Open for general discussion - Newcomer Initiative, towards the future.

Status

Viperstrike

Stalker
Banned
Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike
viper-banner-728x90.jpg

Hi All,

I thought this be best placed in the general discussion area as I would like input back from all of the Calypsian community, veterans and newcomers alike.

I have been in discussions with MindArk, David more specially the CEO and other players such as the guys at Southern Fortress Engineering in looking to keeping the initiative going over the course of 2013.

My current predicament is that I have run into a major brick wall IRL regarding the taxman which sees all my available funds being consumed each month (roughly 600USD/month) in repayments for outstanding tax.

To add to this problem, my mother has had one of her prosthetic implants break in one of her knees
(26th Dec 2012) which has rendered her as unable to walk. The doctors after 3 opinions have decided not to operate as her other conditions, especially diabetis may see her die under the knife or worse still, need to amputate the limb at the knee.

The added problem is that I now have to find money to help with some support around the house since I look after her these days with my younger brother. As a family we are pulling together to buy these support needs, such as wheelchair, shower and toilet supports, ramps in and out of the house, which do not come cheap.

To help support this, I am chipping out completely of Entropia but will continue to stay on and help out newcomers which to be honest gives me better enjoyment of the game than what I have experienced to date with doing my own thing hunting, mining & crafting.

So now what is all this open discussion about then:

As your probably aware already, MindArk has thus far vouched 1,000 PED towards the initiative which will support 40 newcomer packs and the rest I rely on community support to reach the 2,000 PED required to hand out 60 packs & a grand prize each month with tasks attached for entry.

In my discussions with David CEO @ MindArk, I have recently put up the following idea:

Once I chip out all my skill, I was looking to close down my account and request a new account to be opened by Mindark/Calypso team to support the Calypso Initiative.

I would become an official community support member with the name Viperstrike|Calypso.

This would stictly be a trial to see how it would work out over the coming months

I have requested 2,000 PED (1,000 PED MA, 1,000 PED Calypso) to support 80 newcomer starter packs, as I am finding that 60 goes within the first week of the month.

FEB has seen so far upto the 7th of FEB which is not over yet,
59 people register, 50 packs delivered.

I would then look for support from the community to donate towards a Grand Prize for each month.
This would be of value 500 PED and would include something like this:

What the "Monthly Grand Prize" includes:

The monthly grand prize should see many newcomers quite excited at what is on offer!

monthlygrandprize.jpg

Included:

• Mindforce Starter Pack, inc. 6 attack chips, 1 heal chip, impant, 500k S.M.E. and inserter.
  • Melee Starter Pack, inc. 3 weapons - Sword, Knife and powerfist.
  • Vehicle Pack, inc. Quad Wing and a Pitbull along with 10 PED fuel for each vehicle.
  • Rocket Launcher & Ammo, inc. Rocket Launcher, Amp, 400k Laser Cells and 100k Projectiles.
  • Armor Pack, inc. full 7 piece set of Canis Armor crafted to your gender by the guys at SFE.

Total Value = Over 500 PED!

Conditions of entering the grand prize:

You must use your "Newcomer Starter Pack" wisely to both enter and then claim the grand prize if you win.

The condition for entry is that you complete the "Kill 100 Puny creatures" mission.
The condition for claiming the grand prize if you win is to complete the "Kill 500 Puny creatures" mission.

I would like feedback from the community on their thoughts and feelings regarding all of this:

1. Becoming a non-playing Calypso support member with an official title
2. The request made for 2,000 PED to support 80 x 25 ped kits for newcomers
3. The tasks involved for newcomers to get a pack
4. Anything I may have missed

Link here for the latest initiative >
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...comer-Starter-Pack-Initiative-FEB-to-DEC-2013

My goal is to help out newcomers over the next two years offering my time and effort freely in exchange that MindArk and the Calypsian community can help in some way add to the experience of newcomers to our planet and forums.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions needed.
Positive or negative feedback welcomed, please do not shy away.

I wish to assess the viability of all this before going further into talks with MindArk and the Calypso teams.

Thanks all,
Viper

Last edited:
No input yet, please don't be shy.

Ok let me start with a point:

• As a Calypso support member on the forums, I would not be able to weigh in on any other topic of discussion that did not involve the initiative or newcomer related discussions such as events.

ie. I would keep strictly to updating the newcomer initiative thread each day and on occassion may post in newcomer style event threads praising them and/or wishing the entrants good luck :)

Cheers,
Viper

Last edited:
First off sorry to hear about your mother!

Second, Must spread reputation blah blah

Thirdly I see no issue with anything you have outlined.

First off sorry to hear about your mother!

Cheers bud, she is a trooper, very stubborn in wanting to be totally independent but still a tropper, 7 of us kids :)

Not looking for sympathy, was just saying the extra expense now the doctors have decided not to operate.

She is generally a happy woman, had her days, as she puts it, I am now in gods waiting room lol.

Second, Must spread reputation blah blah

hehe thanks, np ;)

Thirdly I see no issue with anything you have outlined.

Ok thanks Rob,

I am generally looking for peoples concerns for the most part;
And any suggestions to help improve the initiative.

Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike I will put to sleep once all chipped out.

If and when the new Calypso Viperstrike appears I hope to tackle any concerns one may have about anything they would fear ? Not sure what tbh, but you know, I am not a mind reader, so I wish to put anyones mind to rest on any issues they may have.

I would be strictly a support member only for the newcomer initiative, nothing more.

Duties may include also recommending people a society and mentor if they are having difficulty.

Cheers,
Viper

:cry::hug: I hope things work out for you at home!

I think you may do some good as a rep. :yup: You have my vote!! :yay:

:cry::hug: I hope things work out for you at home!

I think you may do some good as a rep. :yup: You have my vote!! :yay:

We are getting our stuff together, I feel dumb over the tax issue and rightly should too.

And thanks for your vote Nor, I appreciate it :)

So another words you got your ass in over your head and now you want MA and the community to front the peds for your nooblet packs.

-Bemo-

Imho, any 'official' funding for this should come from the Calypso Planet Partner, rather than from MindArk.

Alternately, to be fair, MindArk should fund the same initiative on all planets, not just Calypso.

So another words you got your ass in over your head and now you want MA and the community to front the peds for your nooblet packs.

-Bemo-

Yes, unfortunately the tax issue came as a surprise to me on this day whilst the newcomer initiative was running:

Hi All,

I have seen the bank this morning which were no help, I am currently at my lending limit on the line of credit.

Surprising though the tax department was very understanding of my circumstances :)

They have given me a 2 year extension and slapped me with a 10% fine on the 12k outstanding,
So all in all ~ 13k as I managed to pay them the 5k I had saved.

What does this mean for Entropia Universe play:

I can only now manage to deposit $ 50 to 100 usd a month.

What does this mean for the initiative:

Unfortunately I may have to close down the initiative completely as I can no longer afford ot do it as my repayments to the tax department are auto-deducted from my savings account @ 600 a month for the next 2 years. This is pretty much what I had available to play Entropia with.

I will however honor all those packs to be given out for Feb that are on the list so far and ofc the Jan grand prize. Beyond this, I can not go any further financially for now as much as I would love to keep going with the initiative, I just can't see a way forward for now.

Thanks for understanding,
Viper

However that being said, a few have offered great support to keep it running:

This evening,

I have had person who wants to remain anonymous help towards sponsoring the remainder of Feb-2013 "Newcomer starter Packs". Sorry i am still gobsmacked, this person is a true robin hood :)

Anyway this person who shall remain an unnamed legend and scholar has given me a Calypso Land Deed to sell. This will see me through giving out the remainder of the 50 odd newcomer packs for FEB-2013.

Please sign up newcomers, we are rolling for FEB-2013 once again! :yay:

+1200 PED added to the finances to give out to newcomers in the form of starter packs :wtg:

I will share more news at a later date once firm sponsorship(s) can be established to keep this caravan of goodwill on the road for newcomers to Calypso for 2013.

Cheers,
Viper

: Happy snap! And yes, still gobsmacked and lost for words!

Hi all,

I have some fantastic news! WOW is all I can say for now.

HeadShot Pro Gamer has had some unfortunate news IRL and would like to be remembered in a positive way. He has therefore donated 1,000 PED out of the 2,000 PED required for the March initiative to continue!

: Happy snap.

Also to add to this, David, the CEO of MindArk has committed 1,000 PED to the initiative, ongoing.

I would like to make a special thankyou to both HeadShot Pro Gamer and MindArk for their kind gestures.

The initaitve lives on :D For March anyway, I will also see what others have to offer for April and beyond.

Cheers,
Viper

And beyond this have chipped out some of my skill to help pay for the remainder of the FEB-2013 listing.

SFE have also detailed to myself and MA a strategy for funding the initiative, however I feel it too much to ask other players to fully fund the initiative so have turned to MindArk to help it continue.

MindArk have so far vouched 1,000 PED, however this is not near enough to successfully cover the newcomers appearing and doing the tasks;

You should see camp Icarus, very busy now most of the day around, newcomers doing the puny mission to get underway. It is great! :)

Anyway your objection and neg rep is noted and welcomed,

Thanks for the input Bemo,
Viper

Last edited:
Imho, any 'official' funding for this should come from the Calypso Planet Partner, rather than from MindArk.

Alternately, to be fair, MindArk should fund the same initiative on all planets, not just Calypso.

I agree with you Serica,

Maybe a 50/50 offering since the profit sharing model is as such.

I am opening this up for general discussion to be transparent as possible;

For now, MindArk owns Calypso, so funding still has to be approved from the bosses,
David|Mindark & Kim|Calypso.

This is an experimental offering only for now; A trial run if you wish and may in the future develop (once refined) to other planets.

Both David, Kim and the marketing team are watching this thread so please, put down all your concerns and wishes as they will ultimately be the ones who approve or disapprove of this all ocurring.

I am in the middle of talks so far with MindArk, but do not wish to go further until I get a general feel for what the community as a whole would like.

Keep in mind this is a lot of work on my part too, I am not receiving anything from doing this other than the satisfaction of helping the game grow and meeting new people.

Cheers,
Viper

Last edited:

Im sure CLD owners will love that :rolleyes:

-Bemo-

Im sure CLD owners will love that :rolleyes:

-Bemo-

Keep in mind it is only 1,000 PED from each I am requesting each month. 250 ped a week from each. In reply, I think it is fair since both are receiving a 50/50 cut of overall net profits:

I agree with you Serica,

Maybe a 50/50 offering since the profit sharing model is as such.

So you want to force people to pay out of the CLD's they own to fund your project that you no longer are funding. Seems as you want the fame of being the "Great Noob Helper" but want others to pay for it. Yea ok.

-Bemo-

Why ? It has no effect on CLD payout, anymore than any other $200USD expense/month for operating costs would do.

Even if it DID all come out of the CLD payout side of the PP Gross Revenue, it would amount to 2000PED*12/52/60000CLD - or about 0.77pec/CLD per week. 77ammo. 1 shot from an Opalo costs more.

In the meantime, there's the potential for a higher player retention %, with associated potential for higher gross income.

Vision!

Hi,

I do not see this being ultimately a one person job/task.

I would eventually like to see if this all works out, other trusted members of the community logging into a newcomer initiative avatar to help out newcomers to Calypso, Rocktopia, Cyrene and Arkadia too;

And beyond that to new planets that may arrive in the future.

For now however this will be purely an experiment done on Calypso for at least a number of months to refine the offering and tasks and to identify risks and problematic issues that may arise.

Once I & eventually others can get the operation running smoothly, I would hope that others, Neverdie, David @ Arkadia and the Cyrene developers would come onboard with their selected newcomer initiative representatives.

I think it unfair ultimately to do this for one planet only.

The reasoning behind an official avatar is mostly to do with funds tracking;
MindArk as they rightly should have asked for a detailed report each month.

I think it is only fair that this be a part of the condition to keep the offering official.

Also I have left the monthly grand prize open to the community to decide upon and fund each month.
I have offered my opinion and suggestions on this in the Opening Post but am open to other ideas.

Cheers,
Viper

So you want to force people to pay out of the CLD's they own to fund your project that you no longer are funding. Seems as you want the fame of being the "Great Noob Helper" but want others to pay for it. Yea ok.

-Bemo-

Noted Bemo, I think Serica has put it down well.

I know we have our diferences, but your tunnel vision is surprising in not seeing the net worth of player activity and possible retention (eg, Value in depositing and continuing once some MOMENTUM has been gained by that player)

In the meantime, there's the potential for a higher player retention %, with associated potential for higher gross income.

Agreed :)

Anyhow guys, keep the concerns and feedback coming in. Positive or negative, but let us keep this constructive.

As I have said to the other parties involved, I am more than happy to put in the time and effort to make this a successful and viable value added addition to Entropia over at least the next 2 years.

One suggestion I'd have is for MindArk to come to the party with increased survelliance of the recipients of these newstarter packs, through their logs, to minimise the farming of them by existing players using alts.

I have no doubt that such farming will happen. (The Calypso Community Guides all witnessed significant ped-farming on the old Gateway for far less effort and less return than offered here.) When it does, I'd like there to be consequences for the main account, as a deterrent to others.

One suggestion I'd have is for MindArk to come to the party with increased survelliance of the recipients of these newstarter packs, through their logs, to minimise the farming of them by existing players using alts.

I have no doubt that such farming will happen. (The Calypso Community Guides all witnessed significant ped-farming on the old Gateway for far less effort and less return than offered here.) When it does, I'd like there to be consequences for the main account, as a deterrent to others.

Hi Serica,

Once again I agree with you and this will be a part of the monthly report.

Though I wish to take onboard as much as the survelliance as possible to free up MindArks' time for more important activities.

It has been trying, hence revision 3 now of the initiative has somewhat (not entirely) addressed this concern by adding a number of tasks the Newcomer must first achieve.

The intention later is to develop through networking a contact network for recommended societies for newcomers and mentors and hopefully on occassion receive some feedback, which some like the mentor SarRob have been doing, which has proved to be very helpful.

Anyway here are the tasks, 1 to 7:

With a review of the previous initiative and a some problematic issues that I faced during the last month running the initiative involving "suspected" multiple accounts. Revision 3 will ensure that more starter packs (60 in total) will go out each month along with a guaranteed grand prize at the end of the month while resolving the issues I have faced in the last month. The starter kits and monthly prize will be awarded to those who have completed a simple set of tasks assigned as conditions. More on these tasks later.

<snip>

How does this work and how do I claim a Newcomer Starter Pack?:

Note: You must be less than 1 month old ingame to claim a "Newcomer Starter pack".

The goal behind this is to get you actively involved within the community, both on this forum and within the game. Once these tasks have been achieved, you will be rewarded with your Newcomer Starter Pack.

There are a set of tasks one must complete before claiming their newcomer starter pack,
these are as follows:

1. Registering with this forum - Planet Calypso Forum (PCF)
  2. Posting a proper introduction to say hello and a little about yourself including your full ingame name
  3. Posting a request to join a society ingame if you have not already joined one.
  4. Posting a request for a mentor if you do not already have one.
  5. Post both your society name and mentor name once you have found them in this thread.
  6. Adding myself as a friend ingame so we can chat - Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike
  7. Finally - You must acquire the teleporter in game known as "Neas Place".
Please Note: Your forum sign in name is different from your Entropia game login details, do not make these the same.

Request for a societies can be made in this section of the forum >
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-SocTalk

Request for a mentor can be made in this section of the forum >
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?66-Mentors-and-Disciples

Details on Nea's Place can be found here on our wiki >
http://planetcalypso.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=LandArea&name=Amethera_Outback_Land_#16

Online times.

Hi,

I am doing my best to set a routine up, however it is not always the case. Sometimes I log in at these times, other days depending on RL duties I log in every hour or two, 8am to 12 midnight.

Hi All,

In an attempt to find as many newcomers as possible, I am going to try for the daily routine of being online for a least and hour or two between the following times:

I live in Australia, near Sydney, so all times atm are GMT (MA Time) + 11 hours.

08:00 to 09:00 my time (19:00 to 20:00 MA time)
14:00 to 15:00 my time (01:00 to 02:00 MA time)
20:00 to 21:00 my time (07:00 to 08:00 MA time)

So basically my times start at 8am, 2pm, 8pm :)

Now this will not be every single day, but at least 90% of the time I will "try" to be on at these times.

Cheers,
Viper

Viper,

Bemo, and others of the same opinion can carry on being negative all they want. In my eyes.

What you are doing is amazing, and you have all my sympathy and empathy(My dad is in a similar situation, though we are lucky that it isn't so extreme and he can still look after himself and my mom.).

And on top of this you are doing something generous for the game and player base in general.
I think this would be a very big step forward, and is something Caly/MA should have done a long time ago.
I firmly support you in this.

I believe it's a worthwhile effort and will bear fruit we will all enjoy.

Serica also raises good points, MA will have to make sure this doesn't get abused.

First off all, sorry to hear about your mother and irl situation.

That said, I disagree with your idea, plain and simple. Half of those people you have provided with 'starter' packs are second, third or whatnot avis taking advantage of you. And even if that number is lower, have you ever considered the following:

- If a person is rich enough irl to afford an internet connection suitable to play EU alongside having a capable computer and time to play, why on earth would you give him/her freebies ?

I especially dislike this idea if MA or Calypso funding would be involved as we already HAVE a starter area where people get a sample of most things available in EU for free ... Yes, MA has already created a 'testing' area for new players. Should those players wanting to continue playing EU then either sweat your arse off or simply deposit. Deposits are what keeps this game alive.

I personally think that your idea is counterproductive as some peds will flow into existing accounts and other peds might not get deposited (as they would now come from MA, Caly).

So if I might give you a 'freebie' in terms of advise. Stop this nonsense and focus on your irl issues, pay the taxman, care for your mother and use the remaining time (and funds) to enjoy this game as it meant to be instead of being a Samaritan to people that aren't in need to start off with.

Angel

Viper,

Bemo, and others of the same opinion can carry on being negative all they want. In my eyes.

What you are doing is amazing, and you have all my sympathy and empathy(My dad is in a similar situation, though we are lucky that it isn't so extreme and he can still look after himself and my mom.).

And on top of this you are doing something generous for the game and player base in general.
I think this would be a very big step forward, and is something Caly/MA should have done a long time ago.
I firmly support you in this.

I believe it's a worthwhile effort and will bear fruit we will all enjoy.

Serica also raises good points, MA will have to make sure this doesn't get abused.

Thanks for the support Farthing,
Yes tackling the abuser of such a system would be the top priority.

To be honest, Feb-2013 has been the most productive yet whereby I have seen all the avatars who have received a pack online multiple times (Bar one, I know he is having issues with the latest update as he PM'd me here on the forum).

Cheers,
Viper

First off all, sorry to hear about your mother and irl situation.

That said, I disagree with your idea, plain and simple. Half of those people you have provided with 'starter' packs are second, third or whatnot avis taking advantage of you. And even if that number is lower, have you ever considered the following:

- If a person is rich enough irl to afford an internet connection suitable to play EU alongside having a capable computer and time to play, why on earth would you give him/her freebies ?

I especially dislike this idea if MA or Calypso funding would be involved as we already HAVE a starter area where people get a sample of most things available in EU for free ... Yes, MA has already created a 'testing' area for new players. Should those players wanting to continue playing EU then either sweat your arse off or simply deposit. Deposits are what keeps this game alive.

I personally think that your idea is counterproductive as some peds will flow into existing accounts and other peds might not get deposited (as they would now come from MA, Caly).

So if I might give you a 'freebie' in terms of advise. Stop this nonsense and focus on your irl issues, pay the taxman, care for your mother and use the remaining time (and funds) to enjoy this game as it meant to be instead of being a Samaritan to people that aren't in need to start off with.

Angel

Hi Angel, I note your objection.

Many of the newcomers are still trying out and/or are suspicious of the whole RCE concept.

This freebie pack worth 25 PED is a good way to get them started out and to gain some momentum into finding more out about the value of the game.

I only wish I could share some of the conversations I have had in length with numerous newcomers in reference to their starting exprience and how much the pack has helped them in staying on "thus far"

My RL issues are not a drama, they are catered for, I merely provided the reasoning as to why I personally can no longer afford the 200 USD a month for the packs as intended. If the taxman had not surprised me, I would have been happy to deposit $ 200 a month to continue this initiative out of my own pocket.

Cheers,
Viper

PS. Maybe some of the newcomers will eventually weigh in on this thread :)

Last edited:
Give a mouse a cookie it will want a glass of milk ......

Please don't tar all newcomers with the same brush, I can say that this statement and Angel's multiple avatars is utter :bs: as far as those who have joined the initiative in FEB-2013 with tasks attached.

I would be surprise if 3% got through on multiple avatars (2 of them possibly);

And anyway if they want to do all those tasks 1 to 7 for 25 PED, well :laugh: gl to them.

However with that being said, I am looking for input on how to improve the initiatives' offering.

If you have something useful to add please do,
I do not appreciate you sniping in with others writeups just because they match your frame of thinking.

Again, I would be very surprised if more than 2 people out of 60 were multiple alts for the month of FEB;
I have had nice conversations with "nearly" all of them, even those who find english very difficult.

Cheers,
Viper

Half of those people you have provided with 'starter' packs are second, third or whatnot avis taking advantage of you.

I have to agree on that one - and I really think you are usually to negative :ahh:

We have sweating so far, it may take 3-4 days to gain those 25 ped but at the end it is fairer - the freebie-sweater deliverd something, he learned something about that game and got in touch with people

I learned irl that "getting gifts" is rarely good for people, they get used to it, they expolit it, they think more about getting more gifts than working their own way up ...etc...

As an update - FEB progress so far.

Hi,

Just as an update, we have 52 packs delivered so far for FEB with 8 still to be claimed.
(Tasks to be completed)

Those with stars (*) next to their names have also completed the 100 puny kill mission and for the most part 500 kills as well for the grand prize, some have even gone onto the 1k mission and posted an update in the initiative thread.

I would be surprised if by the end of the month that 75% of them will have (*) behind their names if not more.

If this is an example of 1st 2nd 3rd alts, then I guess they all must be trying their hardest for multiple entries to the grand prize too. :D

I highly doubt that is the case, especially since every person met has had a very unique personality.

Cheers,
Viper

FEB-2013 - Newcomer participant entries

A (*) at the end of your name indicates
that you have completed the kill 100 puny creatures mission.

This means you are entered in for the monthly grad prize worth 500 PED.
Please make sure you let me know by posting that you have completed this to be entered

1. PCF: Porro - Ingame: Franker Porro Mcdickenz - Pack awarded (*)
  2. PCF: Valtor - Ingame: Charlie Valtor Brown - Still to claim (problems with game client crashes)
  3. PCF: Zlmada - Ingame: Zlatescu Android madalin - Pack awarded.
  4. PCF: Mata Trader - Ingame: Mata Trader Mata - Pack awarded
  5. PCF: Isley - Ingame: Rience Isley Sodergren - Pack Awarded
  6. PCF: Silent - Ingame: John Slient Doe - Pack Awarded (*)
  7. PCF: Zarlima - Ingame: Zar Tango Lima - Pack Awarded (*)
  8. PCF: Neverborn - Ingame: Ancient LandStalker Neverborn - Pack Awarded (*)
  9. PCF: Eris.Discordia - Ingame: TheGodess Eris Discordia - Pack Awarded
  10. PCF: DeliriumX6 - Ingame: Diabolic Delirium Dimension - Pack Awarded (*)
  11. PCF: Zartek - Ingame: Zartek Wally VanWaeleghem - Pack Awarded (*)
  12. PCF: Al Volt - Ingame: Olaf Al Volt - Pack awarded (*)
  13. PCF: Plazmatic - Ingame: Terminator plazmatic Future - Still to claim
  14. PCF: Termix - Ingame: Mike Termix Termix - Pack Awarded (*)
  15. PCF: Mika123 - Ingame: Mika Squeeka Argyle - Pack Awarded
  16. PCF: Maba - Ingame: Maba Maba Kaloch - Pack Awarded
  17. PCF: Arcanii - Ingame: Miranda Arcanii Kerrigan - Pack Awarded (*)
  18. PCF: MissNalia - Ingame: Miss Nalia Universe - Pack Awarded
  19. PCF: Xenox - Ingame: Carla Xenox Garila - Pack Awarded (*)
  20. PCF: Dogzard - Ingame: Songhi Song Nam - Pack Awarded (*)
  21. PCF: Huter - Red Apple Calypso - Pack Awarded (*)
  22. PCF: Chirpy - Ingame: Chirpy Mutated Ancient - Pack Awarded (*)
  23. PCF: Dominique - Ingame: Dominique PhilipCastle Simpson - Pack Awarded
  24. PCF: SilentSpring - Ingame: ItWillBe ASilent Spring - Pack Awarded (*)
  25. PCF: VictoriaLV - Ingame: Victoria Lilith Vampyre - Pack Awarded (*)
  26. PCF: Velvo - Ingame: Sir Gracco Denser - Pack Awarded (*)
  27. PCF: Raidus - Ingame: Raidus Raid Aurelius - Pack Awarded (*)
  28. PCF: Sweet Dee - Ingame: Sweet Dee Reynolds - Pack Awarded (*)
  29. PCF: Isendil - Ingame: Isendil Unshaved Greyhound - Pack Awarded (*)
  30. PCF: Blzbub - Ingame: Mourning Blzbub Light - Pack Awarded
  31. PCF: Vyrus - Ingame: Vyrus Virus AntiVirus - Pack Awarded
  32. PCF: Garavigo - Ingame: Kyeo Garabatos Hispano - Pack Awarded (*)
  33. PCF: Trixxter - Ingame: Trixxter Issper EldaCar - Pack Awarded
  34. PCF: Nightraged - Ingame: Scar Nightraged Darkness - Pack Awarded (*)
  35. PCF: Bolovanul - Ingame: Bolovan Flamandul Bolovan - Pack Awarded
  36. PCF: Gerso - Ingame: Fles Gerso Laxe - Pack Awarded
  37. PCF: Asa Thorn - Ingame: asa asa thorn - Still to claim
  38. PCF: Namagem - Ingame: Jeffrey megman Michael - Pack Awarded
  39. PCF: PheonixAlice - Ingame: Alice Zariah Hyuga - Pack Awarded (*)
  40. PCF: Pinhead - Ingame: En PinHead Large - Pack Awarded (*)
  41. PCF: TrexGoD - Ingame: Parvu TreXGoD Andrei - Pack Awarded (*)
  42. PCF: Soultief - Ingame: Cuiry Soultief Mir - Pack Awarded
  43. PCF: Oscar4321 - Ingame: Hw Osam Lam - Pack Awarded
  44. PCF: LaDi - Ingame: La Di LLa - Pack Awarded
  45. PCF: Valy1222 - Ingame: Chip HellBoy Zanuf - Pack Awarded
  46. PCF: Neho - Ingame: Neho Neho Tawou - Pack Awarded (*)
  47. PCF: Elisabeth - Ingame: elizabeth sexy warrior - Pack Awarded
  48. PCF: MindTek - Ingame: Mind MINDTEK Tek - Still to claim
  49. PCF: Cap Curtis - Ingame: Captain Curtis Newton - Pack Awarded
  50. PCF: Zenjer - Ingame: Zenjer Zenjer Dalian - Still to claim
  51. PCF: Djkc909 - Ingame: Hiro Case Henderson - Pack Awarded
  52. PCF: Skriff - Ingame: Hiro Skriff Hatake - Still to claim
  53. PCF: Jvanosda - Ingame: Weijun Xiaowei Lin - Still to claim
  54. PCF: Barb - Ingame: bar barb bar - Pack Awarded (*)
  55. PCF: rolander - Ingame: rolander monk renegade - Still to claim
  56. PCF: Lola Mia - Ingame: Lola Mia Fanny - Pack Awarded
  57. PCF: Carmensita - Ingame: Carmen Carmensita Bonilla - Pack Awarded
  58. PCF: Darkstorm2k8 - Ingame: Ionel Darkstorm Tinjala - Pack Awarded (*)
  59. PCF: Carla - Ingame: morena linda anzola - Pack Awarded
  60. PCF: Marielatia - Ingame: Mariela delvalle Canelon - Pack Awarded

Last edited:
Hi all, i am one of the newbies taking part in the initiative. First of all I want to wish Viper and his family all the best.

Viper's initiative gave me a boost to realy dive into this game and completing the tasks has allowed me to meet some nice people. I have a helpful mentor and a nice soc. because of them I am still playing. When I started, I wasted my starting gear on hunting too big mobs that often killed me. When i got a mentor she explained what I was doing wrong and helped me on my way again with ammo and knowledge. I have since completed all tasks in Viper's initiative and I am sure I will be playing this game for a long time to come:wtg:

So thanks Viper and all the best to you!

Hi all, i am one of the newbies taking part in the initiative. First of all I want to wish Viper and his family all the best.

Viper's initiative gave me a boost to realy dive into this game and completing the tasks has allowed me to meet some nice people. I have a helpful mentor and a nice soc. because of them I am still playing. When I started, I wasted my starting gear on hunting too big mobs that often killed me. When i got a mentor she explained what I was doing wrong and helped me on my way again with ammo and knowledge. I have since completed all tasks in Viper's initiative and I am sure I will be playing this game for a long time to come:wtg:

So thanks Viper and all the best to you!

Heya Zar,

Thanks so much for the feedback on your experiences so far. Glad to have helped and thanks for the wishes.

I hope other newcomers can too provide some insight to the veterans of if/how the pack helped.

Cheers,
Viper

New pack suggestions - Roughly 19 PED value, ~ 100 newcomer participants per month.

Hi All,

I found a way to extend the number of newcomer participants I can cover by offering the following items:

As per picture (4.09 PED total) & 15 PED ammo = Total 19.09 PED

This would mean from 2,000 PED I could cover ~ 100 participants comfortably per month.

However I would need MindArk to be able to spawn these items into my inventory.

requestedpack.jpg

The offer as it is today is:

What the "Newcomer Starter Package" includes:

This will include the follow Trade Terminal items:

• 1 x Vivo T1 ~ 9 PED, repairable and recommended level to use 0.0
  • 1 x Sollomate Opalo Laser Rifle ~ 4 PED, repairable and recommended level to use 0.0
  • 120,000 x Weapon Cells Ammo for the Laser Rifle ~ 12 PED

Total Package Value = 25 PED

simplelifettstartpack.jpg

Thoughts and suggestions are welcomed :)

Note: The newly suggested items are not repairable

Status
Back