobs with 10-20 healthpoints which can be shot with really small weapons.
-to make this happen ammo has been upped from 2 ammo (jester/opalo) to 200 ammo. So weapons can spend 84 -ammo per shot which would be .84 ammo in the old engine
-you can set teams to include a percentage of loot for healers, so healers automatically can be paid
-you can still collect sweat, fruit and stones and on top of that on the different planets there are rookie oilrigs which payout 40-60 pecs per drop of oil. On rocktropia there is a pvp area that gives 1 pec of oil and also a beer garden which gives beer kegs which has a tt of 1 pec but sells for more markup on the auction.
- the price of sweat is at a constant 1.6 - 1.8 ped per 1000 bottles
- you can make a living doing taxi service to other planets and places using the vehicles
- there is money to be made if you collect rare items from other planets and sell them on another planet. The easiest is to buy tt-weaponry from other planets and sell it on planet calypso for tt+
- unlimited sib weaponry used to break at 50% which meant a lot of ped was tied into the weapon. Nowadays all weapons break at 3%. Unlimited sib weapons are becoming cheaper.
- due to a few cockups on other planets some weapons are cheaper as ever. You can buy unlimited sib swords
under 100 ped that do the same damage as a lower/midlevel sib pistol
- with more and more unlimited sib weaponry coming on to the market from the different planets all weapons are becoming cheaper to buy.
- for a 10/20 dollar a month player you could get a nice ozpyn weapon, which outclasses all tt-weaponry and is more eco.
- aside from the loot a creature gives you can also collect tokens, which can be traded into weaponry, armor, and amps.
- missions were invented to give all kinds of rewards
- A lot less "no looters" , most mobs you kill will have loot. Some will only contain fragments, which aren't worth a lot but it's better than nothing.
- Loot has been rebalanced, which means it's way harder to loot really big, but also harder to lose really big.

All in all there have been many improvements and I'm sure I forgot some.

There are drawbacks as well:

-You will not find a lot of unlimited items anymore. You will find some items but they will be limited, and you will find a whole lot less than you used to in 2006.
-No more peds/pecs in loot but only animal oils. what you get in a loot is not immediately visible, and there are a lot more small items which do not seem to have an immediate use. ON the other hand pecs and peds do not have markup, while the items you loot today can have a markup

If you do come back there are quite a few missions that can be done on each of the planets , some giving free stuff like a car on Calypso , Hoverpod on Arkadia .
If it is possible for you to find a mentor , when you graduate you get a nice set of adjusted pixie armor and a 4x4 truck.

There is a lot of things that have changed from when you last played especially with space and space travel. If you need any help/advice with that look me up on the player register ( this will also be new to you as well).

Oh and if you do go into space make sure your materials and mined resources tabs of your inventory are empty, there is a pretty good chance that a pirate will shoot you down and try to loot you.

GL !

As a miner, once you get your vehicule, oil, and mining equipments, you can survive with 30$/month but you need to be very careful about MU of ores/enmatters and record zone.

As a miner, once you get your vehicule, oil, and mining equipments, you can survive with 30$/month but you need to be very careful about MU of ores/enmatters and record zone.

Actually, to be true; you can survive with 100$ for 6 months. thing is that you have to have some reserve to get nice stacks of ores. Once you go to tk320 or higher you could actually float on MU if you know where to mine. Not sure his stats.

Actually, to be true; you can survive with 100$ for 6 months. thing is that you have to have some reserve to get nice stacks of ores. Once you go to tk320 or higher you could actually float on MU if you know where to mine. Not sure his stats.

I disagree. It's possible to profit from mining markup at much lower depths than that as long as you can average at least 110% MU and practice good mining habits and get some proper training. These days you can even profit on lyst. The key is you need a large enough ped card to support stacking and low loot periods, which is normally going to require a bit more than 1000 ped, especially if you like to explore and don't just mine a few ores all the time. Learning to use the auction house effectively is also important. Mining equipment though is very cheap.

Last edited:
with 200 ped per month, it is 100% possible to profit by trading

with 200 ped per month, it is 100% possible to profit by trading

Thank you all for the replies, it seems that a lot has changed (in good meaning).

I have last question, as always you could choose if you would like to be a miner, hunter or crafter.In old days, the most profitable was crafting I think, but it needed a lot of time, cash, and luck. When you were hunting - in 90% of runs you always were loosing 40-20% of peds which you spent on ammo.
When you were mining - you could often earn (because of MU), even if the tt value was below the cost of the bombs/surveys. And the mining didn't require a lot of cash to make profit.

I would like to ask how it looks now? Do crafters still loose half of theirs money when they don't craft high level things? Do miners have the biggest chance to profit?

In mining you can break even with markup. Crafting, I wouldn't recommend.
Hunting, well, there is the mythical 90% return on ammo+amp; so you need loot worth 111%; which is not really possible on most mobs.
It's a though live to break even :smoke:

I have last question, as always you could choose if you would like to be a miner, hunter or crafter.In old days, the most profitable was crafting I think, but it needed a lot of time, cash, and luck. When you were hunting - in 90% of runs you always were loosing 40-20% of peds which you spent on ammo.
When you were mining - you could often earn (because of MU), even if the tt value was below the cost of the bombs/surveys. And the mining didn't require a lot of cash to make profit.

I would like to ask how it looks now? Do crafters still loose half of theirs money when they don't craft high level things? Do miners have the biggest chance to profit?

Based on monthly returns I am able to consistently profit in crafting but I run it as a business, crafting to supply my shops rather than gambling on mining amps and such. Plus it does require a big ped reserve, - to ride out those bad craft run periods, to maintain a supply of materials, to have fully stocked shops. I have around 60k TT in shop inventory. I don't record my crafting input levels but estimate around 20k TT currently in storage. And I've spent a lot to acquire bps.
I think that crafting to sell on auction or to profit through hoffing is a losing proposition. 7 days is too short a time to expect for sales. Hofs often come in the form of gems which are mostly TT food and just like any profession, MA have designed the system so that long term TT returns are less than what you put in.
Even so, crafting is where the opportunities are.

I have no experience in mining but it looks like it possible to do ok if you know what you are doing.
Hunting is the funnest activity (IMO) bit also the hardest to break even in.

You can definitely return, but more has changed than stayed the same if you played when it was Project Entropia.

There is still storage, auction and Atlas Haven. Pretty much everything else has changed or moved. :)

As long you be low skilled, you can play that game very cheap. but if you skills grow, you need to have a lot ped to be able to play on you skill level. It also happens that you have a long time bad periods, like 40-60% payback over days. You also can easy lost 1k peds within 2-4 days if you be mid level player. A lot more if you be uber skilled. The more fun you have the more it cost to play, i think that is how MA made it.

20$ would not help me much to play on my skill level. This is in average the ammo i use for a short 30 min run. plus i have to pay decay for amp, L gun and my armor and fap. = plus 40-50 ped, depend the mobs i hunt.
oh yea, and then you get 40% payback of all that... this happens too often!

Back