Orthos rig protest

ana305

Mature
Society
Entropians United
Ana Anastasia Vela
So, since MA have taken away the Orthos rig, which was a great help to newer players. There have been protests at the big rig now. There is good reason to believe that a select few of the filthy rich players, wanted the small rig to shutdown, so they cost of oil would skyrocket. I believe they are in cahoots with MA and are so greedy. SO there are many noobs, that are coming in droves to the big rig.

They come naked, and do not even shoot. They lose no PED. But they mob train the rig over and over, so the rich players will have to spend thousands of PED for armour/fap decay, and ammo.

This will continue, until a civilized line for oil can be made at Ashi rig, or until MA re opens Orthis rig. That is all.

They guarantee that the rich players will lose more PED trying to get oil, then they will gain getting any amount of oil. SO it is in their best interest to make a line, or to convince MA to open up Orthos again. That is all.

P.S. you cant dislike, or disagree with this, unless you are a greedy jerk.

meme1.jpg

With this you will achieve nothing but laughing stock.
I dont recall protests before they made Orthos rig ?

Why should MA fed players that prolly wont stick around at all unless they get PED from there?
It is part of the event, so dont be butthurt and adapt, do something else.

What you also will achieve is, once the orthos is cleared from bot invasion, you will have a bunch of new friends most likelly shoting you guys 24/7 because you mob trained.
That's called payback's a bitch.
And dont come whine afterwards

why would rich players go to a rig for free oil?

uhm..filthy rich players pick up oil ? :p:confused:

You just have shifted my opinion on the matter from "don't care" to "hope the robots stay at Orthos rig forever".

With this you will achieve nothing but laughing stock.
I dont recall protests before they made Orthos rig ?

Why should MA fed players that prolly wont stick around at all unless they get PED from there?
It is part of the event, so dont be butthurt and adapt, do something else.

What you also will achieve is, once the orthos is cleared from bot invasion, you will have a bunch of new friends most likelly shoting you guys 24/7 because you mob trained.
That's called payback's a bitch.
And dont come whine afterwards

LOL I so much feel a noob war coming on! :)

You do know if you actually did a bit of mining and not sitting in that welfare queue 24/7 you would gain a ton more oil and skills dont you ?

:laugh:

I could never understand the appeal of waiting in line to get a little oil. Probably why I never did :)

You do know if you actually did a bit of mining and not sitting in that welfare queue 24/7 you would gain a ton more oil and skills dont you ?

:laugh:

You make a valid point. Perhaps Mindark should replace what comes up out of the rig with nanocubes instead of oil. :)

So, since MA have taken away the Orthos rig, which was a great help to newer players. There have been protests at the big rig now. There is good reason to believe that a select few of the filthy rich players, wanted the small rig to shutdown, so they cost of oil would skyrocket. I believe they are in cahoots with MA and are so greedy.

The most oil is drilled up by enmatter mining, the rigs are a drop in the ocean and the influence in price is next to zero.

Please share your good reasons why you believe that mindark is working together with a selected group of players to shut down the small rig in order to maximize their profits. Please give us also your sources and evidence or anything of substance to back this up.

If you just picked the wrong words and wanted to say that only the pvp guys get oil on the other rig and newbies are at their mercy and thats why you are so angry, i can assume you it was always that way and it is perfectly fine.

Sometimes depending on who is at the rig and their mood you might be allowed to pick a barrel BUT,

the oil on the big rig isn't meant as welfare but as price to fight over. People spend ammo and decay for this and that is the whole point. Want this oil? Get up a force able to take it or die trying. If you can afford internet, a pc that run entropia and the energy to sweat mobs for hours you dont need free oil. In entropia you have to work for your stuff, freebies just mean someone else have to pay for it and how it looks that are the deed holders because we know now that rewards are paid from the revenue.

if you want to protest.. leave the planet and emigrate to Toulan, Rocktropia or Arkadia. they all still have noob rigs.
Pick your oil/beer kegs/planet essence (or whatever it's called on Toulan) on those other planets!
Show them rich filthy pvp Mindark conspirators that you can pick freebies on other planets too!

I think MA should delete both rigs as they only create unnecessary dramas and cause new players to have wrong attitude toward this game (aka no deposit, just suck and whine)!

1- "Rich" people dont go to the rig to get the oil only, they don't depend on that
2- They stay there for fun , for PVP and ... dunno what else, ask em, I am not one of em , but never found Rig the place to be
3- They will have much more fun killing you and making fun of ppl like you, thinking that mob train em and decay their armor would hurt em .. they are rich right? don't care for few extra peds .. pfft
4- Die, cause you will be killed by mobs or other players ... and wait ... you probably will bring em some mobs contaning global or HOF loot
5- Take your virtual pillow and cry silently at the Revival ..

:dunce:

I agree with the criticism that some aspects of the OP's stated reasons are misdirected, esp. the "rich" part. But I salute their efforts to organise and get back at the corrosive behaviour of so-called pvp'ers who get a kick out of sheer domination. It's not pvp if the other one is defenseless and you know it. Now you whine they throw a mob train back at you? Big LOL! Who needs that pillow now? And we've had the same discussion recurring since the beginning of time. Won't be the last instance either.

Mob trains have some nice loot at times, i once had a 3,4k Atrox HoF from a well known mob trainer :)

imo it is a clever idea that the rig was organised enough to form a queue system. This is probably why MA shut it down as you're supposed to PvP each other and create decay for that oil :laugh:.

Out of interest how long were the queues? And how much ped did each person get (on average)?

Good luck with your protest.

Last edited:
Yes, its all those filthy rich oil gatherers fault how dare they make more then 101% on oil. Now where the hell is my oil handout?!?!...... Come on man you have to see how broken that logic is :D

@OP
cat_memes_23.jpg

Oh and please can one of the mods move this topic out of the PVP section, since this is clearly not a PVP thread :D.

Last edited:
Might be the silliest Conspiracy Theory i ever heard! :lolup::lolup::silly2::silly2::yup:

I could never understand the appeal of waiting in line to get a little oil. Probably why I never did :)

I have to agree!! I never understood it.. "Here take some feckin oil!" :laugh:

I did have someone ask me to go to ...Nate..or whatever it is for a quad ride..and I thought damn ok..went seen was PVP..not lootable,and he had asked "Rose it is not lootable..you scared?" I thought far ahead of this dude..I thought "Hell No..I'm not taking a ride in a quad from a dude will kick me out and I suffocate in Space for a ride!!"..LMAO! (Forward thinking..;) )
The advantages of being around EU for years and seeing all the tricks..;) :laugh::wtg:

Last edited:
It was free oil thay have ever right to take it away when they like, new players get alot more free items when i started. It properly cost more for pvps to protect the rig, but dont do to make money just for fun. The oil is will not skyrocket its one of the most ematters to get. Theirs others ways to make ped, by make making cry baby threads will not help.

11baby-crying-scary-mask.gif

I have to agree!! I never understood it.. "Here take some feckin oil!" :laugh:

I did have someone ask me to go to ...Nate..or whatever it is for a quad ride..and I thought damn ok..went seen was PVP..not lootable,and he had asked "Rose it is not lootable..you scared?" I thought far ahead of this dude..I thought "Hell No..I'm not taking a ride in a quad from a dude will kick me out and I suffocate in Space for a ride!!"..LMAO! (Forward thinking..;) )
The advantages of being around EU for years and seeing all the tricks..;) :laugh::wtg:

your supposed to be in bed

I never visited Calypso rig, but I visited briefly RT and Arkadia rigs. I doubt I will do that again, a lot of waiting for small amount. Could have spent that time on something else, sweating for example or fruitwalking. With sweating or swunting Puny mobs at least I get some skills.

If RT rig has few wolves in the area and Arkadian rig is surrounded by Oratan, why would be problem if Calypso rig is taken by robots.

I would like if its real drones, this puny shit with no loot really sucks.
If there would be comon drones, it would be worth hunting it down and get a few pec oil on top.

Newsbot:
EU players battle for hours to claim 5 cents of virtual oil...really? My farts carry more value in methane content!

Newsbot:
EU players battle for hours to claim 5 cents of virtual oil...really? My farts carry more value in methane content!

Who battle for 5 pecs of oil ? when a shoot cost over 30 ? :D

This cry post is because of the soc that invented the line.... and the "guards" that implemented the ideea that oil is for noobs and is their right!:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

The only thing that allow them to pick that oil is that the drop is 40 pec and the cost to kill a noob is the same... And usually are like 20 noobs there....
Now WTF YOU COMPLAIN YOU GET KILLED IN PVP ? Is like you play counter and start crying u got shot.... (*&!^*@!&%&^!@%$&^@%!&^@! noobs) :_:

So, since MA have taken away the Orthos rig, which was a great help to newer players. There have been protests at the big rig now. There is good reason to believe that a select few of the filthy rich players, wanted the small rig to shutdown, so they cost of oil would skyrocket. I believe they are in cahoots with MA and are so greedy. SO there are many noobs, that are coming in droves to the big rig.

They come naked, and do not even shoot. They lose no PED. But they mob train the rig over and over, so the rich players will have to spend thousands of PED for armour/fap decay, and ammo.

This will continue, until a civilized line for oil can be made at Ashi rig, or until MA re opens Orthis rig. That is all.

They guarantee that the rich players will lose more PED trying to get oil, then they will gain getting any amount of oil. SO it is in their best interest to make a line, or to convince MA to open up Orthos again. That is all.

P.S. you cant dislike, or disagree with this, unless you are a greedy jerk.

Your only right is to DEPOSIT ! No deposit = No game !

(PS: meet u soon :) -> Bounty on u're head 1 pec !

Hey, this is one bunch of crybabies vs another bunch of crybabies. Nobody there gets to sling any mud without it falling back on themselves.

Lure them with free candy, and make an incentive for others to prey on those who jump on it, and then pull the rug from under everybody with one swift move = recipe for a perfect mess. Somebody must be rolling on the floor dowsed in spilled coffee in a Gothenburg office :rofl:

Back