Omegaton A101/A102 vs ?

Nazcoul

Mature
Society
Super Troopers
Nazcoul "Naz" Fellhound
Hello, been reading some about amplifiers. And see that over time the omegaton ampifiers who used to sell for TT + a couple of ped have risen to what i now see in the AH, Omegaton A101 is TT + about 110 PED...

So my question is, what amplifiers can be compared to these amplifiers?

i see amplifiers that are tt + 5 ped, do the same damage burn, but is a little bit more expensive in decay. But will those 110 ped weight up for the decay for something i pay 5 ped for?

Sorry for the lousy english :p

Atm im using a Breer M1a (L)

It's all about eco, really. Remember that not only are the L amps less eco, but you also have to pay markup for them, and can't repair them, meaning you'll pay marup again for each replacement. The A series amps are more eco and can be used as many times as you want after being purchased. Plus you can sell them for the same price after you're done with them, something you can't do with an L amp.

True, so for me having an Breer M1a should get a Omegaton A102?

Since it does 7 damage, and max for breer M1a is 14? (50%)

But why is the Omegaton A101 tt + 110 ped and the A102 tt + 50 ped?
(Omegaton A101 has 0,652 decay and A102 has 0,521)

Atm im using a Breer M1a (L)

Well if u dont have a big bankroll stick with (L) until you max the M4a I guess
Then you will probably hunt so much and by then have a bigger bankroll to get a a103/a104 amp.

It also depends on what lvl you are aiming for. If I started from scratch I would just breeze past the weapons where I would use an a101/a102. With the current SiB ladder you will lvl up very fast.

Oh and the more markup you pay for a gun/rifle, the more important (ecco-wise) to use biggest possible unlimited amp.

The best a1xx series make all weapons more ecco, --> corrected by instruction from addz.

Sure some other people have better info then this, just wrote what came to mind.

Oh and since you start from scratch, go BLP instead of Laser :)

Last edited:
Well if u dont have a big bankroll stick with (L) until you max the M4a I guess
Then you will probably hunt so much and by then have a bigger bankroll to get a a103/a104 amp.

It also depends on what lvl you are aiming for. If I started from scratch I would just breeze past the weapons where I would use an a101/a102. With the current SiB ladder you will lvl up very fast.

Oh and the more markup you pay for a gun/rifle, the more important (ecco-wise) to use biggest possible unlimited amp.

Breer M1a is less then 105% if i remember correctly? Not much ecco to use an amp at all imo.

Sure some other people have better info then this, just wrote what came to mind.

Even if they were TT food and you bought the weapons at 100% you are always still more eco to use the biggest possible amp from the a10x series.

Saying you dont have the info as a disclaimer isnt really a good excuse for giving newbies bad advice.

True, so for me having an Breer M1a should get a Omegaton A102?

Since it does 7 damage, and max for breer M1a is 14? (50%)

But why is the Omegaton A101 tt + 110 ped and the A102 tt + 50 ped?
(Omegaton A101 has 0,652 decay and A102 has 0,521)

don't forget that a102 uses 1 ammo burn per use, su dmg/pec a101 and a102 are the same.
To save peds on decay i think it's more eco to use an a102 on a m1a then a101 (atleast that's what i do when usin M1a)

a101 is probably more expensif because everyone has such amp to use on an opalo :)

Even if they were TT food and you bought the weapons at 100% you are always still more eco to use the biggest possible amp from the a10x series.

Saying you dont have the info as a disclaimer isnt really a good excuse for giving newbies bad advice.

You are totally right, but it did get the ball rolling and I relearned something I had forgotten. Corrected my post with your info.

Is this because the weapons I will use later in the game will be BLP rifles?

I think you're just fine with laser. Build up some skills, then when you can, switch to Handgun instead of Rifle (meaning: when you have some decent skilling Handguns, like Breer P3a, maxxed out, even by just skilling up with rifles).

It's important to have skills with both rifles (for tagging later on) and HG for quicker damage per second.

The problem with BLP is that while it does dish out more damage per second, it is also less eco, even when amped. So if you wanna play as eco as possible, stick to laser. There are some very good high-end laser weapons (and I'm not talking about imk2 and ModMerc). ;)

Because the end game weapons that made alot people go for laser in the early days are now so crazy expensive that alot of the reason to go with the laser path is now unreachable to most.

Hmm since I now have a rep of giving new players bad advice Im abit afraid to even give my thoughts on the subject ;)

When you reach lvl 31 in blp you will have better dmg/sec compared to those at lvl 41 laser. And you will most likely be more ecco then they are when you reach lvl 31. See it like this, you wont be able to hunt certain mobs untill lvl 41 if you go laser but if you go blp lvl 31 will be enough. (Big difference between lvl 31 and 41 ^^)
The earlier you get a bigger selection of mobs the better you can target the mobs with best mu.

Thinking of the Apis+dante combination when you reach lvl 31 in blp

Last edited:
It's all about eco, really. Remember that not only are the L amps less eco, but you also have to pay markup for them, and can't repair them, meaning you'll pay marup again for each replacement. The A series amps are more eco and can be used as many times as you want after being purchased. Plus you can sell them for the same price after you're done with them, something you can't do with an L amp.

Says it all here + rep for good answer :)

A101 is popular because:
1. It adds no ammo burn..you only pay decay
2. It works on an Opalo

But look at the prices on some of the Boom amps. They are sometimes available at very low mu and when they are they can be considered eco.
Avoid E-series amps, they have big decay and a high tt value that makes the repair bill ugly.

Amps from a10x series are best amps...

I must recomend to use biggest possible amp you and gun can afford ( of course from the a10X series ).. The amp is adding maximaly the minimum weapon dmg.. ( soo yeah, breer do 7 - 14 and a102 is giving 7 .. so it perfectly fit :) ) When you will put for example amp which is giving 15 dmg to the breer., it will give only these 7. So watch out for amp and minimum gun dmg.

And it goes like: higher the number on amp.. the higher is the eco so a102 is better then a101 etc... even it dont seems from the first view ( higher decay ammo burn )

And dont worry to buy a102 now, when you will have gun to put a103 on you can sell the a102 without a problem.

Hi,

I am level 24 laser and have around 3900 in rifle. I use an lr32 gun at the mo. What setup should i use to become more eco then?

All advice welcomed thanks guys:)

Hi,

I am level 24 laser and have around 3900 in rifle. I use an lr32 gun at the mo. What setup should i use to become more eco then?

All advice welcomed thanks guys:)

I'd say, wait until you max it. Then put the best Omegaton A amp you can.
A204/A106 are the best but their price and avaibility is out of range for common players.
A105 is fine too but its price is high still. Get it if you can afford it.
A104 still not too bad (of course less good than A204, A106 and A105), but not too expensive.

Keep in my mind you'll need more than 1 amp (maybe even 2 isn't enough) if you don't want to go to repair terminal not too often. These amp break fast.

If you want to save money, go laser. I did BLP from scratch and I regret it now. It's much more difficult to get (L) BLP weapons at a price that results in good damage/pec.

In (the good old times) the past you could use any kind of amp on your weapon.
It wasn't limited to maximum 50% of the total weapon damage.
Opalo's with A103 or A104 where very commonly used as eco weapons.
As well as Maddox IV with Dante. (Damn that was a hell of a combo :wtg: )

The A101 amped dropped very frequently, but since no-one would use it anyway almost everyone TT-ed them and the A103 also droped a lot.
Why use a A101 if you could use an A103 if it was even more eco and you did more dmg?

So A101 amps where TT food.

At a certain VU MA intruduced the 50% amp limit. and the A101 amps stopped dropping in loot.

So suddenly a lot of players that where using opalo where in need of an A101 amp since it was the only amp they still could use on their opalo.
So a lot of demand and only little availebility = high price.

If you play a lot and want to hunt eco with an opalo I think it's still worth to buy one.
I would advice always to use the biggest A10x amp you can put on your weapon.
If you use a more powerfull weapon you can use a bigger amp. The A10x (and A20x) series will always improve the average eco of any laser weapon.

The IMKII is the only exception since it has a higher eco than the A10x and A20x serie amps.

For those with an LR series weapons could consider the E-Amp15.
It's less eco than the A106 or A204 but it does even more dmg. It's very cheap. And it will still improve your economy on a weapon where you have to pay 20% markup.

Last edited:
I must say, this post got more popular than i thought it would :) Alot, and i mean alot of great tips here! i surely helped me understand the whole amp thing alot more :D

Now i just need to read me up on the whole laser sight and scope theme :laugh:

I must say, this post got more popular than i thought it would :) Alot, and i mean alot of great tips here! i surely helped me understand the whole amp thing alot more :D

Now i just need to read me up on the whole laser sight and scope theme :laugh:

I think they tested it out with scopes and sights, and came to some conclusion that they do help, if you're using un-maxed guns!

If you amp a Breer m1a with a A102, you'll deal more damage than a m2a and it will be more eco (dmg/PEC). but the decay of the m2a is cheaper and an amped m1a is much more expensive to get than a m2a.

Pick your poison :silly2:

Killing better mobs early

or

Skilling until m2a

(yes, i made a small study of a m2a vs amped m1a)

the real advantage of buying a 10x series over a (L) amp is that you now have something that doesn't drop anymore and will probably at least retain its value...

if you use it enough and play long enough for it to to at least half pay for itself, you're in good shape

Last edited:
Back