Orereselling scam attemps, watch out guys!

Yet another orebuying scam attempt at Twin Peaks. Well not really a scam or what do you think when resellers buy stuff for ripoff prices, like this one tried to get my pile of Force Nexus for 110%.

Check out this lovely conversation ;)

Also there are plenty of scammers who says like "Buying all ores & Enmars for -3%" and when u trade with em and get paid, they actually offered like -10%, be aware of these fellows too!

So to all miners who uses resellers, always try to calculate if the price is somewhat correct. Saves you a lots of peds :wtg:

Great advice to new players, Jzo about understanding MU before selling to traders...

Another important thing for new players to know is how to check auctions for orders before selling to a trader, particularly if they have a large quantity of something. If you auction an ore at a price at or below buyout... it sells immediately, and crafters will often place orders at prices near daily MU.

Like you said, buying at - 10% is not exactly a scam, however it is horrible business practice, as players who might otherwise become regular customers will soon learn to find other traders. Offering rates lower than posted prices is deceptive however... and a bit of a scam.

This being said, as this thread is in noobs corner, which targets players who might not understand the market/ I would really caution against starting an argument with someone for low rates...

if a particular price seems low, a simple "I was hoping to get at least 116% for the nexus" is far better than namecalling...

If a trader seems like a particularly cheap bastard, simply say, "I was hoping for a bit more...I think i'll try auction... GL!..." and walk away

as much as "nickel and dimers" suck.. alienating people could prove more costly then a bad trade...

About the unrefined and refined rates... well thats a joke....

Yes it cost money to refine...

But the cost of refine is this...

For an ore that is worth .01TT, then it cost 1% in MU terms to refine. So that Lyst if you sell it at 101% refined, really you got TT+refined rate back approx depending on refiner.

At .02TT for an ore/enmatter, you pay .5% for refinement.

So a 3% difference between raw/refined is a joke. At most someone could charge 1% for lyst and oil and .5% for others, and then otherwise unless its huge amounts a trader is getting picky.

I as a trader will deduct 1% from lyst and oil if its raw, otherwise the trader is once again bending you over the table. The reason I even deduct 1% for oil and lyst is because Ill pay ok rate for refined, which is why with raw I wont match prices.

Another important thing for new players to know is how to check auctions for orders before selling to a trader, particularly if they have a large quantity of something. If you auction an ore at a price at or below buyout... it sells immediately, and crafters will often place orders at prices near daily MU.

also knowing how much of a resource is on auction is a powerful thing. For example, on friday morning about 8 MA time I was finishing up a mining run and noticed 2 things. There was a dramatic increase in nik markup and there was only 1 nik ingot auction at that time. If i had only checked orders I would of received 150% markup, but instead I did alittle homework. I priced my ingots at 160%(and they sold, the day/week markup was only 155% at that time). Understanding what is being consumed and how much is available is key to this game.

Back