open letter to Marco and MindArk.

Pretender

Elite
Society
Trigger Happy
Jarod "pretender" Parker
first of all, a lot of things are great, such as the atm thing, taming, Amethera, etc. but, finish them before putting more content in. atm you guys should expand taming to allow the taming of mobs such as atrox to ride and ambuli to carry ores etc. these should be finished! also, the atm system...its been a while since its news was released but we havnt got it still! also, there is beauty, and mindforce. both are really cool, but there should be more options avaible. f.ex. i want my hair coloured green, and have a mustache. i want to be able to f.ex. teleport my whole team at once to a destination! i want to have team heal! )last 2 are mindforce...) or f.ex. i would like to see more types of mining. underground mining, underwater mining, space mining anyone? i would also like to see my ship fly through space when going to CP or CND or back to calypso...not just the teleport standard thingie...i would like to see more types of laser amps and healing kits been able to craft to allow for better healing. atm we have kits that do 42 heal (that is affordable) for 800 ped orso, and the next step would be adj fap costing 22000 ped....i can tell you, not many people are able to spend that. we have blp amps that do 36 dmg (iirc) but laser amps add only a maximum of 21, and that one aint very economic either. also, some laser amps such as the a204 would cost more then most weapens! i propose crafted, maybe BUT PREFERABLY NOT limited amps and healing kits that do more dmg/heal.

second: easy improvements

give us more action. let robots attack cities again, and when this happens BROADCAST THE DAMN THING WITH EBN MESSAGES! and also, make sure them bots or animals whom attack that place carry loot. maybe not all of them, but most, so it is rewardable to attack them! and do it more then once per month...do it everyday, and 3, 4 times a day. let a boss go with them! f.ex. i have never seen lord telleton...but you guys could make with those groups sometimes let come an named robot or monster, which would be harder to kill, but it would be rewardable to do so! if people kill it, and loot it make sure it is a known loot, such as a global or hof. people will get attracted to this kind of mini events and will be online more so they can kill them for the loot! and no, it does not have to be an ath every time. it can also be a little global, or almost always a global (95%), sometimes a hof (4,95) and a 0,05% of an mega hof, lets say, above 5k.
also, let items drop in those globals and hofs. it would give people another reason to hunt them! f.ex, 1 of the maybe 1000 robots that spawn will carry an starkhov as 117. another 1 will carry an nemesis harnas. 25 out of the 1000 are a global. something like that. IT WILL MAKE PEOPLE GO ONLINE TO DO THIS STUFF PEOPLE WANT ITEMS, AND IF THEY HAVE A CHANCE FOR AN ITEM THEY WILL HUNT FOR IT! also, make an npc avaible in a few major towns, such as new oxford, twin peaks, port atlantis and some other places, which will offer MONEY OR ITEMS for robot parts. THIS WILL BE ANOTHER REASON TO HUNT THE ROBOTS! and do let those items drop, say 5 out of the 1000 robots that spawned would carry a robot part. and if they would be killed by turret, another one will spawn with the part.
also, let animals drop skins more. people want skinned coats, pants, shirts etc. they dont want allways the same type of pants, or shirt or coat.
next, that npc i talked about, it could offer for f.ex. an robot cpu an amount of 90 ped or an rugaritz ingot. (just examples) or maybe a little weapen, that is limited and not tradable but has some nice stats, like say, a high dmg/ec and an above 4,25 dmg/pec. these kind of things make it rewardable for people to hunt robots in those attacks, or creatures that attack.
ANOTHER improvement would be to have the music change more often. f.ex. if I end up in a robot attack there should be fast, loud music, to help speed up the adrenaline :)P) it gives people the urge to shoot more.

NEXT:

allow for more types of `dungeons`, the ones we have now (robot ships) are to few types. we should also have some in which we assist the empires forces, or something. we would actually see the npc´s shooting. that would be another thing worth to let people go for missions. and let the missions be rewardable. if im going on a 25 ped beacon, and am wearing f.ex. full vigi, an mk2 with amp, a fap 50, then im not interested in items such as pixie parts, or an tt sword. the things i want to have a chance to loot then, would be f.ex. an salamander part, or maybe a nemesis part, or a boar part. or maybe and mk3 or mk4. and when doing a 35 ped mission, i would like also to find something worth the trip, not a measely pixie part but something like, jaguar, tiger, angel, or maybe an mk5, an ml35 or somthing.

Hunting robots which are the main enemy, and ofc. the normal creatures should be rewarding, not boring!

Last edited:
Indeed that some great features...
i normally don't post replys but i feel this one where worth it..
+ rep

Pretender said:
mmm, i think it is b/c we are both dutch...:p

(hallo daar :))

and i covered some things you didnt...i think...

You definitely did , my post was long enough as it is.

Pretender said:
first of all, a lot of things are great, such as the atm thing, taming, etc. but, finish them before putting more content in.

agree and u have forgot open all amethera ...

Dreicc said:
agree and u have forgot open all amethera ...

ill add that too ^^

I am compelled to respond, but keep in mind im not trying to be negative towards you, as these are good ideas and observations.

But, what you ask would dramatically change the entire economy, and the way EU works as a whole, and I dont think much of what you mention would be good overall. Exceptions of course are the "feature" ideas.

But changing the loots to increase, rare items to be less rare defeats the purpose of us all. The major allure of the game is to find such items and profit, either in peds or equipment upgrade. If they dropped more often, the profit of them decreases dramatically. And the challenge would be gone from most of us. Once we got all the good items as a whole, what real purpose would it be, what left to achieve?

Most of what you ask also adds alot of resources that I think are not as easy to obtain as we would think, from the equipment/manpower and budget, MA has to produce EU. Simple programming changes cost money, time and equipment to implement.

The economy of payout is already concieved and placed as it should be, they cant grant more globals if we dont put more in, so asking for more just increases the cost, or lowers the average of globals overall. I actually think the ath's and uberloots are good vs bad, sure we could pull funds from those, but man whoever gets em is happy, and I like the idea I could get one of those someday, as could you.

More events are a great idea though, I also would suggest some sort of events for miners and crafters as well, I hunt as my main profession, but alot of people dont, and do other professions on a fulltime basis. As long as the events dont create a rift in the economy.

Something like the gov't needs a massive supply of an item that is rare, gained in the place of say a bp when crafting. How many mechanical bps do we need for example, way saturated as it is. Or A new rare resource that any level of miner has a chance to dig up, that is needed for some cause.

Though the special items you mention, I think if they do these things, while not as dramatic as mod/imp/dub and mcormick ect., more like 2 extra rounds or a slight decay decrease, something not game altering or too powerful. And making them personalized items, like Bob jones' mk21a, would be very cool, fun, and a chance to make EU history. Be it kept or sold, your name is out there recognizing your accomplishments forever even beyond if you leave EU. :cool:

Would be great to have more involved content, but too many changes put a serious risk to the overall economy, I have the opinion that it is very stable and healthy as is.

The music could use a change for sure, if possible a jukebox on every account so you can set tracks however you want them. I know I have a couple I like and a few I dont really like, that of course I tend to hear alot. :)

Lastly the rare ultra items, I agree maybe letting very few (1 per x amount of new accounts) drop to at least generate an amount that is the same percentage. More people, same amount of items, the price just goes up, for an item that is infact more rare due to no more coming out. More people see the items that cannot be obtained, unless you spend more money than the huge amounts they are going for, and it creates a negativity as a whole against those who have them.

I do respect though that the people who got these items, got them due to thier time, and help in helping to shape EU as it is today. I also feel they are somewhat deserved by those who keep them, or obtained them for those high amounts.

Thats my take anyhow, not trying to be negative, just sensible and fair for all. I would too like to see those changes, but most arent likely to happen, as I think they would be bad.

nice post, i doubt MA listens though. but i don't care, if this goes like this (read hunting and reward from it), i'm out of here anyways.

nice post, i totally agree

ill add that it actually is (or was) possible to find tiger parts on tt35 beacons and even lower tt-missions than that...last days beacon is just like a sick joke

Nea: dont leave ffs

well, time to stir it up once again i guess. rumors from MA side is that Amethera is gonna go open next vu. nice! atm system here, nice! bugfixing VU upcoming, nice! and now its time for Macro|Mindark to comment on it ^^ (yes i see the typo, just a little joke, no offense Marco)

well, I'd rather see some basic things, no offense.

1) MA should think things out before they do something - the opalo is a good example. introducing this has had comsiderble unforseen inpact.

2) finish things they start - taming is an excellent example. don't leave things half finished.

3) stop the hyper-inflation. this hurts everyone except for the scum resellers.

4) learn how to balance things properly. when they decide to release something that hasn't dropped for a while they drop in rapid succession for a short period. if you're not in the window, you lose.

5) hire some professional testers instead of the cardboard cutouts who have that job now. MA's product quality is dismal. the spelling mistakes alone make them look amateurish.

6) fix OBVIOUS errors instead of pretending that they are by "design". in crafting alone there are basic blueprints which will never be used because the recipe is just stupid. the DOAs were suppose to be handguns, not rifles.

7) get rid of that kostabi guy. he thinks he's being clever but he comes off as a smug self-promoter.

kostabi is a sumg self promoter

kira-red said:
5) hire some professional testers instead of the cardboard cutouts who have that job now. MA's product quality is dismal. the spelling mistakes alone make them look amateurish.

Good suggestions all. By the way, my next diary entry has a good bit to say about MindArk's Quality Control. I was suprised to see reference to it in the above quote. Up to now, I was half afraid to go much into it, but I suspect I will do so. I just hope they listen...

Sincerely,
Donald

Back