PC: Future price of PK gear

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Assuming the Big Alliance methods hold true for future landgrabs, What will happen to the price of PK gear?

Let's face it, PVP4 is one thing, but whenever LG is announced, out comes the credit cards.

(Note: I truly don't care about the Big Alliance issue one way or the other. I simply see potential market effects happening, and want input.)

Assuming the Big Alliance methods hold true for future landgrabs, What will happen to the price of PK gear?

Let's face it, PVP4 is one thing, but whenever LG is announced, out comes the credit cards.

(Note: I truly don't care about the Big Alliance issue one way or the other. I simply see potential market effects happening, and want input.)

It will be doubled ofcourse.

Hard to say... PK is popular even without the LG. LG does not happen often enough to affect the price overall IMO.

A friend or 2 beside you is worth more than gear.

Same is true with hunting big mobs.

If you cant afford Eon, get a few friends in Vigi.

If you cant afford a MM, get a few friends with Apis.

And so on.

In my opinion the trend we are seeing now points out that the future is limited. Thus I think armors such as Eon will lose some of it value. Unlimited PK weapons are also becoming less attractive due to the massive dmg announced in new and limited weapons. I must admit I don't like this trend.

If you do not have more than 150 hp you risk getting one hitted often, and you will be forced to use limited armor. The way I see it, PK is getting expensive in such way that only the upper class and rich will be able to really play it. You will need to make investment of more than 50k ped to really stand a chance and that's money disappeared in limited armor, weapon and skills. Money you will most likely never get back. Then you need to afford new limited guns and armor on regular basis. I fear we will see a steady lack of PKers if we keep going this path, leaving only a very few left.

As for the LG I don't think this has much effect on the price.

Any other thoughts?

I guess what your getting at is that you think prices will crash on pk items due to this years alliance.
Even if LG had an effect on prices (which i dont believe it does) i guess you have to look at it in the same way as countries do.... you have to have the weapons in order to maintain your place, even if they are never used... so i dont expect any change in price at all.

who cares :D
way too overpriced stuff for the normal use either way, so i guess its up to the pvp4 pkers and rich ppl to determine that

which they did in the past, so should stay the same

likely CE2 will bring new ppl in, likely some rich ones too, so there should be a price increase for those who want to pk (maybe even in pvp4) for a while

but if they stay, hard to say

Back