PC: MD-50 - an old-school ore finder with awesome decay

What might be the current price of MD-50 ore finder?

• up to 500 ped

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • 500 - 1k ped

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • 1k - 2k ped

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 2k - 5k ped

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 5k - 10k ped

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 10k - 20k ped

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • more than 20k ped

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

binary

Alpha
Andrew binary Anderson
Hi there ;)

What could be the current markup for Omegaton Detectonator MD-50? I'm owner of one, and I'm not sure what to do - to keep it or to try to sell it (I'm not mining/playing as much as I used to, so I don't really need it as much anymore).

* It has an average search depth - 492.6m, which is between OF-211(L) and OF-105 (and, of course, Z15(L)) - don't expect to find any ruga with it, but it's good for cob, gazz and similar mid-level ores.
* It is rare - according to "Market Value" graphs, it has been sold in auct only 16 times (ever). Last one seems to be sold about 16 months ago.
* It's main value is in its awesome decay - only 0.8pec, which is the lowest ore finder's decay known to entropians (except for Genesis Rookie OreFinder(L), which is mission's finder and lasts for only 25 drops, so it's not quite comparable to other finders).

With such decay, one would save 12.5ped per 1000 bombs, if comparing to OF-105 (which is closest un(L) alternative) - this makes 250ped difference per 20k bombs, which seems to be fair amount of droppend bombs per month for an active miner.

Any info/thoughts will be well appreciated :) Thanks in advance :)

Poll added for better representation of opinions.

Here's a cut&paste of what I said about this in an old pricecheck. MU on amps have changed a little but the general idea is there

I was going to try and get one of these then I realised it only has 54 range to the of-105's 55 range. This gives it 3.7% less ground coverage, which effectively means that if you use 104 amps or higher the decay/m^2 is higher than using a of-105, and if you use oa103 the decay/m^2 is higher than a of-211 - i think the difference at cnd is 4.7% less ground coverage.

So it's realisticaly only a good low decay finder if you mine unamped (maybe oa101 or possibly oa102)

So worth a fair amount to a miner who goes unamped, and worth tt to someone who uses oa105 all the time

Yeah, forgot to compare ranges. Though it might make no big difference for someone using un(L) amps.

Yeah, forgot to compare ranges. Though it might make no big difference for someone using un(L) amps.

It may make no difference at all. :)

Off-topic, but I just had to:

binary, do you use a picture of Marco's younger days as your avatar, or is that actually you? If it's you, then you two look a lot alike! :eek:

my opinion - 500-1k from the usability point,
1-2k from the rarity.

My guess for the target audience would be unamped cnd miner cause you cant find proper rares on cnd anyway and low decay can save a lot in a long term compared to lets say of-105.

and at the moment on calypso there is not even point to mine with something less than tk320, unless you are marked by MA luck upon avatars creation :D

Back