FYI: Open Letter to MA!

SunnyS

Old Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Sunny 'SunG' Day
OK here's my suggestion to however you guys are running this system:

Please read carefully and find the logic in this.

You can stop killing the game and make more profit in the long run if you think this one through. Please understand I love the game and I am telling you this so we can keep playing this game for a long time and you can make profit from us (Players).

I run a business and I understand you need to make a buck ... so here it goes....

I have used 2 Scenarios with the same amount of peds.

Scenario1 : (Present)

I deposit 5k+ peds a fortnight, I lose it all within the first 2 days (No matter what I do), then I go away for a week or so till I deposit and then the same thing.

Money pumped into the the economy 5k ped

Problems:

1. The less I play the more inclined I get to leaving or stop enjoying the game... Out of sight ..Out of mind.
  2. Less activity within the game for all players in the same boat.
  3. I cant justify the time I play with the amount of peds spent.
Scenario2 : (IDEAL)

I deposit 5k+ peds a fortnight, I recycle it for 2 weeks (No matter what I do), then I deposit and then the same thing.

Money pumped into the the economy 5k ped (Nothing changed there)

Advantage:

1. You still make the same amount of peds.
  2. The economy is stronger because players have a routine to spend and earn.
  3. I can justify the time I play with the amount of peds spent.
  4. More time spent in the game means less chances of any high depositors to find another hobby that they might even end up liking more and leaving this.
  5. More players online all the time means a lot stronger economy as more players are doing more things.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get your heads out of the sand as I do want this game to be a long term thing. Think of the long term as a business and stop using wrong business models.

I have seen quite a few 'High end players' that are friends of mine taking longer and longer breaks due to this, please hear the warning bells and stop destroying a good thing which could be phenomenal.

Sunny

Last edited:
There are dozens of ideas/posts/threads about this here on the forum.
If only they would ........

Ummmmmm Play at your finical level. I depo about 5k a month. If I hunt with Gremlin, p5a with a104 amp I can make 2k last all month. The other 3k is spent on "toys" and to pay for my higher level hunts. If your loosing 5k in 2 days your are playing in a higher income bracket. After all did you really think a RCE game was about equality? I am comfortable with 5k a month and can easily spend it. Other people can afford 50k/month and play at a higher level then me.

Ummmmmm Play at your finical level. I depo about 5k a month. If I hunt with Gremlin, p5a with a104 amp I can make 2k last all month. The other 3k is spent on "toys" and to pay for my higher level hunts. If your loosing 5k in 2 days your are playing in a higher income bracket. After all did you really think a RCE game was about equality? I am comfortable with 5k a month and can easily spend it. Other people can afford 50k/month and play at a higher level then me.

Hehe... that is the problem mate... I cant play at my level... I would have to spend 20k at my level :) ... and No, I dont have a problem spending money if I get the worth for it... as you can see it's not a whining thread, fortunately I dont have a problem with Money IRL... but wont spend more unless it's worth it.

Last edited:
Again.....

MA has their agenda and we as players/ consumers/ participants/ suckers...what ever term ya wanna give us does not fit in that agenda.

Like all of us, you are addicted and there is no rehab for this :) :eyecrazy:

Like all of us, you are addicted and there is no rehab for this :) :eyecrazy:

Actually I heard they have a video game rehab center in Britian(seriously). Can any Brits verify this?

If you burn your budget that fast you play way above your financial budget.

If you burn your budget that fast you play way above your financial budget.

Actually I dont... I have never ventured into crafting something above my level. That is the point. I have tried the same budget with different things... mining/hunting/crafting ...all under my level and what I wouldn't call gambling like making Abrers and burning 109's.

You can stop killing the game and make more profit in the long run if you think this one through. Please understand I love the game and I am telling you this so we can keep playing this game for a long time and you can make profit from us (Players).

I run a business and I understand you need to make a buck ... so here it goes....

I deposit 5k+ peds a fortnight, I lose it all within the first 2 days (No matter what I do), then I go away for a week or so till I deposit and then the same thing.

Problems:

1. The less I play the more inclined I get to leaving or stop enjoying the game... Out of sight ..Out of mind.

I deposit 5k+ peds a fortnight, I recycle it for 2 weeks (No matter what I do), then I deposit and then the same thing.

Advantage:

4. More time spent in the game means less chances of any high depositors to find another hobby that they might even end up liking more and leaving this.
  5. More players online all the time means a lot stronger economy as more players are doing more things.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get your heads out of the sand as I do want this game to be a long term thing. Think of the long term as a business and stop using wrong business models.

I have seen quite a few 'High end players' that are friends of mine taking longer and longer breaks due to this, please hear the warning bells and stop destroying a good thing which could be phenomenal.

Sunny

Everything cool,but better scenario for mindark is the first one.(in first case you depo every week,in the second every second week :) )

Everything cool,but better scenario for mindark is the first one.(in first case you depo every week,in the second every second week :) )

Sorry you misunderstood me... if you read carefully the deposit amount doesn't change in each scenario.. it is every 2 weeks. So, in answer to your question I am not gonna put more money than I already do so no matter what MA does their income wont change... it might decrease very soon lol

Scenario1 : (Present)[/B][/U]

Sunny

A week is half of two weeks :)

Partially agree.

The old scenario when I used to depo a lot:

Depoed.. went hunting/mining/crafting got 80% or more return. Then recyled.. for months

Depoed more to buy apartments (not for reselling.. for places to have fun).. hunting mobs far above my level.. collecting (hunting for) armor sets or specific items...
Depoed more to make uniforms for our growing soc where we had a lots of fun...
Depoed more to get extra content!!!

Now the same applies to 500 ... 50 ped as to 5k. ... it just goes away in minutes.

with frequent 20% returns I left alone in my soc ....

Last edited:
A week is half of two weeks :)

Sunny
Alright you just wanna nitpick for the fuck of it ... so here it goes lol
2 days + a week or so means 2 weeks .. it's not a week... i dont think a week has 9 days lol

Comprende English?

Partially agree.

The old scenario when I used to depo a lot:

Depoed.. went hunting/mining/crafting got 80% or more return. Then recyled.. for months

Depoed more to buy apartments (not for reselling.. for places to have fun).. hunting mobs far above my level.. collecting (hunting for) armor sets or specific items...
Depoed more to make uniforms our growing soc where we had a lots of fun...
Depoed more to get extra content!!!

No the same applies to 500 ... 50 ped as to 5k. ... it just goes away in minutes.

with frequent 20% returns I left alone in my soc ....

Hallelujah... exactly my point mate!

I just wish they would take away some of the wild swings that people experience. I agree about making it so players are more inclined to be online playing this game than other games. I have some days where I can tell loot just isn't going to be good so I don't play. The game is kind of boring and repetitive, so it's not really fun to just get a bunch of no looters. That being said, I do have some days where loot is great and actually keeps me coming back.

It's those times when its bad though that I take some breaks and don't think to play Entropia right away. I start looking at other ways to spend my time, and I've even found some other games to play to occupy my time as well. If they could find a way to keep my attention, or at least even it out, I would likely play this game more than anything else.

where i can sign ? I agree especialy with that earn/spent habbit section. Let us circulate peds not losing them at once !

Problems:

Advantage:

Sunny

Well the problem is that if you play 2 weeks straight you'll advance quickly and notice that there is almost no gameplay and will stop playing -> zero income for MA.
I never stopped playing because the game is too expensive. It is just the lack of content. Or in other words: The entertainment I get per $ spend is very, very low. I don't have any problem spending 100$ per evening if I am entertained well. With the current state of the game, MA would have to pay me to play the game. There is simply nothing anyamore that is at least a little bit interesting. :girl:

I used to deposit 300$ - 500$, sometimes even 1000$ per month and had fun with them for that month...

Because of the not! so recent changes in avg loot back ( for me ) i have deposited 200$ in 8 months.

Gratz MA, SEE the difference. :rolleyes:

I used 2 deposit ussualy when I Hit some nice hof's or globals so i depo and get better equip...Now when i am loosing and when loot is poor didn't depo for 4-5 month..And seems that I will do it like this for a long long time....

Hehe... that is the problem mate... I cant play at my level... I would have to spend 20k at my level :) ... and No, I dont have a problem spending money if I get the worth for it... as you can see it's not a whining thread, fortunately I dont have a problem with Money IRL... but wont spend more unless it's worth it.
Change what you consider "your level" to match what you can deposit. Simple as that. In theory, if you are at a high level, many of the UL sib weapons will give you HA of 10. No one says you have to use that on some high maturity, high health mob. Why not go spend it on snables, exosaur, corn, etc? HA of 10 gives you the best you are gonna get, so once you reach that on opalo, really no reason to continue up the ladder that has no top rung... Doing otherwise will just make your costs continue to increase and increase and increase at a far faster level then your real life income can balance.

another alternative... switch professions, at least when your pedcard is low... that should lower your cost as you'll be back at level one again, or something comparable. ... but that will mean you are starting over I hear the complaint - not really, it means you are building skills you can then chip out and sell that won't hurt your main profession too much. Lots of folks do that regularly, and actually profit from it.

or just hunt/mine/craft entry level stuff til you can deposit... Grab stuff from the TT and blow through it all. Now that tiering is here, there's absolutely no reason you should not have some TT stuff up to tier 10 by now if you are blowing that many peds per month, lol.

If nothing else, take up a no cost/low cost profession in game. Sweating, running events, estate owner, etc. If you always do what you always have done, you will always get what you always got. If you are spending way too much, and don't change your way of doing things, you'll continue spending way too much.... some define insanity as doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting different results... stop letting them drive you insane.

Last edited:
Change what you consider "your level" to match what you can deposit. Simple as that. In theory, if you are at a high level, many of the UL sib weapons will give you HA of 10. No one says you have to use that on some high maturity, high health mob. Why not go spend it on snables?
Because you shouldn´t have to go back to where you were 2,3,4,5 years ago!

Hehe...so its better to sit stubborn and demand what cant be demanded, instead of actually trying to adapt and make EU cost as much as the individual can afford?

What I can agree on is that the very big payouts ( +30 k peds or in that ballpark ) should be removed until advertising can be put back in to pay for those.

Change what you consider "your level" to match what you can deposit. Simple as that. In theory, if you are at a high level, many of the UL sib weapons will give you HA of 10. No one says you have to use that on some high maturity, high health mob. Why not go spend it on snables, exosaur, corn, etc? HA of 10 gives you the best you are gonna get, so once you reach that on opalo, really no reason to continue up the ladder that has no top rung... Doing otherwise will just make your costs continue to increase and increase and increase at a far faster level then your real life income can balance.

Already Tried... actually I only play under my level.

another alternative... switch professions, at least when your pedcard is low... that should lower your cost as you'll be back at level one again, or something comparable. ... but that will mean you are starting over I hear the complaint - not really, it means you are building skills you can then chip out and sell that won't hurt your main profession too much. Lots of folks do that regularly, and actually profit from it.

Done many times.

or just hunt/mine/craft entry level stuff til you can deposit... Grab stuff from the TT and blow through it all. Now that tiering is here, there's absolutely no reason you should not have some TT stuff up to tier 10 by now if you are blowing that many peds per month, lol.

Mostly DO. If people dont think the returns are hurting them based on the same suggestions by players over and over again, think yourself lucky as it is not the same case for everyone. For some of us even the most conservative way of playing ...or changing professions.... or playing under your level doesn't do jack shit. Funny enough not too long ago it was different for me as well.

If nothing else, take up a no cost/low cost profession in game. Sweating, running events, estate owner, etc. If you always do what you always have done, you will always get what you always got. If you are spending way too much, and don't change your way of doing things, you'll continue spending way too much.... some define insanity as doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting different results... stop letting them drive you insane.

Agreed.

I somehow feel the business model for MA is to burn high depo players... they leave and some more come in... have a look at some of the crafting top lists... they come ... they burn ... then they leave. I know about 5 'BIG' crafters in the last 2 months that just fell off the face of the planet.

Anyways, I thank everyone for their suggestions... however, after I settle some of my pending finances within the game in the coming week... I am taking a loooooong break from depositting ... I will still come in-game and be a part but not gonna put in a single cent till they fix this imballance once for all.

I said it before, I say it again, money is no object.... my game time is. I love the game like others...fix it and you got a long term high paying customer... dont fix it...no cents from me anymore :)

Last edited:
I somehow feel the business model for MA is to burn high depo players... they leave and some more come in... have a look at some of the crafting top lists... they come ... they burn ... then they leave. I know about 5 'BIG' crafters in the last 2 months that just fell off the face of the planet.
Every year a new group of people turns 18 and start getting credit card applications, and MA knows it, so I would not expect many changes, but it would be nice if they did change, lol.

Every year a new group of people turns 18 and start getting credit card applications, and MA knows it, so I would not expect many changes, but it would be nice if they did change, lol.

As an experienced crafter yourself you know the guys I am talking about... they are not 18 ... I dont wanna mention names ;)

Because this is a RCE, if your RL income has not changed in "2,3,4,5" years then you are still at the same level you where at that time. You see that is the most important hidden skill in this game, RL Income(RLI). RLI determines your "level" in this world.

Because this is a RCE, if your RL income has not changed in "2,3,4,5" years then you are still at the same level you where at that time. You see that is the most important hidden skill in this game, RL Income(RLI). RLI determines your "level" in this world.
My income has nothing to do with this. What i mean is that i have come a long way skillwise and gearwise and should be able to hunt bigger stuff then snables with opalo and still have a decent return / more playtime for the money. The problem is that instead of getting better it gets worse and worse. Why should I as a mid level player have to go back 4 years in time and do the same stuff i did then.

Hehe...so its better to sit stubborn and demand what cant be demanded, instead of actually trying to adapt and make EU cost as much as the individual can afford?

What I can agree on is that the very big payouts ( +30 k peds or in that ballpark ) should be removed until advertising can be put back in to pay for those.
It´s not about income. Why is the adaption gap so BIG. Doing the same stuff i did 3 years ago costs alot more today (for me) with all the changes that has been with regen etc. but the loot hasn´t got any better (for me). More skills imo should make me more efficient and it should also give me a better return if i hunt the same stuff i did 3 years ago. If we all go back to hunting snables with opalo the game and economy will be no more...

Burning the peds 2,3,4,5 times faster then 3 years ago doesn´t exactly make me want to deposit..

1. until total amount of deposits is enough for MA & Co to survive nothing will change.
2. if the addition to the existing content will bring in more depositors (total amount of deposit grows) nothing will change.

thus,

3. only after total amount of deposits drops lower than MA & Co is expecting/needing it will be considered how to change the dainamiks.

am I missing something from the grand picture?

J.

Back