PA Mall Shop Owners using drugs?

Crag

Alpha
Society
Skillin' Villin's
Crag Crag Darkling
I just poked around PA mall to try and find an amp and whaaw made me just... wow. it was funny, i really needed the laugh afte rloosing that many ped on a hunt.
Pixie male harness' for +30
goblin male for +40?
warrior for +25

and that's for one piece!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
seriusly thanx for the joke guys.

this wasnt just one shop, this was the whole first floor! go see! i'm sure everyone could use a laugh :)

Last edited:
Who said it was cheaper in the shop? :) Its usualy more expensive, the only advantage is that u get the item instantly, dont have to wait like auction.

hehe you want quick and cheep then go look under the moose in oxford!

Who said it was cheaper in the shop? :) Its usualy more expensive, the only advantage is that u get the item instantly, dont have to wait like auction.

um i could do high buyouts on the auction to buy immediatly and still not even do +25 for a full set of pixie male, not just the chest!

Then I'm glad my shop is not on the first floor ;)

Then I'm glad my shop is not on the first floor ;)

hehe i didnt get higher then the first, was laughing to hard!
man i still need that amp too... eh.

I must admit, I agree with Crag, first impressions DO last.

Once on CND I went to a shop looking for a good extractor, the owner being well known, turns out said extractor was well over market value.

I didnt buy it, because I checked, but I was astonished, the memory stayed with me, and now feel I am wasting my time trawling around shops.

Shame really :(

but Kitten maybe I will pop along and see what you have sometime :)

Ohh neato also check the other shops tey are more out of the way so the prices usually much beter ^.^

I must admit, I agree with Crag, first impressions DO last.

Once on CND I went to a shop looking for a good extractor, the owner being well known, turns out said extractor was well over market value.

I didnt buy it, because I checked, but I was astonished, the memory stayed with me, and now feel I am wasting my time trawling around shops.

Shame really :(

but Kitten maybe I will pop along and see what you have sometime :)

Hi All.

Well I bought the PA mall just a few days ago, I believe sales have been going well for shopkeeprs who keep their shops stocked, and there are a lot of great quality shops at the port Atlantis Mall, with dedicated shopowners and low prices, there are of course, at the time of writing, a few shops that are unused, or that are not fully used, so may have no, or some expensive items in.

So one of my plans is, to try and help people who may own shops, but not use them, or maybe not fully use them, to sell if they wish, aswell as helping people looking to rent or buy a shop, i'll do this by making a list of people who may want to sell/buy/rent, I think this will help the shops that are not in use, become used in the future.

so if you have a PA mall shop you wish to sell, or are looking to buy or rent a PA mall shop, please check out the PA Mall website, shops Buying & Selling section here and/or email me at ace@pa-mall.com and i'll let you know if I hear of any shops for sale/rent, or anyone buying.

All this being said, there are a lot of great shops in port atlantis mall with low prices, with very dedicated shop owners, I think the key to making sure shops are fully used is, if help is wanted, to try and assist the owners of unused shops, by making a buy/sell/rent list, so if they wish, they can sell, buy or rent, so
the shops can be used by someone. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Also I am more than happy to help anyone that wants help, or has questions/comments.

Thanks,

Ace Wiseshadow.

Last edited:
I don't even bother looking around PA mall for exactly this reason. Maybe i'm cynical but, could these prices possibly be aimed at exploiting noobs? After all, i don't see quite such outrageous prices at emerald and twin:scratch2:

i sell weapon amps - bull tacs + shears (if its weapon amps u are looking for):D.

My store is at Treasure Island City
Platinum Building
Block B
Shop #3

I try to keep my item at or just below auction, so mabye u should check it out and see what u think.

Thanks
Cmann

i sell weapon amps - bull tacs + shears (if its weapon amps u are looking for):D.

My store is at Treasure Island City
Platinum Building
Block B
Shop #3

I try to keep my item at or just below auction, so mabye u should check it out and see what u think.

Thanks
Cmann

Heheh ... that's my old shop - so you're the one who got it for start bid on auction when the VU was being implemented (i.e. servers down) ... :)

Hi,

We have a lot of great quality shops with low prices, and as said before, at the time of writing, there may be a few shops that are not being fully used, or not used to their potentional, for example if a shop has just a few items in, maybe overpriced, but please don't let this put you off the amazing shops we have at PA mall, with low prices. I believe sales are going well for those who keep well stocked shops.

But as I said, at the moment there is room for improvment in some of the shops, and I will try and help anyone who wants help in buying, selling, or renting, by making a list of those looking to buy, sell, or rent, so empty shops, etc, don't occour.

I will do anything I can to help those shop owners that want help, buying/selling/renting, etc.

I have just taken over the mall a few days ago, and i'll be working very hard to make sure PA mall continues to grow. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Ghandi made a good mall review a few months ago, which may be of some help:

Port Atlantis Mall Store Review - EntropiaForum.com

Last edited:
That's why I'm only browse some shops by known crafters, I feel it waste of my time to load many pixie/goblin/knight thigh (F)/kango mask/FAP-5 and overpriced ore. Sometimes I really wonder why someone pay hundred of PED per month just selling pixie, fap-5 and jester d-1 and some of them have been there since the mall was introduced ...

And the additional fee really ruins some ore shops. Like lyst at 106% the owner wanted to sell at first, but with the fees it will go up to 109% which is far over the market price.

Not only PA mall that has items overpriced like that. Even well known crafters seem to be smoking something when putting prices on their items sometimes.

Also many many people seems to have the shops for storage and not for selling items. At least when they haven't put prices on or the markup is way above average in auction.

Not often I update myself on what shops that sells what and how the pricing is, so for me a shop with overpriced gears isn't a shop I visit again, at least not for a month or two.

That is EXACTLY why, i do not and never will buy anything from the malls

on the flip side the auction is sooo full of reselling, for example

Skill chips, i have noticed about an extra 2000%-50000% on chips lately and the majority comes from ppl wanting to make an extra what .50pec?

its rediculous, the rule i have been sticking to is AVG selling price for the item, and u know what, it usually sells INSTANTLY!!!

It is a shame that some people have very, very over inflated prices. I had a spate of resellers buying stuff from my shop and then selling on auction or other areas. I had a dilemma - did I put the price up or keep it low in the hope that the people I was aiming for (low end players) would beat the resellers to the item.

Not all shopowners keep the prices high.

Ace Wiseshadow - I noticed the new name at the bottom of the welcome message :) nice to see you.

Ace if you ever have a query over my shop don't hesitate to contact me.

And the additional fee really ruins some ore shops. Like lyst at 106% the owner wanted to sell at first, but with the fees it will go up to 109% which is far over the market price.

Bad example, the tax is 2.5% on the markup (over TT) of any item (in the PA mall).

In this case, 2.5% of 6% = 0.15% extra, or your 106% turns into 106.15% ;)

That's why I'm only browse some shops by known crafters, I feel it waste of my time to load many pixie/goblin/knight thigh (F)/kango mask/FAP-5 and overpriced ore. Sometimes I really wonder why someone pay hundred of PED per month just selling pixie, fap-5 and jester d-1 and some of them have been there since the mall was introduced ...

Yes Ive noticed that in a shop I was going to buy but couldnt get the ped in for it . The stuff in that shop just seems to sit there and is overpriced too.

Cant see the point of it:confused:

Bad example, the tax is 2.5% on the markup (over TT) of any item (in the PA mall).

In this case, 2.5% of 6% = 0.15% extra, or your 106% turns into 106.15% ;)

It may be because the tt is quite low as there is minimum of 1 ped (or 99 pec) markup or somesuch. It really kills the market in shifting low tt items that sell at a % rate.

Not sure if that makes sense except in my head but I'm sure someone can explain it better.

I would like to state to those couple of people saying "my shop here is cool" that's not what this thread is for, this thread was to open a discussion on price gouging at PA mall.

Ace, the stores i am speaking of were gnerally rather full of armor, full sets hanging up on shelves, but far far over priced. I understand you have absolutly no controll over it. But maybee if we got enough people angry about it or speaking out, the shop owners (who i c ant name due to forum rules) will change there tune.

On another note, i had considered renting like a shopkeeper or something to put up some (L) items in. but again, the problem comes with tax... but see i can see this like 112% markup +tax, paying that extra 2.5% (a few pec to a few ped depending on tt and markup) is a simple "convienance fee" knowing when your loughlen breaks, you can go buy 3 more at a price you know, from a spot you know. but come on +25 on a pixie harness? :laugh:

I just poked around PA mall to try and find an amp and whaaw made me just... wow. it was funny, i really needed the laugh afte rloosing that many ped on a hunt.
Pixie male harness' for +30
goblin male for +40?
warrior for +25

and that's for one piece!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
seriusly thanx for the joke guys.

this wasnt just one shop, this was the whole first floor! go see! i'm sure everyone could use a laugh :)
Please name names.

It may look like you are outing a scammer, but if you post objective facts like,
Shopkeeper X 1st Floor PA Mall where where is selling Pixie Harness for TT+25; then that is verifiable and simple facts.

hahahaha that's bull tt+25? try tt+2.5 lol!

Well I think there are a lot of benefits to shop owners, It's often cheaper than putting items on auction I think.

I think maybe reading this some might get the impression PA mall is full of overpriced pixie, with nothing else, this simply is not the case. I said this before, but its true, there are a lot of great quality shops in the mall with low prices. and I already know of several new shop keepers looking to set great shops up.

As I said before, at the time of writing, there may be a few shops with room for improvement, empty, low stock, etc, I will try and help people who want help, and make a list of those who want to sell/buy/rent unwanted shops, and let them know if I hear of a buyer, seller, or renter, Thanks to everyone for the input.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Shopowners that put to high prices bite their self. There is one particular ubercrafter that I never will buy anything from.
Not naming names but when checking auction awhile back the prices on the items he put up for sale was way over current market. Same goes for items in his shops.

Perhaps new players who are not that familiar with mark-up will buy some stuff but in the long run you learn who keeps the prices reasonable and who doesn´t.

I´m not playing EU especially eco and I do buy alot of items on at BO prices. But I also get to chose who get my deposited money (and that is alot of money).

I think anyone selling low end armour at such prices is really shooting themselves in the foot. It is a far better strategy to shift low end items at low prices (even at a loss) in order to gain the respect & loyalty of players new to the game. Many new players start out not depositing at all, untill they feel this is the place for them. Insane prices for items that most of us tt will only discourage these players from continuing or atleast not shop at that particular place again even when they have loads of PED deposited.
This is not unique to PA Mall btw and there are many great shops there but I agree that some people are putting items at massively inflated prices but I doubt they have much of a turnover anyway and are probably losing out (with regards to low end gear), and getting little repeat custom. Desirable items is slightly different because they are just that.
I would encourage shoppers to look around and reward the shop owners attempting to do fair business by buying from them rather than giving up on the malls. Also because the pricing is a moving average on any given day you may find something a bit expensive but equally you may find a bargain. All you have to so is find shop owners who appear to be trying to stay close to the average price of items ;)
If you don't look for and find those that are selling at a fair price they will find themselves forced to raise their prices to pay their rent hoping for that one lucky sale.

I am a shop owner in PA MALL amongst others btw to put my comments in context.

Oh and grats on the purchase ACE

Last edited:
Me and a friend of mine have an appropriate nickname for the shopkeepers ( the pad ones, not real people) in malls and shops. Simply, the ripoff keepers.
Most TT food armors, weapons and tools go for +5 and higher, hardly worth it if you can go to the nearest auctioneer and buy it for +0.23.

There are allways shops with redicoulously overpriced item...

... and the ones resell worthy that patch my budget after a big loss :ahh:

... for example try Auktumas shop PA mall 3rd floor for almost freebies (at some time he has e.g. beasts for +175 while auction price is well over 200)

I.

I just had a quick scout around the mall , some of the shops do have their prices a bit cocked up some are trying to sell stuff anything up to 10 times thier value.

Didnt find any pixie for + 25 . +4 was all I found

Back