Omegaton A104 Ancient

I did some quick research on which weapons this amp would be useful for, looking only at UL weapons since obviously if you're going to sink a large sum of PED into an UL amp like this you're probably wanting to use it for an UL weapon.

Every single weapon above this is better used with A105 or bigger amps, every single weapon below this is better used with A103 or smaller amps.

6bHwBRU.png

So, with this we can see:

• PLR-10 and P4a are the only SIB choices which fit this amp well, both have garbage eco and would defeat the purpose entirely.
  • M2722 Adjusted, A&P Series Hero, A&P Series Hero Ancient, Mar-Spark Davidov, EP-32 Enforcer SGA are all non-SIB and have mediocre/garbage eco and would defeat the purpose entirely.
  • A-3 Punisher Mk.II, SGA Edition is non-SIB but has decent eco.

So, in essence, the entire customer base for this amp boils down to a single use case, where a player would need to be very close to level 100 or above level 100 to make it worthwhile to use, and also would for some reason would have any interest in hunting at 16-18DPS and repairing their amp every 34-40 minutes.

Seems like a pretty worthless novelty item to me, I'd also advise against overamping as the owner keeps strangely recommending, since that will obviously hurt your DPP and the Efficiency increase is irrelevant because your Efficiency is only going up relative to the pointless costs you're adding which will be returned to you at sub-100%, and even if you did want to over-amp to "bump up your Efficiency" at the cost of DPP and logic, a bigger and cheaper amp would do a better job.

It does have the word Ancient in the name though, I think I'll go bid on it since I'm a fan of oldschool items like that :cool:

Last edited:

It does have the word Ancient in the name though, I think I'll go bid on it since I'm a fan of oldschool items like that :cool:

TBH for +350 I was thinking about bidding.

Last i looked it was +500 though and that's much more than I would personally ever 'recover' using this amp. A little too rich for me :silly2:

edit: o damn darkaruki doubled down

TBH for +350 I was thinking about bidding.

Last i looked it was +500 though and that's much more than I would personally ever 'recover' using this amp. A little too rich for me :silly2:

edit: o damn darkaruki doubled down

By my calculations I would only need Level 89 Laser Sniper (Hit) for it to be worthwhile to use with A-3 Punisher Mk.II, SGA Edition as my finisher vs using Riker UL2+A103!

Not that finishers even really matter much at all in Loot 2.0, so it would pretty much just be for fun.

.... looking only at UL weapons since obviously if you're going to sink a large sum of PED into an UL amp like this you're probably wanting to use it for an UL weapon.

Why is it obvious that you want to use it on UL weapons only??
An UL amp is perfect for any L weapon it fits to.

I think it's better to invest a large sum in an amp (that fits multiple weapons) than to invest it in 1 rifle/pistol.

Just slap it on any cheap 28/29dmg (L) weapon you can find or loot.

By my calculations I would only need Level 89 Laser Sniper (Hit) for it to be worthwhile to use with A-3 Punisher Mk.II, SGA Edition as my finisher vs using Riker UL2+A103!

Not that finishers even really matter much at all in Loot 2.0, so it would pretty much just be for fun.

Aye can also be a tagger if you're not otherwise rifling.

I've wasted PEDS on a lot worse :wtg:

Totally off-topic by now but this guy is also posting in threads to buy mayhem guns now.

There's no need really to take anything he says seriously, but especially the pity party stuff about being broke or any of that.

It's just to get a sale.

LOL What sell? No-one Could Care less that I lost my car or that I went hunger for months :)

I guess this form can be full of unfeeling people at times.

Last edited:
Back