Opinions on Modified Viceroy Armor?

Who's figured the actual costs to go from viceroy to mod viceroy?
7 to 10 k true cost. i thought it valued at around 13-15k but feel it cost 20

You can get quite alot of good, tradable armor for the said price.
With a slightly different distribution of damage protection, partially even better than mod. Vice, the combination of Angel + Athenic Ring roughly would come for the same price.
Angel owns mod. Vice on most animal mobs and robots.
Even Adj. Nemesis still owns mod. Vice on many animal mobs and robots at an even cheaper price. Combine that with said ring and Viceroys are completely defeated.
It just depends on your preferred distribution of damage types . Viceroys are better on the hazard damage types, but among the ~200 different mob types in the Entropia Universe the hazard damage type mobs are of inferior number.

At a later point you can sell the other armors again to retrieve your "investment", because those other armors are not soul bound.
Every PED above TT value of Viceroys is lost. Irretrievable. Destroyed. Wasted.
Keep that pain in mind, when it comes to cash out.

Last edited:
i upgraded my viceroy to mod exactly because of the reason i can't sell it, and decided that it will be my last UL armor ever. do i have to mention +20% Evade & +1% Critical Hit Chance?

it's my everyday armor, and as a fact, (L) is superior anyways ... besides 1-2 handful armorsets you can neither buy nor afford ...

i upgraded my viceroy to mod exactly because of the reason i can't sell it, and decided that it will be my last UL armor ever. do i have to mention +20% Evade & +1% Critical Hit Chance?

it's my everyday armor, and as a fact, (L) is superior anyways ... besides 1-2 handful armorsets you can neither buy nor afford ...
Me too. Funny how not-owners hate it so much. But the people that do own it love it. Mostly.

it's decent, mid tier armor. Bear in mind though, that it is bound to your character. You cannot sell it after you get it. I say this so that you understand it is an investment.

I just did the entire quest, and it cost me quite a bit (over 10k ped) to acquire all materials.

I like the armor, but as mentioned, it cannot be sold to recoup expenses later, and it is a mid tier armor. Hope this information helps.
It's certainly not an investment but its good for me and the economy that you guys create your Viceroy!
So i should not write but i could not help

I can't get past the fact that is soulbound. Flipped often enough between owning/getting rid of the basic set (you can sell it back to the NPC which gives it, and you get 400tt back), but I can't push myself not even to adjusted and won't do it. If they make it a normal sellable set, would gladly make it a very-very long project of upgrading it, in the style you can do galactica.

Strictly as stats is very powerful and available. So to say, you can't get a piece of this or that ring at a time and a 50% increase of your crit chance is something. Not as big a thing as in 1.0, but still worthy. Maybe costs should be adjusted a bit considering 2.0 change, but that's opening a can of worms.

I can't get past the fact that is soulbound.

i dislike the term soulbound. let's call it just another of your little personal brownfields
wasting your lifetime playing stoopid pixel game for fake money. erm fiat! fiat i mean, no fake.

:girl:

I own a set, I have not regretted owning it once. I knew I'd never be able to sell or trade it, and I'm okay with that. I plan to always play EU.

Its my go-to armor, I hunt in mod vice 99.9% of the time. I switch out plates if I want to hunt different stuff.

Fortunately, I built a set at the cheapest time possible and grinded 50% of the mats myself, so I was able to get a set for dirt cheap.

Depending on what it costs nowadays, I wouldn't advise going for a set unless you can get it for 10k-12k or less. I think there's a price point where other armors become more attractive as an alternative.

If Perfected Vice ever comes out I will instantly upgrade.

I own a set and it is nice. But on my final upgrade to Modified I received three parts that have Tier increase rates below 30/200.

I wish there was a way to upgrade my Tier increase rates since the armor is mine forever.

Not everyone is a trader and to some like myself my gear matters to me personally and id never sell most of it for any price so this way of thinking makes mod vice viable if its what you love!

Finally Got mod Viceroy, even tho it's mid lvl armor u can hunt big mobs with it by throwing in some big (L) plates and they last very long time! Also to have 20% evade and 1% crit hit chance its absolutely worth having it bound to account!
Now grinding for monria horns and as you know thats extra 3% reload speed and they can be used with this armor ! Most armors doesn't let u using them as it takes off helmet or face mask to be able to use horns!
original.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally Got mod Viceroy, even tho it's mid lvl armor u can hunt big mobs with it by throwing in some big (L) plates and they last very long time! Also to have 20% evade and 1% crit hit chance its absolutely worth having it bound to account!
Now grinding for monria horns and as you know thats extra 3% reload speed and they can be used with this armor ! Most armors doesn't let u using them as it takes off helmet or face mask to be able to use horns!
Gz mate - i wonder if you remember the rough total cost? what a slog eh?

Mod Viceroy is the ONLY armor I have at the moment. I added a set of improved .5B's.
I can hunt most mobs up to lvl 80 comfortably in this set: Warlocks 08's, Rextulum 61& 73's, Proteron providers, mulmun looter elites, drone elites, falx stalker,...

ya that's in the range i figured. plus the time which was quite a lot of work. I liked the navi once I got into them because they dropped all the expensive material

I have had this armor for a few months now. Do not regret my decision. I sold all my other armours and use plates to fine tune my damage types if needed.
It does get a little light on protection for higher end mobs, focusing on life steal, an eco fap/resto chip and plenty of HP to drain from is key.

Last edited:
In my opinion, mod viceroy sure was a great option in its own time with the 1% crit chance, rings offered much less crit chance than today, it was a great tool to increase / max critical chance buff, but today, when rings comes out with 3-4,5% crit chance, it is just not as interesting as before.

If i wanted to max crit chance today, i would rather buy an easter 21 ring instead mod viceroy.
After the 1% crit chance is not interesting anymore, the 20% evade is not something for i would take a soulbound armor set.
Stats itself are like a Ghost set for a half K ped.
Only thing is left for me is the look atm, what i have to agree is great, but for that reason, i would max go for the base viceroy, but no upgrades.

If it would became tradeable, i would buy one for sure.
Or in case they add augmented and perfected with much improved stats, that would be also something that i would be interested in even if stays soulbound.

I own a set and it is nice. But on my final upgrade to Modified I received three parts that have Tier increase rates below 30/200.

I wish there was a way to upgrade my Tier increase rates since the armor is mine forever.
4 of my pieces are 2/200, 4/200, 13/200, 30/200. very disappointing.

I know that the audience is mixed on Tier increasing of soulbound items. But consider this, each time you upgrade your armor your get a randomized TIR in return, It is very possible that several parts will have low TIR values (xxx/200). Several parts of mine are VERY low TIR, there is no way for me to upgrade my TIR for those parts, not trading or reselling, etc..

tenor.gif

:beerchug:
Actually on viceroy you can. You have to turn in the part to the npc and do that part all over again.

You only get back tt of the part so it isn't cheap to do.

Last edited:
Actually on viceroy you can. You have to turn in the part to the npc and do that part all over again.

You only get back tt of the pary so it isn't cheap to do.
i don't think it matters much really. my lowest is 93/200 and all the peices have come to tier to quite evenly.

Part of me wonders if the Arkadia team might sometime release a continued upgrade path to Augmented and Perfected. With each upgrade so far the Tier levels have been reset to zero.

i don't think it matters much really. my lowest is 93/200 and all the peices have come to tier to quite evenly.

I don't pay much attention to TIR on armor. If you want it to go up fast, just gang bang mobs that don't miss much.

original.jpeg
Not a fan of the horns. The grind is ridiculous and in most cases you lose more than you save getting them as compared to buying a better ring. Not to mention what you mentioned, they don't work with most armor.

Back