On the Run (Part III) Ch.2 'The Dream' i)

Oracle

Elite
Society
Scorpio
Oracle Kev FountofWisdom
On the Run [Part III] Aftermath Ch.2 The Dream

It was a dream and I was aware that I was dreaming.

Sat beneath a palm tree, about 50 yards from the estuary of a large river, I failed to slake my thirst with the last remnants from my water bottle.

Tossing the empty bottle towards the water's edge, I cursed the relentless heat of the sun, I cursed my luck and I cursed the futility of this life on the run, fleeing from everyone and with no place to go.

I briefly considered just walking into the water, letting the current wash me away into the sea and ending my worries for good.

But these negative thoughts were interrupted by flashes of colour in the water moving towards where I was sat: brilliant blue piercing colours that reminded me of kingfisher birds darting above the water looking for their next meal.

It wasn't until the water became too shallow to swim that the girl in the fluorescent turquoise bikini stood up and walked the rest of the way to the sandy shore.

She looked like a cross between a Bond girl and an athlete, a pistol strapped to the top of her right thigh, her hips swaying towards where I was sat I watched this beautiful creature confidently and purposely glide towards me.

'Found you at last!', she said, sitting down next to me, close enough to get a mini-shower as she tousled her hair and close enough to observe the little rivers of saltwater and sweat trickling over the mesmerising curves of her fit,tanned body.

'Hi I'm Syra, and I know all about you'.

I opened my mouth without speaking, weakened by hunger, thirst and exhaustion and not being able to make enough sense of things to utter something coherent.

'Here drink this', she said, giving me a water bottle she took from a small shoulder bag that my greedy, darting eyes had somehow failed to perceive.

Gulping down the contents of the bottle she pressed an energy bar into one hand and within a few minutes I was feeling stronger.

'Come', said Syra, 'it's not far and there is a lot to explain'.

We stood up and I started to follow her as the dream sequence changed....

(to be continued)

Previous Episodes:

On the Run [Part III] Aftermath Ch.1 Amnesia
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/fan-fiction/60035-run-part-iii-1-a.html#post719504

On the Run [Part II]: Encounter with Mr Pink (Dedicated to Kimmi)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/fan-fiction/60034-run-part-ii.html#post719496

On the Run [Part I]
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/fan-fiction/60033-run-part-i.html#post719487

Last edited:
On the Run (Part III) Ch.2 'The Dream' ii)

On the Run (Part III) Ch.2 'The Dream' ii)

the dream sequence changed...

I was in a high speed elevator decending rapidly...the girl, Syra, was stood next to me, now dressed in what looked like military style pants but still wearing her flurorescent turquoise bikini top, glowing brightly in the dim lighting.

Syra swiped a card into a security lock, the door opened and I followed into a sparsely furnished office-like room.

A table, two desks with monitors, a cupboard and a few paintings hanging on one of the walls next to another door.

'There's some energy bars in that cupboard' said Syra, 'it's open, help yourself whilst I take a shower'.

'Thanks', I replied as she walked out of the room through another door that was already part opened.

Moving towards the cupboard I filled my pockets with energy bars and took a long drink from one of the water containers, all the time listening for the shower motor to engage.

When it did so I quickly went through the pockets of her pants on the off-chance that she had left her security card inside them.

She had!

And furthermore, what a security card! I recognised it immediately as a Government Security Pass, or 'G-Card' for short, owned only by high-status government personnel and some special forces agents.

My guess was that Syra was in the latter category and my brain was now swirling, thinking how I could use this prize resource to my advantage.

G-Cards can open all doors, literally, though usually in tandem with iris recognition security. But they also gave access to top level security operations as well as access to immediate high-limit cash transfers and vehicles.

Before Syra returned I swiped the card to gain access to a terminal and did a search on my name: sure enough I was being hunted for multiple homicide as I already guessed.

But there was more...I was to be offered a reprieve if I agreed to volunteer for a dangerous space mission...no details were specified but I got the impression that it was a 'one-way trip'.

Some reprieve I thought to myself!

The door opened suddenly and I spun around: I'd been caught and the girl, wrapped in a towel and not yet dry from her shower, shrieked as she reached for her pistol still strapped to her thigh.

Without thought, feelings or any sense of morals I instinctively fired my carbine and the first shot hit her in the middle of her face, taking her head clean off of her shoulders and richocheting hard into a now bloody portrait of President Neo on the wall behind her.

Syra's torso dropped to the floor a short distance from her now blood soaked towel. Perversely I felt a frisson of excitement seeing the remains of her naked and still beautiful body whilst at the same time hating myself for it and for what I had just done.

This changed everything. There would be now no reprieve for me under any circumstances and I decided to try and find a ship and take my chances in space.

Maybe I can find a safe planet and start a new life there, a new identity where I no longer need to be permanently on the run?

to be continued...

Back