PC: HL8 and HL11 UL

Buds

Old
Logan xXx Wolf
I'm interested in getting a price check on the current market value for both the HL8 and HL11 as I may be in the market for one as a long term skiller. Not really interested in what the values used to be just the current perceived value.

HL8 - Up to say tier 3 or 4
HL11 - Up to say tier 2

Also any owners out there thinking of departing with either guns fell free to contact me to discuss as well... :D

~xXx

well recently a ul hl8 was in au for 2 weeks with BO 9k and didnt sell , so id say a bit below that mark for UL HL8 , tiers dont really add any substantial value unless its uber high.

so for hl8 , 8k is too close to the untouched 9k gun , and current au order for 6k is abit on the low side , so somewhere in between maybe 7k id say atm.

hl11 , no idea tbh.

cheers

ermik

Thanks for the reply ermik... I think the one that was in auction you're referring to was Pushermans and was in there twice recently once for TT+10k and the last time for TT+9k. Not sure if it actually got sold though.

~xXx

Thanks for the reply ermik... I think the one that was in auction you're referring to was Pushermans and was in there twice recently once for TT+10k and the last time for TT+9k. Not sure if it actually got sold though.

~xXx

it expired without any bids , with BO 9K

TT + 9-13K for th HL11 is a valid price in my mind. That based on the price of hl6, hl8, DB, cb21...
But on the other hand is there many hl11 in game?

TT + 9-13K for th HL11 is a valid price in my mind. That based on the price of hl6, hl8, DB, cb21...
But on the other hand is there many hl11 in game?
Not to sure how many are actually in the game... Guess we will just have to wait and see if any want to make an appearance.. ;)

Don't be shy guys and gals...

~xXx

Im pretty sure there is only one hl11 in game. It dropped from a spider a long time ago.

wow everyone seems to be looking for a ul hl8 lately. o.0
My guess for the current value would be tt+9.8k.
If you missed the tt+9k sale then that's kinda your fault since that was the lowest price ever for that gun so far.
Those pricy guns hardly ever sell in auc though since ppl need the time to collect their cash.
I am certain if someone would be so desperate to sell his gun that he made a thread here with tt+9k bo then the hl8 would go reserved within a week or two. However I doubt that will happen unless the new planets suddenly start dropping UL SIB in masses.

*subscribing*

If you missed the tt+9k sale then that's kinda your fault since that was the lowest price ever for that gun so far.
Those pricy guns hardly ever sell in auc though since ppl need the time to collect their cash.
I am certain if someone would be so desperate to sell his gun that he made a thread here with tt+9k bo then the hl8 would go reserved within a week or two. However I doubt that will happen unless the new planets suddenly start dropping UL SIB in masses.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?205027-Isis-HL8-Unlimited

this thread went on for 11 days without getting SB 9k , best offer made was +7k

not sure about "If you missed the tt+9k sale then that's kinda your fault since that was the lowest price ever for that gun so far."

we can confirm market "missed" 2 sales at 9k , im only pointing out my observations.

so we know market wont pay +9k , and that the last known official bid is +7k, somewhere i sense a +8k coming up as good candidate for where the price should be atm.

cheers

ermik

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?205027-Isis-HL8-Unlimited

not sure about "If you missed the tt+9k sale then that's kinda your fault since that was the lowest price ever for that gun so far."

we can confirm market "missed" 2 sales at 9k , im only pointing out my observations.

so we know market wont pay +9k , and that the last known official bid is +7k, somewhere i sense a +8k coming up as good candidate for where the price should be atm.

cheers

ermik

read my post again. :) there was a b and an o hidden in it. ^^
If buzz had set the BO to tt+9k he would have sold the gun within 11 days... however from how I understood what he said selling at that price has never been his intention.

Why does everyone assumes that the buyers with peds ready to buy UL SIB guns as soon as they get on the market? :scratch2:

Everyone wants such guns.

90% of ppl don't have cash ingame or means to deposit to buy one

1% owns them

9% will buy them when they hit an uber or decide to make an investment in the game.

If you want to buy such a gun NOW, then be prepared to pay a premium price to get it ASAP!
If you want to sell such a gun, either put it with a few months ahead on market and have patience to find a buyer or lower the price quite a lot below the previous sales to sell it fast.

cheers

ermik

If buzz did have +9k as bo, then it will have been sold. No qustion about it. But whit a SB and from what I can remeber no end date, it was more fun to... as he did self write "insult" him whit a low offer ;)

Same way that not all the people in the game have a account here to know that is for sale. No all people do look in au everyday... just becouse it dont sell at price XXX, dont mean that the value off it is lower...
One week it dont sell for +9k dont mean it will not sell for +10k the next week. It's all about when someone have peds agains when someone needs to sell...

Thanks for the mixed replys...

Still interested in exactly how many HL11's there are in game (Maybe 2 at the moment) and an accurate current market value. If you know some who has one let them know that someone is interested in acquiring the gun.

It's interesting to know the range at what people value the HL8 from a buyers and sellers perspective but in the end it's buyer that determines the final price I guess. Be it paying what ever the seller is asking or haggling for the best price possible.

~xXx

Thanks for the mixed replys...

Still interested in exactly how many HL11's there are in game (Maybe 2 at the moment) and an accurate current market value. If you know some who has one let them know that someone is interested in acquiring the gun.

It's interesting to know the range at what people value the HL8 from a buyers and sellers perspective but in the end it's buyer that determines the final price I guess. Be it paying what ever the seller is asking or haggling for the best price possible.

~xXx

There is no accurate market value, and cant see if it ever will be... the price is based on how bad a buyer what it and how qiuck the seller is forced to sell. Buyers and seller do change in every deal, so does the value off the item.

+9k on a HL8 is very cheap in my eyes...

If buzz did have +9k as bo, then it will have been sold. No qustion about it. But whit a SB and from what I can remeber no end date, it was more fun to... as he did self write "insult" him whit a low offer ;)

Same way that not all the people in the game have a account here to know that is for sale. No all people do look in au everyday... just becouse it dont sell at price XXX, dont mean that the value off it is lower...
One week it dont sell for +9k dont mean it will not sell for +10k the next week. It's all about when someone have peds agains when someone needs to sell...

There is no accurate market value, and cant see if it ever will be... the price is based on how bad a buyer what it and how qiuck the seller is forced to sell. Buyers and seller do change in every deal, so does the value off the item.

+9k on a HL8 is very cheap in my eyes...

I have to agree with these posts. I had actually made a comment in another thread that I thought +9k was a good price for the HL8 in question while the thing was still listed. There was some debate as to if I was wrong or not, and I defended myself using the same points as made above. If you factor in dps, convenience, availability, tiering, fluctuating market prices, market competition, rarity, and fun factor, I still say +9k is a great price and a recommended buy, and I think up to +10.5k tt +11k is still a good buy and a fair deal.

One of the problems is, a person's opinion on the "value" of one of these unl sib weapons almost certainly changes the instant they click the green check box in their trade window. You go from a buyer thinking the gun is being over valued, to an owner thinking it's undervalued, almost in a heartbeat.

HL11, I too have no idea. My best guess would come from doing some research to comparable dps and eco sib weapons, then going from there. GL!

Well , basicly its all about how much peds you cycle , thats what determines the time it takes to get a ROI on the Isis HL8. these are hard numbers. And remember , returns are not guaranteed , this is just a calculation to show how much peds you must cycle to get back your investment compared to only using the L version.

ROI calculation Isis HL8 Unlimited

Calculation price : tt+10000 peds , example is with a104

IF HL8 (L) = 110% then ROI = NEVER ( this means atm HL8 (L) is more eco at 110% than the ul version )

IF HL8 (L) = 115% then ROI = When 1.749.608 peds have been cycled through UL HL8+a104 ( 6998 hours )

IF HL8 (L) = 120% then ROI = When 833.042 peds have been cycled through UL HL8+a104 ( 3332 hours )

IF HL8 (L) = 125% then ROI = When 527.520 peds have been cycled through UL HL8+a104 ( 2110 hours )

My experience shows that you can cycle around 250 ped / hour with a HL8 if you are effective.

lets assume the recent addition of missions with mobs that drop HL8(L) , its likely that markup will stay around or close to 110-115% for a long time.

so if we calculate high , 115% , ROI will come if we hunt.

1 hour / day = ROI in 19 years
2 hours / day = ROI in 9,5 years
3 hours / day = ROI in 6,3 years
8 hours / day = ROI IN 2,39 years

so , if you are a HARDCORE hunter , you will get a good ROI on this gun in 2-3 years. If you are a normal mid lvl player hunting 1-2 hours per day then ROI is not even interesting....

If HL8 (L) should start moving up towards 120% then there are better options avalible in the same dps area in other weapons.

And please dont confuse ROI with if you profit or not in EU, this is a calculation about cost , not return.

cheers

ermik

Well , basicly its all about how much peds you cycle , thats what determines the time it takes to get a ROI on the Isis HL8. these are hard numbers. And remember , returns are not guaranteed , this is just a calculation to show how much peds you must cycle to get back your investment compared to only using the L version.

IF HL8 (L) = 110% then ROI = NEVER ( this means atm HL8 (L) is more eco at 110% than the ul version )

IF HL8 (L) = 115% then ROI = When 1.749.608 peds have been cycled through UL HL8+a104 ( 6998 hours )

IF HL8 (L) = 120% then ROI = When 833.042 peds have been cycled through UL HL8+a104 ( 3332 hours )

IF HL8 (L) = 125% then ROI = When 527.520 peds have been cycled through UL HL8+a104 ( 2110 hours )

My experience shows that you can cycle around 250 ped / hour with a HL8 if you are effective.

lets assume the recent addition of missions with mobs that drop HL8(L) , its likely that markup will stay around or close to 110-115% for a long time.

so , if you are a HARDCORE hunter , you will get a good ROI on this gun in 2-3 years. If you are a normal mid lvl player hunting 1-2 hours per day then ROI is not even interesting....

If HL8 (L) should start moving up towards 120% then there are better options avalible in the same dps area in other weapons.

And please dont confuse ROI with if you profit or not in EU, this is a calculation about cost , not return.

cheers

ermik

And then we have Emine armor that cost alot less then jaguar becouse off the looks off it... price in here dont make sense no matter what math you have to backup a price.

I wouldn't value firefly and DB in the same range as laser pistols just because they might be in the same dps range.

There's a lot more ppl who can use HL11 rather then firefly and DB.

I wouldn't value firefly and DB in the same range as laser pistols just because they might be in the same dps range.

There's a lot more ppl who can use HL11 rather then firefly and DB.

That's true...so the hl11 is higher than 15k? Some might say that that melee weapons is valued higher because they give a good hp boost... I don't really know but should the price differ more than a couple of Kped?

That's true...so the hl11 is higher than 15k? Some might say that that melee weapons is valued higher because they give a good hp boost... I don't really know but should the price differ more than a couple of Kped?

HP boost is only in the beginning and that's because everyone who starts skilling melee is a total noob in that profession. :laugh:

Let's look a bit at facts, shall we? :)
BLP Pistoleer (Hit) - Handgun - 38% contribution - 1600 points/HP
Knifefighter (Hit) - Melee combat - 9% contribution - 533.3 points/HP

There is no other skill except strength that gives HP in a melee profession compared to other hunting professions. Let's say you get an extra 4 points of HP from Strenght if you hunt a crapload with melee and get to 80 strenght and this is a plus.

However, if I do a quick comparation between HG and Melee combat, I get 4.2 times more HG then Melee combat when hunting. So yea, in the beginning, when I am a total noob in Melee related skills, I get an HP boost. After a certain level(3-4k maybe) Melee combat grows 4.2 times slower then HG so I don't get that much advantage. A true slow down in HG comes at around 7-8k

HP boost is only in the beginning and that's because everyone who starts skilling melee is a total noob in that profession. :laugh:

Let's look a bit at facts, shall we? :)
BLP Pistoleer (Hit) - Handgun - 38% contribution - 1600 points/HP
Knifefighter (Hit) - Melee combat - 9% contribution - 533.3 points/HP

There is no other skill except strength that gives HP in a melee profession compared to other hunting professions. Let's say you get an extra 4 points of HP from Strenght if you hunt a crapload with melee and get to 80 strenght and this is a plus.

However, if I do a quick comparation between HG and Melee combat, I get 4.2 times more HG then Melee combat when hunting. So yea, in the beginning, when I am a total noob in Melee related skills, I get an HP boost. After a certain level(3-4k maybe) Melee combat grows 4.2 times slower then HG so I don't get that much advantage. A true slow down in HG comes at around 7-8k

And with that said the value of the hl11 should be?

Assuming firefly sold for +13k and both weapons have about the same min tt. I would value HL11 to around +20k.

Part of this value is the rarity(as far as I know only 2 of them dropped from spiders).

Another reason is the lack of laser handguns with decent DPS between 50-65 dps(this is including A106). There's like 2xHL11, 1xHL12 and 1xHL14 in game? I think there are quite a few firefly around?

This is unless the current owners are in desperate need of cash.

If there is only two the price might end up there... Using anything below a106 amp should be criminal on these guns :laugh:

Yeha, you don't have so many alternatives after the p5a (sure its L but it's always around and at good mu) and grinding L hl11, hl12 hl14 is costly...

Think there is 10 firefly and 8 DB around...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?167892-UL-versions-of-%28L%29-weapons-%28Melee-all-kind%29&highlight=firefly if this is somewhat true...

The widely available option for laser handguns is hl8 UL. I'm not saying you can't reach KS with that little pea shooter, but unless you plan to grind for next 3-4 years only small mobs, it's not really an option. :laugh: The only successful story of such a grinder was A-Bomb but he had special circumstances: previous CP. There he had almost 30-40% more burn rate then on any mob from planet and he lasted only until a bit over commando then switched to i2870.

Beside the arguments I mentioned in my previous post, there's also another one that is worth to take into consideration. These weapons are more desirable for the hardcore grinders who plan to move to some UL old school weapon with very good eco. If you go on the UL melee SIB road you don't have that option. As an owner of such UL SIB laser pistol, I can tell you they are not a profit making machines. It just saves me money and allows to skill for free until I get to a level where I can switch to a better eco weapon. I wouldn't switch to melee weapon, even if it had higher dps, unless I plan to turn into a casual player.

cheers

ermik

Good point about using numbers to help with the pricing and decision making process. ROI is definitely a big factor and should not be ignored. I made this recent post with a formula that might help out a little.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ricing-Formula-Unlimited-SIB-vs.-(L)-Versions

Good point about using numbers to help with the pricing and decision making process. ROI is definitely a big factor and should not be ignored.
Yes but there can never be a ROI without getting loot.
If you factor in getting loot then it is common knowlege that you get about 90% return on TTout VS TTin.
This means you loose 10% on the tt value you spend. Thus the increased cost at the end of the day for using UL SIB VS (L) SIB is 10%!!! of the additional decay. Therefore your ROI will almost always be higher when using UL SIB. The only exception might be (L) guns with like 103% MU or less...
Yes it's annoying to write this over and over again... but why the hell do these people not consider it? lol

Good point about using numbers to help with the pricing and decision making process. ROI is definitely a big factor and should not be ignored. I made this recent post with a formula that might help out a little.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ricing-Formula-Unlimited-SIB-vs.-(L)-Versions

Thanks for this post KyrismaStarsong I came across Johns post the other day but forgot to save it etc. and couldn't find it again... :eyecrazy: I was actually just in the middle of creating a spreadsheet and working out a formula for gun cost and ROI etc. when I saw you posted this. Saved me some work so some +rep coming your way... :D

With some tweaks to my spreadsheet I've come out with some interesting numbers based on using the full TT of either a HL8 (L) and HL11 (L) compared to there unlimited counter parts.

The HL8 is looking rather enticing at the moment... ;)

~xXx

Back