On what bomb/probe do you get SOOTO?

On which bomb/probe do you get SOOTO on planet?

• 500th or less

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • 1000th

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • 2000th

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • 5000th

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • 10000th

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • More than 10000th

Votes: 40 31.0%

• Total voters
I know I just want to know the percentage chance because there should be one ;)

There is one for sure - but NOONE will tell you :rolleyes: Not because we dont want to, but because only MA staff could possibly do that and they wont. As you see many ppl have different experience and tell different chance. This shows that luck factor plays important role here. So just keep bombing - finally you'll get it.

got many angel scales in my early days...only thing recently was 3 hansidian rocks...not 3 ped, 3 rocks/ores...and 746 angel scales three days ago :D

There is one for sure - but NOONE will tell you :rolleyes: Not because we dont want to, but because only MA staff could possibly do that and they wont. As you see many ppl have different experience and tell different chance. This shows that luck factor plays important role here. So just keep bombing - finally you'll get it.

My intention was that the community would work together with their information to find that out mate ;) ofc it will not be accurate, but better that nothing :)

mmm, I get a unusual find about ever 11k drops.

I haven't found any in aaages 10k bombs maybe at a complete guess. I have found two in one run in the past though.

maybe better if we do it like xxxx amount bomb or probes per month

Super randomly.

[edit]
Seriously though, this is what I mean;

There was a week early last year I had 4... 1 hansidian, 1 angel, 2 spaceships. There was also a period from my first find (around my 400-500th bomb) which was just before the bot wars in 2008, until March 2009 - in which I was basically a fulltime miner (unamped) - I had only 1 spaceship.
There's others like - one which springs to mind - I was mining near NSB pulling trains of Corn behind me and got 2 OOTO (both hansidian) in one run from NSB to Zeus (pre VU10) .
I also remember late last year going like 3 months without one and remember wondering if I wasn't finding them because I was dropping more and more bombs due to my increasing spending habits lol...

Honestly, my opinion is that they spawn and if you happen to bomb the exact spot, then you get it (or something along those lines, you know what I mean hehe). There's no way I could even guesstimate the # bombs as it's waaaay too random, in my experience.
Also my only IRL friend that didn't listen to me and actually started playing, deposited $100 and cycled it with tt enmat finder until it was gone, without ever seeing one.

Last edited:
I found 2 claims with OOTO the day I hit my unamped enmatter tower. Other times I've gone 3-5 weeks without finding OOTO.

I think it is a low chance which occurs randomly, there doesn't seem to be any set amount of drops between finding OOTO.

level 15 prosp and 5 surveyor, I don't know on which bomb/probe, probably more than 10k :|

Pre vu 10, on a large sample size ~70k bombs/probes, i got one every ~4,000 probes or bombs. Sometimes i would get 2 in the space of a few hundred drops and sometimes i would drop 10,000 bombs and get none.

Thats not counting the robot space ships i got, if you count them as out of the ordinary. Then i was getting an ooto every ~3,000 bombs or probes.

Back