Participate at MM 2013 and not be in the result list

Angbu

Provider
Society
Fight For Fun
Ang Angbu Bu
I participated at Merry Mayhem 2013 in category 2 solo.

I hunted 31h12 minutes (30 full key of 62 minutes + 1 key of 10+2 minutes).
Disconnected 2 or 3 times maximum. Between 1 -2 minutes loss maximum.
I scored 14670 points in 31h12 minutes, so certainly 14105 points normalized.
So i would be 9th with the actual result list but i'm not in the list....

I made a support yesterday after the announce, but no answer of MA.

Soon, MA 'll give rewards and i 'll be very disappointed.

Are there others avatars as me ?

That's messed up. I know someone who did only 30 keys and crashed a little bit but his score still counted because they added the first 2 minutes of each run. (He didn't see the minimum 30hrs rule)

I participated at Merry Mayhem 2013 in category 2 solo.

I hunted 31h12 minutes (30 full key of 62 minutes + 1 key of 10+2 minutes).
Disconnected 2 or 3 times maximum. Between 1 -2 minutes loss maximum.
I scored 14670 points in 31h12 minutes, so certainly 14105 points normalized.
So i would be 9th with the actual result list but i'm not in the list....

I made a support yesterday after the announce, but no answer of MA.

Soon, MA 'll give rewards and i 'll be very disappointed.

Are there others avatars as me ?

For me those +2minutes do not count in my normalized score...

So you did only 30 full keys of 60 minutes + 1 key for 10 minutes resulting with only 10 minutes buffor.

It is really hard to tell how much avatar is inside after diconnect but it seems it is no longer than 10 second.

So if you will log back after ~2minutes (when you are not ingame after discconect time does not count) then you need only 6 disconnects to go outside your 10 minutes safe buffor.

Imho answer from MA that you will get: "according to our logs your time was 29hour 58minutes and 23secs" or somethign like that.

Falagor
:bandit:

In reply to Falagor...

For me those +2minutes do not count in my normalized score...

So you did only 30 full keys of 60 minutes + 1 key for 10 minutes resulting with only 10 minutes buffor.

It is really hard to tell how much avatar is inside after diconnect but it seems it is no longer than 10 second.

So if you will log back after ~2minutes (when you are not ingame after discconect time does not count) then you need only 6 disconnects to go outside your 10 minutes safe buffor.

Imho answer from MA that you will get: "according to our logs your time was 29hour 58minutes and 23secs" or somethign like that.

Falagor

...see below

That's messed up. I know someone who did only 30 keys and crashed a little bit but his score still counted because they added the first 2 minutes of each run. (He didn't see the minimum 30hrs rule)

it apparently does count and I am pretty sure I have heard most people say it does count...unless they changed it with the correction...it did count before...

Brick

...see below

it apparently does count and I am pretty sure I have heard most people say it does count...unless they changed it with the correction...it did count before...

Brick

Well i did full 31 runs in cat 3 - got very few disconnects (i am almost certain i got only 3).

My result was 5132 points. Total time counting the time from the summary after leaving instances: 31hours, 62minutes, 12seconds = 32.04 hours.

After correction i have 4976.08 points. This means MA counted my time inside instance as 31.06 hours.

It is actually wierd becase if they do not count those extra +2 minutes it should be under 31hours but it is clear to me that those +2 minutes are rather not counted and the extra time comes from something else (for example extra 10sec for every instance - hard to tell where it came from).

@edit:
31.06was actually counted wrong by me - sorry (grayed out). If i will consider that MA counts each run as exactly 60 minutes i should get 4966.45 points. The fact i have got 10 points more is probably connected with those few disconnects i have got.
So if MA counts each instance as 60minutes run then they counted my time inside instances as ~30.94hours from 31 full runs.

Falagor

Last edited:

While its true that Angbu's situation is messed up, the guy in the quote did his 30 hours obviously because it was 62 mins per key...

My result was 5132 points. Total time counting the time from the summary after leaving instances: 31hours, 62minutes, 12seconds = 32.04 hours.

The instance summary screen includes the 2 minutes...i.e. 62 mins per instance. So you already accounted for it.

The instance summary screen includes the 2 minutes...i.e. 62 mins per instance. So you already accounted for it.

You did not understand me...

My normalized score means that MA counted my time inside instances as 30 hours, 56minutes and ~20-30 seconds. I was inside instances 31 full times.

This means MA did not coutned those +2 minutes each instance for me.

Falagor

Thanks for yours answers.

I have few friends who counted 62 minutes/key and it give the normalized score.

But , in fact 62minutes/key or 60minutes/key I did more 30H because i hunted an extra 10 minutes and i almost certain that i had 2 or 3 disconnect maximum. And reconnected as soon as. So maximum maximum 6 minutes lost.

It's very hard for me if MA made an error and don't modify.

Thanks for yours answers.

I have few friends who counted 62 minutes/key and it give the normalized score.

But , in fact 62minutes/key or 60minutes/key I did more 30H because i hunted an extra 10 minutes and i almost certain that i had 2 or 3 disconnect maximum. And reconnected as soon as. So maximum maximum 6 minutes lost.

It's very hard for me if MA made an error and don't modify.

Well i hope it will get sorted out for you and MA decides to give you the prize even after posting "final" results ;).

Falagor

Did you hunt in a team?

Yes. Not hunting in cat. 2 team but in cat.3 team with a socmate. But just for fun. Not for competition.

What do you think?

Yes. Not hunting in cat. 2 team but in cat.3 team with a socmate. But just for fun. Not for competition.

What do you think?

Oleg asked if you were in a team while entering solo istance? (reason could be: hiding your name from globals chat)

Falagor

Sorry,

no no . Not in team. Always solo.

And support don't answer...

I got an answer of MA support :

"Hi Angbu,

Thank you for contacting us. The results of Merry Mayhem 2013 were calculated using the correct event start time of 2013-12-20 16:00:00 UTC and those are the final results.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support"

So i think that support didn't search and gave me their answer by default....

How can i contact an official of MA?

(...)

Have you used ingame support system to write the support or mayby you used system at official site?

I noticed that answers to my support cases made through official site are more professional (of course there are visible to check in the ingame system too). Mayby you should try it.

Also try explaining everything as detailed as you can. The more info you provide the better.

Falagor

Yes official site.

WTF !!!

MA you can t answer this ! wiht guys do MM for more 30 hour and use some ped for do this score (14k point).
it s intolerable.

I got an answer of MA support :

"Hi Angbu,

Thank you for contacting us. The results of Merry Mayhem 2013 were calculated using the correct event start time of 2013-12-20 16:00:00 UTC and those are the final results.

Kind regards,

So i think that support didn't search and gave me their answer by default....

Did you done any of your 31 keys before this date and time?

No, i began 2013-12-21....

I send a new support message :

"Hi,

First, don't give me the default answer : "The results of Merry Mayhem 2013 were calculated using the correct event start time of 2013-12-20 16:00:00 UTC and those are the final results."

Because i began my MM runs the 2013-12-21 and i finished my runs the 2013-12-30.

I hunted more 30 hour (31h12minutes) in categroy 2 solo and i got 14670 points. So : 14105 points normalized.

But i am not in the result? why? There is an error.

Please don't give me your default answer and please contact the employee's MindArd which can verify.

I would be 9th in category 2 solo and get a reward.
It's very important for me.

Please verify and give me the truth.

Kindly
Ang Angbu bu"

I hope an other answer

Assuming...

...everything that angbu says is accurate and it sounds pretty solid to me...this is a good reason for ANYONE considering investing in a major run on a major event like Merry Mayhem to take a STRONG second look at this risk before going forward with that investment...and the risks are two-fold here...a) you might make a small but devastating error in following rules and ruin your chances you've spent a year preparing for and b) MA will multiply that risk by either a) making an error themselves in calculation or recording or b) refuse to answer with an accurate reason why you didn't qualify...IMO without an accurate answer from support for angbu on this there should be some community support for him and you should strongly consider you could be in this position...I'm not saying it's not possible they don't have a valid reason but they should give it to him or we should all be upset...

Brick

MA is scamming me

I had an other answer at an other support send 2 days ago :

"Hi Angbu,

The results of Merry Mayhem 2013 were calculated using the correct event start time of 2013-12-20 16:00:00 UTC and this are the final results, no changes nor corrections will be made.

Kind regards,

no changes nor corrections will be made....

i keep the last support send yesterday in open status but my hopeness is low.

thank you at the people which read and answer this thread.

I think stop deposit in EU and once my pedcard at 0 leave.

My score :

scoremm.jpg

a screenshot of my globals which show begin date and end date :

screenglobalmm.jpg

i give this at MA

New answer of EU's support :

"Angbu,

The results are final and no changes nor corrections will be made.

Regards,

so none solution...

Some friends said me that i should be post a petition on pcf.
It's not a little too big?

New answer of EU's support :

"Angbu,

The results are final and no changes nor corrections will be made.

Regards,

so none solution...

Some friends said me that i should be post a petition on pcf.
It's not a little too big?

I think you should request full logs of "how" your final time was calculated by MA (i know i would in your situation).

Try holding emotions though. Asking politely may do more.

Ask for:
- what is full time spent inside instances by you during the event.
- if it is under 30 hours -> ask for exact log of: time of each entering and leaving instance and of each disconnect and reconect time that occured while being inside.

Also you should tell them that you understand getting this information requires one of dev team to spent time to extract this info but you should underline that you are potential prize winner (again) so you have rights to check those logs and they should provide them.

Thre are two scenarios:
1) they will not provide this info and will rid of you with another copy/paste msg = they will loose even more reputation
2) they will provide log - you should then check if it is rather real or mayby its faked - it may by troublesome to verify this but if you want to score you shoul do it - try finding one of your global timing that may be outside provided instance time:
a) if it is real - ask youself if you coudl possibly measured something wrong - i doubt you will be able to fight any further
b) if it is fake - post it here so MA will loose ALL reputation they have left and post them that you found flaw in their logs and wait for their msg.

Falagor

This makes me more and more fearful of the results for the team mayhem.

I did notice that when in team i left the instance because i forgot to bring fap, and when i re-entered it consumed another key, are you sure nothing like that happened? Creating the list seems a pretty straightforward database query to make, and with your start and end date there must be something odd that excludes you from the list?

Did you go past level 50 during the event maybe (you should still qualify, but it could maybe explain the error in the list?)

I feel very sorry for you Angbu. If all what you said is true (and i have the feeling it is) then MA is unfair. I really want to participate on the MM next year but i wonder if it worths the investment as such mistake can occur...

COME ONE MINDARK, CHECK YOUR LOG FILE ONE MORE TIME !!!!!

Follow Falagor's recommendation exactly...

...hold your emotion and post the responses here...post the absence of a response here and BE SPECIFIC in what you request...they may feel they have closure on their side but if there is no closure on the player side then EVERYONE who is on this forum can mke their own fair judgment about whether to play next year...I will probably not play Id say 90% sure at least in solo just based on this issue unless they respond with a reasonable answer...

Brick

This is pissing me off. Instead of continuously telling him to f*ck off they could at least get off their asses and tell him why his score was disqualified.

We all know there is a high volume of support cases and canned answers are to be expected, but when it comes to something of this magnitude it's plainly unacceptable.

Back