Question: Other planets killing Calypsos economy?

Every item type should have a unique identifier with a planet code. The ES500 was an early item in PE (compared to now), if it had a low code then one of the new RT items could have been given the same identifier but when MA were building the item loot tables they accidentally put the wrong planet code in.

Rather than a NDS problem it could be purely down to MA and a sloppy integration.

Have heard of this idea before and i completely agree with you SpikeBlack. Would add more than a sense of accountability to the whole loot system and should prevent this sort of thing from happening if this indeed was a freak incident.

I would rename the tittle of the thread to something like that:

'Other planets are modifying economy'

Think, dudes, how it's hard to play when you have to tt all your loot because Calypso is not buying our items at auction, even if we set the price with fee included lower than calypso MU.
So who is to blame? You could buy our items, the economy wouldn't risk to devaluate.

And i've added this quote to the opening post:

Pyrite drops from mobs on other planets. It can only be mined in lootable PvP on Calypso.

Still anyone out there thinking it's a bug or an accident?
I've seen enough... :mad:

Every item type should have a unique identifier with a planet code. The ES500 was an early item in PE (compared to now), if it had a low code then one of the new RT items could have been given the same identifier but when MA were building the item loot tables they accidentally put the wrong planet code in.

Rather than a NDS problem it could be purely down to MA and a sloppy content integration.

As for ND changing the bank, he could have been warned by MA that there was possibility that certain high MU items on his planet were likely to drop that shouldn't and that it would take a while to fix, especially if it were out of hours. Should the other bank owners have been warned?

If enough had dropped it could have radically changed the value of the items and lost any of the bank owners thousands of $ (if they had that much in their bank tellers which I doubt)
Yes they should have and evidently weren't.
ND playing with insider information is serious business.

Rather than a NDS problem it could be purely down to MA and a sloppy content integration.

it's most likely a combination of both. it seems pretty apparent that planet partners are permitted to "paint" the resource map and loot tables. MA's responsibility is to approve the balance. the vibrant sweat that was mined on NI was someone entering the wrong code someplace and someone else not checking the submission with sufficient detail to verify that it was correct. likewise, I believe the same problem with the scanners. someone entered a code thinking it was suppose to be something else and nobody verified it.

in the end, it matters little what part of the chain broke as the end result is the same. but, the likely place for the original entry of the codes is NDS and the likely place for final verification is MA. as an aside, it's interesting to note that mr. jacobs has gone on about how much testing was going on but errors such as the now enlarged RT-specifc loot items (zombie blood, some eyes, etc.) should have been noticed under even the most cursory testing.

still, I believe both parties (NDS and MA) need to stand up and accept the responsibility of their failure. between them, they can argue about who had what responsibility and how to ensure this kind of idiocity doesn't occur again.

As for ND changing the bank, he could have been warned by MA that there was possibility that certain high MU items on his planet were likely to drop that shouldn't and that it would take a while to fix, especially if it were out of hours.

what's more likely is that someone told him (or he noticed himself) once the first drop occured and scurried over to his bank to cut the pawn rate so the scanners wouldn't get dumped on him.

what he should have did next was get on the telephone with sweden and inform MA that something serious had gone wrong and have the plug pulled on the RT servers. this didn't happen. instead, things went merrily along until the next morning in sweden when someone turned off the tap. I find it difficult to believe that there isn't a way to have something done on off hours, particularly during a critical phase like a content or platform rollout.

Still anyone out there thinking it's a bug or an accident?

the pyrite? I'm sure it's intentional. on rocktropia, zombies cough it up like argonauts do with iron. although, I seem to remember it only being the zombies in the lootable PVP area; however, I could be wrong.

Do you really think if they can't fix a blasted estate bug for over 2 and a half months recently, and for 4+ months right after vu 10 that they are going to be creating a nice and neat database, all bug free when they are creating entire new planets?

The entire system needs a rehaul from the ground up... Should have happened at vu 10, but it never did... now they are trying to retroactively fix it, and in that process, they have no clue, which is probably part of the reason the Q&A is taking so long... the want answers and etas to give to us, but likely the programmers themselves cannot figure it out since it's all likely spaghetti go to coding instead of smartly done object oriented structured coding... If it was all nice and neat we would have never seen nearly as many bugs as we have seen, especially those that keep recurring regularly.

ok heres the thing, for all you investor storage hording zealots, you all KNEW this would happen when the new planets came out.

you all knew that there would be compareable if not better weapons then the ones you horded in storage all your game life.

fact of the matter is, if your this mad about the rocktropia weapons, i really want to see how you react when arkadia comes out.

seriously, did you think that your investment would be static?

next question is, why did you invest, was it for short term investment, middle term investment, or long term investment?

long term investments with the platform we have now will never work out.(in my opinion)

honestly if i were you i would sell them all right now, clear your storages of all your horded crap so that people that actually want them to be used can use the items.

this is a game after all.

oh and btw, calypso is not MA's anymore, so why should they only care about calypso's economy?

its in MA's best interest that they have a set base number of planets succeed, and they did what they did to prolly help that move along a bit.

if other planets are to buy into the platform they need to see working planets, and right now there is only a few out there, and the new planets we see starting up are having problems, wich i belive that arkadia will have issues in the begining aswell.

so boohoo, i want to see this platform succeed, so why not splurge some rare items that cant be looted atm cause some of the mobs are not on calypso.

anyway, im just some drunk yahoo rambling again, so whatever.

Think, dudes, how it's hard to play when you have to tt all your loot because Calypso is not buying our items at auction, even if we set the price with fee included lower than calypso MU.
So who is to blame? You could buy our items, the economy wouldn't risk to devaluate.

Fukkin waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. :lolup:

Since when is it Calypso's job to buy your shit?!?

I mean, did you forget what you just posted today?!?!?

dynamic is dynamic, does not mean all for calypso and nothing for other planets.
adapt or die. (chip out/leave, any synonyms)

He's just trolling... same as "Shimmer" - simply ignore them.

Im the only one thinking its a good thing ??

My guess is: Mindark want us to play and they released feature for this.

Over the time, Mindark dropped items here and here but some players collected them all, made cartel and price manipulation. That was ok for years.

Now there is a lot of old players out (or not) of the game with huge storage full of goodies. MA want them to put it on the market, that all.

So, from my window, this is a good thing and GG to RC.

Absolutely right on the money, 100% agree with you.

People so badly misunderstand the idea of investment in this game, and then bitch when the company actually decides to slowly take a painful but right thing to do to actually put some useful stuff back in the game as opposed to supporting a completely artificial price patterns that people have convinced themselves are the reality.

Matrix is not RL people, first wake up call, just play the game and have fun with it:)

Since when is Calypso's job to decide new gun stats and where old high end items have to drop?

Browse all my post from the beginning, take well care to explude each contextual implications before copy/past what your mind will puzzle and make me say whatever you want

He's just trolling... same as "Shimmer" - simply ignore them.

Anything that does not go to a complot theory is trolling for calypsians? lol

Despite you guys, I never complained the situation, i pay 80 peds fee to go to auction several times a week and never complained. As you browsing my post and mixing them in this thread, you'll notice that i even wrote in the past that I adapted myself to the situation and do not care that i have to pay 80 peds fee to go at auction, etc.

Now focus on the thread subject and stop trying to start personaal attacks. Who's trolling here?

Psssttt... Ed... you've written four posts in a row, in less than an hour...

You're talking to yourself...

Also ... doesn't seem he knows about this forum rule either:

3.1 - Spamming/Flooding/Trolling
The following are NOT permitted on PlanetCalypsoForum:

• Spamming - Posting the same thread in multiple forums, or posting the same post in multiple threads, or sending unsolicited private messages to members.
  • Flooding - Posting many times in succession in a single thread.
  • Trolling - Constant harassment of a member, or repeated off-topic and/or rude posts in a thread.
Depending on severity, content in violation of this rule will be edited or deleted, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum, all without notice.

Despite you guys, I never complained the situation, i pay 80 peds fee to go to auction several times a week and never complained. As you browsing my post and mixing them in this thread, you'll notice that i even wrote in the past that I adapted myself to the situation and do not care that i have to pay 80 peds fee to go at auction, etc.

Now focus on the thread subject and stop trying to start personaal attacks. Who's trolling here?

well see now, this is the point entirely. Try to follow along here. The people on RT want the people on Calypso to buy their stuff, even if it means that they have to travel to Calypso to sell it. The reason is that the market on Calypso is mature, and there probably aren't many crafters and such on RT yet to buy all the loot. So then the markets are interacting with each other. The whole economy in EU is based on people buying stuff from other people to do whatever their own profession is. It's like a big circle.

The problem is that the entire economy is also based on trust. Trust that you will be able to auction your stuff, trust that you can buy more materials for the next run, trust that the economy itself will still be there tomorrow. If you spend a lot of money on something, you want the value to remain or that trust is eroded.

So when an item that was 7k ped is suddenly 1k ped, it erodes that trust, and to a great degree. When the people who deposit large sums of money to buy items such as this quit doing so, how far do you think the economy will fall? All the way?

It's not a question of what items ND can drop. It's not a question of which planet is doing what. It all comes down to if the people who are willing to put 700 USD into a video game for what amounts to a virtual accessory will feel comfortable doing so in the future.

Calypso is killing Calypso's economy since SDS can't even deliver a few simple answers to several pages of questions on a forum (many of which are questions that should have been answered years ago) in a timely manner, and just keeps pushing the deadline to deliver those answers back, and back, and back...

Other planet partner's actions are not helping the matter though...

It's like a big circle.

Right now it's a big circle with a 80 ped round trip tollroad... Blocking commerce through transport fees and tp fees keeps that circle from being a circle. Revamping the system to remove those fees would be one small step that could help out a lot of things and make the circle be a circle again. Hanger owners could potentially start collecting fees from "transport fees" on auctions, and each auctioneer could be made to just deliver the items that were given to them individually... transport fees could be paid for faster delivery from other auctioneers on the same planets or, as already exists, from other planets... could even extend this to add in the items in "shops" to the auction too - as Marco indicated he wanted someday for a directory of shop items to be out there, and as the wishlist keeps asking for from time to time...

then MA and the Planet Partners could move those fees collected from the auctioneer from their profits and hand them to the hanger owners -- instant win win for all involved...

transport fees = win for the hanger owners

in-planet and off world fees = incentive to have auction bidders explore the worlds more instead of just getting PA tp and that's it...

shops = more sales

MA|PP = more fees in the form of decay and oil as more avatars would pay to travel to various auctioneers in vtols, etc. instead of paying the higher priced transport fees

etc.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to have posted 4 posts in a row, i had to go to my rl job and didn't take time to make up my minds for a complete single post and wasn't aware of the rule mentionned up.
Again, focus on making the discussion go forward, or put it on temporary hold if there is no new idea to bring up.
Loosing time to read rules to attack people (me in that case) instead of seeing then discussing valid points, is your choice, not the choice of players who making the game eveolve, when i look on tracker who neg rep me and who understand.

So i let you spawn all you want on me and stay offline of this forum for weeks like before yesterday, unless mature people bring up attention again, like months/years back.

tyvm mr whizup for your 2 neg rep in 24 hours and diffamation in them. Who's trolling rep system to be able to neg rep twice in 24 hours?

Pleasure, mr. Ed Troll - want another? Pussy.

tyvm mr whizup for your 2 neg rep in 24 hours and diffamation in them. Who's trolling rep system to be able to neg rep twice in 24 hours?

Lol, your not alone Ed. Wizzszz -repped me twice in 2 hours earlier, all because I dared to raise a point :laugh: I hear he is a veteran in the rep system abusing game.

He really doesn't like Rocktropia much, nor does he like people who like Rocktropia, in fact he doesn't seem to like very much at all. Poor guy...

Last edited:
Lol, your not alone Ed. Wizzszz -repped me twice in 2 hours earlier, all because I dared to raise a point :laugh: I hear he is a veteran in the rep system abusing game.

He really doesn't like Rocktropia much, nor does he like people who like Rocktropia, in fact he doesn't seem to like very much at all. Poor guy...

This is a bit too much no ?? U can disagree with him, he can be rude but at least he do it with style, since Rep system is private. So if u have something to say, do it in private instead of seeking attention by making it public event ...

As wiszz is fan of Calypso you seems to be big fanboy of neverdie and rocktropia.
Your comments are ones of the worse without single usage of human inteligence.

Dont you want to go to rocktropia forum and stop bothering us Calypsians ? :)

As wiszz is fan of Calypso you seems to be big fanboy of neverdie and rocktropia.
Your comments are ones of the worse without single usage of human inteligence.

Dont you want to go to rocktropia forum and stop bothering us Calypsians ? :)

I too am a fan of Calypso, I was born on Calypso, and spend most of my time on Calypso. I have also used EF for nearly 6 years.
I am sick of being called a fan-boy of ND. Just because someone likes a particular planet (no more so than any other planet) that does not make anyone a ND fan-boy. You like Calypso, but are you a Marco or Hanne fan-boy? I thought not.

I too am a fan of Calypso, I was born on Calypso, and spend most of my time on Calypso. I have also used EF for nearly 6 years.
I am sick of being called a fan-boy of ND. Just because someone likes a particular planet (no more so than any other planet) that does not make anyone a ND fan-boy. You like Calypso, but are you a Marco or Hanne fan-boy? I thought not.

I agree with dilly. Why the hatred when somebody says he like Rocktropia nicer?

I am a Hanne fanboy. Not a big fan of ND but that more becaus of the ego but I like rocktropia too. Whats the big deal ?

*sstss dont tell Hanne I am on rock, she will skinn my ass alive*

Okay, Okay..

I just you went to PK rockstars to Roctropia and you somehow settled there :D

And from the comments from past few days, it was looking to me like you defend ND and everything that happens with the scanners like mad ;) Without even considering another and and pretty logical points of views.

Its a hard time on calypso now.

Wizzszz is banned now??? What is going on?

Back