Faustian Faust Dok
Computer Specs:
Intel P4 3200 Ghz Dual Core
4 Gigs RAM
nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX 512 Mb
150 Gig Raptor HDD
Antec Sonata II (Super Quiet case)
It's only a few months old.

I have a sufficient amount of fans to properly cool the PC. I do not experience this anywhere else besides playing EU.

I've noticed a while back that my fans started increasing in speed when logged into EU. Didn't give it much thought. But tonight while logged in I started feeling heat coming from something, and began to investigate. It was my PC getting very hot. I was only logged in for maybe 15 mins. I signed off waited for it to cool, then logged back in. Same thing happened again.

I've never noticed this before sence I usualy have my AC running behind me. Tonight I have it turned off, and this is why I just noticed it. I'm guessing this has been going on for about a month now, not 100% sure.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:
Since when you play PE the pross run at full charge , its also the time it get full hot.

To remove that problem , and since you got allready a quiet case , i recomend you som zalman fan.
http://www.zalman.co.kr/
You dont need to buy the most expensive like water cooling.
But a good low noise fan for sure create less noise and remove overheating pross problem.

Faustian said:
Computer Specs:
Intel P4 3200 Ghz Dual Core
4 Gigs RAM
nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX 512 Mb
150 Gig Raptor HDD
Antec Sonata II (Super Quiet case)
It's only a few months old.

I have a sufficient amount of fans to properly cool the PC. I do not experience this anywhere else besides playing EU.

I've noticed a while back that my fans started increasing in speed when logged into EU. Didn't give it much thought. But tonight while logged in I started feeling heat coming from something, and began to investigate. It was my PC getting very hot. I was only logged in for maybe 15 mins. I signed off waited for it to cool, then logged back in. Same thing happened again.

I've never noticed this before sence I usualy have my AC running behind me. Tonight I have it turned off, and this is why I just noticed it. I'm guessing this has been going on for about a month now, not 100% sure.

Anyone else experiencing this?

If your computer overheats, no you dont have sufficient cooling.
Also, is it very hot at your place atm? 30 celcius room temp obviously provide less cooling than 20 celcius room temp..

Tigerman said:
If your computer overheats, no you dont have sufficient cooling.
Also, is it very hot at your place atm? 30 celcius room temp obviously provide less cooling than 20 celcius room temp..

Well apparently not to play EU :rolleyes:
It ONLY does it in EU!

Well gonna try a few things first. If they don't work I'll get some more fans.

It's maybe high 78 degrees F in this room right now. It's usualy 70, but I'm having a problem with my break switch tripping from sucking to much amps having both window A/C's running at once.

Faustian said:
Well apparently not to play EU :rolleyes:
It ONLY does it in EU!

Well gonna try a few things first. If they don't work I'll get some more fans.

It's maybe high 78 degrees F in this room right now. It's usualy 70, but I'm having a problem with my break switch tripping from sucking to much amps having both window A/C's running at once.
Do you play other games on that computer? For example mmorpgs?

I made very good experiences regarding cooling with this equipment:

Case: Coolermaster Stacker http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product_list&p_class=614
Dont forget to use the HDD-Cages with 120mm fan.

And this cooler is imho the best:
Thermalright XP-120 http://www.thermalright.com

I build up several systems with these both items. I got this temperatures with AMD X2 (Dual Cores):
- Idle: 23 degree C
- Full Load: 36 degree C

The funny thing is, a system with this equipment (incl. 4 x 120mm fans) is very, very quiet. :)

Tigerman said:
Do you play other games on that computer? For example mmorpgs?

Other MMO's no. But this just started happening. It didn't do it before this last VU it seems. Well thats when I started noticing the increase in fan speed. If it was gonna overheat playing EU you'de think it would of done it sence day one. But I don't know, I'm a tab bit of a puter noob these days.

UR videocard gives away more heat. Its a problem with most 6-7 generation gforce vcards and some ati also. but it can be easy solved.
its computer cooling problem not EU. I have same problem - my CPU fan increasing speed during gameplay time to time, cause inside temperature raises. But if i am playing <removed other game name> it does same thing much more offten cause - <removed other game name> have much complicated graphics. Of course super silent vcard (w/o cooler) warms up computer alot :) My problem comes because damn dust around (some road renovation going near my apartment) and after cleaning everything becomes ok. But in general those cases must be solved by adding additional coolers or/and biger coolers (i mean biger physicaly) cause biger ones are more silents and on same speed as smaler ones, they giving much more air to cooling surface. Also i recomend u to check ur coolers (not CPU one) air flow direction - specialy if u have more then 2 of them - air must flow trought case - its hard to believe but sometimes i noticed some "experts" work - front cooler and back cooler both are working TO inside - its means they both pushing air in - most recomended way is - front one pushing air in - back one - away, but it depends from PSU (power source) fan also - back one cooler must be in same direction as PSU one. Air must flow TROUGHT case with big enought coolers- then everything is OK.

Also check case inside temperature if case allows it - i believe so "uber case" allows it. sometimes it must be set litle bit to low - it cause fan speed incrase also. tehnicaly u can play with all those w/o blowing ur computer away :) if tempereature on CPU will become to hight - it will switch off anyway :)

So - GL :D

P.S. Yes as Tigerman noticed - opening case helps on old ones, where temperature was much lower :) In those "uber cases" and new CPUs and vcards opening case cover cause air flow breakup, it gives much worther results mostly as closed one.

P.P.S. Also dont make my mistake - i dont like case on table - so both my computers are on floor - thye sucking all dust from floor - so i am forced to clean them prety offten - 1 time per month as minimum. Put it on table - it helps - believe me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As hunterz said, make sure air flow through the case, front to back (sucking air IN from where the PSU blow hot air OUT is not a good thing) and clean the fans/ribs. Also, whatever you do, dont fall for the old "i need to open my case to get better cooling" temptation as it just dont work. Infact it work quite opposite of the intention as air no longer flow across the CPU as its intended to..

Two questions:

1) are you smokeing?

2) How long do you own this PC?

If you have to answer questions 1 whit yes or more than 6 month for question 2 then I suggest that you open your case and try to clean all the coolers from dust - also try to blow out as much dust out of power supply as possible.

Reason is as they normally stand on ground and constantly sucking in air they tend to accumulate a lot of dust in the cooler and powersupply as well as on the coolers. This is much more of a problem if you smoke as the things in the smoke make the dust even stick better to the fins.

Beside the hotter environement in the summer time this is one factor which could bring the temperature of your PC doown.

Hope it helps

Regards

I wish I could open the case to check how many and where the fans are placed. But the damn side panel is locked and they didn't give me a key it seems. LOL

I'll try to get over to the PC place some time this week and get the key. Then I can further investigate.

Raffaele Meiers: Yea I plan on blowing it out also once I have the key :D
And as I said in my post it's only a few months old. I don't leave it on the floor, I keep it up on my desk. I dont' smell anything, I could just feel the heat coming from it.

Id also suggest to run a program such as speedfan (free download from the web.) It can run in the system tray so you can keep an eye of the accurate temps of your pc.

wenna306 said:
Id also suggest to run a program such as speedfan (free download from the web.) It can run in the system tray so you can keep an eye of the accurate temps of your pc.

Thanks this helped alot. Seems I do have some cooling issues. I'll buy some more fans while I'm at the PC shop also. And try to reconfigure the air flow thru the case.

Also I turned my A/C back on and the temps are slowly dropping now.

Last edited:
wenna306 said:

wow some tool , ty for the link!

Nicole said:
wow some tool , ty for the link!

Yes an awsome tool, I like it alot. Sence I've turned my A/C back on I've had a 10 degree F drop so far. I guess always having the A/C on was helping my PC stay cool. It just didn't seem that warm in here. Oh well, I'm still gonna get those extra fans :D

Mmm I'm getting 120 degree celcius on my temp3 in SpeedFan is than normal, dude? and it's winter over here.

Sure a A/C helps as cooling is done by the delta in temp between surface and cooling medium. Them bigger the delta the bigger is the cooling.

BTW smokeing makes it dirty much faster.

Raffaele Meiers said:
Sure a A/C helps as cooling is done by the delta in temp between surface and cooling medium. Them bigger the delta the bigger is the cooling.

BTW smokeing makes it dirty much faster.

Yea I do smoke alot at the PC :(

Faustian said:
Yes an awsome tool, I like it alot. Sence I've turned my A/C back on I've had a 10 degree F drop so far. I guess always having the A/C on was helping my PC stay cool. It just didn't seem that warm in here. Oh well, I'm still gonna get those extra fans :D

You know I was going to say that the AC are probably the best thing you got working for your pcs!

Back in the 90 when I worked for an law firm, all their main frames where AC 365 an year.

My PC’s 3 are kept right under the Bedroom AC.

These are the reading for my pc..

Note the fans where not on until I put on Auto Temp control... Now the fans want to run at 100% speed instead of 54%....

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Im an big smoker too , especially when doing PC work :(

Last edited:
I'm using a laptop and as soon I login EU the thing runs hot and blower is constantly on. It's only in EU, haven't had this ever in any other program.

As there is a direct correlation between heat and livetime of the electronic components in your computer - the more the temperature the sooner it will fail. So it is allways a compromise between silents running and good cooling.

So my advice is that you look that there is nothing covering the holes in the case where the air flows in, that you do not place things on the cover of a desktop computer as they also use the case to give the heat away and a Monitor or a pile of paper is like isolation and makes temperature rise.

Others like bigger fans etc. are already mentioned in thread.

If you get the key for the case and look inside I think you will be shocked what amount of dust there is inside a PC when the person using it is smoking :)

LostInEntropia said:
I'm using a laptop and as soon I login EU the thing runs hot and blower is constantly on. It's only in EU, haven't had this ever in any other program.

I use also a Laptop and have only 512 MB of Ram so harddisk is running very hot - my countermeasure in summer is that I use a Coldpack which I plase below the Notebook to lower the Temperature of the components inside - It is extreme how fast a cold pack turns into a hot pack while playing EU :wise:

ur computer shuld not be overheated...and iff its new as u say there must be any other problem maybe u have built it self and some components dosent work good too each other...or maybe ur computer is overclocked then it can be overheated. there can also be drivers that are the problem,
many says that u need too get more fans or better fans but ur computer is new and the original fans is good enuff...i use almost same computer as u are using but i use AMD and 1gb ram..my computer is overclocked and i use original fans when i play EU my computer is 30c` processor use is 30-50% i update my drivers as fast it come new updates...

Thanks for all the replies guys. I do think it is a air flow problem, wether it be not enough fans or the air flow is not right. I'm pretty sure the CPU does not have a fan, this is only a guess, but it is the hottest thing SpeedFan is showing. I'm guessing it may only have a heat sink. But I won't know for sure till I can open the case. Right now Internal (120F) and CPU (135) temp are too high. Although the out side of the case feels fine now. But I'll work it out. I'de like to have all temps down below 120, 115 if I can do it.

Archangel said:
I made very good experiences regarding cooling with this equipment:

Case: Coolermaster Stacker http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product_list&p_class=614
Dont forget to use the HDD-Cages with 120mm fan.

And this cooler is imho the best:
Thermalright XP-120 http://www.thermalright.com

I build up several systems with these both items. I got this temperatures with AMD X2 (Dual Cores):
- Idle: 23 degree C
- Full Load: 36 degree C

The funny thing is, a system with this equipment (incl. 4 x 120mm fans) is very, very quiet. :)

That is some serious cooling happening there!

I do know of someone, one of my friends stayed with when he was at uni, who built a computer inside a small fridge. Idle temperature was about 4 celcius I think :-S

I'd love to build a PC that uses liquid nitrogen as a coolant :-D

Personally though I'm getting myself a water cooling system for my PC. Mine has issues overheating aswell.

Ava said:
That is some serious cooling happening there!

I do know of someone, one of my friends stayed with when he was at uni, who built a computer inside a small fridge. Idle temperature was about 4 celcius I think :-S

I'd love to build a PC that uses liquid nitrogen as a coolant :-D

Personally though I'm getting myself a water cooling system for my PC. Mine has issues overheating aswell.

If you do a search here on EF, Starfinder had an idea of building a rack system inside a commercial refridgerator. He gave up on the idea do to no idea on how to control condensation.

I'm trying to avoid a water cooling system my self.

Maybe the thread I started contains something useful for anyone:

CPU always 100%?

Back