On behalf of TRASC

Phil Surtees

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Phil Hill Surtees
In my capacity as Communications Officer of The Royal Astronomy Society of Calypso, I am registering a complaint about the lack of night sky resolution.
Let me illustrate with two images- the first is a naked eye view of one of the moons, the second is a telescopic image of the same moon:

As you can see, the telescopic view is actually worse than the naked eye's view! This is preposterous!
And thats not all: Despite careful observation and cataloging of the night sky, none of our members or correspondents has been able to locate CP or CND!
And we have reliable records from the past that indicate no one ever observed the War Titan, which supposedly impacted this planet in the past.
The members have been speculating on all of this..are our optics so poor?
Are we in a "pocket universe" with no real sky? What are the authorities concealing from us?
We demand full disclosure from the authorities. Don't make us call on the Doctor.

Last edited:
That second picture is a mirror image of your eye. :laugh:

Certainly an interesting observation...

Are we in a "pocket universe" with no real sky? What are the authorities concealing from us?

You mean like in "The Truman Show"?

Sorry to tell, but that moon is made of cardboard.

Sorry :(

*Mick Miĵecklesŭn, Creator of Calypso's moons*

P.S. it reads Miyecklesán

Last edited:
No cheese Wallis OMG ...

Thats what you get if you buy a scope with crappy optics. Complain to your local crafter to use quality optics next time :p

From a technical real world standpoint there is nothing abnormal about a telestopic view of the moon being worse then a naked eye view. Its all about optics quality. If you have had the pleasure of looking through high quality optics vs cheap stuff its night and day difference.

Back