Origamy Atrox

itree

Prowler
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Tree It Zephyr
One piece of square paper and too much time on my hands (no EU access for nearly a month now :( ) resulted in …

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

This is an original design constructed according to the purist school of Origami folding, i.e. from a single square sheet of paper folded by hand with no cutting or gluing.

Very nice itree - I never got any further in paper folding that the classic swan, but agree it's not origami if there is scissors/glue involved :D

nice job there!

seeing this reminded me of an old Little Cearser's commercial:

Guy: $15 and all I get is one pizza?
Clerk: You also get the box =)
Guy: So what am I gonna do with the box?
Clerk: You ever hear of origami? [frantically folds pizza box]
Guy: What's that?
Clerk: It's a pterodactyl. Caw! Caw!

lol

Wowsers - just found this :eek:

Great stuff and very clever tree :yay:

Yeah, nice origami itree :)

Very nice..

I've only ever been good at tubular origami

;)

well, since this has been bumped, i am now able to find the commerical that i paraphrased above, and yes i just have to share it :)

[youtube="http://youtube.com/watch?v=FWhqOHof6hk"]Little Caesars 'Origami'[/youtube]​

i always wondered weather your siggie was a trox, now i know ^^. never saw the thread before mate, nice one :) how long did it take you to make? bet u went through quite a few wads of paper. i'm only a shade better at origami than Jim Carry is (Liar Liar out-take) :p

Hmmm...since the colouring is somewhat "pinkish", can I assume this is a Queen Atrox? :D

i always wondered weather your siggie was a trox, now i know ^^. never saw the thread before mate, nice one :) how long did it take you to make? bet u went through quite a few wads of paper. i'm only a shade better at origami than Jim Carry is (Liar Liar out-take) :p

Took about an hour to fold from a single square piece of paper (I'm rather puritan in my folding so no cutting gluing or any other nonesense involved).

It is actually based on a dragon design I developed quite a few years ago with a bit of rearanging to get 4 arms, no wings and slightly different limb proportions to fit the ingame MOB.

Yeah its an old thread, but I wanted to say something anyway...:cool:

Very good work and very impressive, but origami kinda reminds me of tearing big pieces of paper very slowly into smaller pieces of paper... :silly2:

Now can you make a Spider??:D

hhmm since Ns has bumped this thread...i've decided..i wanna make the atrox....can u post step by step instructions in how to do it??? :yay:

i got some origami paper somewhere...will look for it 2moro after work :D

lily :grouphug:

Back